PDA

View Full Version : The "Celebrities" Have Spoken

Guru of Nothing
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Survey Says (http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/basketball/article/0,1406,KNS_629_3840327,00.html)

Celebrities pick Spurs over Pistons
By DAVID NIELSEN
June 7, 2005

The celebrities have spoken. If they're right, the Larry O'Brien NBA Championship Trophy will soon be on a 1,500-mile journey to San Antonio.
Eleven of the 20 celebrities contacted for the Scripps Howard Celebrity NBA Finals Poll predict that the San Antonio Spurs will knock off the defending champion, Detroit Pistons.

But Pistons fans shouldn't fret too much. Last year, only 25 percent of the celebrities picked Detroit to upset the heavily favored Los Angeles Lakers.

No celebrities this year predicted a sweep. In fact, only two celebrities predicted the series would conclude in less than six games.

The NBA Finals begin at 9 p.m. EDT Thursday in San Antonio.

The results of the Scripps Howard Celebrity NBA Finals Poll:

GOV. JEB BUSH, R-Fla.: Pistons in six, now that they have beaten our beloved Heat.

KERRY WOOD, Chicago Cubs pitcher and Phoenix Suns season ticket holder: San Antonio in six, because I didn't think anyone could beat the Suns.

JULIUS ERVING, NBA legend: I'm picking the Spurs. It looks like with the quality of the Spurs and the Pistons it's going to be a long series and I think the Spurs are going to prevail.

LEROY NEIMAN, artist: The Pistons should win if they have anything left after stopping Shaq. It seems a tradition is being formed where NBA playoffs and Finals go the full seven games. The last one is the game that counts!

AL FRANKEN, radio talk show host: Pistons in seven because of (Richard) Hamilton.

DR. JOYCE BROTHERS, psychologist: I think the Pistons would have it. If you can get past Shaq O'Neal, you're pretty good.

DICK VITALE, TV basketball broadcaster: I think it's going to be a real donnybrook. The solid San Antonio Spurs behind one of the premier players in the game who gets very little national attention, Tim Duncan, will march on and beat the defending champs in six.

KEITH OLBERMANN, TV host, MSNBC: Spurs in seven because Tim Duncan introduced himself to me at the ESPY Awards years ago, called me 'Mr. Olbermann,' and said meeting me would be the talk in class the next day. Meaning he went to class.

BRIAN KILMEADE, TV co-anchor, "Fox and Friends": The Spurs will win in six games. They are the better team and are well rested. There is trouble on the sidelines with the soon-to-be exit of Detroit head coach Larry Brown.

SEN. JOHN CORNYN, R-Texas: I think the Spurs will win in six games, rather than just four, because after all they are playing against the defending champs who are quite tough competition. But, the Spurs are a class act and proven winners, and they will prevail.

SEN. CARL LEVIN, D-Mich.: It will be the Pistons in six. They're a balanced team that plays like a team.

TONY SIRICO, actor, "The Sopranos": San Antonio in six because they're smarter and bigger.

WILLIAM SANDERSON, actor, "Deadwood": San Antonio Spurs, if Tim Duncan plays all seven games, and I think the series will go seven games.

DONNIE WAHLBERG, actor: Detroit in six.

ALISON SWEENEY, actress, "Days of Our Lives": This is going to be a tough, well-matched series. I think it'll be Detroit in seven.

HALEY JOEL OSMENT, actor, he has picked the last six Super Bowl winners: San Antonio in six. When the Lakers were in their hey day, San Antonio was beating them.

LINDSAY TARPLEY, women's national team soccer player: Pistons in five. They just have that championship mentality. They're a team that always comes together to make the big plays to win the big games. Everybody steps up.

TED GIANNOULAS, San Diego Chicken: Spurs in seven games in a wild and tight series. Look for The Finals to be decided by just a single bucket - of basketball, that is, not chicken.

RICHARD SCHIFF, actor: Pistons in seven. I'd like to see them prove that they weren't a fluke. And old fashioned Eastern-style defense will always win out!

SHEILA KELLEY, actress: San Antonio in five games because I really like Texas!

(E-mail David Nielsen at nielsend(at)shns.com. Distributed by Scripps Howard News Service, http://www.shns.com)

E20
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I've never heard of these people except Dr.J.

Xolotl
06-08-2005, 05:25 PM
HALEY JOEL OSMENT, actor, he has picked the last six Super Bowl winners: San Antonio in six. When the Lakers were in their hey day, San Antonio was beating them.

Apparently he doesn't see only dead people. He's like Miss Cleo, except white, and without the accent, or the dreads, or the arrest record........but yeah he's like Miss Cleo

combs84
06-08-2005, 05:26 PM
When did senators become celebrites?

Jimcs50
06-08-2005, 05:26 PM
TONY SIRICO, actor, "The Sopranos": San Antonio in six because they're smarter and bigger

Spurs are a lock now, the mafia says so.

:)

Shelly
06-08-2005, 05:28 PM
ah...but the only prediction that matters is NostraJIMus.

Spurminator
06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
if Tim Duncan plays all seven games, and I think the series will go seven games.

:lol

combs84
06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
LINDSAY TARPLEY, women's national team soccer player: Pistons in five. They just have that championship mentality. They're a team that always comes together to make the big plays to win the big games. Everybody steps up.

She is actually from Michigan..and friends with somebody I know..I wonder why she picked us..

Gatita
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
ALISON SWEENEY, actress, "Days of Our Lives": This is going to be a tough, well-matched series. I think it'll be Detroit in seven.

This woman should concentrate on becoming a better actress. Soaps blow!

E20
06-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Alison Sweeny I know her! She is Sami Brady from Days of Our Lives!!! I love that show.

Gatita
06-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Alison Sweeny I know her! She is Sami Brady from Days of Our Lives!!! I love that show.

And Timvp said you would be our future. Where is the rainbow colored flag? :lol

E20
06-08-2005, 05:51 PM
I hated the show because my Mom and Sister always watched this show at 7 PM including during Spurs games aswell and I got really pissed but, after awhile when I was forced to watch this it became..........interesting. :oops

IX_Equilibrium
06-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Celebrities suck ass.

I don't know why people care about their opinion on anything.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, the 2 athletes, the 2 sportscasters (one a former sportscaster) and the San Diego Chicken all pick the Spurs.

Willinsa
06-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I think with the chicken picking us that will win it for us.

theMUHMEshow
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
WTF!!! That was a wasted post 99% of those people are garbage. Why dont you ask. Eva longoria, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Tommie Herns, Anita Baker, Michael Douglas, Spike Lee or someone else of relivance?

SpursWoman
06-08-2005, 09:29 PM
WTF!!! That was a wasted post 99% of those people are garbage. Why dont you ask. Eva longoria, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Tommie Herns, Anita Baker, Michael Douglas, Spike Lee or someone else of relivance?

Yes, basketball gurus...the lot of them. :lol :lol

Gatita
06-08-2005, 09:29 PM

And the whinning continues......

combs84
06-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, the 2 athletes, the 2 sportscasters (one a former sportscaster) and the San Diego Chicken all pick the Spurs.

Tarpley is an athlete. A Gold medalist at that.

Sense
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Tarpley is an athlete. A Gold medalist at that.

What's your point?

JoeChalupa
06-08-2005, 10:20 PM
The Doctor knows his basketball.

efrem1
06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
How about these celebrities:

Harpo Marx--honk, honk, honk,spurs in six, honk, honk.

Groucho Marx--You bet your life, I go with the Spurs in Six. Do you mind if I tango with Eva, Tony?

Chico Marx--Detroit isa no good. Take the Spurs in Six.

dcole50
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Spurs are a lock now, the mafia says so.

:)
http://www.nndb.com/people/698/000026620/sigler06.jpg

combs84
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
What's your point?

My point was that somebody that the 2 athletes picked the Spurs. Tarpley=Athlete=Picked Pistons.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
My point was that somebody that the 2 athletes picked the Spurs. Tarpley=Athlete=Picked Pistons.

We get it, you're insecure.

Now you're just trying to hard to showcase.