View Full Version : Mavericks 93, Lakers 81

SpursDynasty
05-05-2011, 12:30 AM
As I stated in the last thread after Game 1, the Mavericks just went out against a team they were supposed to beat, made the shots they were supposed to make, and did what they were supposed to do against the underdog Lakers. The Mavericks are the favorites in this series and if they don't screw up, they could sweep the Lakers and get some time to rest before playing OKC in the Western Conference Finals. No big surprises here tonight. No trash talking. Nothing personal against the Lakers. They're just not that good.

Once you look past Kobe, it's a mostly second-string level roster for the Lakers. Artest had a typical 40% night with 4-of-10 from the floor. And two unnecessary frustration fouls from the NBA's so-called Citizenship award winner. Gasol with a mediocre 5-of-12, but Gasol is mediocre so that's to be expected. Bynum had 8-for-11, and you know you're in trouble when Andrew Bynum is the player with the best night from the field.

Again, no big surprises here tonight. No trash talking. There shouldn't be any celebrating by Mavs fans. Dallas didn't do anything big or special. They just beat a team they were supposed to beat. I think OKC vs. Dallas will be an entertaining WCF.

da_suns_fan
05-05-2011, 12:32 AM
What happened to "thought they could shoot some shots"?

Banzai
05-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Forgot to copy and paste

frodo
05-05-2011, 12:38 AM
as much as i hate the lakers i have to sympathize em on these 2 Ls tbh. nig just be unlucky to lose game 1, blowing away dat 16-pt lead. dallas won game 2 comfortably but it was pretty much an even match throughout the first 3 quarters imho. Mavs are 2-0 but the series's still far from done tbh. 0-2 ain't irreversible deficit imho, lakers will get fine and win this series in the end imho. Lakers in 6

DJ Mbenga
05-05-2011, 12:40 AM
you should have said the lakers missed the shots they miss and used the stat they missed 22 3's in a row

Jelloisjigglin
05-05-2011, 12:40 AM
as much as i hate the lakers i have to sympathize em on these 2 Ls tbh. nig just be unlucky to lose game 1, blowing away dat 16-pt lead. dallas won game 2 comfortably but it was pretty much an even match throughout the first 3 quarters imho. Mavs are 2-0 but the series's still far from done tbh. 0-2 ain't irreversible deficit imho, lakers will get fine and win this series in the end imho. Lakers in 6

I'd like to believe this but we don't have a bench. Literally no fucking bench. No one besides Odom that can contribute.

Budkin
05-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I think Dirk was just shooting some shots that were supposed to go in as well.