PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you wish that the Spurs

xellos88330
05-07-2011, 01:14 PM
had at least one player who played with an attitude and wasn't afraid to show it? It would be nice if the Spurs had a player like that.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Pop has cowtowed the whole damn bunch of 'em.

Took all their spirit. Left 'em as a mere bag of shells.

mjnxn
05-07-2011, 01:50 PM
^^And the _allas Mavericks did that to LA, lmao.

yavozerb
05-07-2011, 01:53 PM
had at least one player who played with an attitude and wasn't afraid to show it? It would be nice if the Spurs had a player like that.

I wish the string of dumb threads will soon come to an end.....

DesignatedT
05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
The fire left with success.

Spurs da champs
05-07-2011, 02:30 PM

http://chaunceybillups.blogspot.com/jackson.jpg

Bill_Brasky
05-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Bonner: soft
Hill: soft
RJ: gayest celebrations ever, soft
Blair: soft

Silver&Black Warrior
05-07-2011, 03:26 PM

A-FUCKING-MEN BROTHER!!!!! :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

ManuSupraTurbo
05-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Lame thread but we do have a lot of softies.

Proxy
05-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Bonner: soft
Hill: soft
RJ: gayest celebrations ever, soft
Blair: soft

Big 3: soft

baseline bum
05-07-2011, 04:17 PM
No, I'd rather have another competent bigman to put next to Tim and Tiago or a tall three who doesn't completely suck. Maybe a backup point would be nice too.

Uriel
05-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Honestly, no.

dbestpro
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I wish Blair would be this guy. It drives me crazy to watch him smile when something goes wrong or he makes a mistake. It seems like he just doesn't care enough.

Proxy
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I wish Blair would be this guy. It drives me crazy to watch him smile when something goes wrong or he makes a mistake. It seems like he just doesn't care enough.

When they played the Lakers at the end of the season, he fouled Kobe hard... made me happy...

then I saw him help Artest up later in the game and it pissed me the fuck off.

TwelveGs210
05-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I think this has haunted us since we lost Jackson, and then Bowen..people think this is a non-issue, but when push comes to shove, in a grimy, grind it out battle like this last series, we really need a guy (or two) who takes pride in wanting to be the undisputed alpha-male on the court..

Pop loves guys he knows aren't going to cause issues off the court, aren't going to be prima-donnas, bring us bad media, distractions etc, but he has too many of these guys now.

Manu is not soft, he's a fierce competitor, he just isn't 27 anymore. George attempted to stand-up to Kobe, but look at the guys face during the incident..he didn't want any part of Kobe..you could see it..he just didn't want to get punked as bad as it could have been in front of the world. I loved seeing George get under Kobe's faggot ass skin, but I wish George would'a had to been held back by a few guys or something..

Blair has the potential, he's got the solid frame, he seems to be a guy with some street smarts, and considering he isnt going to give you great numbers night in and night out, this could be his role..i'm not asking for a dirty POS like Turiaf/Dampier etc, but would love to see a Dejaun Blair two hand choke a mother fucker next time they try and cheap shot a Tony Parker, or a George Hill.

Tim is probably the nicest guy in the league, I've seen him show only a slight bit of anger maybe ONCE, and that was in 99', first round against Minnesota, when that coward KG reached behind a couple guys backs and SMACKED him upside the back of his head..of course I dont expect Tim to take the bait, go Artest/Jackson/O'Neal or anything, but DAMN!! What does it take to piss us off?

This goes way back..I'm sorry, but if I was on the court, and I saw a known scumbag like Karl Malone fucking K.O. our star player with his infamous elbow, I would have to skip all the BS, and rush Malone with a fucking elbow of my own to his teeth/nose/eye..something.. We have just never been that kind of team..

I think by default Dice was our "enforcer" last year, and thats not a good thing, he isn't that type of player. Bowen was a great luxury, he wasn't an enforcer type, but he wasn't scared to piss off the other team, get under their skin, and wouldn't back down. Kevin Willis didn't take shit from anyone either, he was good to have considering he was like a 9th, 10th guy in the rotation. Elie was awesome too, I remember "The Speech" he made when he called out his own guys for playing like faggots..I think they closed out that season 35-3 or something like that, and won the title..

Maybe somebody like that could take control of our locker room, and change the mentalities of our guys..I just dont see the fight in this roster..

TE
05-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I wish that we had someone with a pair of fucking balls.

Fuck.

Master splitter
05-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Kyle singler (next year):ihit

itzsoweezee
05-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Pop's fault.

Dude plays Bonner and Jefferson big minutes, and gets pissed off when a player shows any kind of emotion.

It all goes back to the fundamental problem with Popovich: he never played basketball at a high level. He has no idea what it's like to be an elite athlete and compete at a high level. The guy needs to get over himself and maybe accept that he could learn a thing or two from people he thinks he's smarter than.

DrSteffo
05-08-2011, 03:51 AM

This. I wish he was a grizzly and not a teddybear. Showing the wrong kind of emotion is much worse than showing no emotion.

But of course its much more important to actually play with heart and play tough than to pretend to be tough by talking smack or something like that.

TJastal
05-08-2011, 08:14 AM
I think this has haunted us since we lost Jackson, and then Bowen..people think this is a non-issue, but when push comes to shove, in a grimy, grind it out battle like this last series, we really need a guy (or two) who takes pride in wanting to be the undisputed alpha-male on the court..

Pop loves guys he knows aren't going to cause issues off the court, aren't going to be prima-donnas, bring us bad media, distractions etc, but he has too many of these guys now.

Manu is not soft, he's a fierce competitor, he just isn't 27 anymore. George attempted to stand-up to Kobe, but look at the guys face during the incident..he didn't want any part of Kobe..you could see it..he just didn't want to get punked as bad as it could have been in front of the world. I loved seeing George get under Kobe's faggot ass skin, but I wish George would'a had to been held back by a few guys or something..

Blair has the potential, he's got the solid frame, he seems to be a guy with some street smarts, and considering he isnt going to give you great numbers night in and night out, this could be his role..i'm not asking for a dirty POS like Turiaf/Dampier etc, but would love to see a Dejaun Blair two hand choke a mother fucker next time they try and cheap shot a Tony Parker, or a George Hill.

Tim is probably the nicest guy in the league, I've seen him show only a slight bit of anger maybe ONCE, and that was in 99', first round against Minnesota, when that coward KG reached behind a couple guys backs and SMACKED him upside the back of his head..of course I dont expect Tim to take the bait, go Artest/Jackson/O'Neal or anything, but DAMN!! What does it take to piss us off?

This goes way back..I'm sorry, but if I was on the court, and I saw a known scumbag like Karl Malone fucking K.O. our star player with his infamous elbow, I would have to skip all the BS, and rush Malone with a fucking elbow of my own to his teeth/nose/eye..something.. We have just never been that kind of team..

I think by default Dice was our "enforcer" last year, and thats not a good thing, he isn't that type of player. Bowen was a great luxury, he wasn't an enforcer type, but he wasn't scared to piss off the other team, get under their skin, and wouldn't back down. Kevin Willis didn't take shit from anyone either, he was good to have considering he was like a 9th, 10th guy in the rotation. Elie was awesome too, I remember "The Speech" he made when he called out his own guys for playing like faggots..I think they closed out that season 35-3 or something like that, and won the title..

Maybe somebody like that could take control of our locker room, and change the mentalities of our guys..I just dont see the fight in this roster..

Udoka (the guy in your sig) fits the description pretty much. Kinda ironic, huh?

TwelveGs210
05-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Udoka (the guy in your sig) fits the description pretty much. Kinda ironic, huh?

Lmfao, are we talking about the same Udoka? How do you figue Udoka is an alpha male or an enforcer even.

Just because you play with a 24/7 poker face doesnt make you an enforcer..

Cane
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM
http://theswamp51.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/rasheed-wallace-boston-celtics-press-conference.jpg?w=235&h=300

^ People forget that the Spurs were trying to get Rasheed Wallace over Antonio McDyess. Spurs almost had a crazy guy.

Fabbs
05-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Pop's fault.

Dude plays Bonner and Jefferson big minutes, and gets pissed off when a player shows any kind of emotion.

It all goes back to the fundamental problem with Popovich: he never played basketball at a high level. He has no idea what it's like to be an elite athlete and compete at a high level. The guy needs to get over himself and maybe accept that he could learn a thing or two from people he thinks he's smarter than.
Rack it. :toast

TwelveGs210
05-08-2011, 11:41 AM
On a side note, i'd have to say that for a guy who can jump, RJ has to have the pussiest gentle dunks ive ever seen..

I recall a few MONSTER dunks he had last year (namely the one against Portland) but its complete opposite this year..he must have seriously hurt his wrist or something trying to dunk that hard, and just doesnt want to do it anymore. He barely even makes contact on his dunks..he might as well study tape of that garbage superman dwight dunk, and perfect his own version so he doesnt risk breaking his faggot ass nails.

We got this faggot RJ turning down marriage to a beautiful cheerleader days before the wedding, because he heard Texas had alot of steers and queers, then we get George Hills tender male stripper ass taking naked pics and sending them to females (instead of the other way around..) Eva fuckin putting Tony on blast years back on Oprah about how he is basically a virgin and shes the "boss" (although he did get the last laugh, and I take her bs with a grain of salt, shes basically a molester) Manu is going to fucking Lady Gaga concerts and posting pics on his twitter, I mean seriously wtf happened? Some real homo tendencies out of our guys over the years..

ChuckD
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
http://theswamp51.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/rasheed-wallace-boston-celtics-press-conference.jpg?w=235&h=300

^ People forget that the Spurs were trying to get Rasheed Wallace over Antonio McDyess. Spurs almost had a crazy guy.

?? No they weren't. They never even called. Dice was the top of their list and their first call.

Interrohater
05-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I think twelveGs210 has some real problems of his own. Touched by a creepy uncle? Maybe.

You know, I really think that Neal could be that guy, he gives off the 'I don't give a shit' vibe and I can picture him starting a scuffle if somebody got stupid. The thing is, this year he was a rookie that was still trying to prove himself. I'm hoping he'll be more comfortable this next season because I agree that we need a player or two with some g in them. I wonder if Pop retired would Bruce come back and coach?

Cane
05-08-2011, 12:39 PM
?? No they weren't. They never even called. Dice was the top of their list and their first call.

From what I remember Rasheed Wallace was on the top of their list but Boston made a hard-sale and grabbed him before the Spurs could:

"The Spurs made a play for Rasheed Wallace but soon turned their attention to their "Plan B" after Wallace chose the Boston Celtics."

http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story/Spurs-lure-Antonio-McDyess-away-from-the-Pistons/e1zwoqXuHUO2TtQBgEfP5A.cspx?FORM=ZZNR6

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I really think that Neal could be that guy

Sure, he just has get Dirk stinking & bent over a water cooler.:toast