PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green, Desean Butler, Ryan Richards

20beastie45
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Danny Green just tweeted that he's eating with Desean Butler and Ryan Richards...Young Gunz http://twitter.com/#!/DGreen_14

Wondering if they are working on there game together during the offseason!

anyone know?

:flag::flag:

cantthinkofanything
05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Danny Green just tweeted that he's eating with Desean Butler and Ryan Richards...Young Gunz http://twitter.com/#!/DGreen_14

anyone know?

Man, I don't know. That's tough.

TE
05-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Good crop of young players with some potential.

If they are out eating, I'm pretty sure they hang out enough to work on their respective games together.

SenorSpur
05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not very familiar with Butler, but I do like what I've seen out of Green.

Hope all three will continue to improve enough to where they become part of the Spurs supporting cast of young players next season.

spurs50_
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
That's pretty cool. If these guys pan out it could mean less minutes for Jefferson and bonner. One can only dream.

TE
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM
And to think.............this is the future of the Spurs.

stnick2261
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
it's wasn't long ago when Hill and Blair started hanging out as the new guys.... hope these new, new guys work out as well

angelbelow
05-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Optimistic about all 3 and hope theyre working hard.

LakerHater
05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
That's pretty cool. If these guys pan out it could mean less minutes for Jefferson and bonner. One can only dream.
As long as Coach Pop is around, Noone is taking Bonner's minutes!!

Spurologist
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
my hopes are still high on Richards.....Green's D has been admirable but I'm not sold..that goes for Butler too

ChuckD
05-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Green, Butler, Richards, and to some extent Anderson and Splitter will likely be our "draft" this year. I can't see the Spurs pulling the trigger on a second round talent at #28 in a shitty, weak draft and giving that player a minimum two year guaranteed deal. The ideal scenario would be to flip the first rounder for one next year when the draft will be phat. NY is probably looking.

jjktkk
05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not very familiar with Butler, but I do like what I've seen out of Green.

Hope all three will continue to improve enough to where they become part of the Spurs supporting cast of young players next season.

Butler's a good sf prospect. Rugged defender who played under WV's Bob Huggins, so hes use to playing hard nosed defense.

Trill Clinton
05-04-2011, 08:25 PM
What, Tiago didn't get a invite?

NewJerSpur
05-04-2011, 11:01 PM
What, Tiago didn't get a invite?

Splitter's going to be there next season (whenever it starts).....the luncheon was hopefuls that we all are looking forward to see compete for spots. Crossing my fingers the CBA gets resolved and they can re-instate Summer League and possibly only push it back if it doesn't conflict with camp at that point.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Too late for summer league.

ChuckD
05-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Splitter's going to be there next season (whenever it starts).....the luncheon was hopefuls that we all are looking forward to see compete for spots. Crossing my fingers the CBA gets resolved and they can re-instate Summer League and possibly only push it back if it doesn't conflict with camp at that point.

We won't see any basketball until after New Years Day 2012, barring some sort of NFL-like court decision to end the lockout.

SenorSpur
05-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Butler's a good sf prospect. Rugged defender who played under WV's Bob Huggins, so hes use to playing hard nosed defense.

Good to know. I remember he was highly touted until the serious injury he sustained during the tournament. Sounds like the type of player we so desparately need. Even at 50%, he'd probably still be more effective than RJ, at 100%. :lol

THanks for the info.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Good to know. I remember he was highly touted until the serious injury he sustained during the tournament. Sounds like the type of player we so desparately need. Even at 50%, he'd probably still be more effective than RJ, at 100%. :lol

THanks for the info.

LOL thats not hard to do as far as RJ goes lol.....

Nathan89
05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Haven't seen anything from any of these guys or Anderson for that matter to think they are going to make any difference on the Spurs.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2011, 01:21 AM
We need all of the young guys next year to develop, lose or win it's worth IT IMO!

Buddy Holly
05-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Haven't seen anything from any of these guys or Anderson for that matter to think they are going to make any difference on the Spurs.

Yeah, considering two have never been on an NBA floor and the other two saw very little time on the floor, there wouldn't have been much to see. However Anderson did show a lot before getting injured.

Fireball
05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
As competing for another title is hardly possible I would really like to see some young blood getting more minutes on the court for the Spurs. Just adds a little excitement !

SenorSpur
05-05-2011, 03:29 AM
As competing for another title is hardly possible I would really like to see some young blood getting more minutes on the court for the Spurs. Just adds a little excitement !

Same.

At this point, the Spurs are staring directly into the post-Duncan aftermath and rebuilding. It was bound to happen sometime. Even though Duncan will play next year, the eminent decline has already started. May as well embrace it and get a jump on things developing the youngsters on the fly. It's important to find out who can play and who can't.

NewJerSpur
05-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Same.

At this point, the Spurs are staring directly into the post-Duncan aftermath and rebuilding. It was bound to happen sometime. Even though Duncan will play next year, the eminent decline has already started. May as well embrace it and get a jump on things developing the youngsters on the fly. It's important to find out who can play and who can't.

Still a chance SS. Richards could turn out to be a Bynum-esque player in terms of his impact and a few of the other wings could add some solid depth (I'm pulling for Anderson to bounce back). Hopefully we can get something good for RJ even if it includes a package of sorts. STILL HOPE.

Bruno
05-05-2011, 03:51 AM
You had to be careful with all these young players with none to few NBA experience. Last year, the hype was on Temple, Hairston, Gee and Jerrells. None made the Spurs roster at the end.

My highest hopes are on James Anderson but, after his hamstring and foot injury, he will need to work first all summer on his conditioning. If he is in great playing shape, I think he can be a damn good player.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Temple and Jerrells are better than nobody and Chris Quinn. Hairston and Gee are better than Keith Bogans and playoff Richard Jefferson.

wildbill2u
05-05-2011, 08:55 AM

anyone know?

Probably talking about their chances of getting a life boat seat when the ship goes down.

20beastie45
05-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Ryan Richards just got on twitter....so if you want to follow..

@RE_RICH

Buddy Holly
05-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Go spurs go!

NickiRasgo
06-23-2011, 10:19 PM
How about Ryan Richards? Now the Spurs drafted David Bertans.

Spurtacus
06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
How about Ryan Richards? Now the Spurs drafted David Bertans.

Bertans is probably 2-3 years away.

NickiRasgo
06-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Bertans is probably 2-3 years away.

I see, thanks.

Mr. Body
06-24-2011, 01:01 AM
I wonder if any of the these three guys has a future with the Spurs. I'm doubtful.

SenorSpur
06-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Green was pleasantly surprising in his short stint. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself and stick.

Darkwaters
06-24-2011, 01:19 AM
We'll have a nice battle this offseason in camp for the swingman roles. Considering teams ideally carry 3 PG's, 6 swings and 6 bigs, the Spurs are loaded right now. On the wing they have:

Manu Ginobili
Richard Jefferson
James Anderson
Gary Neal
Kawhi Leonard
Da'Sean Butler
Danny Green

Chances are that one of those 7 will be gone. The big question is probably, has Butler recovered and how will a year away effect him.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Butler and Green can battle. Seven isn't terrible to carry while they still look for an RJ deal.

Darkwaters
06-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Butler and Green can battle. Seven isn't terrible to carry while they still look for an RJ deal.

Very true. But an RJ deal will probably require them to take back a player or two - probably a wing.

Unless Corey Joseph comes in and knocks their socks off they should really carry a security 3rd PG regardless. A 19 year old rookie has a high probability of having first year struggles at some point. Especially a late 1st rounder.

So if that holds true then you'd need to only carry 5 bigs in order to carry 7 wings. Possible - but I still think they carry 3/6/6 (assuming a full roster).

Jace
06-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Very true. But an RJ deal will probably require them to take back a player or two - probably a wing.

Unless Corey Joseph comes in and knocks their socks off they should really carry a security 3rd PG regardless. A 19 year old rookie has a high probability of having first year struggles at some point. Especially a late 1st rounder.

So if that holds true then you'd need to only carry 5 bigs in order to carry 7 wings. Possible - but I still think they carry 3/6/6 (assuming a full roster).

I'd rather have the 19 year old screw up and let us draft early than have another 60 win season that ends once we play a quality team. He gains experience, we lose a lot, it's a win-win

iminol
06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1377455614/image.jpg

Nice basketball sneakers.

mountainballer
06-24-2011, 09:24 AM
either Leonard and Joseph will take a roster spot.
9 players from the old roster will be back (assuming Dice retires, otherwise it would be 10).
that's already 11.
Spurs will likely sign a vet. PG and likely a FA big to replace Dice.
not much room left for players like Green, Butler and little chance Richards will be brought in. (I think first chance will be 2012).
IMO we will see none of the 3 on the regular 2011-12 roster. (unless there are big changes like a TP trade)