PDA

View Full Version : Is Duncan a Hall of Famer?

Ari Gold
05-03-2011, 01:04 AM
imma go with no

Nathan89
05-03-2011, 01:05 AM
:sleep

davethedope
05-03-2011, 01:05 AM
He is, but he doesn't have dominant stats. Thing is though, worse players have gotten
in so he's a first ballot.

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 01:06 AM
He's a tired old shit bag I know that.

SourCandy
05-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes. He will make it into the HOF easy actually.

Ghazi
05-03-2011, 01:08 AM
He's a tired old shit bag I know that.

we took yer cookie tonight..and you know what? we made you like it

tee, hee

ElNono
05-03-2011, 01:09 AM

tee, hee

:rollin

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 01:10 AM

tee, hee

Well, when you win the last game played next month you'll have something. Until then...you're O & Forever.

JayTheClown
05-03-2011, 01:19 AM
imma go with no

I dont like to name call but.....your an idiot. I know your trying to troll but your still and idiot.

Yorae
05-03-2011, 01:20 AM
OP....FUCK YOU! Get over here and die.

kamikazi_player
05-03-2011, 01:23 AM
What an stupendous thread

ezau
05-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

100%duncan
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM

tee, hee

LOL. lets go mavs!!!!!?

Sean Cagney
05-03-2011, 02:02 AM
He is, but he doesn't have dominant stats. Thing is though, worse players have gotten
in so he's a first ballot.

Yeah he is just borderline I guess then and will get in from worse being in there :lol:lol:lol. He is first ballot, and top 15 all time easily, he is there because he is meant to be there, period!

Dominant stats? Two time MVP THREE TIME FINALS MVP! How many times first team NBA, all star first team how many times! Top whatever in blocks! Rebounds? Yeah he is not for any reason dominant lol........ he is first ballot because he earned it, not because worse have gotten in there.

crc21209
05-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Obvious yes here. Without him the Spurs have 0 titles and could potentially be in another city right now....

NewcastleKEG
05-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Greatest Power Forward of All Time

Best player since MJ

TDfan2007
05-03-2011, 02:22 AM
All non-grey Spurs fans should just be absolutely ashamed of themselves for falling for this troll attempt.

rayjayjohnson
05-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Depends which hall of fame. Hall of fame for grown ass men who play dungeons and dragons, sure

Splits
05-03-2011, 02:26 AM
He will never be in Cooperstown or Canton.

NewJerSpur
05-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Depends which hall of fame. Hall of fame for grown ass men who play dungeons and dragons, sure

He's also fancied himself at a little game called "Rings & Championships". :king

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 02:58 AM
He's lucky that leading your team to consecutive titles is not admission criteria, tbh.

NewJerSpur
05-03-2011, 03:04 AM
He's lucky that leading your team to consecutive titles is not admission criteria, tbh.

Yeah because all of those players who had stellar careers but never won ONE title would be omitted. :rolleyes

Splits
05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah because all of those players who had stellar careers but never won ONE title would be omitted. :rolleyes

Karl Malone and Chuck Barkley say hello.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:13 AM

Kobe repeated. With Shaq. Without Shaq. Just saying...:toast

NewJerSpur
05-03-2011, 03:19 AM

Bottom line, you tried to pass off repeating as some sort of criteria and in the process discredited what a large percentage of HOF'ers and future HOF'ers have and will accomplish. The troll attempt backfired, point blank.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Yeah he is just borderline I guess then and will get in from worse being in there :lol:lol:lol. He is first ballot, and top 15 all time easily, he is there because he is meant to be there, period!

Dominant stats? Two time MVP THREE TIME FINALS MVP! How many times first team NBA, all star first team how many times! Top whatever in blocks! Rebounds? Yeah he is not for any reason dominant lol........ he is first ballot because he earned it, not because worse have gotten in there.

It's true though, he's nowhere near top 20 in rebounds, points, blocks he's top ten, should be there for a while. All of those teams, first team NBA, defense blah blah blah, doesn't count with me.

Three finals MVP is impressive as well as League MVP.
But I don't give much credence to the past decade of champions, any of
them. There hasn't been a truly great team since the last Jordan Bulls.
Those Shaq Laker teams aren't great, neither are these Lakers, Spurs weren't great and neither was any of their comp. Celtics took 26 games to
win their title.

Let's put it like this, to Duncan's credit he was a hell of a player, and he was in the league at the right time.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:24 AM

Please. This needs to be settled, Kobe's 5 rings do not in anyway
compare to Magic's 5 rings. It's a joke to even compare the two and
the comp they faced to win their rings.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Bottom line, you tried to pass off repeating as some sort of criteria and in the process discredited what a large percentage of HOF'ers and future HOF'ers have and will accomplish. The troll attempt backfired, point blank.

:lol

Man In Black
05-03-2011, 03:26 AM
You mean the same way that Larry Legend Bird did except that Bird only got 3 titles where Tim got 4?

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Please. This needs to be settled, Kobe's 5 rings do not in anyway
compare to Magic's 5 rings. It's a joke to even compare the two and
the comp they faced to win their rings.

How about this comparison?

Kobe: 5
New York Knicks: 2

:tu

rmt
05-03-2011, 03:31 AM
It's true though, he's nowhere near top 20 in rebounds, points, blocks he's top ten, should be there for a while. All of those teams, first team NBA, defense blah blah blah, doesn't count with me.

Those Shaq Laker teams aren't great, neither are these Lakers, Spurs weren't great and neither was any of their comp. Celtics took 26 games to
win their title.

Let's put it like this, to Duncan's credit he was a hell of a player, and he was in the league at the right time.

You're very faint with praise. I wonder what you say about those players you have on the Knicks (if that's the team you're a fan of). As TP said, if Spurs were in NY, TD, Manu and TP would be gods.

NewJerSpur
05-03-2011, 03:32 AM
In terms of the actual topic at hand, I agree that this thread has gotten a lot of mileage to have been made by a Lakers fan trying to distract people from paying attention to the series at hand.

Guess I'll have to just cross my fingers and hope that Timmy squeaks his way in the backdoor somehow. :rolleyes

Splits
05-03-2011, 03:33 AM

Patrick Ewing (HoF): 0

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:36 AM
You mean the same way that Larry Legend Bird did except that Bird only got 3 titles where Tim got 4?

Correct. But technically they both have 3, but we will say TD has 4 for sake of discussion (and so you guys won't say I'm trolling). :downspin:

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Patrick Ewing (HoF): 0

Neither would TD if he played in the '80s. That was a smash mouth basketball era which would have been too tough for Timmy Finesse Duncan. Remember, he would have been Brad Daugherty (0 rings) at best if he played back then. :lol

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:45 AM
You're very faint with praise. I wonder what you say about those players you have on the Knicks (if that's the team you're a fan of). As TP said, if Spurs were in NY, TD, Manu and TP would be gods.

I'm new around here, so just fyi, I try to be objective, and trying
to tweek me by mentioning the Knicks doesn't work. I'm a Yankees fan,
so don't worry about it. I am sympathetic to the Knicks for sentimental
reasons but I don't suffer losers.

Now, on to your issues, if they were on the Knicks they would still
be who they are. I will not even pretend like the Knick contenders of
90's were great teams. We had one all-star and Pat Riley. Knicks
couldn't beat the Bulls end of story. If the positions were reversed I'd
feel the same way.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Neither would TD if he played in the '80s. That was a smash mouth basketball era which would have been too tough for Timmy Finesse Duncan. Remember, he would have been Brad Daugherty (0 rings) at best if he played back then. :lol

That's probably true.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:50 AM

I made this point before. Shit on the 70's Knicks if you
want but they took titles away from Laker teams featuring Wilt Chamberlin
and Jerry West. That's comp.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:50 AM
That's probably true.

:toast

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:51 AM
I made this point before. Shit on the 70's Knicks if you
want but they took titles away from Laker teams featuring Wilt Chamberlin
and Jerry West. That's comp.

Yes, and it's still counts for 2 titles to Kobe's 5. But hey, at least you have the Yankees.

Splits
05-03-2011, 03:54 AM

Tim Duncan says hello to Ewing in the '99 Finals. Lest we forget, Patty played from 86-02. Ringless. Not exactly "played in the 80s" when he "played in the 90s". Ringless as well.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Yes, and it's still counts for 2 titles to Kobe's 5. But hey, at least you have the Yankees.

damn right.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Tim Duncan says hello to Ewing in the '99 Finals

Hey, I would've loved to win that title, but come on now, that was the lockout title, doesn't count.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Tim Duncan says hello to Ewing in the '99 Finals

Ha Ha - they beat a 37 year old Ewing that lead his 27-23 (basically 500) Knick's team to the Finals. Good one! :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Hey, I would've loved to win that title, but come on now, that was the lockout title, doesn't count.

You better duck and cover. These farmers don't like hearing that shit.

http://www.therealmartha.com/CritterIndex/dog_laughing.gif

davethedope
05-03-2011, 04:02 AM
You better duck and cover. These farmers don't like hearing that shit.

Listen, I'm a truth teller. That needs to faced up to, seriously. Three rings, fine, that other shit, it's a joke.

Splits
05-03-2011, 04:07 AM

:nope

Yes, I can't believe the NBA even attempted to hold a playoffs when the "preseason" was only half a season. What's next, the playoffs where the 1st round played best-of-5 doesn't count?

Some of the best players in the league never won chips, yet somehow Ewing's failure is exempted?

Malone.

Barkley.

Dirk.

Carter.

Gervin.

Miller.

Maravich.

Nash.

English.

McGrady.

Wilkins.

Iverson.

Stockton.

Kidd.

Baylor.

Shall I go on?

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Listen, I'm a truth teller. That needs to faced up to, seriously. Three rings, fine, that other shit, it's a joke.

I hear you man. That's why Phillip Jackson dubs them the Sp*rs. Fucks the cowtippers up everytime. :lol

davethedope
05-03-2011, 04:14 AM
It's not exempted. Ewing was alone most of the time. The thing about
those Knick teams, with the exception of a few players, is that New York was
a place for players at the tail end of their career, Maurice Cheeks, Xavier McDaniel,
Larry Johnson, Charles Oakley, etc. etc.

Ewing was a dominant big man, but he couldn't dominate Olajuwon. I'm pretty
sure Robinson got the better of him most of the time.

But back to the lockout title, it wasn't a full season, that year left
a bad taste in everyone's mouth, it simply doesn't count.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 04:15 AM
I hear you man. That's why Phillip Jackson dubs them the Sp*rs. Fucks the cowtippers up everytime. :lol

There's no other way. It's an asterix year, everybody knows that.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 04:17 AM
Don't forget, Phil Jacko was a Knick, so we have love for him
and his accomplishments. That's why when the Bulls beat us, it was like
getting beaten by your cousin who was best friends with MJ.

Splits
05-03-2011, 04:22 AM

So ironic coming from Laker fan that preaches that the regular season matters doesn't and "real" chips are won by teams who turn it on during the post-season. Hypocrite much?

Why is PJ going to retire after the season? More specifically, C U Next Tuesday. :rollin:rollin

Splits
05-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Don't forget, Phil Jacko was a Knick, so we have love for him
and his accomplishments. That's why when the Bulls beat us, it was like
getting beaten by your cousin who was best friends with MJ.

Cousin fuckers crack me up. bin Laden much? My SEALS say hello.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 04:30 AM
So ironic coming from Laker fan that preaches that the regular season matters doesn't and "real" chips are won by teams who turn it on during the post-season. Hypocrite much?
Not hypocritical. Every NBA champion in league history played a full season en route to their titles minus the '99 Sp*rs. Full season = full credit for a title. :downspin:

Why is PJ going to retire after the season? More specifically, C U Next Tuesday. :rollin:rollin

He is retiring because he isn't healthy and he doesn't want to do it anymore. Nothing more, nothing less.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Cousin fuckers crack me up. bin Laden much? My SEALS say hello.

What does Bin Laden have to do with anything? I'm not saying
it didn't piss me off that we couldn't beat the Bulls. Phil was, is a Knick.

Splits
05-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Not hypocritical. Every NBA champion in league history played a full season en route to their titles minus the '99 Sp*rs. Full season = full credit for a title. :downspin:

Yes, of course. When LakerFan declares the regular season doesn't matter, the regular season doesn't matter. When LakerFan declares the regular season matters, the regular season IS DA MOST IMPORTANT TIME IN DA WORLD. Whatever happens, LakerFan wins. Nice perverted system you people have devised for yourselves. It must feel good to always win, even when you lose. I suspect this is why the rest of the cuntry outside of Orange county hates each and every one of you with a passion. Trump for President.

He is retiring because he isn't healthy and he doesn't want to do it anymore. Nothing more, nothing less.
Can you please provide a link for us to contribute to his retirement fund? Also too, you should post how we can make the twilight of his life more comfortable. What kind of chocolates does he prefer? Does he need his yacht cleaned? Does he prefer his mustache trimmed or shaved? This poor man, if only us laymen could understand the hardships he undergoes and help him out in any way possible.

DMC
05-03-2011, 05:24 AM

So did Robert Horry.

DMC
05-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Duncan is not a Hall of Famer. He's not even retired and he's not been voted into it. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Regardless, how long before it becomes so diluted that it's pointless?

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Splitman4evah (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=24583&dateline=1299222015http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg

Splits
05-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Splitman4evah (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=24583&dateline=1299222015http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg

I'll give you all my v-bookie cash if you can site the source of my avatar photoshop. You have 10 minutes.

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 05:55 AM
I'll give you all my v-bookie cash if you can site the source of my avatar photoshop. You have 10 minutes.

http://absolutelytrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/who-give-a-fuck.jpg

Splits
05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
http://absolutelytrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/who-give-a-fuck.jpg

Fail. Where's the AMERICAN flag?

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Fail. Where's the AMERICAN flag?

Dude, it's 6:04am in Texas. Isn't it time to go milk Elsie? :lol

Splits
05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Dude, it's 6:04am in Texas. Isn't it time to go milk Elsie? :lol

Wow. First time a LakerFan has made me laugh. FWIW I'm on east coast time and nocturnal and an insomniac. Picture is a former Supreme Court justice......................

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Wow. First time a LakerFan has made me laugh. FWIW I'm on east coast time and nocturnal and an insomniac. Picture is a former Supreme Court justice......................with Kobe's face and Phil Jackson's hands?

Leetonidas
05-03-2011, 07:13 AM

win their title.

You're stupid

davethedope
05-03-2011, 08:10 AM
You're stupid

truth hurts. That's your best argument.

Leetonidas
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Does, doesn't it?

Leetonidas
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
8. San Antonio Spurs

KEY FACTS

Regular-season record: 37-13
Postseason record: 15-2
Avg. scoring margin: +8.1
Avg. scoring margin, playoffs: +7.2
Finals result: Beat New York, 4-1 LEADERS (regular-season stats)
Scoring: Tim Duncan, 21.7 ppg
Rebounds: Tim Duncan, 11.4 rpg
Assists: Avery Johnson, 7.4 apg
Coach: Gregg Popovich
Finals MVP: Tim Duncan

A forgotten great team because of the lockout, the Spurs began the year 6-8 … and then went 46-7 the rest of the way, with nary a losing streak. An awesome defensive squad led by big men David Robinson and Tim Duncan, San Antonio's 84.7 points allowed per game is far and away the least of any of these 66 squads. That 15-2 postseason mark ain't too shabby either, including sweeps of the Blazers and Lakers. So stingy was the defense that only twice in 17 playoff games did San Antonio's opponent muster 90 points.

William Hung
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM

faggy opinion + certainty = douchebag status

William Hung
05-03-2011, 08:34 AM
:cryThe lockout season doesn't count because my team almost got swept by the Spurs:cry

davethedope
05-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't talk shit. It's true. That season was a fucking disgrace for the league.
I'm certain of it.

BoricuaCJA
05-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm certain of it.
If your team would of won somehow, you would of count it as a championship, you wouldn't put an asterisk on it. Don't be an idiot. So if this were to happen next season again, your gonna put an asterisk on it too? Even if somehow the Knicks win it(really doubt it).

Ice009
05-03-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm certain of it.

lol you certainly are a dope.

jag
05-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Spurs fans get trolled so easily it's embarrassing.

davethedope
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
If your team would of won somehow, you would of count it as a championship, you wouldn't put an asterisk on it. Don't be an idiot. So if this were to happen next season again, your gonna put an asterisk on it too? Even if somehow the Knicks win it(really doubt it).

Yeah, there'd be an asterix. There's only an asterix because it wasn't a full
season. No one is saying they didn't win, beating a downright useless Knicks
team. I don't even know why you'd want credit for that shit. If you think
honestly the Knicks would've made it to the finals, let alone the playoffs
that year then you're hopeless.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
troll is troll

DMC
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Ruth B Ginsburg (sp?) USSC.

Trolling is as trolling does.

TampaDude
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone who says that Tim Duncan won't be in the HOF should just kill themselves right now before they can have any children and further pollute the gene pool with their idiot DNA. :lmao

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone who says that Tim Duncan won't be in the HOF should just kill themselves right now before they can have any children and further pollute the gene pool with their idiot DNA. :lmao

the sad thing is you fell for it and should carry out the plan you just described.

TampaDude
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
the sad thing is you fell for it and should carry out the plan you just described.

I knew it was a troll. Just figured I'd get my .02 in anyway.

BTW, I'd gladly kill you and your whole family before ever contemplating suicide. :lol

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I knew it was a troll. Just figured I'd get my .02 in anyway.

so you admit you're a retard.

TampaDude
05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
so you admit you're a retard.

Well, I'm smarter than you, so if I'm a retard, where does that leave you? :lol

Imincontrollinao!!!

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/506555/naterob_medium.gif

Splits
05-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Ruth B Ginsburg (sp?) USSC.

Trolling is as trolling does.

Ding ding ding!

Spurtacus
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
imma go with no

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/344/1/4/Baby_Facepalm_Poster_by_Nianden.jpg

Sean Cagney
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM

win their title.

JUST STOP IT... He is top 15 all time player, easily. Was he selfish? NO he never did score THAT much, but if he had to he could have easily.

BTW where have the Knicks been since the 70's or early 90's where they never won a ring? I hate when people use the decade thing to discredit guys saying they were lucky to not play in such and such era.
There's no other way. It's an asterix year, everybody knows that.

The dude who says this would say otherwise if the Knicks won it that year :lol:lol, you kids need to stop it.

Knicks are the joke of the leauge.

Ur name is Dave the DOPE though, should have saw that there and knew right away what it was.

Blake
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
JUST STOP IT... He is top 15 all time player, easily. Was he selfish? NO he never did score THAT much, but if he had to he could have easily.

BTW where have the Knicks been since the 70's or early 90's where they never won a ring? I hate when people use the decade thing to discredit guys saying they were lucky to not play in such and such era.

The dude who says this would say otherwise if the Knicks won it that year :lol:lol, you kids need to stop it.

Ur name is Dave the DOPE though, should have saw that there and knew right away what it was.

I can feel the greyburn from here.

It feels awesome. :tu

Please continue.

Budkin
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
This should be in the stupid fucking threads hall of fame

davethedope
05-03-2011, 11:07 PM

Of course this is troll thread. You fell for it. I replied just because. If you read the entire thread you'd know I was the first to reply he is a HOF. Also, you'd know bringing up the Knicks means nothing to me.

I think Duncan is a great in his time and context. If you think he's
the greatest of all-time no problem, but there's evidence to the contrary.
The problem with Duncan is not him but the NBA of the time.

I think we're just now getting back to a great level of NBA competition, a decade later and of course the owners want to shut the shit down again.

Bito Corleone
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
God damn there are some idiots in here...and I'm not talking about the trolling OP

Spursfan092120
05-03-2011, 11:21 PM
All non-grey Spurs fans should just be absolutely ashamed of themselves for falling for this troll attempt.

Spursfan092120
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/506555/naterob_medium.gif
lol...Pierce is like....GETOFFME!

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-03-2011, 11:24 PM
No

TDfan2007
05-04-2011, 10:34 AM

jacobdrj
05-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Better question: Is Timmay a top 10 player all time?

It is a tough call, but I think he makes it...