PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and Dirk: Mutual Respect

monosylab1k
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
two interesting articles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=DirkKobe-110504

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=kobedirk-110504

lefty
05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
So fucking nice :cry

GoodOdor
05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
It's interesting that someone with the character of Kobe has repeatedly given Duncan props(and now Dirk)....hell, he even insisted that bowen was a great defender and not a dirty player....perhaps despite all of his flaws, he recognizes the same greatness/desire to win in them that exists in him.

lefty
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
It's interesting that someone with the character of Kobe has repeatedly given Duncan props(and now Dirk)....hell, he even insisted that bowen was a great defender and not a dirty player....perhaps despite all of his flaws, he recognizes the same greatness/desire to win in them that exists in him.

True true

Koolaid_Man
05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
two interesting articles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=DirkKobe-110504

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=kobedirk-110504

I didn't read the bullshit articles but you best beleive that if Kobe says anything good about an opposing player it's merely lip service....( no pun) :lol

Isitjustme?
05-04-2011, 06:51 PM

+∞

I'll admit I hate Kobe, but him being one of the only guys to defend Bowen made me begrudgingly respect him.

Axe Murderer
05-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Kobe's extrememly humble for a guy with such perceived arrogance on the court.

He's always respectful in interviews and never fails to give others props.

Booharv
05-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Kobe's extrememly humble for a guy with such perceived arrogance on the court.

He's always respectful in interviews and never fails to give others props.

I think a lot of people who hate him just perceive that as A-Rod type phoniness e.g. safe, PC athlete speak.

As for Dirk, det one time the princess said he was the nicest/coolest athlete she came across out of the hundreds she dealt with resonated with me tbh.

Axe Murderer
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I think a lot of people who hate him just perceive that as A-Rod type phoniness e.g. safe, PC athlete speak.

I'm sure it is, but it's still the right thing to do.

:cry :cry kobe=class :cry :cry

JayTheClown
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM

As for Dirk, det one time the princess said he was the nicest/coolest athlete she came across out of the hundreds she dealt with resonated with me tbh.

What the fuck?:huh

Booharv
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Kori Ellis has/had(?) a press credential so she gets to go into locker rooms. She said Dirk was the coolest/friendliest athlete she ever dealt with.

JoeTait75
05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm sure it is, but it's still the right thing to do.

:cry :cry kobe=class :cry :cry

I think it's just Kobe being alpha. To bitch about other guys, the way they defend him, the way they play, would be weak and insecure.

Red Hawk #21
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
These two would have been dynamic as teammates.

Cane
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Has Kobe ever called another player dirty? Imo he respects his opponents and whatever it takes to win or be competitive. He's also pretty good at that stuff himself.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Shitty articles IMO..

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Kobe and Dirk both have my respect.

But they don the uniforms of two of my most hated teams. It's a catch-22.

Killakobe81
05-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Kobe actually has been MUCH better about giving props as he matured. he always respected the older players ...but the praise he heaps on Manu, Dirk, wade, Lebron, Dwill, Howard and Paul is good to hear. He is STILL an asshole ...BUT He is not a hater and it shows how much he loves ball.
Kobe will probably never be my favorite Laker (Magic all day) but to see him mature as a player, even as he loses a step here and there... has been very rewarding to see as a fan.

Killakobe81
05-04-2011, 08:46 PM
And Dirk is a bad ass scorer. I would of taken dirk over Pau even though Pau's post-game has been key to the run the past 3 seasons. Dirk is THAT good. The MVP was his and Rose's the early part of the year ...TBH.

Koolaid_Man
05-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Kobe and Dirk both have my respect.

But they don the uniforms of two of my most hated teams. It's a catch-22.

and I just love Timmy....:lol

Greg Oden
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
These two would have been dynamic as teammates.

could've fuckin happened :lol

lefty
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Kobe actually has been MUCH better about giving props as he matured

Kobe propERIOD

Killakobe81
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I think Kobe/Duncan would be the only combo that might of been even deadlier than Kobe shaq. Kobe/Dirk is probably a notch below Kobe/Shaq but maybe just ahead of Kobe Pau ...tough to say because Pau let Kobe score more ...Dirk needs to score a lot too to be highly effective. But heck I would of paid to see that.

Greg Oden
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
If Kobe went to Dallas he would've fit perfectly.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2011, 11:00 PM
So much class to throw around between the two players :cry

Sean Cagney
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM

This is 100% truth....

JoeTait75
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
If Kobe went to Dallas he would've fit perfectly.

I always thought Michael Jordan would have looked great in a Cavs uniform.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Kori Ellis has/had(?) a press credential so she gets to go into locker rooms. She said Dirk was the coolest/friendliest athlete she ever dealt with.

I saw Dirk on PUnked, he was cool the whole time! Dude is just a real dude! He is friendly as hell I am sure of it and a great player too. Why can anyone hate that dude?