PDA

View Full Version : UFC 137: Nick Diaz VS BJ Penn

Pages : [1] 2

dbreiden83080
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lacy-Signs-to-Box-Diaz-This-Fall-32147

Former IBF super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy has signed on the dotted line to face reigning Strikeforce welterweight king Nick Diaz (Pictured; file photo) in a boxing match in 2011.

The bout, which will reportedly take place this fall, was first proposed last month by Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie. Though Gracie initially tried to book Fernando Vargas to face Diaz, a medical issue reportedly ruled Vargas out as a potential foe.

Sherdog.com received a release announcing the bout on Friday and confirmed the news with Gracie shortly thereafter.

As per his contract with Strikeforce, Diaz is allowed to participate in one boxing match in 2011. Gracie confirmed the bout is set unless UFC president Dana White offers Diaz a fight with UFC welterweight king Georges St. Pierre.

“Yes, [the fight is on], unless Dana offers GSP as an alternate sacrifice,” Gracie said.

Lacy, 33, comes off three losses in his last four fights. The former 168-pound IBF king suffered the first defeat of his career in 2006, when he was outpointed by Joe Calzaghe. Though “Left Hook” rebounded with three straight wins, he began his current skid in 2008, losing by unanimous decision to Jermaine Taylor. Recently, the Florida native was outpointed by Roy Jones Jr. in 2009 and Dhafir Smith last year.

Diaz has been tearing up the Strikeforce welterweight division for the last two years. The Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt owns a 10-fight win streak and most recently finished top contender Paul Daley with a first-round TKO in April. Prior to that victory, the 27-year-old defended his title successfully against the likes of K.J. Noons and Evangelista Santos after winning the vacant strap by knocking out Dream champion Marius Zaromskis in January 2010.

“This is a very dangerous fight for both men. Stylistically, it is very intriguing,” promoter Don Chargin said in a statement. “I expected more resistance from fight fans and media in regards to this matchup, but it’s amazing as to the hundreds of calls and e-mails I’ve received from fans on both sides wanting to see this matchup take place. I’ve received more than a few inquiries from some other very high-profile boxers that want to step up and fight Nick. It’s been a real whirlwind.”

shyne
05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Dana better make this shit happen, I can't stand Nick Diaz want to see him get his ass kicked.

Hooks
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Does Diaz have a death wish or something?

Lacy is a massive SMW, probably the biggest out there. He's a crappy boxer but still has okay power. He's fallen of A LOT, but still I'd put my money on Lacy over ANY MMA fighter.

Lacy recently lost to a really crappy boxer in Dhafir Smith (24 wins, 20 losses), that must be why Diaz wants to fight him. I didn't get to see that fight but Lacy lost via UD, so I guess Diaz has some sort of chance if he keeps his hands up and stays on the outside.

Stringer_Bell
05-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Definitely a ploy for Dana to sign a GSP/Diaz fight sooner rather than later, but if it does go through then Diaz would win a decision because he can eat punches and offers brutal body shots. Lacy wouldn't be as big a threat after getting worked to the body, it's hard to keep pace even in a punching only match.

Hooks
05-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Definitely a ploy for Dana to sign a GSP/Diaz fight sooner rather than later, but if it does go through then Diaz would win a decision because he can eat punches and offers brutal body shots. Lacy wouldn't be as big a threat after getting worked to the body, it's hard to keep pace even in a punching only match.

Diaz has never fought against a pro boxer, boxers train to take and give punches. Based on your statement you have no idea how big of a gap there is in boxing's stand up vs. MMA's stand up. MMA's best stand up fighters would get absolutely destroyed by a B level boxer in a boxing match (including Silva). MMA fighters can't take punches like boxers can nor can they throw like boxers can. Diaz's punches won't do anything to Lacy at all. Most MMA fighters will go down after they get hit with a decent punch, and Lacy punches pretty hard, I'd take his power over any MMA fighter at 168.

Diaz's only hope of winning this fight is by taking no power punches and staying on the outside which there is a very small chance of happening.

Example of a D level boxer being able to take punches, Nishijima is only a cruiser weight (190lbs) in boxing but here he is taking punishment from a HW K-1 fighter. How many other MMA fighters do you think could take punches like this? (This fight took place right after Hunt defeated Cro Cop)

I know this isn't MMA, I'm just showing you how even a d level boxer's chin stands up when transferred to another sport. How many MMA fighters do you think could take punishment like this?

Pxx4F7eY-2Q

polandprzem
05-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Yea well Diaz wants the money and he said he does not wants to fight the cometition he has there in Strikeforce.
he wants to be at the top and he wants money.

GSP will rather stay at 170 and won't challenge Silva ...

dbreiden83080
05-07-2011, 11:40 AM
MMA's best stand up fighters would get absolutely destroyed by a B level boxer in a boxing match (including Silva).]

I'm no fan of Silva and he is not beating A-Level boxers but this is not true IMO. Silva made Forrest a guy who traded punches with Rampage Jackson for 5 rds look silly and lost on the feet before knocking him out in highlight reel fashion.. Silva has reflexes and instincts on the feet like nobody in MMA. Obviously his kicks are out in boxing but his timing is just amazing..

Hooks
05-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm no fan of Silva and he is not beating A-Level boxers but this is not true IMO. Silva made Forrest a guy who traded punches with Rampage Jackson for 5 rds look silly and lost on the feet before knocking him out in highlight reel fashion.. Silva has reflexes and instincts on the feet like nobody in MMA. Obviously his kicks are out in boxing but his timing is just amazing..

I never thought of Forrest as an elite striker, honestly his stand up looks amateurish to me, his wide, slow telegraphed punches are so easy to counter it's not even funny. Rampage is the same thing, Silva only looks good because of the crappy stand up by MMA fighters. It's VERY hard to transition from one sport to the other, their stand up is almost nothing alike.

Silva tried boxing in '98 and got KO'd by a really bad boxer, this guy:

xm8QziO78dw

And then tried it in 2005 (A couple months before he defeated Franklin) and looked pretty bad, he fought an unknown boxer fighting his first pro fight from Brazil. He won via TKO in round 2 but he couldn't do the stuff he did in MMA he didn't look very impressive at all, go ahead and look up the fight on youtube, I'm pretty sure the guy's name is Julio De Jesus:

Dt1GcBeYUmY

dbreiden83080
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I never thought of Forrest as an elite striker, honestly his stand up looks amateurish to me, his wide, slow telegraphed punches are so easy to counter it's not even funny. Rampage is the same thing, Silva only looks good because of the crappy stand up by MMA fighters. It's VERY hard to transition from one sport to the other, their stand up is almost nothing alike.

Elite boxer or elite striker? 2 very different things. Page has good wrestling but he never uses it anymore. He just stands and bangs. He could stand and KO any boxer IMO if he is allowed to use his knees and kicks, work in the clinch etc.. The way you stand in MMA is so different than boxing because you have to worry about leg kicks and TDD. I think Silva has the timing to hang and beat up most B level boxers at this stage of his career where he is clearly the best he has ever been. An A level boxer no he would get killed as they would get killed if they stood with him and Silva used all of his weapons..

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
lol diaz is an idiot

Hooks
05-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Elite boxer or elite striker? 2 very different things. Page has good wrestling but he never uses it anymore. He just stands and bangs. He could stand and KO any boxer IMO if he is allowed to use his knees and kicks, work in the clinch etc.. The way you stand in MMA is so different than boxing because you have to worry about leg kicks and TDD. I think Silva has the timing to hang and beat up most B level boxers at this stage of his career where he is clearly the best he has ever been. An A level boxer no he would get killed as they would get killed if they stood with him and Silva used all of his weapons..

Puncher, whatever. His technique just seems very poor and his punches are very slow.

Silva's "timing" is the result of MMA fighters telegraphing their punches, they do something before hand that gives away what they're going to do in boxing you learn to eliminate that. Pretty much any boxer could do what Silva does, as they train for it. B level boxers are still very good fighters, it's just that A level fighters are soooo good that they're will destroy you if you make a single mistake. It's ridiculous how good guys like Mayweather are, they only throw shots they know they're going to hit you with. If you want to see a GREAT example of being able to time your opponent just watch Kotelnik-Alexander, Kotelnik isn't strong, fast or anything like that but his timing is top notch, he's a B level fighter too. He just doesn't time one punch, he times almost all of what Alexander was throwing at him. Mayweather-Marquez is another example.

In boxing you learn how to slip punches, punch from different angles, use the ring to your advantage, time your opponent's punches, force them to fight your type of fight, stay on the outside and the inside, so much stuff, it's a very hard sport.

Anyways I heard that Diaz got absolutely spanked in a sparring session vs. Omar Henry (Junior Middle weight 154 and 5'9). Henry started boxing in '08 and stopped in '10 to pursue a career in MMA, he's currently training with the Gracies or something, this kid could be very dangers in MMA imo. His pro boxing record is 10-0 with 8 Ko's against a bunch of nobodies, dude is 24 years old btw.

I didn't get to see the video because the person who put it on youtube set it on private because it was getting too many negative comments about Diaz lol (Well that's what Henry said on his twitter), I heard that Diaz got his ass whooped though, they said he was super slow and got hit a lot, they said his boxing is very poor.

He just might not last more that 2 rounds if he's really that bad, idk though. I heard that in Lacy's last fight against some really bad journeyman he got dominated.

ace3g
05-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Could Be Announced As Early As Next Week http://bit.ly/lItFUY #ufc #ufc140 #gsp #diaz

dbreiden83080
05-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Could Be Announced As Early As Next Week http://bit.ly/lItFUY #ufc #ufc140 #gsp #diaz

Big Big Fight...

shyne
05-20-2011, 09:22 PM

Good I can't wait to see that piece of shit Diaz get his ass kicked. I guess Dana showed him the money since thats all he seems to care about.

ace3g
05-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Business as usual...

dallaskd
05-22-2011, 02:12 PM
good shit.. fight is going to happen. GSP and Silva will win and we finally get the mega fight and a permanent move to 185 by Georges.

polandprzem
05-22-2011, 02:48 PM
good shit.. fight is going to happen. GSP and Silva will win and we finally get the mega fight and a permanent move to 185 by Georges.

Ya think?

It all seems like GSP does not want to go up and Anderson will prob retire in 2012.
And well he will lose to Okami anyway so I do not bother.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Ya think?

It all seems like GSP does not want to go up and Anderson will prob retire in 2012.

After Diaz i don't know what the hell GSP is gonna do at WW anymore?? Rematch's are all that's left so he better seriously think about 85..

dallaskd
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Ya think?

Anderson will be retired by 2013, guaranteed. I just don't see what GSP would want anymore at 170 tbh..

dbreiden83080
05-22-2011, 03:45 PM
If GSP expects to keep getting big contracts from the UFC he needs huge big event fights the next 2-3 years..

That means MW fights..

polandprzem
05-22-2011, 04:52 PM
After Diaz i don't know what the hell GSP is gonna do at WW anymore?? Rematch's are all that's left so he better seriously think about 85..

Yup I said it before. That after he beats [if] Jake Shields, there is absolutely nobody at 170 to challenge the guy and he needs to move up.
Now Nick will try to make it tough for GSP.

IDK I want this fight to be made as quick as possible.

The thing with GSP is when he was asked about 185 he never seemed to be positive about it /moving up/. So I do not know if he wants this.

Anyway there are new young guys at 170.

I mean really. Silva was fighting Cote and Leites for example.
GSP got way far better competition IMO.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Yup I said it before. That after he beats [if] Jake Shields, there is absolutely nobody at 170 to challenge the guy and he needs to move up.
Now Nick will try to make it tough for GSP.

IDK I want this fight to be made as quick as possible.

The thing with GSP is when he was asked about 185 he never seemed to be positive about it /moving up/. So I do not know if he wants this.

Anyway there are new young guys at 170.

I mean really. Silva was fighting Cote and Leites for example.
GSP got way far better competition IMO.

I think any champ that is dominating for a long time has to face the questions about competition. Roy Jones JR made it look easy for years, to the point that people felt as if he was not taking enough chances. He eventually went up to HW and then hurt his career by trying to go back down (GSP has actually discussed this about Jones)

But regardless of the young guys coming up after the Diaz fight 90% of the talk will be "time to go up GSP". I don't think the UFC has pushed him hard on this yet, but post Diaz i expect it to happen..

dbreiden83080
05-22-2011, 06:19 PM
This would be GSP's 7th defense of the title a UFC WW Record

And he has been champ for 4 years now..

dallaskd
05-23-2011, 01:15 AM
point is.. he needs to move up before he gets matt serra'd again

ace3g
05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Promoter says Nick Diaz no longer set to box, Dana White insists UFC bout not guaranteed http://bit.ly/iBaGs3

dbreiden83080
05-23-2011, 03:12 PM
"We will see," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "There are still a lot of hurdles."

LMFAO

Like what? Tearing up his SF deal and giving him a fair UFC wage.. Dana is such a clown..

ace3g
05-23-2011, 03:39 PM
UFC NEWS "RUMOR: St. Pierre and Diaz To Coach Ultimate Fighter" on BJPENN.COM: http://ning.it/kRnf89

dbreiden83080
05-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I heard this last night. For the UFC it makes sense. They wanted Bisping and Chael but it's not gonna happen because of his commission issues. He needed that worked out by June 5th and his latest set-back would mean the UFC would have to pull back the taping. And there is no guarantee Chael gets another license this summer. He may still be fucked for a whole year...

I also read that while GSP liked coaching TUF he was not thrilled with the idea of doing it again so soon.. But this seems likely to me..

ace3g
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Dana White tweeted: U wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

LakerHater
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=dana.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

ace3g
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Diaz signed a new multi-fight, multi-year contract with Zuffa on Tuesday, which allows him to compete in either UFC or Strikeforce events.

per Josh Gross of ESPN twitter

dbreiden83080
06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
great great fight

Should be a war...

WAR GSP!!!

strosFan2
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
great great fight

Should be a war...

WAR GSP!!!

I 2nd that! :toast

polandprzem
06-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Zuffa contract

Interesting

Diaz is dangerous everywhere. He is not as strong as Shields but he always goes forward. lets see if GSP can use it and finish the guy. Let's see if Nick if he will bring it to GSP can force him to fight, not just stick to gameplans

desflood
06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I've been kind of burned out on mma lately; with the exception of the occasional individual fight, the last few ppv's have been pretty blah. This, however, is what I needed to get things back on track. This is exciting. It's Randy Couture/Tim Sylvia all over again.

Sense
06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm not excited at all... I hate Nick and I really really really think he's overrated... but I guess if GSP has no one else to fight, it will be nice to see him beat Diaz's ass.

The TroutBum
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Meh.

Diaz is a bitch. GSP will obliterate him.

ace3g
06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
7-EopA7AwSk

9agqhi0Dab4

desflood
06-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the videos ace.

Meh.

Diaz is a bitch. GSP will obliterate him.
Nick Diaz is no bitch (he said so himself, ha ha) and GSP still holds himself back mentally. Diaz isn't going to do that. It might make the difference.

That's something I never understood about Rush - how such a physical badass could have so many doubts about his ability. If he truly understood what he was capable of there would be no decisions in his career.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the videos ace.

Nick Diaz is no bitch (he said so himself, ha ha) and GSP still holds himself back mentally. Diaz isn't going to do that. It might make the difference.

That's something I never understood about Rush - how such a physical badass could have so many doubts about his ability. If he truly understood what he was capable of there would be no decisions in his career.

GSP will be pushed in this fight for sure. One of the reasons i am looking forward to it so much. GSP will be favored but should not be hugely favored as Diaz is a great fighter with a warrior spirit.

The TroutBum
06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
GSP will be pushed in this fight for sure. One of the reasons i am looking forward to it so much. GSP will be favored but should not be hugely favored as Diaz is a great fighter with a warrior spirit.

I am willing to bet a 6 month signature on GSP knocking Diaz out or submitting him in decimating fashion.

Anyone?

desflood
06-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I am willing to bet a 6 month signature on GSP knocking Diaz out or submitting him in decimating fashion.

Anyone?
It must be the beer doing the thinking for me, but I'll take that bet.

The TroutBum
06-08-2011, 10:35 PM
It must be the beer doing the thinking for me, but I'll take that bet.

Oh yes... Can a Mod sticky this or something?

I can see it now, a picture of Florian having gay sex with Brock and the caption, "The TroutBum owns this ass!"

Kinky.

desflood
06-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh yes... Can a Mod sticky this or something?

I can see it now, a picture of Florian having gay sex with Brock and the caption, "The TroutBum owns this ass!"

Kinky.
:lol

Go ahead - you have all the time in the world to think of something nasty that suits you. Have fun with that.

ace3g
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Nick Diaz Vacates Belt To Face GSP at UFC 137, Strikeforce Will Crown New Welterweight Champion http://ht.ly/5en2S #MMA #UFC #Strikeforce

ace3g
06-29-2011, 01:33 AM
piL4ByIi7Mo&feature=player_embedded

* should change title of this thread to : UFC 137: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

dbreiden83080
06-29-2011, 01:54 PM
piL4ByIi7Mo&feature=player_embedded

* should change title of this thread to : UFC 137: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

Will do..

ace3g
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
j3QSfWNt2yc&feature=player_embedded

Rip-Hamilton32
07-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm taking Diaz, he can do damage with his jab and fight off his back, George doesn't finish guys so it gives Diaz a lot more chances to catch him

dbreiden83080
07-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm taking Diaz, he can do damage with his jab and fight off his back, George doesn't finish guys so it gives Diaz a lot more chances to catch him

Good fight but GSP has too much for him.. Catching GSP in a sub ain't happening and Nick is gonna get grappled to death..

Rip-Hamilton32
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Good fight but GSP has too much for him.. Catching GSP in a sub ain't happening and Nick is gonna get grappled to death..

Hughes caught George when he was young, no doubt hes better now then before but Diaz is also 10x better at JJ then Hughes ever was

dbreiden83080
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Hughes caught George when he was young, no doubt hes better now then before but Diaz is also 10x better at JJ then Hughes ever was

No it isn't.. Not at all. Diaz is a brawler.. Name me one top fighter he ever tapped out?? And from his back no less.. If that is his plan this is gonna be one easy fight for GSP.. He wants to KO GSP. On the ground he'll have nothing for him.. GSP raped Penn on the ground.. Penn is a BJJ world champ..

Scramble throw

Scramble throw

That's Diaz plan..

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-04-2011, 10:37 PM
this could be the first ppv i have ordered in quite a while
i know G.S.Pepe le pew will win in a descision, but i would love to see Diaz walk through him

Stringer_Bell
07-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Diaz has stated before that he wants to fight people with gameplans because he can't just keep taking/eating shots to the head for MMA pay. Obviously, GSP isn't going to knock him out - so GSP's best bet is to get him to the ground. But what then? Diaz's closed guard won't exactly make advancing position on him a cakewalk.

I'm sorry Db, but this fight will either be a snoozer or Diaz getting the knockout. I"m not worried about submissions from either guy, and I think GSP is OVERALL much stronger and quicker than Diaz - but he won't be finished by GSP.

All I care about is Condit vs Diaz at some point.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2011, 11:45 PM
If GSP can beat the shit out of Penn, Serra, Fitch on the ground than Diaz is gonna get the same treatment.. His TDD sucks.. I think it's a good fight because of Diaz's striking and fighting spirit but on the ground GSP is gonna own him.. GSP had fear of Shields JJ, that won't happen in this fight.. He'll GNP Diaz and bust him up..

The TroutBum
07-05-2011, 01:46 AM
LOL @ anyone who thinks Diaz has a snowballs chance in Lucifer's ass hole.

Two words: STRIKEFORCE CHAMPION*

*Almost as bad as making the D-League allstar team. (almost)

polandprzem
07-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I can bet that GSP will finish Diaz

The TroutBum
07-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I can bet that GSP will finish Diaz

How about that -- we actually agree on something!

ace3g
07-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Per UFC twitter:

Hatsu Hioki will make his UFC debut Oct 29 against Mr. Spoiler himself, @GeorgeRoop at UFC 137

ace3g
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Roy Nelson vs. Mirko Cro Cop on Deck for UFC 137 in October http://ht.ly/5DQDq #MMA #UFC #UFC137

The TroutBum
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Roy Nelson vs. Mirko Cro Cop on Deck for UFC 137 in October http://ht.ly/5DQDq #MMA #UFC #UFC137

Hell yes!

ace3g
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/157/9/a/ufc_137_poster_teaser_by_nogueirian-d3hvalo.jpghttp://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/207/2/e/ufc_137_poster_by_aronian-d41r8oe.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/244/8/0/ufc_137_poster_2_by_aronian-d48ldwo.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit (for UFC welterweight title)
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson
Hatsu Hioki vs. George Roop

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Donald Cerrone vs. Dennis Siver
Tyson Griffin vs. Bart Palaszewski

PRELIMINARY CARD

Tim Credeur vs. Brad Tavares
Jeff Curran vs. Scott Jorgensen
Eliot Marshall vs. Brandon Vera
Danny Downes vs. Ramsey Nijem
Chris Camozzi vs. Francis Carmont

dbreiden83080
07-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Are these your's ACE?

ace3g
07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
no, posters from deviant art

dbreiden83080
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
They are awesome..

ace3g
07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Sources: Mitrione, Kongo to fight at UFC 137 - http://es.pn/qhMChg

dbreiden83080
07-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Sources: Mitrione, Kongo to fight at UFC 137 - http://es.pn/qhMChg

Hope Kongo murders him..

Finally a test for Meat-Head..

ace3g
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Carlos Condit vs. B.J. Penn Targeted as Co-Main Event for UFC 137: St-Pierre vs. Diaz Card http://ht.ly/5FOjG #UFC #UFC137

The TroutBum
07-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Carlos Condit vs. B.J. Penn Targeted as Co-Main Event for UFC 137: St-Pierre vs. Diaz Card http://ht.ly/5FOjG #UFC #UFC137

Holy fuck, yes!

WAR CONDIT!

dbreiden83080
07-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Pray for no injuries

What a stacked card..

Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Nick Diaz[5]
Welterweight bout: BJ Penn vs. Carlos Condit[5]
Heavyweight bout : Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione[5]
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Sam Stout[6]
Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Roy Nelson[5]
Featherweight bout: George Roop vs. Hatsu Hioki[5]

ace3g
07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Also at UFC 137, a light heavyweight matchup has been verbally agreed to as Eliot "The Fire" Marshall will welcome Brandon "The Truth" Vera back to the Octagon.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?changeRegion=1

The TroutBum
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
This card seriously makes me moist.

WAR VERA!

dbreiden83080
07-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Also at UFC 137, a light heavyweight matchup has been verbally agreed to as Eliot "The Fire" Marshall will welcome Brandon "The Truth" Vera back to the Octagon.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?changeRegion=1

:lol

UFC trying to gift wrap a win for Vera..

ace3g
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Tim Credeur vs. Brad Tavares added to UFC 137 in Las Vegas http://bit.ly/rrrTfZ

Bart Palaszewski vs. Tyson Griffin targeted for UFC 137 in Las Vegas http://bit.ly/rq8Oke

The TroutBum
07-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Tim Credeur vs. Brad Tavares added to UFC 137 in Las Vegas http://bit.ly/rrrTfZ

Bart Palaszewski vs. Tyson Griffin targeted for UFC 137 in Las Vegas http://bit.ly/rq8Oke

Can I say it again? Holy fuck!

If Frank Mir somehow ends up on this card, I might just die from multiple orgasms.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-21-2011, 01:50 AM
those are some big names. so tempting to order.

strosFan2
07-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Nick Diaz
Welterweight bout: BJ Penn vs. Carlos Condit
Heavyweight bout : Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Sam Stout
Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Roy Nelson
Featherweight bout: George Roop vs. Hatsu Hioki
Tim Credeur vs. Brad Tavares

Updated fight card...UFC putting together great fights for the fall fight cards!

ace3g
07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Danny Downes vs. Ramsey Nijem Slated for UFC 137 http://sbn.to/qbocEh

ace3g
07-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Returning vet Jeff Curran meets Scott Jorgensen at UFC 137
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24570/returning-vet-jeff-curran-meets-scott-jorgensen-at-ufc-137.mma

ace3g
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Sam Stout withdraws from UFC 137 http://mmajunkie.com/news/25002/sam-stout-withdraws-from-ufc-137.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

Donald Cerrone replaces Sam Stout
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/6907493/lightweight-donald-cerrone-replaces-sam-stout-ufc-137

This will be Cerrone's 4th fight this year, and another one he has taken on short notice to replace an injured fighter. War Cowboy!!!!

2A5T0ZihM2A&feature=player_embedded

ace3g
09-01-2011, 12:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/UFC_137_Poster.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-01-2011, 10:00 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298434_10150363193956276_46299886275_10520033_8346 _n.jpg

desflood
09-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Anyone?
Okay, since this is coming up and we've got this thing going, you need to clarify exactly what you mean by "decimating". I have to assume that by using that word that any regular, boring old sub will not qualify the sig bet.

ace3g
09-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Fans invited to Wednesday's UFC 137 press conference at Mandalay Bay Events Center

With tickets set to go on sale this week for October's "UFC 137: St-Pierre vs. Diaz" event, UFC brass is inviting the night's main event participants to Las Vegas for a special open-to-the-public press conference.

UFC officials today announced the presser, which takes place Wednesday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

The same venue hosts the Oct. 29 pay-per-view event, which also sees B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC) face Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in the evening's co-feature.

UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and ex-Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) are both scheduled to appear at the press conference, as is UFC president Dana White.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25093/fans-invited-to-wednesdays-ufc-137-press-conference-at-mandalay-bay-events-center.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

dallaskd
09-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Diaz is a brawler.. Name me one top fighter he ever tapped out?? And from his back no less

lmao u serious? he tapped Gomi with a gogoplata off his back. Gomi was the #1 LW in the world at the time

dbreiden83080
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
lmao u serious? he tapped Gomi with a gogoplata off his back. Gomi was the #1 LW in the world at the time

Hey it's Dallas.. Anyone remember him??

ace3g
09-06-2011, 05:57 PM
UFC 137's Diaz no-shows Canadian presser, manager promises he'll attend Vegas'

It certainly looks like Nick Diaz doesn't want to play ball.

The former Strikeforce welterweight champion and upcoming UFC title-challenger no-showed a press conference today in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where he and welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre were supposed to answer questions from the media about their UFC 137 bout.

"Nick is extremely happy about the opportunity to fight GSP, but old habits die hard," Diaz manager Cesar Gracie today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

St-Pierre showed and complained that Diaz's absence was unfair because he had interrupted his training camp to attend the press event, according to a report today in the "Winnipeg Free Press."

Gracie said his fighter's absence is regrettable, but he also said Diaz will be in attendance for a press conference held Wednesday in Las Vegas.

"Nick is going to be there tomorrow, and we'll go from there," he said.

UFC 137 takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The main card, which St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) vs. Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) headlines, airs live on pay-per-view.

Of course, the no-show comes as little to surprise to those familiar with Diaz's relationship with the press. The former Strikeforce fighter no-showed a conference call for the first defense of his title, a rematch with former EliteXC titleholder K.J. Noons.

"Nick doesn't really do the conference calls with a guy he's fighting; he just never has," Gracie then told reporters. "It's just not in his psyche. He's too busy training right now to answer any questions."

UFC president Dana White often has lamented Diaz's inability to "play the game," and during a meeting that eventually would produce a UFC contract and booking against St-Pierre, he tried to broach the topic.

But even White couldn't predict whether he'd gotten through.

"That is the million-dollar question, my friend," White said. "I sat down, and I talked to him, and we'll see how that went."

Fans are invited to Wednesday's presser, which takes place at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT local time) at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25110/ufc-137s-diaz-no-shows-presser-manager-promises-hell-attend-wednesdays-in-vegas.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

dbreiden83080
09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Diaz is a nut-case

No shock..

Rip-Hamilton32
09-06-2011, 11:44 PM
he hates the media no big deal

benefactor
09-07-2011, 06:00 AM
A Diaz being an asshole? I've never heard of such.

ace3g
09-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Here is the link to the presser: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-137-special-press-conference9711-at-4pm-et1pm-pt/780

Live on 9/7/11 at 4pm ET/1pm PT
----------------------------

12:16 p.m.

lorenzofertitta Lorenzo Fertitta
Anyone know where nick diaz is?

can also watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/ufc#p/l/ZNvFHpVXp2o

should start in a few minutes

Stringer_Bell
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Diaz lost his shot, Condit gets it!!!

FUCK YES, great fight too

ace3g
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
GSP vs Condit now!!!!!

Diaz didn't show for the presser, so Dana just pulled him from the fight

dTtfhYvQBUI

BlackSwordsMan
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
lol butthurt nigga dana white

dbreiden83080
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Diaz lost his shot, Condit gets it!!!

FUCK YES, great fight too

LMAO

WTF..

Diaz should be committed to the nut-house

Nick Diaz apparently wouldn’t play the game.

After a pair of no-shows at two press conferences on consecutive days, the former Strikeforce welterweight champion has been removed from his UFC 137 showdown with reigning UFC king Georges St. Pierre. In his stead, former WEC titleholder Carlos Condit will challenge St. Pierre.

“Nick Diaz has lost his opportunity at the welterweight championship, and Carlos Condit gets it,” said UFC President Dana White at a Tuesday press conference in Las Vegas, which Diaz failed to attend. “I’ve had my reservations with Nick Diaz for some time now. We haven’t heard from him. He hasn’t returned my calls. When we brought him in to sign to fight Georges, I told him that all purses he’s ever made up won’t add up to as much as he would make in this fight. But I told him I needed him to do certain things. You have to promote the fight. You have to show up for pressers. You can’t start fights at fights.”

Not surprisingly, Condit jumped at the opportunity when White called “The Natural Born Killer” to offer him a shot at the welterweight belt.

“When we called Carlos for this fight, he started crying and had to call us back 15 minutes later,” White said. “Condit deserves this shot. He’s the guy.”

Condit had originally been slated to face B.J. Penn at the Oct. 29 event. Penn is now left without an opponent, though White stated that he had a backup opponent in mind for the former two-division champion.

“I’m going to have one seriously pissed off Hawaiian I’m going to have to deal with,” said White, who declined to elaborate on his specific plans for Penn at the event.

Shortly after White informed the media that he had yet to hear back from Diaz’s trainer and manager, Cesar Gracie, the UFC box received a call from Gracie while standing at the podium.

“Cesar just said, ‘I agree with what you’re doing 100-percent. I’ve been trying to chase Nick Diaz all around town,’” White relayed.

Champ St. Pierre expressed his disbelief at the challenger’s absence, stating that, although he does not enjoy participating in press tours, he does it to honor his contract and his partners in promotion.

“I despise doing this. I don’t like the staredown, the face-to-face, the pictures, the click-click,” said St. Pierre. “I don’t like doing this, but I have to do it. It’s the contract. To promote the fight, you need three entities: the organization and the two fighters. And one fighter didn’t do his job. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, do it for your family. It’s a little bit selfish.”

When asked if he could have taken further measures to ensure that the notoriously apathetic Diaz would in fact make it to the Las Vegas presser, White asserted that he had confirmation of the fighter’s whereabouts before he unexpectedly took flight.

“Cesar Gracie had him in his house,” said White. “Nick snuck out the back door. Nobody has been able to find him. If I had known this would happen, I never would have made this fight. We’ve spent $15,000 in just flights for Nick Diaz in the last couple days. It’s a pretty big financial blow.”

ace3g
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
http://bit.ly/pnGfaE

The TroutBum
09-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Holy shit.

What a fucking ass pork. I seriously couldn't be happier with how this is going down. I LOVE me some Condit, and for the first time in a very long time, I'm rooting against GSP. Fucking boss, man.

ace3g
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Teammate protocols are pretty clear in this situation so everybody knows what happening. I step out, the other coaches -- John [Danaher], Phil [Nurse] and Firas [Zahabi] -- will take care of GSP and probably [Mike] Winkeljohn and some of the other guys here will take care of Carlos. But I step out of it, so I won't be cornering either guy. They'll fight each other. Those are the new teammate protocols. We knew this would be coming -- it will probably be coming again --but this time we are very well prepared

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/7/2411399/ufc-137-news-gsp-georges-st-pierre-vs-carlos-condit-greg-jackson-nick-diazerre-or-condit

Cesar Gracie reaction: http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/mma-trainer-cesar-gracie-reacts-to-nick-diaz

dbreiden83080
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Time to change the thread title..

Sense
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Diaz is not a professional, he didn't deserve this fight anyway...

I'll be rooting for Condit..

ace3g
09-07-2011, 08:51 PM
arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
Just spoke to Cesar again. He said he's located Diaz and he is fine. Diaz is disappointed the fight is off and surprised too. ...

He says Nick didn't feel comfortable doing all the media, which led to the no shows. Cesar respects the UFC's decision ...

but does think "it's kinda harsh." Both Nick and Cesar have talked to Dana since the presser. No news on what's next, but he's still in UFC

a4EbRnFn0Tg

dbreiden83080
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM
He doesn't show up to the presser but posts this dumb shit video..

Cut this tool-bag..

ace3g
09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
now I'm hearing rumors of Diaz fighting Penn....

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Dana is just butthurt that not everyone listens to him and he takes it personal why not fine the guy or reduce his pay? he still deserves the shot based on his record last i checked you didn't get title shots by talking to the media

Sense
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Dana is just butthurt that not everyone listens to him and he takes it personal why not fine the guy or reduce his pay? he still deserves the shot based on his record last i checked you didn't get title shots by talking to the media

I think Dana is trying to prove something... and he's letting him know he's no longer in the minors.. I applaud what he did, I honestly don't think Diaz deserved the shot just yet, and I think GSP would've beaten him just as easy as he's beaten the rest...

This gives the UFC some "drama" and he's gonna get his title shot in the future, and you better believe Diaz will be at the press conferences.. we'll see who it'll be against though..

ace3g
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
bjpenndotcom BJ PENN
Dana just offered me a deal I can't refuse.pretty sure I'm still fighting on Oct. 29th.

dbreiden83080
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
bjpenndotcom BJ PENN
Dana just offered me a deal I can't refuse.pretty sure I'm still fighting on Oct. 29th.

So Nick's reward is Penn and then a title shot if he wins still.. :lol

dbreiden83080
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM

This is from Diaz's own manager..

"I would have driven him to Vegas if it came to that. I don't care. He just turned his phone off and acted like a little kid."

"I don't blame Dana White on this at all," "This is a professional company, and Nick is a 28-year-old man."

ace3g
09-08-2011, 05:01 PM
UFC Signs Tristar Gym Product, Francis Carmont for UFC 137 Debut
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/8/2413017/ufc-signs-tristar-gym-product-francis-carmont-for-ufc-137-debut

ace3g
09-08-2011, 07:05 PM
danawhite Dana White
This is crazy but here we go again! You wanted it so you got it. Penn vs Diaz Oct 27th in Vegas

so maybe there was more to Diaz missing the flight, Dana got more info...

BlackSwordsMan
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
after diaz flying gogo plata's bj penn hes gonna outbox gsp
yay

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Nicks not huge but his size over BJ is whats going to help him win but BJ can strike with him unlike GSP

Stringer_Bell
09-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Carlos Condit
- Despite Condit being the toughest dude GSP has fought, I can see this ending in a submission in the championship rounds. Condit won't be able to stop the takedowns the entire fight, so he'll be training off his back a lot - I expect to see the most furious strikes from the bottom we've seen in a long time.
Welterweight bout: Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
- Finally, a fight where Diaz is going to engage someone with fighting intellect. This is going to be fun, and BJ wins by RNC in the 3rd round.
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione
- Meathead is too quick on his feet for Kongo, he might even get the flash KO.
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Mirko Filipović
- I love CroCop, but this is his retirement fight. Dana set it up to dismiss whichever fighter loses, so I hope it's somewhat exciting since one of these guys will be out of a job.
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Donald Cerrone
- Cerrone is going to outwork Siver all over the place, just watch.

ace3g
09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Some more info/quotes on the whole situation:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ApMOJMeT3GfN9tP2NXqJzaU9Eo14?slug=ki-iole_diaz_penn_ufc090911

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/We-know-there-8217-s-at-least-one-Diaz-fan-left;_ylt=AsOYTcwoGSoHQUTay6R65gg5nYcB?urn=mma-wp6716

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AqY8Q.28egwkoHwwpsFoot89Eo14?slug=ki-iole_ufc_stpierre_diaz_090711

0OW2JyQkVgA

ace3g
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
dbreiden83080 you can update your avatar again: http://video.ufc.tv/137/Event_Sched_Feature_02_UFC137_v3.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-10-2011, 04:16 PM
dbreiden83080 you can update your avatar again: http://video.ufc.tv/137/Event_Sched_Feature_02_UFC137_v3.jpg

Ha sweet....:toast

ace3g
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Chris Camozzi returns to octagon, meets Francis Carmont at UFC 137
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm ET

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25208/chris-camozzi-returns-to-octagon-meets-francis-carmont-at-ufc-137.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

dallaskd
09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey it's Dallas.. Anyone remember him??

so what your saying is... if it happened in Pride, it didnt happen

dbreiden83080
09-13-2011, 09:37 PM
so what your saying is... if it happened in Pride, it didnt happen

It's fuckin 2011

get over it already.. Read some of Chael Sonnen's thoughts.. Should put your mind at ease..

desflood
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Now Diaz is passing blame off to his trainers, the UFC, even GSP; it's everybody's fault but his. This is classic addict behavior - screw up, then pass the buck and play the victim.

Now the smokers are going to jump me about how pot isn't addictive - I've heard it all before, so don't bother. I'm not sayin' it's the weed, but he's been acting like an addict for years.

ace3g
09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/UFC_137_Poster_2.jpg

After GSP mess, will Diaz get another shot?

Conspiracy theorists were out in force after the UFC first ejected Nick Diaz from its planned UFC 137 main event, then hours later re-inserted him into the show’s co-featured attraction.

Depending on which message board commenter you asked, Diaz had either “chickened out” of his championship bout against Georges St. Pierre or the UFC was trying desperately to “protect” its popular welterweight titlist from certain defeat. Diaz himself seemed to buy into the latter, as he titled the YouTube video he posted after his removal from the card, “Looks like someone don’t want me to win!”

Early on, there were even rumors of a mysterious, phantom plane crash. So yeah, you could say there was a lot of misinformation zipping around out there.

Before Oliver Stone can get to work on a screenplay however, let’s be clear about a couple of things: Diaz’s ouster from the GSP match had nothing to do with the UFC trying to shelter its champion from a tough challenger or Diaz trying to duck a fight. Diaz simply told UFC brass he’d do one thing (in this case, attend a couple of news conferences) and then did another. Anybody who’s been around the fight company for any length of time knows perhaps the best way to find yourself rapidly unemployed is to lie to the UFC president. Just ask Todd Duffee.

No, the biggest puzzle here is not why the organization blew up Diaz vs. St. Pierre -- that part was perfectly justified -- but why the UFC still wants to have anything at all to do with Nick Diaz. If White can “never accept Diaz’s word” again as he’s said, why keep him around at all? And if he can’t be trusted with the responsibility of a UFC title shot, what happens if he beats B.J. Penn next month in Las Vegas?

About these things we can only speculate. White’s Friday interview with Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole didn’t shed a ton of light on how Diaz went from the brink of being out of a job to being back in a fight that will feature prominently on the UFC 137 pay-per-view, but it did at least give some clues about why the company still wants him.

“To tell you the truth, the excuses he gave me [for missing the news conferences] made no sense,” White told Iole. “You’ve interviewed Nick Diaz before. You know what I’m talking about. But I started thinking about this: This kid is a real fighter and I love the B.J. Penn-Nick Diaz fight. He always does show up to fight ... He told me he couldn’t handle the pressure of the main event. It wasn’t that he couldn’t fight it or wouldn’t have fought it, but all the responsibilities that come with fighting in the main event, he said he couldn’t deal with that.”

While that doesn’t exactly sound like a ringing endorsement, it does indicate that given some time to think it over UFC brass decided (despite the headaches) they are better off hanging onto Diaz than letting him go fight for someone else. Even still, if the Stockton bad boy manages to pull off the victory against Penn -- he opened as a slight underdog, according to oddsmakers -- then the UFC will have an even more interesting decision to make.

Perhaps with different expectations from everyone, a second attempt at a fight between Diaz and St. Pierre could still work. In fact, the storyline kind of books itself, as one of the UFC’s most favored sons would prepare to take on the troubled child who refuses to play by the company’s rules. Certainly, Diaz is still a very marketable fighter and, in a weird way, this latest debacle has arguably made him even more interesting to the fight-watching public. But will the UFC ever again have enough confidence in him to put him in such a high profile spot?

If it does, at least now the fight promotion knows it will have to do most of that aforementioned marketing itself. It’s certainly not going to get any help from Diaz.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4184

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0914/mma_e_hughes_576.jpg

Matt Hughes has enlisted the services of some old buddies ahead of his fight with Josh Koscheck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4171

desflood
09-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Matt Hughes has enlisted the services of some old buddies ahead of his fight with Josh Koscheck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4171
Never thought I'd cheer for Koscheck, but Matt Hughes is one of those people that I just wish would fall off the face of the earth.

dbreiden83080
09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Now Diaz is passing blame off to his trainers, the UFC, even GSP; it's everybody's fault but his. This is classic addict behavior - screw up, then pass the buck and play the victim.

Now the smokers are going to jump me about how pot isn't addictive - I've heard it all before, so don't bother. I'm not sayin' it's the weed, but he's been acting like an addict for years.

All Diaz had to do was pick up the damn phone when Dana was calling his ass about no showing the Toronto presser.. If he showed his bosses even a little bit of enthusiasm about the fight he'd still be head-lining..

dallaskd
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
It's fuckin 2011

get over it already.. Read some of Chael Sonnen's thoughts.. Should put your mind at ease..

so because its 2011 and it happened in Pride, Nick diaz never tapped Gomi from his back?

dbreiden83080
09-15-2011, 06:26 PM
so because its 2011 and it happened in Pride, Nick diaz never tapped Gomi from his back?

Someone find this man a Chael Sonnen quote

Fast...

ace3g
09-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Penn, UFC squabble via Internet vids

Just what UFC 137 needed, more drama …

You might have assumed the UFC’s Oct. 29 event in Las Vegas had already filled its quota for tomfoolery after Nick Diaz’s antics got him bounced out of a fight against Georges St. Pierre and into one with B.J. Penn last week; especially after longtime scribe Dave Meltzer cited anonymous sources on Thursday telling his Wrestling Observer newsletter that Diaz was also considering withdrawing from his consolation fight against Penn as recently as Monday.

Unfortunately, the theatrics were not quite finished.

Witness Penn and the UFC swapping allegedly incriminating Internet videos these past few days, with first Penn, then the company president, then Penn again releasing short clips of the former multi-divisional champ either saying or not saying bad things about Diaz at the behest of UFC interviewers. Or, not at their behest. Depending on your point of view.

It started this week when Penn posted a YouTube video of himself sitting shirtless by a hot tub, telling a reporter from Shoot Media that representatives from the fight company had pressured him to bury Diaz during filming for an upcoming “Countdown” special. Penn said he was uncomfortable with the interview because he respects Diaz as a former training partner and didn’t want to trash him.

“It was crazy …,” Penn said. “At the end of the whole thing, they forced me to say, 'You gotta say Nick Diaz's name now, you gotta say his name.' And I was like, 'What?' They were like, 'Say you're gonna beat Nick Diaz. Say you're going to beat Nick Diaz.' And I said, 'I'm going to beat Nick Diaz.’ I wish, if I was really being more smart, I would have said, ‘At UFC 137 my hand will be raised ...’

“At the end of the day,” Penn added moments later, “we’ve got to fight. I have to do a fight at UFC 137 and I just don’t want it to be built up off BS.”

While we still don’t know exactly why those particular words bothered Penn so much (as a professional MMA fighter he does believe he’s going to beat Diaz, right?), hackles were clearly raised in the front office. UFC President Dana White quickly released his own video to the popular MMA Underground forum, showing “uncut” outtakes from Penn’s “Countdown” segment where an off-camera interviewer simply asks him to include the date of the UFC 137 pay-per-view as he monotones, “On Oct. 29, I will defeat Nick Diaz.”

After dropping that fairly innocuous statement, Penn cracks a smile and asks someone off camera: “Did you guys need that to make sure he signs the contract?”

So yeah, that little jab seemed worse than the "forced" trash talk Penn was mad about in the first place.

As if those two video releases didn’t read like some sort of subtle joke about the way the MMA news cycle normally operates, Penn’s people put out a third video on Friday showing a different interview, from a different fight (reportedly against Kenny Florian) wherein a UFC interviewer (jokingly, maybe) tells him to: “Hype the fight ... tell me you’re going to beat the s--- out of [Florian] and then kill Anderson [Silva] right afterward.”

To this, Penn laughs, albeit uncomfortably. And yeah, it comes off a little weird, though any statement implying Penn should call out the UFC middleweight champion can’t really be taken seriously. Did Penn’s people successfully underscore their point that the UFC occasionally massages the way fighters state things in the name of "hyping" a fight? Sure, but the sometimes painfully scripted black-and-white interviews that routinely kick off UFC PPVs have made that clear for years.

So what did we accomplish here? Not a lot. The entire video exchange was so strange -- and in many ways typical -- that it’s hard to tell who is right and who is wrong, or what they’re really even arguing about. If nothing else, the true irony may be that, in Penn’s desire to avoid any “BS” in promoting his fight with Diaz, this fracas sort of just adds another layer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post?id=4264

The TroutBum
09-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I was planning on rooting for Penn for the first time in my life -- that lazy fucking poly-trash faggot -- simply because I'd rather cheer for a bucket of horse shit than a Diaz... but things change. I hate Baby Jane way more than the Diaz sisters; mostly because the Diaz queers are about to become 100% irrelevant.

dallaskd
09-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Someone find this man a Chael Sonnen quote

Fast...

so you admit you were wrong?

dbreiden83080
09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
so you admit you were wrong?

For more information on Pride you can call Chael Sonnen directly..

iSUpFiTIMSg

dallaskd
09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
ok so you admit your post about diaz was stupid as shit

dbreiden83080
09-23-2011, 07:29 PM
ok so you admit your post about diaz was stupid as shit

With every single post you are admitting that you are fuckin obsessed with me princess..

dallaskd
09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
lol @ your homo erotic posts for ace

dbreiden83080
09-23-2011, 08:08 PM
lol @ your homo erotic posts for ace

Who's following who around like a love-sick little troll? :lol

ace3g
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
gKitR4BYQmA&feature=player_embedded

dbreiden83080
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
gKitR4BYQmA&feature=player_embedded

:toast

The TroutBum
10-11-2011, 09:37 AM
One of the greatest cards of all time.

polandprzem
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
wdnKzrxWHb0&feature=related

KwK_uPlngKs&NR=1

ace3g
10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

- Have to go with GSP but wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the toughest title defenses for him.

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
- Many people hate him, not exactly a big fan myself, but he has a great chin and BJJ.

- Big Country!!!

- Lets see if he is worth all the hype

- Cerrone deserves to be in the LW Title picture.

strosFan2
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn

ace3g
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
feFd8VzTY6c&feature=player_profilepage

dbreiden83080
10-15-2011, 09:19 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

I really hope GSP finishes this one so people lay off him about all the decisions lately. Condit is gonna bring it but lose to the more well rounded St. Pierre. GSP just mixes things up too well for Condit to handle it. Rory Macdonald put him down over and over so GSP will have no trouble there and submitting GSP from the bottom is basically impossible..

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn

This is a real pick em fight and i may change the pick after i see the countdown show. I gotta see how hungry BJ looks in camp. On paper Nick sets the kind of high pace that BJ has had trouble with in the past but this won't be a wrestling match it will all be about the striking. Nick is bigger with the reach edge and has great cardio. He can go 3 hard rounds all out but can BJ? We'll see should be a great great scrap..

I'm a fan of Kongo but Meat-Head is on the way up and Kongo has not looked the same since the Cain fight.. Meat-Head VIA KO..

Kind of the same thing as before. I love Mirko but he is just done. Last fight in the UFC and hopefully MMA for him.. Time for the legend to hang it up..

War Cowboy!!!

dbreiden83080
10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
o5xKa9HlILs

Stringer_Bell
10-16-2011, 12:25 AM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- GSP's jabs will set up the TD's and I actually see him submitting condit in the 3rd/4th round. If Condit wins, which he totally can, it's by KO before the championship rounds.
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
- I finally have an excuse to pick BJ in a fight. No doubt Dana put it in BJ's head that he can fight GSP again with a win, so we'll see if the "real" BJ Penn shows up. I think he will.
- Meathead is quicker and stronger than Kongo's previous fight with Barry, Meathead by skull smashing.
- Nelson via crucifix, don't even want to predict this fight but I wanna keep my percentage good :(

- Cowboy is on a roll, hope he gets a Top 5 guy after this fight or maybe Lauzon

dbreiden83080
10-16-2011, 09:02 AM
The thing about BJ is while he has fought in a lot of big fights

He's lost most of them..

ace3g
10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
BAD NEWS!!!!

danawhite Dana White
I just land in NYC and what do I always say!? I have to deal with bad shit everyday!! GSP is out with an injury!!! #oneofthosedays

weird and sucks, this was 3 hours ago...

GeorgesStPierre Georges St-Pierre
Very focused right now. pic.twitter.com/t9pLJcXX

http://p.twimg.com/AcDnCULCEAE2yXg.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/GeorgesStPierre/status/126354816522915840

latimespugmire Lance Pugmire
by JoshGrossESPN
UFC leaders tell me Georges St-Pierre hurt his knee in training camp in Montreal, and is awaiting a doctor's exam right now. #UFC #MMA

UPDATE 2: According to Dana on twitter in response to a fan: Diaz vs Penn is new main event

Nick Diaz pre fight interview:
http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-137-diaz-pre-intv

polandprzem
10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Fuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knee wtf with the knee?

ace3g
10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5245/ufc137updatecopy.jpg
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
Dustin Jacoby vs. Brad Tavares

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

lets see who they add to the card (or move up from prelims), and according to Dana, Diaz vs. Penn will be 3 rounds not 5. Plus he said they will sit Condit and wait for GSP to get healthy.

polandprzem
10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
I bet Curran Jorgensen will be in main card

ace3g
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Trainer Firas Zahabi discusses champ Georges St-Pierre's UFC 137 injury

St-Pierre sprawled on a sparring partner's takedown attempt, trainer Firas Zahabi today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). Then the champ circled away, the injury became apparent.

"After he cooled down, I knew he couldn't fight anymore," Zahabi said. "I've been around, I've seen injuries, and I know that that kind of injury is going to take at least two to five weeks of not standing on it for it to be really good (and) sturdy to fight. That's just me estimating with what I've seen in the past."

As to the exact nature of St-Pierre's injury, Zahabi confirmed that it was a sprain but could provide no further specifics. He wasn't present when the fighter went to the doctor after the training session and received an MRI that confirmed he couldn't compete at the pay-per-view event, which takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

"I don't know what the medical term is," Zahabi said. "I don't know which tendon, or ligament, or whatever is sprained. I'm not a doctor, but I know he's [had] an MRI, he got tested, and he won't be able to fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25716/trainer-firas-zahabi-discusses-champ-georges-st-pierres-ufc-137-injury.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

desflood
10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
It's a bummer for sure, but that's still an exciting main event.

ace3g
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
UFC conference call just started with 4 (supposedly) of the headliners Penn, Mitrione, and Kongo; someone decided not to show, lol lol lol

desflood
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Get out! Really?

dbreiden83080
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
UFC conference call just started with 4 (supposedly) of the headliners Penn, Mitrione, and Kongo; someone decided not to show, lol lol lol

Diaz is one weird ass guy..

ace3g
10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
he actually did show up, eventually, lol; again conflicting reports

this was from Dana White

danawhite Dana White
I'm hearing UFC dropped the ball on the Nick Diaz no show today!! SUCKS

and Nick even said in the conference that he didn't know about it till his bro told him;

here is a recap of all the events: http://mmajunkie.com/news/25730/no-show-road-show-almost-continues-but-nick-diaz-finally-dishes-on-ufc-137-headliner.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

sounds like the fight could possibly be a 5 rounder, but nothing official yet.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Diaz should push for this to be 5 rds.. Penn always gasses out...

dbreiden83080
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
he actually did show up, eventually, lol; again conflicting reports

this was from Dana White

and Nick even said in the conference that he didn't know about it till his bro told him;

here is a recap of all the events: http://mmajunkie.com/news/25730/no-show-road-show-almost-continues-but-nick-diaz-finally-dishes-on-ufc-137-headliner.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

sounds like the fight could possibly be a 5 rounder, but nothing official yet.

"All I know is that somebody's getting paid over a hundred grand just to tell me what I'm supposed to do and what I'm not supposed to do. And I'm like, for that much money, I think I could have had somebody standing around telling me, 'Hey, you can't miss this press conference. That kind of voids the whole contract, and then you're out, and you get [expletive]. You're fighting [expletive]. You make no money. So you have to be at this thing.'

:lol Diaz is a lunatic..

ace3g
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
yeah all the MMA media on twitter were like WTF during that part, wish they would stream those conference calls live...

polandprzem
10-20-2011, 07:24 AM
I hope Bj will kick his ass and he will be outta UFC

ace3g
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/756767/UFC_137.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Dustin Jacoby vs. Clifford Starks

*The ever-revolving UFC 137 door continues spinning, and the latest turn has produced a new fight on the pay-per-view main card.

UFC newcomer Clifford Starks (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has replaced injured Brad Tavares (7-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), and his fight with Dustin Jacoby (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been demoted from the main card to the prelims.

As a result, a prelim bout between bantamweights Jeff Curran (33-13-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Scott Jorgensen (12-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has been promoted to the main card.

2hwAV_4VdVM&feature=player_embedded

cgK_4qeWvgE&feature=player_profilepage

lljPypW3cM4&feature=player_profilepage

s0FMp2CCp48&feature=player_profilepage

ace3g
10-25-2011, 09:18 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1027/mma_ufc_137_576.jpg

Things get real at 2:10 mark, when Melvin goes into "Dirk" mode.

XLhgKAkhcI4&feature=player_embedded

x-gGPaOdTH8

CyJ0oIijAJU

e2qyrvGZAJ4

strosFan2
10-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn

polandprzem
10-28-2011, 03:13 AM
I watched Nicks interview.

Geez I hope not see his interview again. It looked like they were torturing him with the questions. I was almost screaming - leave him alone leave him alone!

This card is really unpredictable. And many of you seems to give a easy fight for Cerrone. It will be much more competitive then people thinks.

Anyway once again in predictions it may come to the situation of me choosing the guy I'd prefer to win ...

polandprzem
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
cm2JkPBCsrA

The TroutBum
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn -- I don't understand why everyone is so high on Diaz. Has any Strikeforce champion ever done jack shit in the UFC? There's a reason for that... I hate Blow Job just as much as the next guy, but come on -- he could win this in his sleep. 1st round KO.
Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione - I hate Kongo. I hate the French. I hate Poland.
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson - Changed my mind. Fucking WAR MIRKO!
Jeff Curran vs. Scott Jorgensen - We're facebook friends, so I have to pick him.

Donald Cerrone vs. Dennis Siver - WAR CERRONE!!!

ace3g
10-28-2011, 10:51 PM
eN7mIYSDP1Y

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
- Intense staredown at weigh ins, leads up to a good fight, chin and BJJ of Diaz gets the victory.

- I kept flipping choices for this fight, but I'm going with Kongo; could go either way.

- Wearing the fat suit at the weigh ins, and still was 8 pounds lighter than he was at UFC 130.

- I'll give the new guy a chance in his debut.

- Cowboy gets closer to the LW title.

polandprzem
10-29-2011, 02:02 AM
It was as close to a punch as you can get

Good there was no Melendez.
It's gonna be a crazy fight.

polandprzem
10-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn

Well, it's hard to find a measuring stick to make a prediction but I think BJ can do this /win the fight/.
Nick was so dominant for so many fights but he risks a lot. And BJ is a killer when he will wound the guy

Can go either way. So many of you picking Meat that why I wanted to bold Kongo but IMO more versatile guy will prevail

No pressure Mirko in his last dance can make it.
I said it few fights ago that Cro-Cop is finished. But IMo he can outcardio Nelson and finish him in the 3rd

Hatsu please be dominant - we need somebody to face Aldo

pole

polandprzem
10-29-2011, 02:48 AM
sADfRsgdrz4

btw they made Nelson weight 252 official?

Stringer_Bell
10-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Updated since the card changed

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn - I finally have a chance to root for Penn, would enjoy this if I wasn't working tomorrow night!

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson - Changed my mind. Fucking WAR MIRKO!

Will regret it but i am with you

War Mirko..

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 04:52 PM

ace3g
10-29-2011, 06:00 PM

Carmont looks impressive (trains with GSP, who is there in his corner right now)

---

Bart Palaszewski what a finish with good combinations!!!

ace3g
10-29-2011, 07:30 PM
what a kick by Cowboy!!! Great finish to the fight

4-0 year for Cowboy!!!

MannyIsGod
10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Forgot this was on. Happy I remembered before the last 3 fights as I want to see them all.

ace3g
10-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Big Country looks in much better shape (glad he put in the work) lets see how his cardio is.

ace3g
10-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I love Nelson's cover up defense, I also love his high hands during stand up; helps him survive attacks like that, lets see how much that affected his cardio

ace3g
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Fat Nelson Crucifix time!!!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 09:28 PM
WoW!

MannyIsGod
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Mirko is such a class act. Love that guy.

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Gonna be goooood!!

MannyIsGod
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
You think so? I think Meathead is going to fucking destroy him.

ace3g
10-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Kongo trained at the MusclePharm HQ where Rampage trained at, so he should be in great shape

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Borin ass 1st round!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Slooooooooow start

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Meathead's corner gonna have him run into Congo's punch!!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Meathead is terrible on the ground!

MannyIsGod
10-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Holy crap I did not see that round coming. Meathead got DESTROYED.

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:03 PM
DRAW.... They both sucked!!

MannyIsGod
10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Well I was REALLY wrong about that one. Now I guess we get to see Penn lose, again.

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Kongo (or meathead if he would have won) vs Roy Nelson should be next.

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Kongo (or meathead if he would have won) vs Roy Nelson should be next.
Was just thinkin that!!!

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:16 PM
main event time!!!

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Penn looks very soft and out of shape..

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:20 PM
funny because he was suppose to be working on his cardio for this fight

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
He's been working on his cardio since 2002..

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Good round for Penn but look for Diaz to start to take it over as Penn gets tired..

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
body shot Diaz time

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Penn looks tired!

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Penn is breaking

Called it..

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Penn goin down!!!!!!!!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Nick toying with him!!!

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:32 PM
to have a gift like a great chin, it makes Diaz style that much more unstoppable

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:33 PM
10-8 Rd easy Diaz..

All Nick.

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Penn is getting bullied!!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:38 PM
GotDamn!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Nick : "I won that shit"!

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:40 PM
can't deny Diaz comes to fight

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Good fight for Diaz..

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Callin out GSP & sayin hes scared!!!

AWESOME!!

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Ha GSP owns Diaz without speaking

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:42 PM
wow BJ just announced his retirement

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:43 PM
BJ jus quit!!!

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
"Where you at Georges? Where you at Mother Fucker?"

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
BJ will fight again.. Emotional losses like that suck but he's still pretty young.. He'll fight again..

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 10:45 PM
"Where you at Georges? Where you at Mother Fucker?"

GSP will wreck Diaz and Diaz knew it.. That's why he bailed on all his pre-fight committments..

shyne
10-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Diaz is a fucking retard

ace3g
10-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I will say this, the only way you will beat Diaz is by out wrestling him, you won't KO him and probably won't submit him, GSP can do that; but it will be a great fight no matter what.

ace3g
10-29-2011, 11:00 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Nick Diaz vs. B.J. Penn
- Intense staredown at weigh ins, leads up to a good fight, chin and BJJ of Diaz gets the victory.

- I kept flipping choices for this fight, but I'm going with Kongo; could go either way.

- Wearing the fat suit at the weigh ins, and still was 8 pounds lighter than he was at UFC 130.

- I'll give the new guy a chance in his debut.

- Cowboy gets closer to the LW title.

woo 5-0 !!!

dbreiden83080
10-29-2011, 11:02 PM
I will say this, the only way you will beat Diaz is by out wrestling him, you won't KO him and probably won't submit him, GSP can do that; but it will be a great fight no matter what.

GSP will UD Diaz like 50-44.. GSP never gasses out either and has too much grappling for Nick..

ace3g
10-29-2011, 11:10 PM
ErikApple Erik Apple
by lorettahuntmma
@
Just an FYI. @bjpenndotcom broke his right hand 30 seconds into 2nd round. Sucks

http://p.twimg.com/Ac-d_WVCIAAWKHq.jpg:large

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 11:19 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/wrj95l.jpg

ace3g
10-29-2011, 11:44 PM
looks like Dana is going to make a big announcement during the presser (not being streamed, just going by twitter)

most likely about future of SF

Dana said they are waiting for Nick to arrive, still hasn't...

LakerHater
10-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Dana says he has some big news about Nick, but is waiting for him to arrive at the presser to say it.

Nick never arrives, Dana leaves presser to find him..... here we go!

ace3g
10-29-2011, 11:54 PM
UFC twitter said it was big news about nick, others said there is big news and they are waiting on Nick; either way should be interesting

ace3g
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
ufc UFC
Wait explained: Nick has had 10 bottles of water but still hasnt peed for commission - they'll wait at presser with him

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Dana's back & No NIck.

Dana said Nick drank 10 bottles of water but still hasn't peed, they're gonna wait at the presser with him

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Joe Rogan:

"I've never seen Dana rattled like this. Something's going on or something crazy may have already happened."

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Nick's here!

Stringer_Bell
10-30-2011, 12:13 AM
- Cerrone continues to improve every fight, he deserves to be in the Top 5 at LW.
- Meathead gave away a great chance to elevate himself tonight, Kongo is the true HW litmus test whether or not you are worth a shit.
- BJ whooped ass in Rnd 1, just like the Fitch fight...then he gassed out, just like every fucking fight he loses.
- My guess is Diaz vs Fitch/Condit...no way they can give him the shot against GSP, totally unfair and unwarranted. Give him Fitch, and if he wins then give him GSP wherever he wants him.

ace3g
10-30-2011, 12:15 AM
GSP vs Diaz is next, Condit agreed to it!!!

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Dana says he will wait until the end of the presser to make the announcement.

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Dana
GSP "flipped out" after hearing Nick's comment

ace3g
10-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Superbowl Weekend, GSP vs Diaz

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:20 AM
KarynBryant

Dana says GSP and Nick are going to fight next.

ufc

Dana has never seen gsp the way he was tonight - nick will fight gsp - condit has agreed to wait

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:21 AM
GSP is pissed!!
GSP said: "he's the most disrespectful human being I've ever met and I'm going to put the worst beating on him."

Stringer_Bell
10-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Hahaha, as long as they gave Condit money to wait it's alright. :p

GSP is going to turn Diaz into a puffy faced twat. There were sooooo many things wrong with Diaz's performance, none of which he can train out of in the time he's got until Superbowl Sunday. I honestly think GSP will TKO him, he's not an idiot like Penn who will blow his load in the first round trying to fight Diaz's fight.

ace3g
10-30-2011, 12:31 AM
good luck trying to KO that chin of Diaz, GSP can easily win a decision (like dbreiden83080 said) and out wrestle him (still has to be careful with Diaz's BJJ).

Superbowl weekend; GSP vs Diaz and Silva vs Sonnen??? make it happen UFC

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2011, 12:38 AM
this card sucked hard, 3 of the fights were pure shit

Stringer_Bell
10-30-2011, 12:40 AM
good luck trying to KO that chin of Diaz, GSP can easily win a decision (like dbreiden83080 said) and out wrestle him (still has to be careful with Diaz's BJJ).

I don't think anyone can KO Diaz, he doesn't seem to have an off button, but I can see a ref stopping it due to lack of defended punches - GSP will pepper him all day, Penn showed how easy it is in the first round tonight. As far as wrestling goes, Diaz doesn't have the kind of core strength that can stop GSP from automatically putting him in a position that takes away his BJJ expertise. The speed at which GSP can capatilize with a double leg is going to be too much for Diaz, book it.

Tbh, I was kinda afraid for GSP before tonight, but after seeing how Diaz handles elite competition (aka Penn before he gasses), it will only be worse for him against GSP who doesn't get tired.

ace3g
10-30-2011, 12:55 AM
malkikawa malki kawa
Sorry @DamonMartin can't wait until tomorrow. @CarlosCondit didn't just step aside. Gsp is choosing to fight nick.

malkikawa malki kawa
last I checked "carlos is the harder fight." So I guess now he'll fight nick. Wasn't our choice and def not happy about it, BUT

malkikawa malki kawa
It is what it is, and we'll figure some things out. In the mean time, I'm sure @danawhite Is going to make it worth his while ;)

malkikawa malki kawa
Yup he sure will RT @BSJohnSays: @malkikawa sounds like condit gets the winner...either way they will all be great fights

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Diaz is complaining about not making enough in this sport JUST AFTER Diaz/GSP is announced. Dana responding to Diaz, talking about missed flights.

Think Diaz might duck GSP!!!

CubanSucks
10-30-2011, 01:43 AM
I was hoping Silva/Sonnen 2 was gonna be superbowl weekend. Wouldn't you wanna get the best main event possible? I'm most definitely looking forward to the next WW title fight but Silva/Sonnen 2 will end up being the most hyped fight in mma history IMO

polandprzem
10-30-2011, 02:37 AM
:pctoss

I was hoping that Kos will fight Diaz /he probably texted Dana he wants to fight Nick/.
Or ellenberger or McDonald or Fitch if the last two gonna win their fights

BJ wants to fight in a brawling style.
But gotdamnit he was wrestling Fitch. Why he was not determined to wrestle Nick?

Anyway Condit have to wait until June probably.
GSP said he will be ready to fight around Feb ...

Fuckin Diaz

Rip-Hamilton32
10-30-2011, 03:37 AM
always been a huge Diaz fan, the odds are george will be to much for him just because of his wrestling but George has a suspect chin and Diaz can out strike him and fight off his back so i like his odds better then anyone else thats ever fought george

Rip-Hamilton32
10-30-2011, 03:56 AM
never understood how Nick was able to take so much punishment his head isn't that large like most guys that can take em, like BJ has a George Foreman looking dome so thats explainable

polandprzem
10-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Have you seen the presser?

Diaz when found out that GSP wants to fight him almost jumps of the seat saying - now you have to be a bad guy and put a finger in somebody chest so he can fight you

Not exact quote

Jeez I thought he will pull a gun and starts shooting at everybody

polandprzem
10-30-2011, 04:43 AM
btw. that was the most stupid talk from a fighter I have ever heard in the UFC

Mayweather talk and money?
Shields talk?

wtf

CubanSucks
10-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Have you seen the presser?

Diaz when found out that GSP wants to fight him almost jumps of the seat saying - now you have to be a bad guy and put a finger in somebody chest so he can fight you

Not exact quote

Jeez I thought he will pull a gun and starts shooting at everybody

starts at 3:56 :lmao
yXRaUjn4rXQ

motherfucker, he sounds like a retarded little punk kid on the playground. A large reason why I can't stand him is because he's so inarticulate.

7KxJAVBU4fQ

polandprzem
10-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Donald vs Pettis would be a phenomenal fight

polandprzem
10-30-2011, 05:44 AM
What is the worst thing about 'those' guys. guys like Diaz.

That he bitches and hates on everybody so he gets what he wants and he is still upsed and pissed that other have better life.

He earns a ton of money and still whines not having enough. And he does not appreciate what his boss does for him.

Damn Condit well deserved the title shot. But no - Nicky started to bitch around so Dana gave him the fight.

shit