PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Lakers

Venti Quattro
05-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Their current run is over, and it's perfectly fine. I have no feelings of ill will, regret or anything.

They got figured out, exposed, solved, everything you can call it. And it's normal.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2011, 11:34 PM
at last - laker fans learn from this

GoodOdor
05-06-2011, 11:34 PM
The mavs are clearly the better team, but still.......

Pau gasol....really?

VBM
05-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Their current run is over, and it's perfectly fine. I have no feelings of ill will, regret or anything.

They got figured out, exposed, solved, everything you can call it. And it's normal.

Dwight's heading your way...no worries

Brazil
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM

I feel u spurs run was over 3 years ago

sefant77
Getting swept without Butler and Roddy even playing

ChuckD
Pau Gasol: the ultimate Trojan Horse. He looks like a gift at first, but turns out to be an enemy inside your walls.

Koolaid_Man
05-06-2011, 11:38 PM

only person got exposed was Pau...and Kobe was coasting trying to rely on his teammates...he's been in coast mode now for 2 yrs it's time to get selfish...to hell with Gasol...and I say we get rid of him for Dwight instead of Bynum....

elemento
05-06-2011, 11:38 PM
be happy laker fans

this time Kobina took the lakers to the 2nd round without a big man delivering for the 1st time in his career
:lmao

Giuseppe
05-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Pau Gasol: the ultimate Trojan Horse. He looks like a gift at first, but turns out to be an enemy inside your walls.

We got two out of him.

Count our blessings.

BlackSwordsMan
05-06-2011, 11:39 PM
MJ:6

old tired shit bag : 5

easy7
05-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Kobe failed Phil.

SpursFTW
05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
MJ:6

old tired shit bag : 5

:toast

Amaso
05-06-2011, 11:44 PM
This series just really goes to show how hard it is to win multiple titles, even if you are the best team going into each series. Losing that double digit lead in game1 made all the difference in a game that should have been won.

I still think this core can win next year if they can make small roster tweaks. Alot of this series has just been very not executing in the 4th, which is what the Lakers have been the best at the past 3 years. Also Pau Gasol is playing the dumbest and uninspired basketball we've seen from him as a Laker the past month, and that's been enough to put us on the edge of sending us home. The Celtics seemed to be done 2 years ago with their core but they came back and were arguably the best team last year and even this year before they traded Perkins.

I don't keep up with contracts and free-agency like I used to but I'm sure there's ways we can adjust the roster to put us as the favorites again next year, regardless of how this ends. Whether that be getting different role players or making a big move in trading a core player to get someone else to shake things up.

ChuckD
We got two out of him.

Count our blessings.

Bynum/Marc Gasol: what might have been.

Tee Hee

Tinystarz

http://i53.tinypic.com/n4xzs3.gif

IronMaxipad
05-06-2011, 11:45 PM

but but it's not Pau's fault! LOL unknowledgeable Knick fan

/SpurOutofTownFan

LakerHater
05-06-2011, 11:47 PM
15 bench points!

ChuckD
05-06-2011, 11:47 PM
This series just really goes to show how hard it is to win multiple titles. Losing that double digit lead in game1 made all the difference in a game that should have been won.

I still think this core can win next year if they can make small roster tweaks. Alot of this series has just been very not executing in the 4th, which is what the Lakers have been the best at the past 3 years. Also Pau Gasol is playing the dumbest and uninspired basketball we've seen from him as a Laker the past month, and that's been enough to put us on the edge of sending us home. The Celtics seemed to be done 2 years ago with their core but they came back and were arguably the best team last year and even this year before they traded Perkins.

I don't keep up with contracts and free-agency like I used to but I'm sure there's ways we can adjust the roster to put us as the favorites again next year, regardless of how this ends. Whether that be getting different role players or making a big move in trading a core player to get someone else to shake things up.

Your roster is incredibly old, top to bottom, and your payroll is $90M and growing for the next two seasons, unless you cut loose Odom for nothing and Bynum for nothing in 2012. That pain you feel in your back is the fork being stuck in this Laker incarnation.

Sportstudi
05-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Getting swept without Butler and Roddy even playing

Wouldn't call Roddy right now. Sure, had his injury, but he didn't deliver much during the season. Note sure if he could be a spark in the playoffs. Will depend on the opponent though.

NewcastleKEG
05-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Laker fans

Whose a free agent?

Danny.Zhu
05-06-2011, 11:50 PM
2010 Spurs > 2010 Mavs > 2011 Mavs > 2011 Lakers

Josepatches_
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Lakers's fans are the dumbest fans of the league.

Sure Pau sucks in the actual playoffs but he was the only reason why his boy won 2 tittles without Shaq.Blaming on him when he's not so good is funny.

It will be pretty fair if they can't win a fucking tittle in the next 20 years

frodo
05-06-2011, 11:52 PM
lakers have a big match-up avail at 3 imo, da nig marion can't guard odom at all tbqh, meanwhile kobe when playing good can also be a big threat at 2 imho. JET will be a defensive liability as hes always been, Kidd is damn slow which you can easily exploit with a swift guard (blake, brown etc...)

IronMaxipad
05-06-2011, 11:58 PM

Sure Pau sucks in the actual playoffs but he was the only reason why his boy won 2 tittles without Shaq.Blaming on him when he's not so good is funny.

Says the guy with a spain flag. :lmao

It doesn't matter what he did last year or the year before. He's garbage right now and it hurt the team. Funny how spurfan always saying pau is MVPau. Well where the fuck is he? :lol

NewcastleKEG
05-07-2011, 12:08 AM

Your talking about the franchise with Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol and Bynum

4>0rings
05-07-2011, 12:09 AM
My thoughts on the Lakers

Fuckin' suck

IronMaxipad
05-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Sons, snoop preachin

http://i.imgur.com/8ahic.jpg

SpurOutofTownFan
05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Says the guy with a spain flag. :lmao

It doesn't matter what he did last year or the year before. He's garbage right now and it hurt the team. Funny how spurfan always saying pau is MVPau. Well where the fuck is he? :lol

hehe i knew this was coming... i think they are all piling up on Pau because he isn't born in the US lol what a bunch of losers

cant see the team is old, kobe is old and in general they haven't been playing championship bb in about a year

so what is it? he's too soft? he's too white? he's from spain?

that just fucking pisses me off such hypocrisy

IronMaxipad
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Son Pau is the best player on the lakers according to spurfan.. So where has he been?

frodo
05-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Son Pau is the best player on the lakers according to spurfan.. So where has he been?

nigga been worn out over the long season mayne, he was the lone bigman in their paint most of the season wit Bynum/Odom/craps alternately missing games injured. don't blame pau mayne, he's always been da best playa on lakers squad imo, dude just be tired now :depressed

DMC
05-07-2011, 12:21 AM

If Spur fan was wrong, Phil would have him benched and have Odom starting. Odom, the 6th man of the year. Also, if Spur fan was wrong, the Lakers wouldn't be getting swept right now.

DMC
05-07-2011, 12:22 AM
nigga been worn out over the long season mayne, he was the lone bigman in their paint most of the season wit Bynum/Odom/craps alternately missing games injured. don't blame pau mayne, he's always been da best playa on lakers squad imo, dude just be tired now :depressed
You're back to this shit eh? Make up your fucking mind, idiot.

IronMaxipad
05-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Phil is as stubborn as pop.

LnGrrrR
05-07-2011, 12:43 AM

Nah, they just got old. It happens.

jjktkk
05-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Nah, they just got old. It happens.

This. All dynasties end. Lakers are gonna have to do some serious retooling in order to keep that championship window open.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 12:51 AM
This. All dynasties end. Lakers are gonna have to do some serious retooling in order to keep that championship window open.

Hey,,,,,,,,,jj, ain't seen you around since the end of 8.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 12:52 AM
My thoughts on the Lakers

Hey, 4>,,,,,,,,ain't seen you around since the end of 8.

tee, hee.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Sons, snoop preachin

http://i.imgur.com/8ahic.jpg

Dumbass doesn't realize Bynum would be traded in a deal

frodo
05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
You're back to this shit eh? Make up your fucking mind, idiot.

im the most hated name on immigrants books, i know :wakeup