PDA

View Full Version : Go Mavs

Rummpd
05-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I have bashed the Mavs in the past but they are basically with the exception of Terry seemingly a good group of players with a great coach and a true superstar in Dirk and another aging superstar in Kidd. They also since being called out in the last weeks of the season have played strong and with a renewed emphasis on defense. They also had a pretty good record vs. the top teams this year and all I can say is good luck to the Mavs and their fans and continue to challenge LAL strong, and you have the talent, if clicking on all cylinders, to beat them and also win the West and even the whole damm thing. Good luck and get one of these for Dirk: :lobt2:

Ghazi
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
but our point differential is too low!!! :cry

Ace
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol Spurs
Lol rummpd

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Stand fast in the ranks, Ace, I may need ya.

Rummpd
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
but our point differential is too low!!! :cry

fair point but conversely Mavs have always played strong teams very well this year, had some injuries, and added some depth at least, and probably, Mavs point differential sans the time Dirk injured makes up some of the predictive difference. They still have a ways to go to beat LAL but pulling for them just primarily for Dirk's* sake. Also, they have a coach not afraid to go into his bench, unlike Pop who personally cost the Spurs the Grizz series by not changing early enough or consistently bad matchups on a hot Randolph........
*He has always been a class act, has been a resilient player, and is incredibly skilled. Him getting a title would be well deserved IMO.

TampaDude
05-03-2011, 12:46 PM
If the Mavs won it all this year, I'd be okay with that. :toast

ABLA

Banzai
05-03-2011, 12:51 PM
If the Mavs won it all this year, I'd be okay with that. :toast

ABLA

If the Lakers fail to make it to the finals..I'll be rooting for the west..always have..fuck..it hurts..but I'll just hate it if Miami/Boston/Chicago wins...:bang

Rummpd
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Class acts all concerned who have responded so far - in the end, as long as a "fluke" team does not win or the games are not seemingly overly decided by calls (as I could see happening if Memphis truly threatens the "golden boys" in Thunder uniforms or if God forbid the Hawks got by the Bulls then were shafted vs. the Heat or Cs -which I could well see happening in either case - I will be satisfied with the outcome on a "lost season" for Spurs fans due to Pop's overt love of small ball). Mavs have paid their dues as a top tier team and would be a deserving champion IMO if they do somehow knock off LAL, the Memphis/Thunder winner and the East champion.

Banzai
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Class acts all concerned who have responded so far - in the end, as long as a "fluke" team does not win or the games are not seemingly overly decided by calls (as I could see happening if Memphis truly threatens the "golden boys" in Thunder uniforms or if God forbid the Hawks got by the Bulls then were shafted vs. the Heat or Cs -which I could well see happening in either case - I will be satisfied with the outcome on a "lost season" for Spurs fans due to Pop's overt love of small ball). Mavs have paid their dues as a top tier team and would be a deserving champion IMO if they do somehow knock off LAL, the Memphis/Thunder winner and the East champion.

If the Mavs make it past LA..do you see them dominating either OKC or Memphis?

da_suns_fan
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
As much as I hate Cuban it doesnt even compare to the douche-i-ness of Kobe.

At least Cuban geniunely loves his team and his players.

I was pumped in the final minute last night. I'll be rooting hard for the Mavs.

TD21-FTW
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

BTW Go Mavs Go!! Beat LA!!

NRHector
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Go Mavs :toast

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
go mavs :toast

4>0rings
05-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Go San Antonio Mavs/Grizz/Hawks Go!

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
At least Cuban geniunely loves his team and his players.

What's it got him? O & Forever.

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
go san antonio mavs/grizz/hawks go!

NRHector
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
8bend over I'll show you a big 8

LkrFan
05-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA!

Shit ain't gonna happen 4 out of 7... :wakeup

Frenzy
05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
bend over I'll show you a big 8

:lol Ziiing

stretch
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM
needs more point differential tbh

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
You should write a letter to Cuban and Carlisle, maybe the players will play harder, tbh..

BlackSwordsMan
05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Mavs Heat II. I'm telling yah

Rummpd
05-04-2011, 09:14 AM
After the Spurs/Popovich major FAIL it is hard to root for anyone else but go Mavs and a repeat with the Heat would be interesting, but could you imagine the national media's dissapointment if it was say a Hawks/Mavs or worse a Grizz/Hawks series? It truly makes me want to root for the underdogs (and any of the above are realistically still significant underdogs).

Ace
05-04-2011, 09:20 AM
After the Spurs/Popovich major FAIL it is hard to root for anyone else but go Mavs and a repeat with the Heat would be interesting, but could you imagine the national media's dissapointment if it was say a Hawks/Mavs or worse a Grizz/Hawks series? It truly makes me want to root for the underdogs (and any of the above are realistically still significant underdogs).

More like rummpd fail after all the shit you spewed all year. To think someone pays for the shit takes you give. :lol

Rummpd
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
So far so good !but a long series might still lie ahead as that LAL team is still very talented and well coached even if they are doing their best to look even worse in this series than the Spurs did vs. Memphis.

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 09:20 AM
So far so good !but a long series might still lie ahead as that LAL team is still very talented and well coached even if they are doing their best to look even worse in this series than the Spurs did vs. Memphis.

Good to have you back after 8, Doc.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Mavs Heat II. I'm telling yah

^ truth