PDA

View Full Version : who do you want to win less, Mavs or Heat?

davidbowie
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I cant choose

davidbowie
05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
jk it's dallas

silverblackfan
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Heat. Hate the Mavs, but at least it's a Texas team.

ATXSPUR
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Heat.

Though it would suck for Dallas to win a ship, at least they're in Texas and still three trophies behind the Spurs. The Heat on the other hand...the big market dick sucking and the bron bron love fest would be too much.

stnick2261
05-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Mavs.... but I want the Lakers to win even MORE LESS

I'd be happy to see Memphis run the table and beat the Thunder, Mavs and Chicago

bigdog
05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Mavs, and its not even close. As a Spurs fan, I will never support that team.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Both teams are playing at playoff speed with playoff effort. I don't have a problem if either wins it. I'm done worrying about who wins the title if the Spurs are going to squander golden opportunity after golden opportunity.

Texas_Ranger
05-05-2011, 10:58 AM
If Dallas and Miami go to the finals, I'd rather see Dirk win it.

Juanobili
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Mavericks.

If the Heat win, everyone will hate them like they're supposed to.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Never thought I'd say it, but I'd pull for the Mavs in that situation. Actually I probably just wouldn't watch the finals, but guys like Dirk and Kidd have put in the years and dealt with the heartbreak enough that I wouldn't mind them getting a ring, especially if it means beating those overhyped clowns in Miami.

BanditHiro
05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Heat...i really don't understand the overhyped hate, if LeBron wins the kobe era is finally fucking over and will solidify how much better of a player LeBron is compared to kobe

Cane
05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Mavs especially after watching LeBron destroy Rondo....god damn thats enough for me to join their bandwagon in this Spurs-less playoffs. Epic highlights galore :wow

Terry alone also makes rooting for the Mavs pretty shitty :toast

DesignatedT
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I respect Dirk, I don't respect Lebron.

Saying that, Probably still the Mavs,

ffadicted
05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Never thought I'd say it, but I'd pull for the Mavs in that situation. Actually I probably just wouldn't watch the finals, but guys like Dirk and Kidd have put in the years and dealt with the heartbreak enough that I wouldn't mind them getting a ring, especially if it means beating those overhyped clowns in Miami.

cantthinkofanything
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I was thinking it was an easy question. I hate Miami far more than Dallas. But I also can't stand the thought of Cuban gloating over a championship.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2011, 11:57 AM
As it goes, I'm still rooting for Memphis, though ZBo's complete and total inability to control himself or handle any kind of success is likely to derail any hopes they might have had.

temujin
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
9 of the last 12 titles went West.

Not this year. Time for a change.

No Lakers? Title goes East. No doubt about it.

It wuold be absolutely wonderfull if Mavs fail again against the Heat.

Ditty
05-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I hope its a grizz vs hawks finals

Tp9gospursgo
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Heat.

ploto
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
These are actually 2 of the teams I am rooting for now.

Mugen
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Heat or Mavs is a tossup but if the Mavs beat the Lakers then I'd say they deserve a ring, since i do respect Dirk.

Personally as a Spurs fan, i would like to see Memphis ring just so it makes me feel better about the Spurs choking away the 1 seed.

hater
05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
just remember Lebron's words
"we not gone win 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 championships"

fuck the heat

SpurSpurSpurs
05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Heat. I'd swallong everything as long as Kidd gets a ring. Maybe Dirk too just for his efforts.

...What am I thinking? :(

Assman
05-05-2011, 12:43 PM
F both teams.

cornbread
05-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I can see pigs flying past my window right now, and I'm pulling for the Mavs to win the whole damn thing.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I hope the Heat win all the tittles they want while we aren't in the fight

Josepatches_
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM

It would be better if Mavs fail to reach tha Finals but I'll take this too

Borosai
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM

I feel the same way about these guys, but Terry is still there. Not easy.

jsandiego
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
+1

Dirk's been amazing. Hope he gets one. Sure beats KG or Kobe getting another.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
I want to see Dallas exact revenge for 2006, even better if this Heat team is more loaded than the Miami 2006 version was.

tmtcsc
05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
What an awful decision. It's like Sophie's Choice. Nope. Don't want to think about it.

That said, never underestimate the heart of a choker. Dallas is very capable of losing this series in 6.

pancakechef
05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
If the Heat win I will stop watching the NBA all together. These guys are losers. They are cry babies who do not deserve to even play in the NBA. LeBron is possibly the biggest wimp in professional sports.

And Bosh is a second rate center. Hes weak and he plays with a mouth piece. Enough said.

spurtech09
05-05-2011, 05:46 PM
doesn't matter who we want to win less.....the miami heat is going to win the nba championship....thanks to david stern

fotan2
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
who cares. as long as the lakers are done.

Bender
05-05-2011, 06:36 PM
what he said

peskypesky
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I definitely prefer Mavs winning to Heat winning. First, they're in Texas. Second, they've never won. Third, Dirk and Kidd both deserve rings. Fourth, I hate Lebron.

Spurs rock
05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm pulling for the Heat 110%. I've been a fan of them since they beat the Mavs in "06...

Let's Go Geat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwb
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
It makes it easier for me not to give a rat's ass since the Spurs are out because if I did care I would ask the SEALS to shoot me in the eye. Root for the Dream Team? BLECH!! Root for Cuban and Terry? BLARGH!! Besides, who says it's going to be between the Heat and the Mavs, anyway?

Technique
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Really could care less about Texas. Only team I hate more than the Mavs are the Lakers.

I won't say I'll be rooting for the Heat, it's more like rooting against the Mavs.

Proxy
05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Really could care less about Texas. Only team I hate more than the Mavs are the Lakers.

I won't say I'll be rooting for the Heat, it's more like rooting against the Mavs.

Heat

ATXSPUR
05-05-2011, 08:15 PM
9 of the last 12 titles went West.

Not this year. Time for a change.

No Lakers? Title goes East. No doubt about it.

Have you forgotten that two of those times the Finals went east was against the Lakers right? The Spurs are the only west team to be undefeated in the Finals in the post-Jordan era.

Nathan Explosion
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
As a Spurs fan, I'm still pissed off that they lost in the fashion that they did. And being that I'm a spiteful person, I want as many fans to feel the same as I do. So, going by that logic, the team that would cause the most fans to be pissed is Miami.

So, GO HEAT!

WildcardManu
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Can't stand the ESPN Heat.... Would like to see Dirk get his ring.

silverblackfan
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I can see pigs flying past my window right now, and I'm pulling for the Mavs to win the whole damn thing.

Nice. :lol

DieMrBond
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
If Dallas didn't have the others surrounding Dirk, such as Terry, Barea, etc - i would gladly cheer for them. Dirk is an amazing talent, and extremely likeable. Can't say the same for the rest of that team...

HOWEVER

No way in HELL do I wan't the Heat to win a championship. Wade's ego is out of control, he used to be likeable. James? Ugh - cannot stand him. In fact, there is no one on that team that I would enjoy winning a championship.

Of the teams that are left... Celtics? You kidding me. Garnett, Ray Ray, Pierce, Rondo and the two O'Neals? All on one team? Double ugh.

Hawks ain't beating the Bulls. Bulls I could handle winning, but only because of Bogans ;)

Lakers? Err, that's a no.

Grizzlies, I could handle and ditto for the Thunder.

Where is the undo button for Round 1?

birdy219
05-05-2011, 10:07 PM

+1000000000000 :flag:

Budkin
05-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Fuck the Heat... I'm done hating on the Mavs for this year. I'd actually like to see Dirk get a ring... he's a classy guy that deserves one. I just wish they didn't have Terry.

Sense
05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I want the Heat to get raped... I hate Lebron ... I don't hate the Mavericks as much as their fans.. although Terry.. and Cuban...

Oh well I still think Dirk and Kidd deserve it way more than Lebron and Bosh

WildcardManu
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Fuck the Heat... I'm done hating on the Mavs for this year. I'd actually like to see Dirk get a ring... he's a classy guy that deserves one. I just wish they didn't have Terry.

SA210
05-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I hate both, but I'd rather Heat lose more

timtonymanu
05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
IMO, I want either Bulls or Thunder winning, although Heat and Mavericks look like the favorites out of their conferences right now. But if I have to choose between the Heat and Mavs, I go with Dallas. Mav fans would go crazy on this board but they would be a lot more tolerable than Laker fans and Terry would take his shit-talking to a whole new level. But Dirk deserves to win one because he stayed loyal to Dallas.

Vic Petro
05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I'd root against the Heat more because seeing that team-building strategy become a trend in the NBA would be awful. Next would be a race to see who can clear enough cap room to sign Howard and CP3. I don't want to see superteams beat up on a weakened league.

I think I'd just completely detach from basketball until offseason activities begin in earnest. I couldn't sit there and root for the Mavs/Terry/Cuban to win a ring either.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Both teams are playing at playoff speed with playoff effort. I don't have a problem if either wins it. I'm done worrying about who wins the title if the Spurs are going to squander golden opportunity after golden opportunity.

GOOD LORD they won 4, squandering golden opp after opp? This year they were not going to win it all and most saw that who knew bball with the lack of D and they were a jump shooting team! This year was not theirs, spite their record........

Obstructed_View
05-06-2011, 06:16 AM
GOOD LORD they won 4, squandering golden opp after opp? This year they were not going to win it all and most saw that who knew bball with the lack of D and they were a jump shooting team! This year was not theirs, spite their record........

Yeah, you guys who knew bball were so right all along. :rolleyes

What ever happened to going and looking at the stonecutter?

They had tons of opportunites over the season to integrate Splitter, and chose not to. They had opportunities to make sure their backup small forward was in shape for the playoffs, and they chose not to. They had the luxury of a huge lead to make sure they had a deep roster and a versatile roster, and instead they chose to leave two good rookies on the bench, despite the huge contributions from a third rookie.

As ill-prepared as the Spurs were during the regular season, as badly as they played in the first round, as close as the series with Memphis was, as beatable as all the other teams look, if you don't think this season was as close to Duncan's last best shot as it's likely to get, then you're completely delusional.

The team that is on the floor in April is the result of all the decisions over the season, both good and bad, small and large.

pookenstein
05-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Lakers

Tough choice between Mavs and Heat. If there was no Terry on the Mavsteam it would be pretty easy. Seeing this piece of shit with a ring would simlpy be disgusting.

On the other hand one doesn't want the media hype if Miami wins.

Let's just hope it's Memphis/Thunder vs Bulls in the Finals. I could live with either Team winning.

janetcn12
05-06-2011, 07:06 AM
None...Spurs, Spurs...

Strike
05-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I think as Spurs fans we should be pulling for LeBron. It's still not fair how the Spurs embarrassed him in the 2007 Finals.

I disagree solely because Lebron is an epic douche. I'd rather see the Lakers win 8 in a row than see any team LeDouche playing for win one.

I was thinking it was an easy question. I hate Miami far more than Dallas. But I also can't stand the thought of Cuban gloating over a championship.

Better than everyone one of Lebron's catamite fans finding ST and becoming more cancerous than luva, Koolaid, Cubby, etc...

Me too.

I, too, find myself in quite a pickle. But then I remember if I was a Dallas fan, I would've hated Bowen just as much as I hate Terry. The difference is if Terry became a Spur, I'd be okay with it. If Lebron became a Spur, however, I would no longer be a Spurs fan.

Nathan Explosion
05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
If Lebron became a Spur, however, I would no longer be a Spurs fan.

If Lebron became a Spur, he could be the missing piece to sending Duncan out with a ring. Everybody hates Lebron because of the hype and the decision and his attitude and what not. When he first showed up, I was the same way. But then a funny thing happened. Over the years I came to realize that Lebron has every tool and talent to be the greatest ever. He just has to want it bad enough, which separated Jordan from everyone else. A true basketball fan should want Lebron to take full advantage of his capabilities. Players like him don't come around often.

As a fan I want to see greatness. And Lebron has a chance to be an all timer. So my hatred for him is gone. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, just an interested onlooker.

Crookshanks
05-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I can't stand LeBron - so I'd rather the Mavs win it over the Heat. There's been too much hype over the Heat, kinda like the 2004 Fakers - so I want someone to do to LeBron and company what the Pistons did to those 2004 "Champions on paper" Fakers.

DMC
05-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Heat. The Mavs have earned their right though years of missing the boat. The Heat just bought a franchise player and suddenly to win a ring the same year would be a really bad thing for the entire league.

Also, there's no fucking way in hell any big name player ever decides on their own to come to SA. It's never going to happen, while they are in their prime.

spurs10
05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
If a team that is associated with Jason Terry and Mark Cuban were playing against a rabid dog, I'd be rooting for the dog.
If I see the ringless Lebron James hocking anymore junk food, electronics, shoes, cars, etc.... I think I'll throw up, but Cuban and Terry are even harder to stomach.

ambchang
05-06-2011, 01:29 PM
While I dislike the Mavs because of the rivalry involved over the past decade, but I just would love to see a guy like Nowitzki win it all. He has always carried himself professionally, and went through years of undeserved attacks.

I always thought Nowitzki is a relatively clutch player, but because of what happened in 06 and 07 playoffs, he was labelled as a choker. Never mind that 06 finals was a joke to begin with (and Nowitzki played an overall decent series), and that the 07 Warriors were built to stop Nowitzki.

Anyways, I am rooting for Nowitzki more than the Mavs. And I do not believe player collusion should result in a championship, at least not in the first year.

Fireball
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
While I dislike the Mavs because of the rivalry involved over the past decade, but I just would love to see a guy like Nowitzki win it all. He has always carried himself professionally, and went through years of undeserved attacks.

I totally agree here. I love my Spurs and want them to drown the Mavs everytime they meet. But if a situation like now occurs (Spurs are out of the playoffs and Mavs still in it) I have to cheer for the Mavs. As a German I would love for Dirk to get a ring.

spurs10
05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I totally agree here. I love my Spurs and want them to drown the Mavs everytime they meet. But if a situation like now occurs (Spurs are out of the playoffs and Mavs still in it) I have to cheer for the Mavs. As a German I would love for Dirk to get a ring.
I'm sure it would mean a great deal to the German people. In that regard, all the best.
:toast

Fireball
05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm sure it would mean a great deal to the German people. In that regard, all the best.
:toast

Sadly soccer is way more popular than basketball in Germany. NBA games have not been televised in free TV here for years .... on Pay TV only sporadically. But I know some guys from a german basketball forum who are quite happy right now and want Dirk to go all the way ...

spurs10
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Sadly soccer is way more popular than basketball in Germany. NBA games have not been televised in free TV here for years .... on Pay TV only sporadically. But I know some guys from a german basketball forum who are quite happy right now and want Dirk to go all the way ...
Yes basketball isn't too big over there. Might get a few headlines if Dirk wins a championship though. Good luck to you and your friends.
If Cuban and Terry get a ring, it will be a good time to get dropped from a helicopter into the Alaskan wilderness for a few months.
:hat

Russ
05-06-2011, 04:44 PM
It's simple.

A victory by the glamorous Heat team enhances the value of a championship. (The Spurs have 4 :).)

A victory by Dallas devaluates championships. (Everyone knows the Mavs are chokers, so if even they can win a title . . .)

Let's keep the club small and exclusive. :whine

gospursgojas
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Mavs. Theres some players on the team i can feel good about winning a title...dirk, kidd. I wouldnt be happy about any of the team stacking, ring chasing players on the heat.

HarlemHeat37
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Miami winning would be great for the league, in all honesty..the league needs Miami or LA to win, with the looming lockout..

It would also promote winning, since 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA sacrificed their stats and individual accolades, so that they can win championships..I thought people respected a winning mentality?..

monkeypunk
05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Mavs. Theres some players on the team i can feel good about winning a title...dirk, kidd. I wouldnt be happy about any of the team stacking, ring chasing players on the heat.

Actually, Mavs are some the worst team stackers around. Have you seen that roster?

I still want them to beat LA, though.

MmP
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
fuck people you want lakers to keep winning? go mavs!

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Heat. Lebron is a cocksucker, and my respect for Dirk is through the roof. Deserves a championship.

Josepatches_
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM
It will be good if the Heat can win it all.

Lakers being sweeped in the 2nd round and leBron winning the first tittle.It would be funny to see Kobe's face and his fanboys.

And of course I don't want to see any kind of comparison between Nowitzki's Mavs and Duncan's Spurs.They will be fine without tittles.

Josepatches_
05-06-2011, 11:38 PM
It would also promote winning, since 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA sacrificed their stats and individual accolades, so that they can win championships..I thought people respected a winning mentality?..

Good point

crc21209
05-06-2011, 11:41 PM

This.

crc21209
05-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Miami winning would be great for the league, in all honesty..the league needs Miami or LA to win, with the looming lockout..

+1. How come nobody ever brings up the fact that LeBron left shitty ass Cleveland to go to Miami TO WIN A TITLE. If he wanted more money and to do shit on his own, (which probably wouldnt have happened) he would have stayed in Cleveland. But by going to Miami with Wade he basically admitted to the public that he can't do it alone and he's desperate to win a championship.....

blkroadrunners
05-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Don't care really. The Spurs aren't in it.

Bruno
05-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't be mad at all if Mavs win the title this year. Dirk has been such a great player for years that he deserves to get a ring. If they play against Miami in final, I would root for them.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't be mad at all if Mavs win the title this year. Dirk has been such a great player for years that he deserves to get a ring. If they play against Miami in final, I would root for them.

:tu

50 cent
05-07-2011, 02:20 AM
This would just suck. I hope it doesn't happen, but it probably will.

I honestly don't even know who I would root for until it just started happening. I'd probably root for the Mavs though. :vomit::vomit:

spurspokesman
05-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah, you guys who knew bball were so right all along. :rolleyes

What ever happened to going and looking at the stonecutter?

They had tons of opportunites over the season to integrate Splitter, and chose not to. They had opportunities to make sure their backup small forward was in shape for the playoffs, and they chose not to. They had the luxury of a huge lead to make sure they had a deep roster and a versatile roster, and instead they chose to leave two good rookies on the bench, despite the huge contributions from a third rookie.

As ill-prepared as the Spurs were during the regular season, as badly as they played in the first round, as close as the series with Memphis was, as beatable as all the other teams look, if you don't think this season was as close to Duncan's last best shot as it's likely to get, then you're completely delusional.

The team that is on the floor in April is the result of all the decisions over the season, both good and bad, small and large.
This

davidbowie
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
oh gawd

franceout
05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I hope Mavs win. I have a lot respect to kidd and dirk, I think the two guys deserve to have a champ.

Oh, Gee!!
05-26-2011, 11:48 PM
bleh. don't know, don't care.

Thompson
05-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Blah. Mavs. Heat will almost inevitably win a few; might as well have this year be one of them, and deny the Mavs. The Mavs won't be able to hold onto their free agents this year, and they won't make it this far again. It's ridiculous they made it this far this year. This is it for them.

Terry will never have a ring.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2011, 02:08 AM
FUCK THE MAVERICKS! Fuck Dirk he's a whinning bitch, fuck terry he's a pussy and Cuban well he's just a pussy ass bitch!
Heat all the way!

SpurSpurSpurs
05-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Heat. No doubt!

Shank
05-27-2011, 08:12 AM
FUCK THE MAVERICKS! Fuck Dirk he's a whinning bitch, fuck terry he's a pussy and Cuban well he's just a pussy ass bitch!
Heat all the way!

Oh the irony!

Amarelooms
05-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Heat all the way!

You are a big homo son....no doubt dummy. Mavs>Spurs now....hurts doesn't it...you mad?

:elephant

dbestpro
05-27-2011, 09:06 AM
After much deliberation I hve decided to go for the Heat.

The teams who have won championships in the last 30 years is an exclusive club of which the Heat are already a member of. I do not want the Mavs to join the club and start stinking the place up.

Also, with a Heat win the owners will focus more during the CBA on issues that limit player movement that is not team endorsed. This is better for the league overall. It may also force a breakup at some point of the Heat because they will not be albe to retian all three at their salaries. A Heat victory will cause the owners to be more entrenched, while bad for the NBA next year will be better for the league in years to come.

sandman
05-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Rooting for the Mavs just because they are from Texas? Did Dodgers fans root for the Giants in the last WS just because they were from California? Hell no. Did Bears fans root for the Packers in the SB just because they were in the same division? Hell no.

What the hell is all this pity love for the Mavs? I hope they go up 2-0 and plan another parade. I don't like the Heat, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Amarelooms
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Rooting for the Mavs just because they are from Texas? Did Dodgers fans root for the Giants in the last WS just because they were from California? Hell no. Did Bears fans root for the Packers in the SB just because they were in the same division? Hell no.

What the hell is all this pity love for the Mavs? I hope they go up 2-0 and plan another parade. I don't like the Heat, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

That's what makes Texas different dummy....get out of my state...pathetic

sandman
05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
That's what makes Texas different dummy....get out of my state...pathetic

Typical Metroplex attitude. Spend all of your time acting like you're so much better than the rest of Texas, then getting offended when the rest of the state won't dry hump your leg when your sports team are having a good year.

It's not so much about the team, but about the fans. I can't stand the thought of the North Dallas crowd celebrating in their ed hardy fashion with appletinis in hand.

TDomination
05-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't like Terry AT ALL. Cuban is annoying, at LEAST he has kept his mouth shut this year. But Dirk is fine, just annoying to play against because he seems to never miss. We denied Kidd his ring back in 03, so I guess 8 years later he can finally get one. No problems with the other guys.

As for the Heat I always liked Wade, but have always disliked Lebron. He's a great player, but his arrogant, cocky attitude makes me pray that somehow something will happen to deny him championships every year (though I know now it'll be almost impossible year after year) We denied him in 07, that makes him 0-1. Deny him again this year, 0-2.

So i'm quietly hoping for Mavs to win.

Amarelooms
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Typical Metroplex attitude. Spend all of your time acting like you're so much better than the rest of Texas, then getting offended when the rest of the state won't dry hump your leg when your sports team are having a good year.

It's not so much about the team, but about the fans. I can't stand the thought of the North Dallas crowd celebrating in their ed hardy fashion with appletinis in hand.

DFW >>> then where you live dummy...unless maybe Austin. But none-the-less Texas>>>any other state or country for that matter. Get over it

sandman
05-27-2011, 09:43 AM
DFW >>> then where you live dummy...unless maybe Austin. But none-the-less Texas>>>any other state or country for that matter. Get over it

Strawman argument. Nothing to get over. I never said that Texas wasn't the best state in the country. Nor did I say that DFW wasn't a nice place to live.

bigfan
05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
I dont like either team but at least Dallas didnt try to buy the trophy. Dirk deserves the win and a little more respect around the league IMHO.

JR3
05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I love wade, but lebron gets on my nerves. I would pick the mavs. they are the only team in texas without a title. Jason kidd and dirk deserve it. Wish terry wouldn't get a ring though. I don't want miami to win it this year. They will probably win it next year. pulling for the mavs in this one. Texas loyalty. I also think they are the better team. Its going to suck watching terry kiss that trophy though. I think it will be the only one he kisses though.

Spurminator
05-27-2011, 10:44 AM
It's the Mavs' time. They've had a great run and deserve a trophy to show for it.

sandman
05-27-2011, 10:54 AM
It's the Mavs' time. They've had a great run and deserve a trophy to show for it.

I have no issue with someone who wants to root for the Mavs, but this "deserving" shit needs to stop. You don't deserve it. You earn it. If they are good enough to get it, then they get the respect of being the champs. If they don't, they won't be robbed because they "deserved" it. They were simply not good enough to be champions.

cantthinkofanything
05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
I have no issue with someone who wants to root for the Mavs, but this "deserving" shit needs to stop. You don't deserve it. You earn it. If they are good enough to get it, then they get the respect of being the champs. If they don't, they won't be robbed because they "deserved" it. They were simply not good enough to be champions.

deserve (v) synonyms: merit, be worthy, rate, earn, warrant, justify, ask for

http://encarta.msn.com/thesaurus_561570905/deserve.html

Trill Clinton
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I honestly don't care who wins. I just want to see some exciting basketball! Yay!:toast

SilverSpur
05-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Dirk and the Mavericks. Makes the rivalry that much more intense.

ABrooks111
05-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I hate the Mavs and couldn't give a fuck about what Eastern conference teams do.

So...

Let's go Bron! I look forward to seeing him impregnate Shawn Marion and any other wash-ups Dallas decides to put on him.

sandman
05-27-2011, 01:14 PM

In this game of semantics that you are playing, do you honestly believe that Dirk has EARNED a championship? Because last time I checked, you still have to play - and win - the games in order to hoist the LOB.

cantthinkofanything
05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
In this game of semantics that you are playing, do you honestly believe that Dirk has EARNED a championship? Because last time I checked, you still have to play - and win - the games in order to hoist the LOB.

No, he hasn't. He's only earned the opportunity to play for it.

Spurtacus
05-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I hate Cuba and Terry but I don't mind seeing Dirk and Kidd with a ring. I'm a Westen Conference guy (except Lakers) so I hope the Mavs win.

bigzak25
05-27-2011, 02:31 PM
I really don't care who wins, but I don't see the Mavs winning a series vs the Heat.

That said, i'd love to see a 7 game series, even though it feels like the Heat win this in 5.

Kamnik
05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
If Dallas and Miami go to the finals, I'd rather see Dirk win it.

This.

I would hate to see Lebron ever win a ring.

Dirk on the other hand is one of the best and the classiest players in the league.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2011, 04:58 PM
You are a big homo son....no doubt dummy. Mavs>Spurs now....hurts doesn't it...you mad?

Go eat a dick faggot!

AND BTW Spurs: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: Mavs=0

Nuff said.

This sums up how soft the mavericks were and still are:
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0421/nba_a_dirk_west_200.jpg

BOSH IS GONNA SHIT ALL OVER DIRK!

daslicer
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I have a easy time rooting for Miami since they are not a rival of the spurs while the mavs are. If Lebron wins it doesn't bother me like it did with that arrogant douchebag Kobe since he's not a rival of the spurs. The only spurs related playoff moment we all have of Lebron is positive which is him getting swept in '07. On top of that I remember him being classy in defeat when he walked into the locker-room to congratulate Tim. He also mentioned the spurs on the decision as an example of why he wanted to form a big 3. He's given the spurs props and respect in the past so I can't really despise him. On the other hand I have never liked the punk Jason Terry's smugness along with that clown Cubes.

IGY6UamVRSU

Proxy
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
As a Spurs fan, I realize it would be childish to go for the Heat due to the existing rivalry we have with Dallas.

Everything the Heat embody is bad for the NBA. I would much rather go for a franchise that built their team based on years of hard work, than an all star team created during the offseason, with two players trying to take the easy route to a ring because they weren't man enough to get there like Dirk or Duncan or MJ.

PS - If Mavs trolls bother you that much, then you need to grow up. Do you think Heat trolls will be any better? It'll be like two Laker fanbases at once if Miami wins this.

edgar
05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Heat

Juanobili
05-27-2011, 08:36 PM

baseline bum
05-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't want to see that piece of shit Juwan Howard gravy train a ring. Go Dallas.

baseline bum
05-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Plus Dirk's playing like a madman right now, and Dallas is putting together what is starting to look like one of the all-time great playoff runs. Like Philly in 83, Boston in 86, Houston in 95, Chicago in 96, SA in 99, LA in 01, etc.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't want to see that piece of shit Juwan Howard gravy train a ring. Go Dallas.

But you want Cuban and Terry to win a ring? :rolleyes

baseline bum
05-27-2011, 09:39 PM
But you want Cuban and Terry to win a ring? :rolleyes

Terry's punch to the nuts was nowhere near as dirty as Howard bodyslamming DA.

spurs10
05-28-2011, 01:09 AM
As a Spurs fan, I realize it would be childish to go for the Heat due to the existing rivalry we have with Dallas.

Everything the Heat embody is bad for the NBA. I would much rather go for a franchise that built their team based on years of hard work, than an all star team created during the offseason, with two players trying to take the easy route to a ring because they weren't man enough to get there like Dirk or Duncan or MJ.

PS - If Mavs trolls bother you that much, then you need to grow up. Do you think Heat trolls will be any better? It'll be like two Laker fanbases at once if Miami wins this.
Do you have an even modest understanding about the Mavs 'money is no object' approach to trying to buy a championship at any cost. Saying they are some blue collar franchise is ridiculous. Dirk has stayed with Dallas because he's been paid a fucking fortune to stay there, and with the promise they would spend whatever it takes to surround him with the best money can buy...

TJastal
05-28-2011, 04:44 AM

:lmao

TJastal
05-28-2011, 04:47 AM

Well said and so true. Fuck the heat and all the san antonio heat fans!

TJastal
05-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Do you have an even modest understanding about the Mavs 'money is no object' approach to trying to buy a championship at any cost. Saying they are some blue collar franchise is ridiculous. Dirk has stayed with Dallas because he's been paid a fucking fortune to stay there, and with the promise they would spend whatever it takes to surround him with the best money can buy...

This year Dirk made less than Tim Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Michael Redd, Pau Gasol, Andrei Kirilenko, Rashard Lewis, Zack Randolph, and Yao Ming.

Vince Carter made an equal amount of money.

Considering Dirk played like the true MVP of the league this year, I'd say Cuban is getting his money's worth and then some.

Josepatches_
05-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I have a easy time rooting for Miami since they are not a rival of the spurs while the mavs are. If Lebron wins it doesn't bother me like it did with that arrogant douchebag Kobe since he's not a rival of the spurs. The only spurs related playoff moment we all have of Lebron is positive which is him getting swept in '07. On top of that I remember him being classy in defeat when he walked into the locker-room to congratulate Tim. He also mentioned the spurs on the decision as an example of why he wanted to form a big 3. He's given the spurs props and respect in the past so I can't really despise him. On the other hand I have never liked the punk Jason Terry's smugness along with that clown Cubes.

IGY6UamVRSU

Let's go HEAT

SpursRulez4eVeR
05-28-2011, 12:09 PM
I sincerely wish Noringzki and Kidd win one despite that turtle faggot on the team and i despise the cHeat so yea go mavs :vomit:

spurs10
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
This year Dirk made less than Tim Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Michael Redd, Pau Gasol, Andrei Kirilenko, Rashard Lewis, Zack Randolph, and Yao Ming.

Vince Carter made an equal amount of money.

Considering Dirk played like the true MVP of the league this year, I'd say Cuban is getting his money's worth and then some.
Dirk made about 17 million, if I'm not mistaken. If others are being horribly over paid, it's not that relevant to me. For that kind of money it's all relative to be honest. However, I agree that Cuban is getting his money's worth with Dirk's incredible production this year. I'm just saying that they spent well over the luxury tax this year and have a big payroll relative to the Spurs. They are not some massive underdog when it comes to spending.

spurs10
05-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I just read the Dallas Maverick's team salary is $90,764,633 and the Miami Heat's is $66,949,192. If this is correct, then who's trying to buy a championship? Just saying the underdogs in spending are not the poor Mavericks....by a long shot.

TJastal
05-28-2011, 01:56 PM
I just read the Dallas Maverick's team salary is $90,764,633 and the Miami Heat's is $66,949,192. If this is correct, then who's trying to buy a championship? Just saying the underdogs in spending are not the poor Mavericks....by a long shot.

Who gives a fuck. It's all relative to a number of factors (like player ages and so forth) and will most likely even out over time.

If you look at the mavs' payroll for the next 5 years, it will shrink every year down to nothing by the year 2015, while the heat's payroll will climb each year, and by 2015 they will forking over a whopping 65 million to Le'Broom, 'Gay-de, & Chrissy.

pjjrfan
05-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Ahhh, the Heat.

Fabbs
05-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Rather see the Heat win.
Dirks "deserving" to win in 2006 Finals vs Whistle Wade is a wash because of the rip off reffing to get there. Dirk received numerous game altering crap calls vs RealMVP Timmy Dunks in the 7 game horror end-of Spurs-as-we-knew-and-loved-them series. Even with the rip off reffing and Popovichs love affair with Finley it still took a Manu brain fart for Dirk to slither into the WCFs.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-28-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope for the Mavericks to sweep the Heat, winning each game by an average of 29 points.

Come on guys, do you seriously want to see LeBron and Co. holding up that trophy?

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-28-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't see the Mavs winning a series vs the Heat.

Who would have foreseen the Mavs sweeping the Lakers?

spurs10
05-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Who gives a fuck. It's all relative to a number of factors (like player ages and so forth) and will most likely even out over time.

If yalaSou look at the mavs' payroll for the next 5 years, it will shrink every year down to nothing by the year 2015, while the heat's payroll will climb each year, and by 2015 they will forking over a whopping 65 million to Le'Broom, 'Gay-de, & Chrissy.
"Who gives a fuck" about the Mavs team salary being 24 million more than the Heat? Well probably know one that wants to see the truth. Who gives a fuck what the Heat's payroll will be in 2015? Mavs are spending 91 fucking million dollars compared to Miami's 67 mil. 'Even out over time', what the fuck are you talking about...seriously...the Finals start Tuesday. If the team that has spent several million more than the other team loses, then all your bullshit is weak. If the money wins then still your bullshit is weak. Who the fuck did you root for in 2006?

21+20+9+50=4 Rings
05-31-2011, 01:20 AM
_Irk NoRINGski doesn't deserve shit.

Did anybody see the way he blew off the announcer after their game 5 win? Duncan has too much class to ever do something like that.

pass1st
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Kidd and Nash are the most deserving players in the league to me, so I'd like to see it go to Mavs.

shelshor
05-31-2011, 10:36 AM
So many American Airlines basketball arenas, so few meteorites