PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant: "If you want to make history you have to do historic things."

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Let's follow our emperor Laker fans and exude the confidence he shows on a win, lose, or draw basis, after all this type of confidence is why we're the Lakers. I promise Kool and Kobe won't disappoint you. This is what we do...

Let me say it again for those of you worried, real playas maintain composure at ease though life is complicated only what you make it to be...

"If you want to make history," he said, "you have to do historic things." - Kobe Bryant :toast

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 08:31 AM
We'd have to have an act of God:::an injury to Dirk, or, an injury to Dirk & an epiphany by both Gasol & Odom.

Frankly we do not have the mental & spiritual wherewithal to compete at this level of competition. It's not an excuse. It's a reason & an evident reality.

ChrisRichards
05-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Let's follow our emperor Laker fans and exude the confidence he shows on a win, lose, or draw basis, after all this type of confidence is why we're the Lakers. I promise Kool and Kobe won't disappoint you. This is what we do...

Let me say it again for those of you worried, real playas maintain composure at ease though life is complicated only what you make it to be...

"If you want to make history," he said, "you have to do historic things." - Kobe Bryant :toast

Kobe Bryant is setting himself up for some epic failure. This series is over, the Lakers were not primed to win this year or any season after this really. They had multiple 4 game losing streaks, they lost to some really bad teams and they have a losing record against some really good ones too. The Lakers have no happy medium this year, they were wildly inconsistent and Gasol IMO looks gassed out there. Did see that really dark bags under his eyes? Seriously, his head is just not in the game.

I think Kobe has the will, I'll give him that, that has been his biggest strength but physically he can'tcarry the Lakers for a whole quarter anymore. He's even missing wide open lay-ups lol.

If you're a Laker fan, you can't really get mad at your team. 3 straight Finals appearances with 2 NBA titles is a huge success, but the way they went down in this series is going to be embarassing. Blowing a 16 point lead on Gm 1 and allowing Juan Miguel Rodriguez to dominate your interior and exterior is laughable.

But do not worry Laker fans. The Heat got this one this year. We'll blow out the Mavs in 6 excruciating games in the Finals. I'd rather have the Heat beat the defending champions to shut these Kobe fanbois for good but it is what it is.

ChrisRichards
05-05-2011, 08:34 AM
We'd have to have an act of God:::an injury to Dirk, or, an injury to Dirk & an epiphany by both Gasol & Odom.

Frankly we do not have the mental & spiritual wherewithal to compete at this level of competition. It's not an excuse. It's a reason & an evident reality.
Culby with some honest to goodness goods. Per Usual.

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Cul my man...Come to my church - Koolaids Kingdom - after the next game and just watch the miracle of my healing powers...:lol

I got the name Kool for a reason...:toast

Ashy Larry
05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
We'll see .... as of right now, you can't do historic things when Dirk has played him evenly in this series .......

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Kobe Bryant is setting himself up for some epic failure. This series is over, the Lakers were not primed to win this year or any season after this really. They had multiple 4 game losing streaks, they lost to some really bad teams and they have a losing record against some really good ones too. The Lakers have no happy medium this year, they were wildly inconsistent and Gasol IMO looks gassed out there. Did see that really dark bags under his eyes? Seriously, his head is just not in the game.

I think Kobe has the will, I'll give him that, that has been his biggest strength but physically he can'tcarry the Lakers for a whole quarter anymore. He's even missing wide open lay-ups lol.

If you're a Laker fan, you can't really get mad at your team. 3 straight Finals appearances with 2 NBA titles is a huge success, but the way they went down in this series is going to be embarassing. Blowing a 16 point lead on Gm 1 and allowing Juan Miguel Rodriguez to dominate your interior and exterior is laughable.

But do not worry Laker fans. The Heat got this one this year. We'll blow out the Mavs in 6 excruciating games in the Finals. I'd rather have the Heat beat the defending champions to shut these Kobe fanbois for good but it is what it is.

If anyone's earned the right to talk shit it's Laker fan...you can never silence us...Both stars on Miami are looking up at Kobe and will be for the foreseeable future.

Like I mentioned previously CR - you are hilariously insane...Prior to the season starting you didn't know if you'd remain a Cavs fan, become a Knick fan, or be cheering for the Bulls...you found out last minute that you'd be a Heat fan.:lmao You're the ultimate ball hopper...:toast

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM

If you're a Laker fan, you can't really get mad at your team. 3 straight Finals appearances with 2 NBA titles is a huge success, but the way they went down is series is embarassing. Blowing a 16 point lead on Gm 1 and allowing Juan Miguel Rodriguez to dominate your interior and exterior is laughable.

As I stated from the start of the playoffs:::we'd need Gasol to surface, pull his full weight and take on some of Kobe's as well. Just the opposite happened:::his numbers fell precipitously. His game followed suit. It was a foregone conclusion then that he would not be able to help carry Kobe's end of the log. A double hit.

It's never pretty when the end draws near. Losing is always worse than winning is good. I can barely recall '09 in Florida, but, I remember every detail in Boston '84.

jag
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I got the name Kool for a reason...:toast

Because you named yourself after a ghetto, powdered children's drink mix?

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:44 AM
We'll see .... as of right now, you can't do historic things when Dirk has played him evenly in this series .......

We play much better on the road anyway...But my expectation is that we'll play like we did in Game 6 of last yrs finals...we'll get er done...

We'll live like Kings or we'll die like fucking men...at least Kobe will anyway...:lol

ChrisRichards
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Kool, I'm a Wade kinda guy :lol Always supported the Heat but I did drank some of that Lebron kool aid to yank your chain.

ChrisRichards
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
As I stated from the start of the playoffs:::we'd need Gasol to surface, pull his full weight and take on some of Kobe's as well. Just the opposite happened:::his numbers fell precipitously. His game followed suit. It was a foregone conclusion then that he would not be able to help carry Kobe's end of the log. A double hit.

It's never pretty when the end draws near. Losing is always worse than winning is good. I can barely recall '09 in Florida, but, I remember every detail in Boston '84.
True, true, true.

If the Lakers lose this year, do you guys trade Gasol next season?

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Kool, I'm a Wade kinda guy :lol Always supported the Heat but I did drank some of that Lebron kool aid to yank your chain.

:lmao You must be out of your rabbid ass mind to spit some shit like this and expect me to fall for it....Whateva faggot you was no Wade fan....you hopped on Wade's balls this season...You been flirting with Lebronze's balls for quite some time though...like I said you're hilariously insane....:lol

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 08:50 AM
True, true, true.

If the Lakers lose this year, do you guys trade Gasol next season?

I would.

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I would.

unless you want a bag of chips who do you trade for...I say wait till Deron and Dwight are free and Get rid of Bynum and Gasol and go more traditional good point and center...and Kobe will still be Kobe...and after the next two games still legendary as ever...

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 08:55 AM
unless you want a bag of chips who do you trade for...I say wait till Deron and Dwight are free and Get rid of Bynum and Gasol and go more traditional good point and center...and Kobe will still be Kobe...and after the next two games still legendary as ever...

Kobe's biological clock is running on empty. He can't. He won't wait another year.

Koolaid_Man
05-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Kobe's biological clock is running on empty. He can't. He won't wait another year.

He'll be fine...especially if there's a lockout....Kobe relishes the art of reinvention if you will....for me it will literally be till the engine goes caput...right now he's still putting up good numbers...what you're witnessing is a supporting cast performing subpar...like Kobe said don't put this on him...He's has the most mileage out there and he's still performing the best...tbh

Cry Havoc
05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
This thread is the truth. Getting swept by the motherf'in Mavs, the least clutch team in the league over the past decade, would be a pretty damn historic thing to do.

lefty
05-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Well, the last time the Lakers lost the first 2 games @home, it was in 1977, and they got swept

Yep, looks like they are gonna make history again

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 09:17 AM
This thread is the truth. Getting swept by the motherf'in Mavs, the least clutch team in the league over the past decade, would be a pretty damn historic thing to do.

8 was mighty historic as well.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Well, the last time the Lakers lost the first 2 games @home, it was in 1977, and they got swept

Yep, looks like they are gonna make history again

The word is about, there's something evolving
Whatever may come, the world keeps revolving
They say the next big thing is here
That the revolution's near
But to me it seems quite clear
That it's all just a little bit of Lakers not threepeating
The newspapers shout a new style is growing
But it don't know if it's coming or going
There is fashion, there is fad
Some is good, some is bad
And the joke is rather sad
That its all just a little bit of Lakers not threepeating

Budkin
05-05-2011, 10:39 AM
:lol Kobe is no Plato.

"If you want to make pancakes, you have to mix and then cook pancake mix."

DMC
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM

Don't piss on hope. It's all that keeps some people going. At least you see the underlying, fundamental issues and base your outlook on that. Others just see the colors and team name and stick a "win or bust" sticker on it and let it ride.

ChrisRichards
05-05-2011, 10:49 AM
unless you want a bag of chips who do you trade for...
Gasol for Brook Lopez, Vujacic & Jordan Farmar and involve a third team (You get Farmar & Vujacic back and they're bringing a future AS, why not?)
Gasol for Bargnani, Amir Johnson & De Rozan (Cheaper Gasol, up and coming PF and Kobe's replacement)
Gasol for JJ Hickson & Jamison (Vet and a wave of a future big man)
Gasol & Artest for Javale McGee & Rashard Lewis (After going 1/16 last night, its obvious the Lakers need some shooters to stretch that defense out.You also get a dumb verison of Tyson Chandler)
Gasol & Artest for Biedrins and Monta Ellis (Kobe's # 1 fan goes to LA with a rebounding Machine in Biedrins. Bynum Explodes to a 20 and 10 player because of all the touches he'll get after Gasol's departure)

:lmao You must be out of your rabbid ass mind to spit some shit like this and expect me to fall for it....Whateva faggot you was no Wade fan....you hopped on Wade's balls this season...You been flirting with Lebronze's balls for quite some time though...like I said you're hilariously insane....:lol
You's a crazy fool. I aint no Lebron fan. That's Harlem. I always said Wade is boss.

Anyway, I'm quite happy the Lakers are getting bukkake'd by someone who could be mowing Kobe's lawn right now, that's terrible :lol.

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't piss on hope. It's all that keeps some people going. At least you see the underlying, fundamental issues and base your outlook on that. Others just see the colors and team name and stick a "win or bust" sticker on it and let it ride.

I ain't "Others."

It's my religion.

DMX7
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM
They are going to make history by getting swept despite being 2x defending champs.

Greg Oden
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
you know you're in a hole when you're being mentally and physically outmatched by the Dallas Mavericks :lmao

daspurs
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
you know you're in a hole when you're being mentally and physically outmatched by the Dallas Mavericks :lmao

:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Kobe just stating the obvious, nothing amazing. In fact, quite tautological and redundant.

lefty
05-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Hitoric bump

dunkman
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
It was the first sweep for Phil Jax . . . it's a shame that such a great coach has to retire that way, but well he trash talked second to none.

Danny.Zhu
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
:lol

spurs10
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Today was quite historical. Is it the most epic meltdown by a defending champion in the history of basketball?

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Today was quite historical. Is it the most epic meltdown by a defending champion in the history of basketball?

He isn't referring to 8.

NRHector
05-08-2011, 09:59 PM
He isn't referring to 8.nah Epic Skunker is more historic like 122-86

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
nah Epic Skunker is more historic like 122-86

Like 8.

ElNono
05-08-2011, 10:01 PM
http://bestbroom.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Fire-Fighting-Broom.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3389709116_1e23d41316.jpg

ChumpDumper
05-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Like 8.Nah, the sweep of the Lakers will be quite a bit more infamous.

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 10:03 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3389709116_1e23d41316.jpg

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 10:04 PM
nah, the sweep of the lakers will be quite a bit more infamous.

ChumpDumper
8.Even now, no one knows what you're talking about.

DPG21920
Reported to Kori for violation of her rules.

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 10:05 PM
lmcontrollinao!

ElNono
05-08-2011, 10:05 PM
8 already done better than the Skunker...

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 10:06 PM
8 already done better than the Skunker...

Let us proceed...

The Skunker!!!

Kool Bob Love
06-14-2014, 01:07 AM
:lmao