PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate tony parker so far

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 09:06 PM
In the postseason only, how to you rate his performance to date?

I think he is key to the finals, and ive always thought he was the key to every game ever since last season.

What do you all think?

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I think he's just "good"

Not choking, but not excellent.

duncan_21
06-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I think he's a solid pg. He needs to do 3 things.

1. work on his jump shot. if he does this his offensive game completely opens up as well as offense for his teammates
2. He needs to get stronger
3. He needs to work on his passing

If he does this he can be considered a top 3 or 4 pg.

Dre_7
06-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, 3 people think he sucked???

He was big in several "W's" for the Spurs. He may have had some bad games, but the Spurs would not be in the finals if it werent for Tony!!!

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
E. Decent but nothing spectacular. Still inconsistent.

SouthernFried
06-08-2005, 09:41 PM
He's done too much disappearing to be labelled good. But, he's played good enough to not say he's choked and sucked.

But, it all depends on the game.

Where's the "good game, bad game, good game, bad game" option??

Dre_7
06-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Where's the "good game, bad game, good game, bad game" option??

^:lmao

Come on Tony! Just have at least 4 good games!!!!!!!!!!!

T Park
06-08-2005, 09:51 PM
He's done too much disappearing to be labelled good

other than 3 and 4 VS Seattle.

What other games?!

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
other than 3 and 4 VS Seattle.

What other games?!

What playoffs have you been watching? He has had bad games in every series.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Brew.... if he dropped 50 a night you would complain about how long it takes him to walk the ball up the court.

Gatita
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
I haven't been impressed. For all the hype about Tony, nope not one bit.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Somewhere between B and C, but I voted for B.

Sense
06-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Let's hope he shows up in the playoffs...and I'll guarantee he'll do that..

He'll get excited.

SouthernFried
06-08-2005, 10:18 PM
"Inconsistent" would have won this poll hands down.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
id rate him excellent
great stats, great record
just needs to stop getting called for traveling
what more do you want, he's the greatest spurs pg ive ever seen

Kori Ellis
06-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Parker is averaging 18.7 ppg in the postseason. Sure, he needs to hit his freethrows and become more consistent in his jumpshooting. But Spurs fans are a little spoiled when over 18 ppg in the postseason = "Sucked, choking".

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 10:22 PM
what more do you want, he's the greatest spurs pg ive ever seen

i think most people who are x-core ginobili fans always are a little too hard on parkertime

i gave him a B

He is still inconsistent, but he's almost as young as me so..

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Brew.... if he dropped 50 a night you would complain about how long it takes him to walk the ball up the court.

Wrong.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
But Spurs fans are a little spoiled when over 18 ppg in the postseason = "Sucked, choking".

:lol so true

It will be amazing if he ends up averaging 20 ppg for the playoffs...I think its possible just unexpected..

JoeChalupa
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
I think Tony is growing as a player and he will do well but expect him falter from time to time.

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2005, 10:35 PM
18 ppg sounds good on paper. But it's misleading. That 18 ppg has been coming in the form of 28 points on one night and 12 the next.

Still inconsistent.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
that would be the shit if he always got 28 then 12 the 28 then 12

and by some mathematical paradox it would actually avg out to be 20ppg not 18

IceColdBrewski
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
that would be the shit if he always got 28 then 12 the 28 then 12

and by some mathematical paradox it would actually avg out to be 20ppg not 18

I just knew some anal jackass was going to bring that up. Thanx for the math lesson. Dork. :rolleyes

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
i knew what you meant man

anyway just looking at it our positionteamvbookiecashandpostcount are nearly indentical

me and bill gates average net worth is like 8 billion

picnroll
06-08-2005, 10:47 PM
E. Decent but nothing spectacular. Still inconsistent.

So which PG apart from one and out Iverson has had a better, more consistnet post season than Parker? Maybe MVP Nash until he ran into the Spurs where Parker played him to a draw.

CyberSnake
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
The kid is doing just great at this stage in his career, he's not even in his prime yet and he's already being mentioned as one of the top PGs in the league. I say the kid is right on track and the best is yet to come.
I wonder if Larry Brown would've started him his rookie year, as much as he dislikes rooks..
Keep up the good work Tony!

5ToolMan
06-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Some Spurs fans are:
A) Hard to Please.
B) Really Stupid.
C) Both the Above.

Psst ... its hoops you ESPN breed pea brains. Guard play will always be more "inconsistant" than the play of your interior players. Check the 60 years of history, if you hope to gain a clue on the game.

When a guard, such as Iverson, Jordan or Kobe is asked to carry a teams scoring load night in and night out, they will often be greatly inconsistant within a game. But shooting 30 times a game the odds give him a performance that still has many ESPN Highlights and "consistant" scoring, according to the casual viewer.

With Tim and Manu getting most of the load in the scoring , Tony simply does not get enough shots in a single game to overcome nights when his shots are not be falling. And as a point guard who is not supposed to be the teams leading scorer night in and night out, Tony plays very consistantly when he recognizes these nights and measures his play and contributes in several ways, as he has this entire playoffs.

I admit, Tony has not matched the consistanty of the haters punch drunk swinging without a clue. But hey, if you have been around these boards long enough, you realize the clueless are a tough act to follow. :drunk

rwb
06-09-2005, 12:49 AM
I have been happier with Tony this year than in the past two. I really see him getting better every year with his experience, plus he seems to feed off of Manu's fearlessness. I try not to be too hard on the guy, although I have to admit I see dollar signs every time he misses a free throw. But even Tim has off nights. I'm really hoping we can keep this core group of guys for a long time, because as good as they are now they're going to be awe-inspiring in a few more years.

adrien
06-09-2005, 03:32 AM
So which PG apart from one and out Iverson has had a better, more consistnet post season than Parker? Maybe MVP Nash until he ran into the Spurs where Parker played him to a draw.

I totally agree. Can someone name a PG that has not been inconsistent at least during 2-3 games in the Play Off?

Billups certainly has...

OM_fever
06-09-2005, 04:39 AM
Can't believe how harsh are some fans... always complaining about the fact that he is not consistent enough, doesn't have Hamilton mid range jump shot, not enough muscles...
So I suppose you would like another PG so far? Please give him credit for what he brings before pointing what he lacks. Above all, he works on his drawback & I'm shure will keep on improving year after year. Who did you want to have as PG? (fo course with the same salary...)
And it's true, on this board (which is really interesting & friendly) when Gino made a bad games, no thread created to complain, but when Parker missed one, we can read "chockers" "average"... please he is a great PG still improving, be happy to have sign him for so many years....