PDA

View Full Version : Trade Options

41times
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Over a year ago i suggest the Spurs should Trade Timmy while he still had value and start to rebuild.
I got blown out for suggesting such a thing.

Now his value is average at best and low considering his huge salary.

So what do the Spurs have to trade?

Ginobli and Parker

Or do you suck it up and Keep the Big 3 and hope you hit on some major young talent.Like maybe your 3 pt bomber who hit the tying shot for game 5?

Fast death. Fast rebuild
Slow Death. Years to rebuild
or Free Agency Home Run? Contend next year.

What will happen?

cantthinkofanything
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Over a year ago i suggest the Spurs should Trade Timmy while he still had value and start to rebuild.
I got blown out for suggesting such a thing.

Now his value is average at best and low considering his huge salary.

So what do the Spurs have to trade?

Ginobli and Parker

Or do you suck it up and Keep the Big 3 and hope you hit on some major young talent.Like maybe your 3 pt bomber who hit the tying shot for game 5?

Fast death. Fast rebuild
Slow Death. Years to rebuild
or Free Agency Home Run? Contend next year.

What will happen?

100% Duncan will retire a Spur.
99% Manu will also.

Trade Parker. He has the best trade value of the three anyway.

NewcastleKEG
05-03-2011, 04:01 PM
IMO Spur fan is ready to ride out the bitter end with Duncan and even Manu. With the (foolish) assumption that they can tank one season and get another DRob/Duncan in the draft

pancakechef
05-03-2011, 04:06 PM
TP is really the only player of the BIG 3 I would trade. We may be able to get something with TP/RJ/Bonner. But being ultimate playoff floppers I dont know who would want that. TP has to be in a system, as does Bonner. RJ is done.

RJ is the Roger Dorn of the NBA

cantthinkofanything
05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
IMO Spur fan is ready to ride out the bitter end with Duncan and even Manu. With the (foolish) assumption that they can tank one season and get another DRob/Duncan in the draft

I don't think most Spur fans are really thinking about getting a lottery pick and returning to excellence.

As far as riding it out to the bitter end, Timmy helped save this franchise and won 4 titles. As far as I'm concerned, he can stay here as long as he wants, regardless of how old he gets or how bad the team is. Anyway, he's going to know when it's time to hang it up and not keep playing at the expense of the team.

yavozerb
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Says the guy who roots for the team who drafted in the lottery for 9 seasons since 1999...:lol
1999- 1st pick
2000- 4th & 7th picks
2001- 4th pick
2002- 2nd pick
2003- 7th pick
2004- 3rd pick
2005- no pick
2006- 2nd pick
2007- 9th pick
2008- 1st pick

:lmao

TJastal
05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
100% Duncan will retire a Spur.
99% Manu will also.

Trade Parker. He has the best trade value of the three anyway.

Bah.... trading Duncan may actually be the BEST option. :stirpot

I really don't see why Timmy needs to through yet another season of Pop's shenanigans... Pop's probably going to have his ginger in the starting lineup most of next year every time Tiago gets a hangnail. No doubt he's sitting at home this very minute in between watering his garden plotting excuses why Splitter can't play.

NewcastleKEG
05-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Says the guy who roots for the team who drafted in the lottery for 9 seasons since 1999...:lol
1999- 1st pick
2000- 4th & 7th picks
2001- 4th pick
2002- 2nd pick
2003- 7th pick
2004- 3rd pick
2005- no pick
2006- 2nd pick
2007- 9th pick
2008- 1st pick

:lmao
Exactly my point. Saying the Spurs hit the lottery twice (with DRob & Duncan) is an understatement

Look at recent history with Oden and Griffin getting injured

yavozerb
05-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Exactly my point. Saying the Spurs hit the lottery twice (with DRob & Duncan) is an understatement

Look at recent history with Oden and Griffin getting injured

When the spurs get another top 10 pick, history says they usually hit a home run:
1984- alvin robertson
1986- johnny dawkins
1987- d. robinson
1988- willie anderson
1989- sean elliott
1997- tim duncan

only 6 top 10 picks since 1980 (31 years), freaking crazy success by the spurs...

Duncan2177
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Bah.... trading Duncan may actually be the BEST option. :stirpot

I really don't see why Timmy needs to through yet another season of Pop's shenanigans... Pop's probably going to have his ginger in the starting lineup most of next year every time Tiago gets a hangnail. No doubt he's sitting at home this very minute in between watering his garden plotting excuses why Splitter can't play.

:pop::pctoss

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think it's feasible for a small market team in the NBA to have any chance at a title without a truly superior player and I frankly think that the only realistic way for small market teams like the Spurs to obtain those players is through the draft. Superstar free agents aren't coming to San Antonio (barring some dramatic change in the CBA).

When the end comes for the Duncan Spurs (and I agree that it appears to have arrived), I think the absolute worst thing the Spurs could try to do is remain actually competitive in the short term. I don't think the Spurs would ever trade Timmy or Manu, but when they choose to go out, I think the Spurs are best served by trading Tony Parker for whatever they can get, being pretty bad, and hoping to catch some good fortune in the lottery. Obviously, it's a risky strategy; but small market teams in this league don't become contenders by trying to stay average and build teams.

ChuckD
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM

There may be a few n00bs thinking that we can rebuild in a year, but most want to ride out Tim/Manu BECAUSE of the shit available in the draft these years. No one is in a hurry to flush a playoff team in exchange for years in rebuilding.

rascal
05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think it's feasible for a small market team in the NBA to have any chance at a title without a truly superior player and I frankly think that the only realistic way for small market teams like the Spurs to obtain those players is through the draft. Superstar free agents aren't coming to San Antonio (barring some dramatic change in the CBA).

When the end comes for the Duncan Spurs (and I agree that it appears to have arrived), I think the absolute worst thing the Spurs could try to do is remain actually competitive in the short term. I don't think the Spurs would ever trade Timmy or Manu, but when they choose to go out, I think the Spurs are best served by trading Tony Parker for whatever they can get, being pretty bad, and hoping to catch some good fortune in the lottery. Obviously, it's a risky strategy; but small market teams in this league don't become contenders by trying to stay average and build teams.

The best deal is to trade manu for a legitimate starting big.

Move Hill to starting sg with Anderson as backup sg and draft a backup pg.
Hill should not be counted on as a starting pg or even a backup pg.

Try to move Bonner and Jefferson in a trade for a sf.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Kaman for RJ (plus... McDyess?) would be utterly awesome

Don't see how Timmy opting out gives the kind of finance necessary to make a splash, we'd hardly be under by much assuming he takes a new and not miniscule salary

Nathan Explosion
05-04-2011, 07:15 PM
So far as it stands, the best player that seems to be available through a trade is Iguodala. Having said that, I'm not so sure he'd be a fit for this team. He's a younger athlete and can defend, but I don't know how'd he adapt to the Spurs system.

And even if he were a perfect player, I'm not sure the Spurs have the assets to pull off that trade. As it stands the Spurs can trade RJ and Bonner to Philly. But does Philly want those two?

We really won't know which players can be had by the Spurs until the new CBA takes effect.

MaNu4Tres
05-04-2011, 07:38 PM
So far as it stands, the best player that seems to be available through a trade is Iguodala.

You lost me after this.

outmap
05-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Nets
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3kmxxmn + exchange 1st rd pick

Clippers
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=429g5ou

Bobcats
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3k9zmrn + SAS 1st rd pick

Warriors
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3l8kdj6 + GSW 1st round pick

Pacers
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3scskdz + SAS 1st rd pick

Hornets
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=44pmrrd

Suns
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3lbkqct

Jazz
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3f866aa + SAS 1st rd pick

Trade Machine is Fun! LOL! :downspin:

Master splitter
05-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Hill,Blair,Splitter and future round picks for K-love. Also RJ and Bonner for Al Jefferson lol worked on trade machine, add a draft pick or James anderson to get the deal done.
C. Al Jefferson,Ryan Richards
Pf. K-love,Duncan,Jordan Williams
Sf. Chris singleton,Butler,Green
Sg. Manu,Neal,Anderson
Pg. Tony Parker,
Possible back up pg from one of the trades Luke Rid, or Earl boykins

Spurs da champs
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I think Kaman is soft as is Nene.

jjktkk
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I think Kaman is soft as is Nene.

I've seen Kaman only a few times and never though he was soft. And Nene plays pretty hard the times I've watched him play, so not sure how you came to your conclusion.

Spurs da champs
05-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I've seen Kaman only a few times and never though he was soft. And Nene plays pretty hard the times I've watched him play, so not sure how you came to your conclusion.

They both really can't rebound well despite their size, nuff said. They're soft.

jjktkk
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
They both really can't rebound well despite their size, nuff said. They're soft.

Either one though, would be an upgrade, playing next to Tim.

Hoops Czar
05-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Hill,Blair,Splitter and future round picks for K-love. Also RJ and Bonner for Al Jefferson lol worked on trade machine, add a draft pick or James anderson to get the deal done.
C. Al Jefferson,Ryan Richards
Pf. K-love,Duncan,Jordan Williams
Sf. Chris singleton,Butler,Green
Sg. Manu,Neal,Anderson
Pg. Tony Parker,
Possible back up pg from one of the trades Luke Rid, or Earl boykins

And then you woke up.

Spurs da champs
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Either one though, would be an upgrade, playing next to Tim.

Yes, for us 2 win though Tim has 2 be our center, he's way tooooooo fucking slow to guard today's PF's. I'd rather have Nene out of the 2 because he's got good size for a 4 & he's semi athletic, Caman is hurt way too much & he's never been above average IMO. But we need a defensive minded big which neither are.

Master splitter
05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
And then you woke up.

Lol you think. Anyways spurs can attempt the trade for love, not saying it's gonna happen. And spurs can trade Parker for al. Lol maybe one day in late summer I'll wake up and these 2 will be with the spurs.:sleep

Nathan Explosion
05-05-2011, 12:21 AM
You lost me after this.

I never said it was ideal, just that as it stands, he's probably the easiest player to acquire who has talent. No one can deny he's talented, but talent alone does not a good basketball player make. Hence my reservation about actually trying to trade for him.

twilo73
05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Share your trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3hpx9nd

Portland get the back up/spot starter they need.
OC gets a very good big man as well and cap relief (can shed $5 MM of their budget).
We get two potential starters.

elemento
05-05-2011, 10:43 AM
the only delusional part of the trade was Blair for Ibaka. OKC would never trade Ibaka for Blair, even dumping Nate.

I think Portland would consider Hill for Batum, especially after they got Wallace.

SenorSpur
05-05-2011, 10:46 AM
the only delusional part of the trade was Blair for Ibaka. OKC would never trade Ibaka for Blair, even dumping Nate.

I think Portland would consider Hill for Batum, especially after they got Wallace.

If so, I couldn't do that deal fast enough.

yavozerb
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
If I was the blazers I would definatly look in to acquiring parker if he was avaliable..TP-Mathews-Wallace-LA-camby looks pretty damn good.

twilo73
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
What about this adjusted trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3oyas8g

Duncan2177
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
This trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3cjyk7s

SpurSpurSpurs
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
What about this adjusted trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3oyas8g

So you're giving up 3 young players for 2? Pass...