PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for in LAL vs. DAL...

TDfan2007
05-03-2011, 02:35 AM
This one is pretty tough.

Lakers: Bitch-assedness runs rampant throughout the roster. Not one likeable player to speak of (well...maybe Odom). Pau and Kobe's vocal flopping is just ridiculous.

Mavs: Jason Terry. No need to say more. Pity might sway some fans of other teams in this direction.

So...which team do non LA/Dallas fans root for? This one's especially tough for Spurs fans. I for one am rooting for Dallas...only because I feel that they'll get destroyed by either Memphis or OKC in the WCFs.

i MAke GOod POlls
05-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Dallas. LA needs to get knocked off already.

Anyway, winner of Dallas/LA is going to the Finals. Both teams would have homecourt and are way more experienced than OKC/Memphis

Splits
05-03-2011, 02:57 AM
This is not at all difficult for Spurs fans. For multiple reasons, you should be rooting for the Mavs.

1) Spurs have only faced the Mavs 4 times in the playoffs, winning 3 of those, whereas we've battled the Lakers since the early 80s and mostly suffered at their hands for close to 30 years

2) Phil Jackson's "asterisk" comment about the '99 chip

3) Lakers have a rapist on their team and their fans continue to call the accused but acquitted non-rapist Neal a rapist

4) Everyone knows the Mavs are the most chokingest franchise in the NBA and will never win a chip. When they beat the Lakers they will lose in the conference finals. The time to root against them is after they put the Lakers and Phil Jackson to sleep next week.

5) Texas pride

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 06:08 AM
^You got no room. Your Neal raped too.

Splits
05-03-2011, 06:14 AM
^ your lame schtick is so tired. Do you really expect to get reactions/laughs with the same lame bullshit over and over?

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 06:17 AM
^ your lame schtick is so tired. Do you really expect to get reactions/laughs with the same lame bullshit over and over?

Not at 4 O'clock local time, but, then I trolled you in like shaved pussy.

tee, hee.

rayjayjohnson
05-03-2011, 06:17 AM

but he has a point.

neal rapedPERIOD

Frenzy
05-03-2011, 07:51 AM
It was strange watching last nights game. I hate both teams (more than any other) but one just a tad more than the other. That and the fact that I think dirk deserves at least one ring after being loyal to such a "almost" team for that past few years. It was unsettling to myself as I saw Jason terry making shots and me actually being pleased by it. Seeing dirk do his off balance leg in the air fade away shot and not pulling my hair out but actually cheering for him was way out the norm for me :lol

But if the lakers pull out the win in the series I won't be crying myself to sleep for the fact that Cuban is still the owner and that pesky turtle face I was cheering for last night is still my enemy at the end of the day.

Brazil
05-03-2011, 08:05 AM
FTL Go Mavs

da_suns_fan
05-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Fuck the Lakers. Go Mavs.

cobbler
05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Fuck the Lakers. Go Mavs.

Awwwwwwww, look at the cute little 0 for lifer chiming in from the off season. :toast

Texas_Ranger
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Dallas

hater
05-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Every team has an asshole and Jason Terry happens to be the mavs. Correction, every team except the Fakers has 1 asshole. The fakers have at least 4 or 5.

Go Mavs!

Leetonidas
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Dallas. I'm tired of seeing the Lakers in the Finals already, it's getting boring. :cry

I wanna see a Mavs vs. Heat rematch. I think Dallas would win in 7.

lefty
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
My choice is made

lefty
05-03-2011, 08:33 AM
1) Spurs have only faced the Mavs 4 times in the playoffs, winning 3 of those, whereas we've battled the Lakers since the early 80s and mostly suffered at their hands for close to 30 years

3 of 5

redzero
05-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Root for the Heat.

http://i52.tinypic.com/zwaia9.jpg

cheguevara
05-03-2011, 08:51 AM
pointless question. Memphis will wipe the floor with any of these 2 teams.

TampaDude
05-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Dallas. I'm tired of seeing the Lakers in the Finals already, it's getting boring. :cry

I wanna see a Mavs vs. Heat rematch. I think Dallas would win in 7.

^ this

I would have no problem with the Mavs winning it all this year, because it means the Lakers got bounced. Bring on the rematch!!! :toast

v2freak
05-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Dallas. Texas Pride!

lefty
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
^ this

I would have no problem with the Mavs winning it all this year, because it means the Lakers got bounced. Bring on the rematch!!! :toast
Jason Terry NBA Champion
Jason Terry NBA Champion
Jason Terry NBA Champion
Jason Terry NBA Champion
Jason Terry NBA Champion
Jason Terry NBA Champion

Barfunk
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Spurs fan first and foremost.... but nothing wrong with being a "state homer" afterwords.... never really saw the whole "Jason Terry is Dirty" thing tbh.... prob no more dirty or pesty than our legends Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry...

Barfunk
05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
So yea Dallas for 2011 champs... they need to get that shit out of the way already.... then all three Texas teams with at least a ring

Dex
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Ftl > ftm

lefty
05-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Ftl > ftm

lol

lefty
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Ftl > ftm
lol

crc21209
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Fuck the Lakers....that is all that needs to be said.

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 04:36 PM
fuck the lakers....that is all that needs to be said.

Fernando TD21
05-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Weird, according to a Spurs fan on lakersground, most of the people in San Antonio are rooting for the lakers:

Hi everybody--thought I would stop in to let you know what is going on in San Antonio with regards to your series against the Mavs.

Local radio hosts have posed question to listeners--now that the Spurs are out of the playoffs--who are local fans pulling for in the playoffs.

Interestingly--when your series against the Mavs come up--local fans are speaking up heavily in favor of the Lakers.

There are many reasons why so many Spurs fans living in San Antonio are rooting for LA over Dallas. But the common thread seems to be just good old fashioned respect. Even though our teams were rivals in years past, there is an underlying amount of respect that the folks here have towards the Lakers. Conversely--they go crazy--nuts--at the sight of Mav owner Mark Cuban and Jason Terry. These two guys have the biggest mouths in the entire NBA. The sports bars are going to be packed with Spurs fans yelling for the Lakers.

Another key fact: many people here still respect Kobe Bryant. They remember how well Kobe Bryant treated Manu Ginobili a few years ago when Manu made the All-Star Team. In addition--we remember how Kobe introduced Tim Duncan this year at the All-Star game as the greatest power forward who ever played the game.

We know that for many Laker fans, the game last night didn't turn out well for LA. Nonetheless--we're still pretty confident that you guys will be sending Mark Cuban back to Dallas with another losing series record.

GO LAKERS!http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=133006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

pookenstein
05-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Strange feeling rooting for the Mavs. I guess it's AbtL...

But i don't want them to win the ring. Griizlies before OKC before Bulls before C's before Heat would be my choice. Of course Memphis ain't doing it, so I hope the Thunder will win it.