PDA

View Full Version : bargain free agents this summer

SinBAD
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19668

I say we go after prince and Redd and Yao.Hopefully tim opts out and signs for 2 years that will give us 10 mil+5 mil from Dyss. Hopefully we can get rid of rj, bonner, blair.

If we play Yao 15 min a game during the season and get him read for the playoffs where he can play 30,we'll win a championship next year.
Prince is a lockdown defender.moving to the spurs will motivate him and Dyss will probably recommend it.Redd can be signed for cheap and even with 1 leg will be better than RJ

Mr Fundamental
05-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Kenyon and Prince is good. May be gamble for Redd.

Ditty
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
If redd and yao can take minimum contracts or around the LLE I'm all for it, but I think houston will give yao around MLE money, and redd might stunt the growth of both butler and anderson at the wing positions, but we can sign redd for insurance

Prince would be a good option if there is a MLE we should throw it at him or wilson chandler, but I rather try to see if you can get a deandre jordan or real unrealistice marc gasol

SenorSpur
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
The Spurs don't need more outside shooters, they need length, rebounding and interior scoring - not to mention better defenders.

BRs.Ganso
05-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Bargnani? Are u kidding me? :lol

He have skills, ok! But can't rebound and is bad defender. Nene way better for this team!

rjv
05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
d'andre jordan could be worth a shot although he has been a huge underachiever since his college station days

gospursgojas
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Any spur free agent signing under 7' will be disappointing

elemento
05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
The Clips won't let Jordan go.

You guys should forget about it.

We should work with Splitter in offseason. It's the most reasonable choice and that's what is going to happen anyway. The FO will bring a vet for the min to backup Duncan and Splitter.

But we still need a good perimeter defender.

elemento
05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
The Clips won't let Jordan go.

You guys should forget about it.

We should work with Splitter in offseason. It's the most reasonable choice and that's what is going to happen anyway. The FO will bring a vet for the min to backup Duncan and Splitter.

But we still need a good perimeter defender.

Cessation
05-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I think spurs will go with the internal growth strategy once more, as they did last year.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Yao has stated publicly he will stay with Houston if they match or nearly match the money offered him elsewhere. So there's no getting him cheap.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
The Spurs don't need more outside shooters, they need length, rebounding and interior scoring - not to mention better defenders.

Spurs Brazil
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Give the money to Prince

angelbelow
05-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I dont anticipate the team using up their MLE..

pad300
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Mcroberts would be an interesting pickup on the cheap... Which is where we will be, unless we somehow move RJ (and/or Bonner).

HankChinaski
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Honestly free agents i would curious into seeing the spurs go after with what they have available to spend. This is in no general order. Trade out for sign 'n trades for a one or two that are restricted free agents.

Pryzbilla
Mohammad
Prince
Mbah Ah Moute
Humphries
Hill

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Gambling for Yao could be fun. Frontcourt rotation of Duncan/Yao/Splitter/Blair/Richards? would make us staaaacked.

Holden_Caulfield
05-04-2011, 08:04 PM
im a big redd fan... do it rc!! hes above and beyond better than rj.

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Isn't Oden gonna be a FA this summer? Not that we could land him, but that's what they said about RJ too........

BackHome
05-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Yao career is over I would touch him with a ten foot pole........Plus if he does comeback he will be with Houston........Pass......

05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
the only way for the spurs to land a good big is to take a gamble on the injury prone. look at dallas. i'm sure many people laughed when cuban wasted his "dust chip" on acquiring chandler but who is laughing now? yao would be a good gamble, so would oden and pryzbilla. otherwise, the spurs will end up with kwame.

ezau
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I really think that it's time that we make some gambles in order to succeed. I'd love it for the Spurs to take a stab at Oden. He's 23 and I think he just got into a string of bad luck that hampered his career in the NBA.

Leetonidas
05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Michael Redd has been done for 2 years now

05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
i hope the spurs don't even think about spending money on perimeter players unless it is an absolute steal. spurs need to spend the offseason grabbing 2-3 bigs either through trades or FA signing.

Fireball
05-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Michael Redd has been done for 2 years now

This ... and Jordan is not Spurs material. Oden, Yao and Martin both are a gamble ... Prince and Nene would be nice.

Yorae
05-05-2011, 04:31 AM
I wantz a Yao.

pookenstein
05-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Gambling for Yao could be fun. Frontcourt rotation of Duncan/Yao/Splitter/Blair/Richards? would make us staaaacked.

Didn't you forget about someone?
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2810/mattbonner.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/mattbonner.jpg/)

Russo21
05-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Gee any of those guys would be sweet. Yao, Redd or Prince.

Prince a long athletic SF with a decent shot

Redd a sharpshooter who came into the NBA known for his DEFENSE! Be nice to see him concentrate on that more if he were to be a spur cause his offense would fit heaps better in our system then bloody RJ. I wished we got Redd insteadof RJ back when that trade went down.

Yao, 18 minutes a night maybe. Still would command attention and be a massive defensive presence. I doubt we could snag yao though. Geez our fan base would pick up by about 1 billion chinese folk lol opposing teams defense wouldn't know what to do if Timmy and Yao were on the court at the same time, they'd be fuucked!

KMART a free agent to.

Let's hope we get some of these good free agents for once:toast

spurtech09
05-05-2011, 06:01 PM
agree:blah

BackHome
05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't know about free agents but I would trade Tony to get a top ten draft and a player and I would pick one of the following:

Jonas Valancinuna 6"11 ...240 pds..center
Enes kanter 6"11..260pds.. Kentucky...center
Bismack Biyombo..6"9 ..240 pds.."Only if his bone scans show he is 18 years old"

I would then move up in the draft by trading Hill or Blair and getting:

Reggie Jackson..pg..6"3...208pds...Boston College Or
Tyler Honecutt...SF..6"8...200pds..UCLA

Nathan Explosion
05-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Nene and Prince would be nice. I think that Wilson Chandler (restricted I believe) Martin and Oden would be gambles that could pay off very nicely. You can get some defense, toughness and a guy in Oden that has the talent to be a very good big man as long as his body holds up.

The problem with all of those plus the other two mentioned is that NONE of them are enough to put the Spurs over the top. Face it, they need another young, athletic scorer. Hence my Iguodala suggestion. And even then, I don't feel totally good about he being the answer. Oden could be the answer (along with Splitter) alongside Duncan to help our interior defense.

Interrohater
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Dude, give Anderson a chance, he can be our young athletic scorer. Plus, Neal ain't too shabby either.

Nathan Explosion
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Dude, give Anderson a chance, he can be our young athletic scorer. Plus, Neal ain't too shabby either.

Yeah, Anderson can be the young athletic SG (personally I wonder what could have been because he had a nice start and then got injured and fell out of the rotation), but we also need a SF to score some points. I could be wrong, but Iggy is a SF isn't he?

Neal is a good backup guard who can hit some big shots, but this 3 guard lineup of Parker/Hill/Neal (2 of the 3) with Gino is too small. Anderson could help with the size so I hope he develops. But Iggy is a pretty good defender. So is Wilson Chandler, so don't think I'm thinking that Iggy is the only solution.

I wish the Spurs could work a bargain package for Ariza, seeing as how the Hornets are owned by the NBA right now. That's a guy that can D up and has championship experience. Plus he's about 6'8" and long.

ChuckD
05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know about free agents but I would trade Tony to get a top ten draft and a player and I would pick one of the following:

Jonas Valancinuna 6"11 ...240 pds..center
Enes kanter 6"11..260pds.. Kentucky...center
Bismack Biyombo..6"9 ..240 pds.."Only if his bone scans show he is 18 years old"

I would then move up in the draft by trading Hill or Blair and getting:

Reggie Jackson..pg..6"3...208pds...Boston College Or
Tyler Honecutt...SF..6"8...200pds..UCLA

Thank God you're not the Spurs GM. You don't trade a multiple All Star 28 YO PG for anything other than a proven star at another position. You certainly never trade them for a crap shoot on a top 10 pick in a shitty draft.