PDA

View Full Version : Well guys...its time to rebuild...lets start with...

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
http://jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-lakers.jpg

Lakers wont stay down too long.:toast

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
He's about ready.

lefty
05-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Looking good

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
IF Howard leaves the Magic, he's going to the Knicks.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
those purple arm thingies is pretty homo though

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
those purple arm thingies is pretty homo though

:lol

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
IF Howard leaves the Magic, he's going to the Knicks.

regardless of what monies are or are not available nor what teams can or cannot due because of trade stipulations and drawbacks, if history has taught us anything....the Laker FO gets what they usually want.

true story.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:23 AM
regardless of what monies are or are not available nor what teams can or cannot due because of trade stipulations and drawbacks, if history has taught us anything....the Laker FO gets what they usually want.

true story.

If Howard goes to the Lakers, then the NBA is really, truly rigged.

jag
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
He should go to the Clippers with Blake at PF.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:27 AM

Gawd dayum that would be a ridiculous combo...the Staples Center would need to buy extra rims! :lol

Sportcamper
What's Smush Parker doing these days?

TheMACHINE

you dont think Bynum for Howard is fair? c'mon son.

redzero
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
He should go to the Clippers

http://i54.tinypic.com/30shuur.jpg

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
you dont think Bynum for Howard is fair? c'mon son.

Bynum couldn't sniff Howard's jock.

Dwight ain't leaving Orlando, anyway...they're gonna give him a max contract.

Budkin
05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
He's either staying with the Magic or going to the Nets.

TampaDude
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
He's either staying with the Magic or going to the Nets.

Oh, yeah...can't forget about Prokhorov's deep pockets. :toast

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2011, 10:56 AM

you would be correct with the rigged part Tamp but that's for another discussion :toast

da_suns_fan
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
http://jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-lakers.jpg

Lakers wont stay down too long.:toast

GetGarnett.com

DMC
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Orlando Magic: Historical inability to utilize HOF big men to win rings.

davethedope
05-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Howard will not go to the Nets, unless he doesn't care about winning
or being relevant. Also, if he knows what's good for him he will get as
far away from Orlando asap. You can't stay with a team for too many years
after losing a Championship. The only person who comes to mind who did
and who eventually is Elway

Spur-Addict
05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Laker Fan: "We're still going to win this year even down 0-2"

Laker Fan: "We need to rebuild now and get D-Ho"

Laker Fan: "I'm an ungrateful piece of shit"

LnGrrrR
05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Serious question: Will Lakers be able to clear enough cap space in 2012? What's off the books?

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Serious question: Will Lakers be able to clear enough cap space in 2012? What's off the books?

Bynum team option.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Laker Fan: "We're still going to win this year even down 0-2"

Laker Fan: "We need to rebuild now and get D-Ho"

Laker Fan: "I'm an ungrateful piece of shit"

and so?

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 11:23 AM

http://jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-clippers.jpg

Spur-Addict
05-05-2011, 11:24 AM
and so i'm not a fan

LnGrrrR
05-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Bynum team option.

Here's the thing though.

Why would Dwight want to go to the Lakers in 2012?

Who do they have? An aging Kobe who will eventually break down, and Pau Gasol. No young superstars. No good bench.

Why not join a team with younger stars/more potential?

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Spurs-Addict, can you explain why im not a fan?

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Here's the thing though.

Who do they have? An aging Kobe who will eventually break down, and Pau Gasol. No young superstars. No good bench.

so you think he should join the Clippers too?

kamikazi_player
05-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Someone photoshop Dwight Howard in a Spurs uniform :lol

LnGrrrR
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
so you think he should join the Clippers too?

Eh, the Clippers only have Blake right now.

It's a long-shot scenario, but what if the Hornets are able to keep Paul, clear some cap space, and get Dwight? I think Paul/Howard would be an interesting combo.

But knowing the league, they'll both sign for the minimum to join the Heat, who will then run a starting lineup of

C: Howard
PF: Bosh
SF: Lebron
PG: Paul
SG: Wade

And proceed to win the next ten titles in a row. :lol

mindcrime
05-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Eh, the Clippers only have Blake right now.

It's a long-shot scenario, but what if the Hornets are able to keep Paul, clear some cap space, and get Dwight? I think Paul/Howard would be an interesting combo.

But knowing the league, they'll both sign for the minimum to join the Heat, who will then run a starting lineup of

C: Howard
PF: Bosh
SF: Lebron
PG: Paul
SG: Wade

And proceed to win the next ten titles in a row. :lol

Oh man, the big 5.

jag
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordon, Ryan Gomes, Kaman, Randy Foye

Hero Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom, fisher, barnes, Steve blake, Trey Johnson, Joe smith, Theo Ratliff

One of those teams has young talent.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordon, Ryan Gomes, Kaman, Randy Foye

Hero Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom, fisher, barnes, Steve blake, Trey Johnson, Joe smith, Theo Ratliff

One of those teams has young talent.

true, Trey Johnson aint to shabby.

benefactor
05-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Bynum team option.
They will still be capped out with guaranteed deals even without Bynum's option and letting Odom walk.

Brazil
05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
time to rebuild for the lakers and for the spurs

The Lakers/Spurs domination era is over

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 01:30 PM
time to rebuild for the lakers and for the spurs

The Lakers/Spurs domination era is over

Untrue in both instances. There is still money on the table for both clubs.

We could stand pat, brazen it out in hopes that with a natural shuffle that we could have a fine result.

You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2011, 01:50 PM

We could stand pat, brazen it out in hopes that with a natural shuffle that we could have a fine result.

yup

lakers can still contend. silly to think otherwise. I am confident that Kobe will adhere to whatever role he needs to adhere to for the betterment of this team come next season. I know we are talking about Kobe "all about me" bryant. I get it and will be the first to tell you I am not all over his "pelotas" but should they fall, I think Kobe adjusts his game.
Yeah, the Lakers will be a bit older but 31-33 yrs of age is not exactly over the hill.

anyone got ages for Laker starting 5?

I just think the Laker window is more open than most fans think. Mitch and the good Dr. will figure something out but as Kool mentioned, i am thinking there will be some hell to pay.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 01:52 PM
imo...Kobe needs to go back to "2006" chuck mode to win against dallas.

redzero
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
imo...Kobe needs to go back to "2006" chuck mode to win against dallas.

Yeah, that definitely worked before.

z0sa
05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
LA is screwed for two, maybe three more years financially. Not only that, when they finally free up capspace, they will still have multiple questionable bench players, an aging or gone Kobe/Pau, and a coach with little-no title winning experience.

We'll see how the CBA agreements work out, which will probably put the final nail in the 2000's LA-era coffin. They can always pull of a questionable trade, of course.

cobbler
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Here's the thing though.

Why would Dwight want to go to the Lakers in 2012? Who do they have? An aging Kobe who will eventually break down, and Pau Gasol. No young superstars. No good bench.

Hollywood!

TheManFromAcme
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
LA is screwed for two, maybe three more years financially. Not only that, when they finally free up capspace, they will still have multiple questionable bench players, an aging or gone Kobe/Pau, and a coach with little-no title winning experience.

We'll see how the CBA agreements work out, which will probably put the final nail in the 2000's LA-era coffin. They can always pull of a questionable trade, of course.

:D

Where's logo at these days? lol

redzero
05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's the thing though.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I keep reading and hearing about these rumors, but I don't understand why Dwight wanting to go to L.A. is likely, when he won't have much except an old Kobe and old Gasol. When looking at it long term, it doesn't seem like a smart move.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that definitely worked before.

it will probably work against dallas. Either that or keep waiting till gasol and the becnh wakes up.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 02:07 PM

when was the last questionable trade the Lakers pulled? Im sure you're not refering to the Gasol trade seeing what happened to your team via The Mauling.

LnGrrrR
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Hollywood!

Miami! :lol

SourCandy
05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Miami! :lol

http://i54.tinypic.com/30shuur.jpg

z0sa
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
when was the last questionable trade the Lakers pulled? Im sure you're not refering to the Gasol trade seeing what happened to your team via The Mauling.

Your team would have been "mauled" by the Grizzlies as well. You barely got past the Hornets, and Memphis is a much better team than them. Memphis is bigger than Dallas, too, which is clearly causing your team problems.

But that doesn't change the fact the trade was, and still is, questionable. Grizzlies lucking into Marc Gasol being a good player when they traded with Crittenton and picks in mind will never change that.

TheMACHINE
05-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Your team would have been "mauled" by the Grizzlies as well. You barely got past the Hornets, and Memphis is a much better team than them. Memphis is bigger than Dallas, too, which is clearly causing your team problems.

But that doesn't change the fact the trade was, and still is, questionable. Grizzlies lucking into Marc Gasol being a good player when they traded with Crittenton and picks in mind will never change that.

lol If's, woulda's and shoulda's...and then adds a "fact". :lmao

Killakobe81
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
LOL .. at the folly in this thread. Nothing is garunteed ... but who has the chance of bringing together 2 or 3 stars a la Miami? How many of you truly doubt the ability of Buss to pull something off? Sure, Kobe is aging but how many better #2 options are there than Kobe? (assuming Kobe plays 2nd to Dwight) and even if we lose to the Mavs or the in the next round or even win.

I dont mind a few dry years as long as when we do get back we are BACK. 10 straight 50 win seasons (with no titles) would NOT be acceptable in L.A. (no knock on Dallas) LOL. we freaking booed Pau last night ...we just dont take kindly to losing. I support the Lakers 100% win or lose, but the general fanbase runs hot/cold and are harsh when we lose.
If and when we rebuild, especially when Kobe retires (just like when Shaq left) the fans that stay are the diehards. Those that jump, are bitch made bandwaggoners ...so fuck 'em.

BTW, if you saw the love we gave Pau when he first came to L.A. ...and the support we give Bynum, imagine the love that Howard would get in los angeles?

Melo forced his way to the Knicks even though his team was gutted to get him. These guys know Miami is the team to beat for the next few so they have to team up ...somewhere. anyone buy they goona choose the Spurs, or even the clips? We will be back ...we always are. As biggie said ... "Im going back to cali for the weather, women and the weed ...sticky green."

Brazil
05-05-2011, 05:26 PM

it's maybe true for the lakers they have a bad ass historic of rebuilding quickly throwing tons of money and using farm teams.

Nevertheless with the new coming agreement it could be more difficult.

Globally at short time I do think teams like Chicago, Miami, OKC, Grizz, maybe Denver have a healthy foundation to build on contrary to Lakers, Spurs or even Mavs.

For the Spurs it will take time

Giuseppe
05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
it's maybe true for the lakers they have a bad ass historic of rebuilding quickly throwing tons of money and using farm teams.

Nevertheless with the new coming agreement it could be more difficult.

Globally at short time I do think teams like Chicago, Miami, OKC, Grizz, maybe Denver have a healthy foundation to build on contrary to Lakers, Spurs or even Mavs.

For the Spurs it will take time

This is true about the Spurs. I was trying to be kind more or less by including them. They, the Spurs have had their position of failure confirmed, not once, but twice. We'd be fresh at failure.

But, you simply cannot forsake Duncan. You have to pay him that money, and put forth the Championship effort, like you did this season:the blind & reckless signing of Neal, the adamant demand that RJ rework his contract, changing out "Dice" & Blair toward the end, the reduction of MPG across the roster at the start and the discipline to see it thru to the end.

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
http://jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-clippers.jpg

:lobt2: