PDA

View Full Version : If Rondo could play with a dislocated elbow, why couldn't Manu do it?

SinBAD
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
To see Rondo out there to make sure his team won was amazing.the guy had his elbow destroyed and came back and contributed.Manu could've played game 1.Its pathetic how he's made of glass and we have to pay the price.I love Manu but 2008 we lost because he was injured, same thing in 2009, 2010, 2011.Its always Manu!
If he plays game 1, we win the series.Dont tell me pop didn't let him.If he really wanted to he would've and no one could've stopped him.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I can't believe you don't shut up.

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Looks like I won.

DJ Mbenga
05-07-2011, 10:52 PM
rondo isnt asked to shoot. ginobli was one of their 3pt chuckers, so its easy to see why rondo could get away with one hand

ducks
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
one is a man and one is not ask tony allen

Sean Cagney
05-07-2011, 10:55 PM
one is a man and one is not ask tony allen

:rolleyes:rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2011, 11:11 PM
where the fck are the mods...stop allowing turds make trheads

Leetonidas
05-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Your screen name is quite indicative of your posts; sinful and BAD.

Spurtacus
05-08-2011, 12:07 AM
To see Rondo out there to make sure his team won was amazing.the guy had his elbow destroyed and came back and contributed.Manu could've played game 1.Its pathetic how he's made of glass and we have to pay the price.I love Manu but 2008 we lost because he was injured, same thing in 2009, 2010, 2011.Its always Manu!
If he plays game 1, we win the series.Dont tell me pop didn't let him.If he really wanted to he would've and no one could've stopped him.

this thread is pathetic

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-08-2011, 12:09 AM
He's not hood. There, I said it.

TheSpursFNRule
05-08-2011, 12:16 AM
wait why is everyone dissing the OP and not acknowledging what he said? Manu could have played....

20beastie45
05-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Stupid

drok210
05-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Manu has won at every level and league he has been a part of over the last 20 years. Rondo can't shoot for shit and his own team thinks he acts like a self absorbed bitch. :toast

tlongII
05-08-2011, 01:32 AM
The OP makes a good point actually. Rondo's injury in fact appeared to be worse than Ginobili's. One could legitimately make the argument that the Spurs' first round demise should be blamed on Manu.

Doctor J
05-08-2011, 02:08 AM
The situations were different.

Celtics were down 0-2, and they were in desperate situaion. So Rondo had to play even though his elbow might have been worse than Manu's.

Manu missed Game 1, not because he was a coward, but because Pop might have thought they could win Game 1 without Manu, or it was not worth risking Manu's further injury.

SinBAD
05-08-2011, 02:13 AM
I make a good point.If Manu plays we win game 1 which we lost by 3 no questions asked and the grizz dont build the confidence they had after game 1.Manu said he could play, Parker said he looks good and he WOULD BE SHOCKED IF HE DIDN'T PLAY.Pop being over cautious cost us the series no doubt.Even if he played limited minutes (20 min) we would've won.We also would've beaten OKC.

It makes me sad when i see a player running around with his left arm hanging down, catching passes and making steals with 1 hand wheres as manu didnt play.now manu will be well rested for FIBA and what did we gain?Nothing except talk about the end of the dynasty.Manu makes 10 million a year, you dont think he should've played no matter what?Its on Pop and Manu

Proxy
05-08-2011, 02:15 AM
The OP makes a good point actually. Rondo's injury in fact appeared to be worse than Ginobili's. One could legitimately make the argument that the Spurs' first round demise should be blamed on Manu.

Manu wanted to play. Get your facts strait, bitch.

Doctor J
05-08-2011, 02:19 AM
I make a good point.If Manu plays we win game 1 which we lost by 3 no questions asked and the grizz dont build the confidence they had after game 1.Manu said he could play, Parker said he looks good and he WOULD BE SHOCKED IF HE DIDN'T PLAY.Pop being over cautious cost us the series no doubt.Even if he played limited minutes (20 min) we would've won.We also would've beaten OKC.

It makes me sad when i see a player running around with his left arm hanging down, catching passes and making steals with 1 hand wheres as manu didnt play.now manu will be well rested for FIBA and what did we gain?Nothing except talk about the end of the dynasty.Manu makes 10 million a year, you dont think he should've played no matter what?Its on Pop and Manu

I see your point, SinBAD.

But how could Manu play when Pop said 'no'? It was not on Manu at least. He wanted to play (we all know that), but he couldn't play because his coach didn't allow him to.

I am quite sure Spurs would have won the series in 5 or 6, had Manu played Game 1...

mingus
05-08-2011, 02:30 AM
He's not hood. There, I said it.

it has nothing to do with Manu not being "hood". :lol Manu has 3 championships a World Championship and is one of the most competitive & accomplished players of this generation. it's not a quesiton of whether he wanted to play. he wanted to play, and he would've played, but the guy on the sidelines said "no." which is ridiculous because Manu's basketball resume blows Popovich's out of the water. he treated Manu like a rookie telling him he couldn't play.

05-08-2011, 03:51 AM
ginobili probably would have gone back into the game too if the spurs were playing the lakers or something. but he would have just committed 5 turnovers. ginobili has a bigger role, he can't just dribble down the court or get the occasional open lay up.

Bukefal
05-08-2011, 06:22 AM
I think there was a huge lack of motivation and fighter mentality the whole team had. It looks like they did not really care, nor really wanting do to everything they could to accomplish and win. They didnt play to win.

And I see other teams, do have a huge motivation, confidence and the right mentality. They will do everything. Including the Grizz.

TJastal
05-08-2011, 06:37 AM
I think there was a huge lack of motivation and fighter mentality the whole team had. It looks like they did not really care, nor really wanting do to everything they could to accomplish and win. They didnt play to win.

And I see other teams, do have a huge motivation, confidence and the right mentality. They will do everything. Including the Grizz.

That's a nice thought. What it has to do with this thread I have no fucking idea.

And OP you need to get your facts straight. If Manu had his way he would have played. If Rick Carlisle is coaching the spurs, Manu would have played and the spurs likely take games 1 and 2. From there its anyone's guess but the spurs would have been in a much better position heading to Memphis.

Bukefal
05-08-2011, 06:59 AM
That's a nice thought. What it has to do with this thread I have no fucking idea.

Well it has to do with this thread in the way that it seems the OP is questioning Manu's motivation and fight mentality, as in he should have played harder even though he had elbow problems and toughen up , just like Rondo. As if, Manu did not do enough.

So im saying is, it seems the whole team did not even have the motivation or the right mentality to begin with.

TJastal
05-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Well it has to do with this thread in the way that it seems the OP is questioning Manu's motivation and fight mentality, as in he should have played harder even though he had elbow problems and toughen up , just like Rondo. As if, Manu did not do enough.

So im saying is, it seems the whole team did not even have the motivation or the right mentality to begin with.

Well its quite possible, but I wouldn't blame the players, especially Manu. Manu gave Pop the green light to play in game 1 but Pop wouldn't allow it.
I'm not sure what Pop's reasoning was, especially considering he took a gamble using Manu in the last regular season game that meant nothing to the spurs in terms of standings. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he kept Manu out of game 1 to save face. In fact, that's my preferred theory atm.

So if the spurs lost their fight, I'm guessing it was probably due to dealing with all of Pop's schizophrenic decisions (esp not using Splitter) during the course of the season which became too much of a burden in the end.

rmt
05-08-2011, 09:12 AM

Pop underestimating MEM cost us the series. He should have played Manu and used Splitter from the first game. But Parker also underestimated MEM too. When he heard Barkley pick MEM, he said, "Really, he picked MEM. I got to talk to Charles." What a waste - looks like Mavs are going to take down LA.

ElNono
05-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Manu wanted to play... it wasn't his decision not to...

/thread

pjjrfan
05-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Pop takes care of his players plus like u said it was notManu's call and the injuries were different Manu' was a sprain Rondo's was a dislocated elbow,sit was nasty but all they had to do was put it back in place, their was some discomfort but he was good to go. What the celts did was put Rondo's career in jeopardy, maybe they win this game but they also risk losing Rondo for the rest of the series.

easy7
05-08-2011, 10:05 AM

It is all water under the bridge. There is nothing that can't be done now. It is also an assumption that the Spurs could have won the first game with Manu. If Manu would have played and they would have lost, Memphis could have probably swept the Spurs. for they did lose 3 and won 2 with Manu playing... No reason to cry over spill milk. It is done and past. We need to move on.

King
05-08-2011, 10:27 AM
A big difference is that Rondo's injury happened in the heat of an important game, and he stayed in. Manu's injury happened in a meaningless game, and he was pulled out. His coach sat him for the game. See what Rondo goes in game 4 without the luxury of adrenaline.

rascal
05-08-2011, 11:14 AM

So you think Manu would have played even if Pop said no.

Manu would just run out on the court and override what Pop said.

roycrikside
05-08-2011, 11:21 AM
What nobody is bringing up is what a crap coach Spoelstra is. I would've fouled Rondo on purpose every time down the floor and made him shoot free throws one handed until Rivers had no choice but to take him out.

rascal
05-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I see your point, SinBAD.

But how could Manu play when Pop said 'no'? It was not on Manu at least. He wanted to play (we all know that), but he couldn't play because his coach didn't allow him to.

I am quite sure Spurs would have won the series in 5 or 6, had Manu played Game 1...

No the spurs would not have won the series. The spurs could not beat Memphis in the other games that manu did play going 2-3 and needing a last second miracle shot and overtime in one of those games that they trailed for most of the game.

Memphis was the better team.

Memphis is going to also beat OKC.

hitmanyr2k
05-08-2011, 11:30 AM
What nobody is bringing up is what a crap coach Spoelstra is. I would've fouled Rondo on purpose every time down the floor and made him shoot free throws one handed until Rivers had no choice but to take him out.

Exactly. I said the same thing in the game thread last night. Rondo was clearly favoring his bad arm and dribbling around with one hand. The Heat for some reason didn't jump on him and pressure the guy and make him use his bad arm. They also know Rondo is a horrendous free throw shooter (with two good arms :lol) but no one put him on his ass when he came down the lane for free layups. Shame on Spo for not employing the "sweep the leg" mentality. I doubt Memphis would have let Ginobili get away with that shit without a hard foul of some kind if they knew he was injured.

roycrikside
05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
So you think Manu would have played even if Pop said no.

Manu would just run out on the court and override what Pop said.

Pop should've played Manu game 1. Manu wanted to play. Shane Battier said so himself, that Game 1 win gave the Grizzlies belief in themselves. It was the most important game of the series. We win that first game, it's a completely different series.

Heck, we win the first two, we're up 2-0 and even if Memphis IS the better team 1-12, not too many teams recover from 2-0 down in a best of 7. The psychology would've been way different.

Emeyin
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I blame it on Pop's arrogance that the team can just win without their best player.

Strike
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM

/thread

spurtech09
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
If he plays game 1, we win the series.Dont tell me pop didn't let him.If he really wanted to he would've and no one could've stopped him.this

kaji157
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
You can say that you can play all you want, but with Pop he always decides.
Pop understimated Memphis and thought that Manu coming back would be enough to win game 2 and steal one in Memphis, he was wrong, end of story.

Dex
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM

/thread

This.

I think even the team expected him to play, and was a little deflated when he didn't. I remember some of them making comments about it after the loss, talking about how it wasn't what they had expected, but they just had to go out and play.

Gambles very often don't pay off, otherwise it wouldn't be a gamble.

TJastal
05-09-2011, 09:41 AM
This.

I think even the team expected him to play, and was a little deflated when he didn't. I remember some of them making comments about it after the loss, talking about how it wasn't what they had expected, but they just had to go out and play.

Gambles very often don't pay off, otherwise it wouldn't be a gamble.

Good point. Pop thinks he's so friggin' cute with his little shenanigans he pulls and doesn't stop to realize what affect they are having on the team. Like last season when he thought he'd be cute and bench Tim Duncan against the raptors when the team had finally rounded the corner and was getting on a roll (all with Duncan playing limited minutes). Well, most of us know how that one turned out (backfired in a big way).

cheguevara
05-09-2011, 10:25 AM
one is 33 and the other one is 25. you do the math

ChumpDumper
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
one is 33 and the other one is 25. you do the mathOne is also relatively fragile and the other isn't.

purist
05-09-2011, 01:09 PM
apples and oranges, people. if manu got hurt in a game 3, down 2-0, he would have played, just like Rondo. but game 1, before the series even starts, is a different scenario.

Pop, like many fans here, thought his team could handle Memphis for one game without Manu.

hindsight is 20/20, but don't act like y'all knew it would end this way, cuz y'all didn't.

And btw, get it over it and move on.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Full of fail

Fail is strong on this one.

Manu played - few more people showed up

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
this guy is probably a remnant of the now defunct Church of Tony.

SpurYank
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
SinBAD, you must think all people are the same as all the bottles of coke in a box of 24.
Also, Manu doesn't dictate who plays or who doesn't after an injury. You may as well have asked, "Jason Terry hit 9 out of 10 3-pointers. Why can't Manu?" (Were you also going "Wah, Wah, Wah" like a lot of the Spurs fans there in S.A.). That would be your speed of thinking.

cantthinkofanything
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
one is 33 and the other one is 25. you do the math

Eight. It's eight years.

mingus
05-09-2011, 02:53 PM
apples and oranges, people. if manu got hurt in a game 3, down 2-0, he would have played, just like Rondo. but game 1, before the series even starts, is a different scenario.

Pop, like many fans here, thought his team could handle Memphis for one game without Manu.

hindsight is 20/20, but don't act like y'all knew it would end this way, cuz y'all didn't.

And btw, get it over it and move on.

speak for yourself. Grizz were a team the Spurs should've taken very seriouusly. Manu should've been dressed at least so that if the Spurs were struggling they could put him in. i know that i and others on here felt that way.

BanditHiro
05-09-2011, 03:10 PM
:pop:

Mugen
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Manu not playing in Game 1 was just another notch in Pop's Greatest Hits - 2010/2011 Collection.

No big deal.

crc21209
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Manu wanted to play, Pop held him out....

z0sa
05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Pop/Manu/whoever should've made sure he played in Game 1. We are probably playing the Thunder if he plays in Game 1

romsho
05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
The situations were different.

Celtics were down 0-2, and they were in desperate situaion. So Rondo had to play even though his elbow might have been worse than Manu's.

Manu missed Game 1, not because he was a coward, but because Pop might have thought they could win Game 1 without Manu, or it was not worth risking Manu's further injury.

More to the point, Pop undervalued just how good Memphis was, thinking they could win w/o Manu. You see Rondo out there playing with torn elbow ligament (just reported) and know that Manu wanted to, could have, and in hindsight should have, played. Most of the decisions, moves, and buttons Pop pushed pretty much blew up in his face end of season and postseason.

Nathan Explosion
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Just going back to a post where it said that if Gino wanted to play, Pop couldn't stop him. Last time I checked, Pop is the coach. He sets the lineups and he puts players on the floor. Gino could have suited up and sat on the bench, but if Pop doesn't call his number, he can't get on the floor plain and simple.

spurs10
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
This is probably the most dumbass thread I have ever read. What the hell is wrong with you?

TMTTRIO
05-22-2011, 11:32 PM
By the way in a recent interview Manu said it's been fractured all this time.

http://www.canchallena.com/1375201-ginobili-prefiere-a-los-experimentados-para-mar-del-plata

Injury. At the end of the regular stage, Ginobili suffered an elbow injury. "Last Wednesday, the medical staff of San Antonio I had the last MRI. The fluid is reabsorbed and the small fracture of the humerus is welded at 85 percent. I have to be doing nothing for 3 weeks and then begin slowly, "he said.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2011, 11:39 PM
LeBron couldn't do it, what makes you think Manu can :cry

Wilford Brimley
05-22-2011, 11:43 PM
I have no doubt Manu was legitimately injured. I'm going to get flamed for this but his injury is a direct result of casting God out of his life. Tim and Tony had injuries as well, but their strong faith pulled them through and they didn't miss any playoff games. Manu turned his back on the Lord, and as a result the Lord turned his back on him.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2011, 12:35 AM
I have no doubt Manu was legitimately injured. I'm going to get flamed for this but his injury is a direct result of casting God out of his life. Tim and Tony had injuries as well, but their strong faith pulled them through and they didn't miss any playoff games. Manu turned his back on the Lord, and as a result the Lord turned his back on him.

WTF? WHen did Manu say that or act like he dropped GOD from his life?

Wilford Brimley
05-23-2011, 12:58 AM
WTF? WHen did Manu say that or act like he dropped GOD from his life?

He admitted he was an atheist earlier this season. You reap what you sow.

Em-City
05-23-2011, 02:40 AM

You sir, are a fucking idiot

Sean Cagney
05-23-2011, 02:49 AM

Thats him, oh well I am not but thats his life and injury has notta doing with being an athiest...... He hurt himself because he did, it will happen to a god fearing man or an athiest. GOD FEARING MEN HAVE DIED in worse situations, it's life and when the lord pulls your card he does.

BTW was he not an athiest when he nearly won MVP in 05 finals? I guess GOD got him outta the because he was then and gave it to TIM!

Wilford Brimley
05-23-2011, 05:21 AM
You sir, are a fucking idiot

You don't have to agree with me, but personal attacks are unnecessary. I have my beliefs, you have yours.

Thats him, oh well I am not but thats his life and injury has notta doing with being an athiest...... He hurt himself because he did, it will happen to a god fearing man or an athiest. GOD FEARING MEN HAVE DIED in worse situations, it's life and when the lord pulls your card he does.

BTW was he not an athiest when he nearly won MVP in 05 finals? I guess GOD got him outta the because he was then and gave it to TIM!

SC, I don't mean to be rude but it's hard to read your posts because of the poor grammar and syntax. If you are foreign then I apologize.

Ice009
05-23-2011, 06:59 AM
By the way in a recent interview Manu said it's been fractured all this time.

http://www.canchallena.com/1375201-ginobili-prefiere-a-los-experimentados-para-mar-del-plata

Injury. At the end of the regular stage, Ginobili suffered an elbow injury. "Last Wednesday, the medical staff of San Antonio I had the last MRI. The fluid is reabsorbed and the small fracture of the humerus is welded at 85 percent. I have to be doing nothing for 3 weeks and then begin slowly, "he said.

So did they know it was fractured the whole time or only just saw it in the last MRI he had?

Manu was probably our best player of the series and it seems that he played with a fractured elbow. What excuse do the rest of the players on the team have for their piss poor performance? I'm not real happy with most of the players on the team after that showing.

ChuckD
05-23-2011, 07:15 AM

Nah, if God were really up there and angry, he would have either deformed or made stillborn one of the Ginobili twins. Why go for a pussy little thing like a cracked elbow when Manu turned his back on Him?

ElNono
05-23-2011, 08:20 AM
lol trolled

DAF86
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Manu > fractured elbows > God

spursfan09
05-23-2011, 11:14 AM
So I guess he was actually playing with a broken one instead

JonNOKC
05-23-2011, 01:10 PM
So I guess he was actually playing with a broken one instead

This appears to be accurate - here is article from Sports Nation

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/05/22/did-manu-play-in-the-playoffs-with-a-broken-arm/

ALVAREZ6
05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
lol trolled

:lmao the responses are pretty funny

cantthinkofanything
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Nah, if God were really up there and angry, he would have either deformed or made stillborn one of the Ginobili twins. Why go for a pussy little thing like a cracked elbow when Manu turned his back on Him?

That's cold. They were supposed to have triplets.

spurtech09
05-23-2011, 03:08 PM
so I hear manu was playing with a broken arm?He played better than rondo if his arm was broken....imagine if he was healthy ....

y2kbug
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Citation needed or GTFO

Wilford Brimley
05-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Citation needed or GTFO

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106920

God sees everything. The quote was actually before the 2008-2009 season. Since then our boys have been irrelevant. Coincidence?

DAF86
05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
For the record he didn't admit it this season. I've known he's an atheist for almost a decade now, and he has done pretty well imho.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2011, 05:30 PM
For the record he didn't admit it this season. I've known he's an atheist for almost a decade now, and he has done pretty well imho.

HIS BUSINESS no doubt. His life, he is cool with me.

Brazil
05-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Wilford with the good trolling job !

"citation needed of GTFO" :lmao