PDA

View Full Version : Dallas will beat LA, which makes it more painful

SinBAD
05-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Dallas will beat LA, OKC defense sucks and we would've beaten them.Too bad we didnt have Manu game 1.We would've beaten dallas and gotten to the final.man this sucks

Hoops Czar
05-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Dallas will beat LA, OKC defense sucks and we would've beaten them.Too bad we didnt have Manu game 1.We would've beaten dallas and gotten to the final.man this sucks

Blaming game 1 on Manu is pretty typical but dead wrong. The Spurs had a 4 point lead with 58 seconds remaining. They should have won regardless.

You must be psychic. Dallas won game 1 so Dallas will win the series. OKC's defense sucks, so they'll lose to Memphis.

StoneBuddha
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Blaming game 1 on Manu is pretty typical but dead wrong. The Spurs had a 4 point lead with 58 seconds remaining. They should have won regardless.

Yes, I totally blame Tony Parker for blowing the last 58 seconds of that game. Sigh.

05-03-2011, 12:52 AM
grizzlies outplayed the spurs even with manu on the floor...

Capt Bringdown
05-03-2011, 12:56 AM
With or without Manu, Memphis had our number, we were out-coached and out-played at every turn.

DesignatedT
05-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Pump the brakes kid. Dallas only won 1 game.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Yeah, Manu being out had nothing to do with our elimination. Things started going downhill after the Spurs pummeled the Heat. Pop tried a new strategy this season, penetrate and dish to the perimeter, fast paced back-court lead system. It didn't work, but Pop will come up with a new strategy, and we'll see how that fares in the playoffs.

& btw, the Grizzlies aren't fucking around, they made the Thunder look like scrubs, and if they play the Lakers, they're going to fight it out hard. If they play the Mavs, they'll win in 6 games.

rmt
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
That's a lot of ifs.

Listening to Charles talk about Odom getting starter minutes and one of Gasol/Bynum playing less reminds me of Pop moving away from a seven footer beside TD to a smaller player (to guard Dirk - Mavs 06).

crc21209
05-03-2011, 01:23 AM
If the Spurs couldnt beat the Grizzlies, they wouldnt have been able to beat the Lakers or Mavs anyways, hell even the Thunder...

Nathan89
05-03-2011, 01:29 AM
If the Spurs couldnt beat the Grizzlies, they wouldnt have been able to beat the Lakers or Mavs anyways, hell even the Thunder...

Oh they would have lost to the Lakers but they could beat the Thunder or Mavs.

rmt
05-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Agree on Grizzlies and Lakers, but not on the Mavs and Thunder - very different match-ups.

Grizzlies flat out-played them, but the Spurs could have squeaked out some of the close games (with Manu in game 1 and Splitter earlier).

100%duncan
05-03-2011, 01:50 AM
We lost already give our team and us fans a chance tor ecover from that loss and stop flashing back the loss.

GhosTown
05-03-2011, 02:48 AM
With or without Manu, Memphis had our number, we were out-coached and out-played at every turn.

We were outplayed because we were out coached.

There is no time EVER that Bonner should have been checking Z-bo, and definitely not for 20 mins of an elimination game.

Texas_Ranger
05-03-2011, 02:50 AM
I'd be really happy if Dallas defeats those stupid fucks!

Splits
05-03-2011, 03:17 AM

Oh they would have lost to the Lakers but they could beat the Thunder or Mavs.

Agree on Grizzlies and Lakers, but not on the Mavs and Thunder - very different match-ups.

No. While the Lakers won't make it to the WCF, it theoretically would have been nice to get redemption against them. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Lakers are playing horrible basketball right now. The Mavs will beat them.

I posted this in the NBA forum, but just consider that the Lakers are 6-8 in their last 14 games. One of those wins was in OT against Sucktown which finished 2nd to last in the West. Another of those wins was against the Spurs 3rd team end of the bench. The other 4 were against a Whorenets team which lost their last 3 games of the regular season, all by double digits. And now they lose at home to the NBA's all time leading chokers.

The Lakers are playing their worst basketball since losing to the Cavs. You can flip the switch as many times as you'd like Lakerfan, the light bulb is burnt the fuck out. You can meet the Spurs at South Padre Island next week for their fishing trip

Fireball
05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Lets just hope Dallas continues that way ... Dirk deserves another chance at the title.
But Lakers are far from done after just one game, especially because Dallas seems to be more concentrated on the road than at home ...

hater
05-03-2011, 08:50 AM
any scenario where LA loses is not painful

Agloco
05-03-2011, 09:17 AM
any scenario where LA loses is not painful

I'm really tor but in the end I lean towards LA losing as well. I'd hate to see Dallas go all the way while we sit out after the first round. Would be 07 in reverse.

8FOR!3
05-03-2011, 09:31 AM
More painful? I would love for LA to get eliminated in the second round. Hell, Mavs fans have more class than the Lakers. And even though we hate them, they're kind of like family. You know that druggie second half cousin that everyone has but nobody talks to?

Budkin
05-03-2011, 11:09 AM
You can't assume anything. We were still in free fall from Timmy's injury. We closed the season with a thud and just kept it up in the playoffs. I would love to see the Mavs beat the Lakers at this point.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
The Mavs only stole Game 1. I think the Lakers will eventually put them away just like they did with the Hornets.

quentin_compson
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Dallas won't beat LA, and I don't know about us beating OKC or Dallas.

ChuckD
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

You didn't get the script? LA loses the first game to build the drama, winds up splitting the first four games, then charges back to win games five and six.

Brought to you by David Stern.

pawe
05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Accept it. The Spurs this year cant beat anyone and are just not contenders. They weren't hungry enough.

DMC
05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't care who beats LA as long as they lose.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
The Mavs only stole Game 1. I think the Lakers will eventually put them away just like they did with the Hornets.

I am serious when I ask how the hell you can be a fan of rivals like that? Mavs and Spurs fan? Is that even possible? :rollin:rollin

TJastal
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Accept it. The Spurs this year cant beat anyone and are just not contenders. They weren't hungry enough.

I don't get this whole "hungry" argument to explain success/failure. Seems to me every team is hungry to win ballgames, doesn't mean they will.

Hell, what's Matt Bonner's excuse then? He's always hungry for more minutes (and more sandwiches).

temujin
05-04-2011, 02:45 AM
You didn't get the script? LA loses the first game to build the drama, winds up splitting the first four games, then charges back to win games five and six.

It sure did look that way.
The LA pathetic bench was still in deep into the 4th.
Strange foul by Gasol at the end.
Even more bizarre TO by Kobe after.
In general, it didn't look like a playoff game.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I am serious when I ask how the hell you can be a fan of rivals like that? Mavs and Spurs fan? Is that even possible? :rollin:rollin

Born in Dallas, so, some regional loyalty, but I am much more a Spurs person by nature.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM

So David Stern ordered Gasol to foul Nowitzki, caused Kidd to steal a turnover on a Lakers inbound pass, and caused Bryant to miss a game-winning three?

You're giving the man much more credit for supernatural abilities than he deserves.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Whoa, Dallas up 2-0. O_O

romain.star
05-05-2011, 09:20 AM
yeah and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

ducks
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
still would not be shocked if dallas chokes it away

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I prefer to lose against Memphis than Dallas.

We weren't going to win the tittle anyway with or without Lakers.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I prefer to lose against Memphis than Dallas.

We weren't going to win the tittle anyway with or without Lakers.

Oh yeah, losing against Memphis is alot better than DALLAS! I could not bare another year of their fans getting on us for that especially if it propelled them to the finals.

spurtech09
05-05-2011, 05:49 PM
doesn't matter...so what if the mavs make it to the finals....you should already know that the heat is going to be in the finals no matter what and there going to win the nba championship thanks to stern.....so by the looks of it the mavs are going to get screwed again ....might as well give the heat the trophy already:king

Basketball Power
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Dallas is willing to pay big for guys like Chandler, we are will to waste MLE on Bonner

that's why Mavs are going to the WCF probably finals while Spurs getting bounced out the first rd

dbreiden83080
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Dirk beating LA is fine by me. Anyone beating Kobe and ending their annoying run is good by me..