PDA

View Full Version : Root for Dirk

Sigz
05-07-2011, 12:56 AM
The guy deserves it.

Can't think of a classier player to get his ring.

InTheCrust
05-07-2011, 01:02 AM
The issue isn't with Dirk. It's with Jason Terry. That fatheaded muthafucka is always spewin' stupid shit outta his mouth. Him and Mark Cuban in fact. But they've been quiet so far, so I'll give the Mavs credit.

If it's OKC-Dallas, Mavs go the Finals. If it's Grizz-Mavs, Memphis goes to the Finals. I'm sticking with that.

Spurtacus
05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Dirk and Barea are the only two players I'd like to see in a Spurs uniform. Dirk's a baller and Barea is just damn annoying. However, I hate Terry and despise Cuban. Since this is Cuban's team I do not want Dallas to win a ring.

Dex
05-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Dirk is playing like a champ.

I'm still convinced that dude is a cyborg or something.

TE
05-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah. I'm rooting.

I hate the guy against the spurs, but he is the classiest non-spur player in the NBA.

timtonymanu
05-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Why not? He was the only big free agent last summer that stayed loyal to his team. He's gotta get a reward for doing that.

Fireball
05-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Dirk and Peja ...

mystargtr34
05-07-2011, 01:57 AM
I will be rooting for Miami since im a big LeBron fan... and wouldnt mind seeing him give a big fuck you to all the haters... but i would be pretty happy to see Dirk win one.

DMC
05-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Only for the next game. As long as Terry is on that team, no fucking way.

Borosai
05-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Stackhouse is gone, but Terry is still there. Cuban is a child with moobs, but I'll give him a pass for being... different.

Difficult choice.

ajballer4
05-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Fuck that, as soon as they beat LA, I'm jumping ship

Emeyin
05-07-2011, 02:07 AM
For once I can root for Drik since he's not playing against the Spurs. I wouldn't mind him getting a ring.

I remember watching MTV Punk'd show and they had Michael Finley and Dirk Nowitzki eating dinner at a restaurant. Ashton Kutcher sent out actors to be fans asking for Dirks signature while the man was trying to eat dinner. Dirk was pretty cool and signed them all before Kutcher finally came out and said he was on the show. From everything I've seen he's a good classy guy. Plus like someone already said, he's playing like a champ.

JustSpurs
05-07-2011, 02:08 AM
pass

baseline bum
05-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Dirk and Barea are the only two players I'd like to see in a Spurs uniform. Dirk's a baller and Barea is just damn annoying. However, I hate Terry and despise Cuban. Since this is Cuban's team I do not want Dallas to win a ring.

You wouldn't want to see Chandler in a Spurs jersey?

urunobili
05-07-2011, 03:41 AM
The issue isn't with Dirk. It's with Jason Terry. That fatheaded muthafucka is always spewin' stupid shit outta his mouth. Him and Mark Cuban in fact. But they've been quiet so far, so I'll give the Mavs credit.

If it's OKC-Dallas, Mavs go the Finals. If it's Grizz-Mavs, Memphis goes to the Finals. I'm sticking with that.

THIS :toast

Capt Bringdown
05-07-2011, 03:58 AM
I wish it were the Spurs, but it's fitting that a Texas team should end the Gasol era this year, just as the Spurs ended the Shaq era in 2003.

mencken
05-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Why the hate for Mark Cuban? Don't get me wrong, I hate him when it's Spurs vs. Mavs but, outside of that situation, I'm able to respect him.

He bought the team when it was the absolute bottom of the barrel and turned it into a contender for many years and a 50+ win team for many more. He does what it takes to put a contending team on the floor. The NBA needs more Mark Cubans and less Donald Sterlings, in my opinion.

05-07-2011, 04:49 AM
i used to hate cuban but now i wish he owned the spurs. sparing no expense to prop up his team unlike the penny pinching spurs style.

Doctor J
05-07-2011, 05:28 AM

This.... and also with Mark Cuban. :nope

Kamnik
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
The guy deserves it.

:toast

pookenstein
05-07-2011, 07:23 AM
The guy deserves it.

Right, but:

???
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/29/antoniomcdyessairjordan.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/antoniomcdyessairjordan.jpg/)

The issue isn't with Dirk. It's with Jason Terry. That fatheaded muthafucka is always spewin' stupid shit outta his mouth.

This!

eisfeld
05-07-2011, 07:25 AM
As much as I would hate Terry, Marion, Barea and French Allah to get a ring, Dirk deserves it. One of the classiest players in the league.

I'm rooting for the Mavs unless they face the Bulls in the finals.

Bukefal
05-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I dont want the Mavs to win. That would be awful, especially the shit from their fans afterwards. But Dirk is one of the most kind and sympathetic players in the NBA. So, for him personally I think its nice to see him winning something at last.

SenorSpur
05-07-2011, 08:10 AM

^ This x 2

Obstructed_View
05-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping Mark Cuban gets run over by the team bus in the next few days so I can root for Dirk.

DPG21920
05-07-2011, 10:54 AM
:lol No.

I respect Dirk, but he and that franchise will not get any well wishes from me.

ohmwrecker
05-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I like Dirk and JKidd. Can't stand Jet or Cubes. I will support whoever comes out of the Grizz/Thunder series.

Sigz
05-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Dirk is like Tim.

Both men play their hearts out.

Both men never say anything ill-willed towards their teammates.

Both men never pull any gay antics

Both men are dedicated to their team and winning

He's actually probably done more then Tim with so little around him to tell you the truth....

Spurtacus
05-07-2011, 11:30 AM
You wouldn't want to see Chandler in a Spurs jersey?

Actually I would. Excellent compliment to Duncan. Someone we've missed since Nesterovic/Mohammed. No coincidence we haven't won a title since then.

Spurtacus
05-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Why the hate for Mark Cuban? Don't get me wrong, I hate him when it's Spurs vs. Mavs but, outside of that situation, I'm able to respect him.

He bought the team when it was the absolute bottom of the barrel and turned it into a contender for many years and a 50+ win team for many more. He does what it takes to put a contending team on the floor. The NBA needs more Mark Cubans and less Donald Sterlings, in my opinion.

I respect what he's done for the organization. But he's a greedy, whining pompous ass.

spursnatic
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I am a Super Huge Spurs Fan and really can't stand the Mavs and Happen to live in OKC....However, I think as hard as Dirk has played throughout the years and been A Loyal and very Humble human being...Is the reason I am shooting for the Mavs to Win it all....I would root for OKC being that I live here but I think they still have plenty of time to get a Ring or Two....As long as it is not the Fucking Lakers again I will be Happy, they've bought enough Championships if you know what I mean?....

Mavs22690
05-08-2011, 12:11 AM
We appreciate the love!!!

A lot of Mavs fans have some distaste for Terry too. Especially this regular season he was talking wayyyy too much trash. I'm glad he's toned it down so far for the playoffs.

As for Cuban, I think he's grown up a bit. He doesn't pull the stupid antics he used to back in the 06 Finals days....

braeden0613
05-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Guilty by association. I think I'd root against the Spurs if Terry somehow was on the team. I really would like to see Memphis beat the Mavs (if Memphis moves on)

100%duncan
05-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Dirk is the only man I respect in that team

DrSteffo
05-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Dirk is like Tim.

Both men play their hearts out.

Both men never say anything ill-willed towards their teammates.

Both men never pull any gay antics

Both men are dedicated to their team and winning

He's actually probably done more then Tim with so little around him to tell you the truth....

I agree except for the last sentence. I respect Dirk a lot and believe he might be the true MVP this season but 4 rings still mean a lot.

G-Nob
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
If you lived in DFW and put up with what Spurs fans have put up with you'd think differently

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-08-2011, 10:21 AM
If they didn't have players like Jason Terry, I'd be really rooting for the Mavericks. But sadly they do. Dirk is still one of my favorite players of all time and I hope he wins a ring this year.

Marcus Bryant
05-08-2011, 05:21 PM
pass

ShoogarBear
05-08-2011, 05:28 PM

:lol Dirk had Steve Nash, Michael Finley, and Josh Howard all in their primes.

temujin
05-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Only player I respect on that team is Peja.

And the coach.

They'll fail again in the finals.

Josepatches_
05-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Fuck the Mavs!

I hate them

Josepatches_
05-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Mav's fans didn't deserve a tittle.

Sorry,With Lakers out I can't understand why Spurs fans are rooting for the Mavs with all the hate on us we could see all these years.

Chomag
05-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I have allways respected Dirk's game but I hate the franchise of the Mavs to much to root for them. Sorry Dirk,great player, but just a very crappy franchise..

eric365
05-08-2011, 06:00 PM
As much as I would hate Terry, Marion, Barea and French Allah to get a ring, Dirk deserves it. One of the classiest players in the league.

I'm rooting for the Mavs unless they face the Bulls in the finals.

Why are you hating on Beaubois ?

J_Paco
05-08-2011, 06:12 PM
pass

Ditto

I'm happy L.A. got steamrolled, but I still hate Dirk, Cuban and the rest of that organization.

roycrikside
05-08-2011, 07:05 PM

This sums up my feelings perfectly. I like and respect Dirk and I admire Barea's guts. I hate everyone else on that team, especially Terry and Cuban. If only we could talk Mark into a RJ, Bonner and Hill for Dirk and Barea trade.

roycrikside
05-08-2011, 07:07 PM
:lol Dirk had Steve Nash, Michael Finley, and Josh Howard all in their primes.

Howard has always been and always will be trash. A mental midget.

pjjrfan
05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Not only NO, but HELL NO!!!!!!

20beastie45
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
i used to hate cuban but now i wish he owned the spurs. sparing no expense to prop up his team unlike the penny pinching spurs style.

:toast

spurtech09
05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
The guy deserves it.

I see the miami heat winning the title....book it

spurtech09
05-08-2011, 09:29 PM

mavs vs miami nba finals.....miami no doubt is going to win the nba title...thanks 2 david stern:lobt2:

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
FUCK NO, never root for the Mavs again after this series here lol... I rented them.

Amarelooms
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
FUCK NO, never root for the Mavs again after this series here lol... I rented them.

^^^ what a dummy....Mavs don't want your sorry ass son...

:elephant

Splits
05-09-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm down.

Although, I'm curious why Carlise DIDN'T DEVELOP IAN!!!111

Single-issue posters fags like mystik silvernblack are whores.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2011, 12:31 AM
^^^ what a dummy....Mavs don't want your sorry ass son...

:elephant

Says an X Suns fan obviously who went to the Mavs! Who cares I am not a Mavs fan and won't be, sue me! Spurs still got 4 titles you jerk :lol:lol:lmao

Amarelooms, don't tell me you made that name by mistake either, what Mavs fan would put that as their name? :lmao

Sigz
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
my boy doin' work.

Danny.Zhu
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Co-sign.

jabol130
05-17-2011, 11:35 PM
I could see myself rooting for him in a different uniform, on the Mavericks - hell no. I hope the Mavs loose this series in 6 and OKC goes to the finals.

blizz
05-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Fuck that....he "deserves" it? Might as well give a title to everyone who deserves one then. You have to fucking EARN it...you have to go out there and TAKE it. Fuck that deserves bullshit.

jag
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
:lol No.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2011, 12:37 AM
lol miami cheat not giving this guy a call b4 signin bosh

senorglory
05-18-2011, 12:45 AM
No to Terry, no to Cuban.

Besides, why wouldn't I root for UT alum Kevin Durant?

UnWantedTheory
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
No.

senorglory
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM

Hadn't the Mavs had a mini-renaisannce before Cuban came along? I thought their improvement is what made them worth buying.

senorglory
05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Does Cuban deserve credit for the Mavs turnabout? I don't know.

He purchased the team in January of 2000, and the team was already in the midst of a .500 season (40-42); more importantly, Nelson had already done the hard lifting by securing Dirk and Nash through savvy trades:

from wikipedia: Nelson worked out draft day deals with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns: the Mavericks wanted Nowitzki and Suns reserve point guard Steve Nash; the Bucks desired muscular forward Robert Traylor, who was projected to be drafted before Nowitzki; and the Suns had set their sights on forward Pat Garrity, who was projected as a low first round pick. In the draft, the Mavericks drafted Traylor with their sixth pick, and the Bucks selected Nowitzki with their ninth and Garrity with their nineteenth pick. The Mavericks then traded Traylor to the Bucks for Nowitzki and Garrity, and they in return traded the latter to Phoenix for Nash.

What part of the Mavs success as a franchise can be attributed to other than Dirk? Nash? Nelson? I don't konw.

spurs1990
05-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Dirk > Duncan. Kidding. But not really.

24 for 24 RUFKM??

outmap
05-18-2011, 02:15 AM
It's hard to root for Dirk when he plays for the Mavs, he's a great player on and off the court but rooting for the Mavs? Hell no!

benefactor
05-18-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm not going to say that I'm all out cheering for him...but I will crack a bit of a smile if he hoists the trophy. Dude will go down in all time great conversations...and last night is just another of many examples why.

ploto
05-18-2011, 05:55 AM
In this day and age, especially, there is something to be said for the player who sticks with his team when he becomes a free agent.

Josepatches_
05-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I could see myself rooting for him in a different uniform, on the Mavericks - hell no. I hope the Mavs loose this series in 6 and OKC goes to the finals.

lefty
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM
In this day and age, especially, there is something to be said for the player who sticks with his team when he becomes a free agent.
Yep

cheguevara
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM

they'll be quiet until they lose a game or 2. it will happen.

Cane
05-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I'd rather root for the Bulls tbh.

alamo50
05-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Dirk, yes
Mavs, HELL NO!

ohmwrecker
05-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I would love to root for Dirk, but I just can't stomach Cuban. I like Kidd and Chandler too, but I can't cheer for Dallas. Sorry.

Cane
05-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Watching a glorified free throw shooting contest also gets old tbh :)

bigfan
05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I dont have anything against Dirk, he is a clean player. Cant stand that arch-criminal gangsta Terry though. Once the Spurs were out of it I dont care who wins.

mudyez
05-18-2011, 10:31 AM
who ever could have somthing against Dirk?

he is german...can you think of an evil german ever?

mudyez
05-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Does Cuban deserve credit for the Mavs turnabout? I don't know.

He purchased the team in January of 2000, and the team was already in the midst of a .500 season (40-42); more importantly, Nelson had already done the hard lifting by securing Dirk and Nash through savvy trades:

from wikipedia: Nelson worked out draft day deals with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns: the Mavericks wanted Nowitzki and Suns reserve point guard Steve Nash; the Bucks desired muscular forward Robert Traylor, who was projected to be drafted before Nowitzki; and the Suns had set their sights on forward Pat Garrity, who was projected as a low first round pick. In the draft, the Mavericks drafted Traylor with their sixth pick, and the Bucks selected Nowitzki with their ninth and Garrity with their nineteenth pick. The Mavericks then traded Traylor to the Bucks for Nowitzki and Garrity, and they in return traded the latter to Phoenix for Nash.

What part of the Mavs success as a franchise can be attributed to other than Dirk? Nash? Nelson? I don't konw.

can't believe how Dallas messed up its sal-cap that way.

worst trade ever.

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
there will be no mavs or lakers love given

sandman
05-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Dirk is cool. Would have loved to have him on my team instead of playing against him all these years.

But... JET is a tool, Cuban is a rich attention whore, and most importantly, Mavs/Cowboys/Stars fans of North Dallas are insufferable Ed Hardy and Affliction wearing douches.

Mavs winning a ring would give them carte blanche to take their doucheness to HOF levels.

rasho8
05-18-2011, 12:23 PM
I hate Jason Terry... that over rules all else. I have struggled on who to root for. I realize aside from Dirk I have no one to root for. But I can root AGAINST Terry.

Now the problem I run into is... if its Mavs/Miami in the finals... who do you hate LESS? I hate Terry the most, but I hate LeBron second with his bullshit. And I want to see him almost cry again like after the Spurs swept Cleveland.

Horse
05-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Dirk's a good guy and all that, but no way could I ever root for dallas.

JudynTX
05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Nope, classy or not.

Admidave50
05-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Hell no, can't root for the Mavs dude, just can't!

But Mavs was fantastic in game 1 against Thunder yesterday