PDA

View Full Version : Most Open Title Grab in Memory both West and East

spursfaninla
05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
After the Lakers lost the first game at home to Dallas, I thought, well, they will have their hands full but should still beat Dallas in 6, probably 7 now.

Having lost game 2 at home, the Lakers are pretty much toast. With the Spurs and the Lakers down, and with the Durant's down 1-1 at home, you have to think the Western playoffs are an underdog better's dream.

At this point, to anyone who has not considered it, the West is completely open. I could easily imagine any of Dallas, the Grizz, or Ok going to the finals. Grizz would be historic as this year was their first playoff series (and I think playoff game, or just playoff away game) won. Can't really see the Lakers now, although it is in theory possible.

Actually, the Dominant teams in the East recently have been Orlando and Boston; one is already gone, and the other looks beaten down 0-2.

Now, Chicago may still pull out their 1-1 series, but Miami looks too strong right now.

Looks like Miami in the East. Anybody in the West. I doubt any of those West teams beats Miami.

Miami is primed for multiple titles after all; I don't know how they are going to feel about needing to ship off Bosh for a real post player, but with that they are golden. Bosh for Dwight?

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I can live with Miami ruling the roost. They already rang once.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Nobody is getting by the Heat.

davethedope
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I definitely see Dallas beating the Heat.

davethedope
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Dallas is the only team out of the remaining 4 in the West who can beat the Heat.
And the Heat is the only team in East that can win the Championship.

stretch
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Dallas will beat Miami in 5 in the finals. Book it!

The biggest reason why, is because Miami still cannot close games the way Dallas can. They have no answer for Dirk, while the Mavs would force Wade and Bron to beat them with long jumpers, which usually is not going to go in Miami's favor.

Dallas has the players to hang with Miami's starting lineup, but has way better of a bench, much more interior presence, and Miami has far less answers for Dirk than the Mavs have answers for Bron/Wade. And when they start seeing that zone that Dallas plays so well, its going to really fuck Miami up.

Axe Murderer
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM

The biggest reason why, is because Miami still cannot close games the way Dallas can. They have no answer for Dirk, while the Mavs would force Wade and Bron to beat them with long jumpers, which usually is not going to go in Miami's favor.

Dallas has the players to hang with Miami's starting lineup, but has way better of a bench, much more interior presence, and Miami has far less answers for Dirk than the Mavs have answers for Bron/Wade. And when they start seeing that zone that Dallas plays so well, its going to really fuck Miami up.

+1

I would like our chances vs Miami. We swept them this year, and if we make it to the Finals, we would actually have Butler back by then

davethedope
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM

It's going to be quite a rude awakening for the Miami hype machine.
Miami is praying for anyone except the Mavs to come out of the West.

ffadicted
05-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd go with Dallas in the finals against Miami, but I think OKC is gonna take the west and lose to the Heat

davethedope
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I'd go with Dallas in the finals against Miami, but I think OKC is gonna take the west and lose to the Heat

OKC is in for a fight no matter who they face. I think Durant is ready
but Westbrook isn't and he's what's going to stop their run for a ring. They
need to worry about Memphis for now.

stretch
05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
honestly, I think Miami can and would beat anyone in the playoffs right now, except the Mavs. they just seem to present an unusual matchup problem for them. The Lakers SHOULD be able to beat the Heat, but I think Kobe would turn into chucker mode, and that would really hurt them.

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
honestly, I think Miami can and would beat anyone in the playoffs right now

Fixed

I would add they can beat anyone easily if their defense still being so great.

Lukor
05-05-2011, 01:08 PM

OKC has to get past Memphis first lol.

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 01:15 PM
It's going to be quite a rude awakening for the Miami hype machine.
Miami is praying for anyone except the Mavs to come out of the West.

I don't think so. Even I would say they prefer to face Dallas over Lakers or OKC.I'm sure.

Boston was the biggest nightmare to Miami.They are 2-0 but it's not over.

I don't know why to overrated Dallas after 2 games.Lakers lost at home with New Orleans too. Pau was garbage in the first round too.It's not only Dallas.Lakers aren't the same team.

And I wouldn't say it's over.If Pau wakes up we'll see what happens.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Something about a Dallas/Miami finals really frustrates me. Please it be Chicago or Boston in there.

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Something about a Dallas/Miami finals really frustrates me.

Why? Seriously. I'd be keen to know.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Why? Seriously. I'd be keen to know.

Once I reflect it and find an answer, I'll let you know.

Budkin
05-05-2011, 01:30 PM
It would be fitting for the Mavs to get revenge on the Heat after getting LeBron.

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Once I reflect it and find an answer, I'll let you know.

:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Very premature. But I believe the reason why is because LeBron still comes off as a goddamn cocksucker to me. Chicago has been a great story and this could be Boston's last chance at success, so I feel they're more deserving of that spot. I'm rooting for Dallas in the West though. Not because of their current advantage, but I've always respected the Mavs. Of course 2006 bothered me, but nonetheless I thought it was a great series. Despite antics from Terry and sometimes Cuban, my respect for Dirk and 50 Tyson go above all.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
If you're lost about the cocksucker reference, please go here:

http://deadspin.com/#!5581889/lebron-james-is-a-cocksucker.

baseline bum
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, the West was wide open as hell when this playoffs started. LA and Denver were separated by about 3 games from January 1st, with the other 5 west playoff teams not named the Hornets sandwiched in between. The only first round series you could say was really likely to go one way was LA/NO.

daspurs
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Wade will simply butt fuck the mavericks. Lebron will too. Those games in the season were close. Miami is a 100x better team now, plus they have the dirk stopper .. Udonis "Goon" Haslem

stretch
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
i am a fat beaner and love lard burritos

SourCandy
05-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd like to believe miami can come out the east like most of you are saying. But i'd still say the bulls. I'm hard headed :lol

z0sa
05-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Many of us predicted this would be one of the best playoffs ever. It hasn't disappointed thus far (discounting your favorite team losing disappointment, of course).

I also predicted DAL/LA would be an amazing series. Let's hope it's better than the Lakers imploding and folding.

baseline bum
05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Many of us predicted this would be one of the best playoffs ever. It hasn't disappointed thus far (discounting your favorite team losing disappointment, of course).

I also predicted DAL/LA would be an amazing series. Let's hope it's better than the Lakers imploding and folding.

How could it possibly be better than that?

Axe Murderer
05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Wade will simply butt fuck the mavericks. Lebron will too. Those games in the season were close. Miami is a 100x better team now, plus they have the dirk stopper .. Udonis "Goon" Haslem

Lakers in 4

Lakers= lock for wcf

mhmm lets see who the lakers play in the wcf

The lakers are gonna massacre these fucks

oh boy! a phong is ringing!

z0sa
05-05-2011, 02:28 PM
How could it possibly be better than that?

:lol touche.

Red Hawk #21
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Some of the posts in this thread are premature tbh.

Ace
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Scrojangles I totally disagree. Dirk presents a bigger problem than the two best players in the game? Packing the paint hasn't worked for Boston and as well as Dallas did in the regular season against the Heat, so did Boston...

Sportstudi
08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Scrojangles I totally disagree. Dirk presents a bigger problem than the two best players in the game? Packing the paint hasn't worked for Boston and as well as Dallas did in the regular season against the Heat, so did Boston...

Fail... :downspin:

greensborohill
08-07-2011, 06:03 PM

A+ call 'bro. Way to stick to yer guns!!

greensborohill
08-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Delete your account already DucheBag. DIRK!!!! :lobt2: