PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans argument: Kobe should have more/Nash's MVP award

NewcastleKEG
05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Slippery slope once you start with the ''Kobe deserved Nash's MVP'' because let's compare Kobe's lone MVP season

2007-08
Kobe: 28.3, 6.3 trb, 5.4 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, 45.9% FG
LeBron: 30.0, 7.9 trb, 7.2 assists, 1.8 steals, 1.1 blocks, 48.4% FG

James was the MVP that season. So if Kobe should get Nash's award then LeBron won 3 straight MVP's

TOTAL MVP's
Kobe: 3
LeBron: 3

That's not an argument I think Laker fan wants to take

redzero
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
James was the MVP that season.

"James"? That's a funny way to spell "Paul."

NewcastleKEG
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
"James"? That's a funny way to spell "Paul."
Thank you for your contribution Hornet fan

redzero
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Paul was second in voting, I think, so it's not like I'm being completely biased here.

Dex
05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wnjUs.gif

Giuseppe
05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
1. Make the playoffs.

2. Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

greensborohill
05-04-2011, 02:33 PM
wins

JamStone
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Team success has been proven to be tied to the award, at least in the modern era of the NBA. Kobe didn't deserve Nash's MVP precisely because of that. Kobe was better than Nash that season as an individual player. But he was not more deserving of the MVP. Same reasoning why LeBron didn't deserve the MVP over Kobe in 2008. Agree that if anyone deserved it over Kobe that year, it was Chris Paul.

Giuseppe
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Team success has been proven to be tied to the award, at least in the modern era of the NBA. Kobe didn't deserve Nash's MVP precisely because of that. Kobe was better than Nash that season as an individual player. But he was not more deserving of the MVP. Same reasoning why LeBron didn't deserve the MVP over Kobe in 2008. Agree that if anyone deserved it over Kobe that year, it was Chris Paul.

Horseshit. Votes must be cast before the playoffs begin.

Ashy Larry
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Other than the one in 2008 that Bean has, I really see no other year where he could have one with maybe 2003. Can't give an MVP award in this day and age to a player with great stats on a 42 win team

05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Chris Paul was the true MVP that season.

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Kobe: 5
Nash: 0
LBJ: 0

That is it and that is all. Keep your media derived awards. Since Colorado and no thanks to Shaq, Kobe will never get the respect he rightfully deserves from the media. But for me, as long as he keeps stacking chips, that's all that matters.

FWIW, Larry Legend even was SHOCKED that Kobe only won one MVP. Speaks volumes...

lefty
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
U mad?

http://www.bolgernow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/funny-newt-photo.gif

ambchang
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Horseshit. Votes must be cast before the playoffs begin.

Teams can have regular season success though, much like the 07 Mavs, or 11 Spurs

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Kobe: 5
Nash: 0
LBJ: 0

That is it and that is all. Keep your media derived awards. Since Colorado and no thanks to Shaq, Kobe will never get the respect he rightfully deserves from the media. But for me, as long as he keeps stacking chips, that's all that matters.

FWIW, Larry Legend even was SHOCKED that Kobe only won one MVP. Speaks volumes...

:wow:wow:wow:lmao..

Kobe's legacy has benefited from the media, more than any player in NBA history, IMO..

Obstructed_View
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
One of Nash's MVPs belongs to LBJ, and the other belongs to Shaq.

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Kobe's legacy has benefited from the media, more than any player in NBA history, IMO..

Since Colorado? Really? Now I'll readily admit that pre-Colorado, you have a point - endorsement wise. On the court, you gotta be kidding me. Please elaborate.

The media was not responsible for his 5 rings.

JamStone
05-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Considering the topic of this thread, it's interesting you make that comment. Steve Nash's legacy is cemented as one of only 12 multiple MVP winners. He's the only one who didn't at least play in the NBA Finals. Seeing how the MVP is now voted on by sports writers and broadcasters, I'd say Nash's legacy has benefited more from the media than Kobe's has.

Killakobe81
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Considering the topic of this thread, it's interesting you make that comment. Steve Nash's legacy is cemented as one of only 12 multiple MVP winners. He's the only one who didn't at least play in the NBA Finals. Seeing how the MVP is now voted on by sports writers and broadcasters, I'd say Nash's legacy has benefited more from the media than Kobe's has.

Hell yes, sure Kobe benefits from the media. and Nash benefited from D'antoni's system. Without it he was good and would be good in plenty of others, but no way he wins even 1 MVP. In fact, Nash also benefited from the media (and fans) from playing a style of basketball that was exciting and so different than the slow down 90's or even the Lakers Shaqcentric triangle ...

Many players benefit from the media and even though he is the GOAT, one could argue no one more than MJ. He could do no wrong in the eyes of many, no matter if it was punching a team-mate, gambling in AC the night before a playoff game or throwing team-mates under a bus. Similar to the shit kobe eats.

Many on here are right Kobe can not "catch" MJ ... media wouldnt allow it even if he did. (for the record I dont think he can catch MJ either) But he sure can catch him on the douchebaggery scale ... and though MJ lovers wont admit it, MJ is pretty high on the list with Kobe right there as well ...

But fuck it, I dont care as long as they can ball I dont give two shits ...only the spurs have classy all-time greats anayway ...(sic)

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM

JamStone with the goods. :tu

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 05:45 PM
One of Nash's MVPs belongs to LBJ, and the other belongs to Shaq.

Anybody but Kobe, right? :lol

Kobe in 2005-2006 season: 35.4ppg, 5.3rpb, 4.5apg, 1.8spg

This on a team featuring Kwame, Mihm, Luke, Smush, Cook, D George, Aaron McKie, Turiaf and an inconsistent ass Lamar Odom. All of this being said, they were a rebound away from knocking out the "MVP-lead" Suns team in the playoffs.

You want to explain to me why Kobe should not have been MVP that year? :lol

JamStone
05-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Pretty simply and straight forward reason why Kobe didn't win it that year.

DMC
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
The difference between Kobe's contributions and Nash's contributions is that, while Kobe was out, the team did fine. While Nash was out, they went tits up. That convinced the voters that Nash was the biggest key to the success of a successful team. Kobe was punished for having a better team basically.

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Pretty simply and straight forward reason why Kobe didn't win it that year.

Given his supporting cast? I'd say he deserves a medal for wining that many games. No way would they win more games if Kobe were substituted with any other superstar in the league.

Bynum (rookie who saw 0 playing time)
Odom (inconsistent at best)
Sasha V (you kidding me? :lol)
Walton ('nuff said)

^These are the only 4 players from that team that are even still in the league. I would argue that Walton should be gone, but I think he is somehow blackmailing PJ. Talk about turning a shit sandwich into a steak. :lol

LkrFan
05-04-2011, 06:04 PM
The difference between Kobe's contributions and Nash's contributions is that, while Kobe was out, the team did fine. While Nash was out, they went tits up. That convinced the voters that Nash was the biggest key to the success of a successful team. Kobe was punished for having a better team basically.

2004-2005 and 2005-2006 (Nash's back to back MVP years) Kobe did not have the the better team. This must be a typo.

Koolaid_Man
05-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Slippery slope once you start with the ''Kobe deserved Nash's MVP'' because let's compare Kobe's lone MVP season

2007-08
Kobe: 28.3, 6.3 trb, 5.4 assists, 1.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, 45.9% FG
LeBron: 30.0, 7.9 trb, 7.2 assists, 1.8 steals, 1.1 blocks, 48.4% FG

James was the MVP that season. So if Kobe should get Nash's award then LeBron won 3 straight MVP's

TOTAL MVP's
Kobe: 3
LeBron: 3

That's not an argument I think Laker fan wants to take

Listen the MVP award is a media kiss my ass contest...nothing more nothing less....Kobe doesn't kiss ass therefore he shouldn't even have a single one...tbh...If the players and coaches voted the award then it would be legit...The definition of the MVP should be the best, most talented, dominant, and influential player who has the most respect from his fellow peers and coaches...that's Kool's defintion of MVP...not based on records and making teammates better bullshit....and not based on the whim opinion of some bullshit ass media faggot who's never played the game hating on a nigga because his dick is bigger than theirs and he won't kiss their asses...:toast