PDA

View Full Version : Kobe... NBA All Defensive Team?

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:08 PM
He's been getting selected in 10 of the last 11 seasons... which has really been a gimmick for, at least, the last 5 seasons...

Does he deserves the selection this year? :hat

BRHornet45
05-08-2011, 11:09 PM
yea I mean hell why not? its a good story line for the NBA and helps boost his fraudulent credentials even more.

HarlemHeat37
05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
He hasn't deserved it since 2003..if he makes it this year, it would be a slap in the face to every decent defender in NBA history..his D has been terrible, all year..

BRHornet45
05-08-2011, 11:12 PM
the same can be said for Duncan to be honest ... if there are any non-homer Spur fans out there they will admit the truth. just like the bogus All Star game selections too.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Blahhhhhhhh like I said a million times, if he was so great on D why not shut down Billups or Hamilton in 04 who were killing them? Why not step over to guard one? Boston in 08 when Pierce and Allen go off, why not guard one of them if you are so great on D? They are all smaller right or around your size? Good D player but VERY OVERRATED! I always use this here as an example and it's a damn good one. Instead he guards Prince or Rondo lol! Lets the others go off.

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 11:13 PM
the same can be said for Duncan to be honest ... if there are any non-homer Spur fans out there they will admit the truth. just like the bogus All Star game selections too.

That's gonna go over like a fart in church.

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:13 PM

Not his fault Capt West makes him look good, tbh...

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:14 PM

So Tim Duncan being an all star most of those years was not justified? I mean this year cool, but all those bogus all stars? Are you serious? He was fit for that more than a few times, hell until this year which I give you when has he not been an all star? Last year? I can give you that as well just to make you happy, otherwise? LMFAO okay.
That's gonna go over like a fart in church.

Like this will with you that I just posted. Read about the Pistons 04 series or 08 like I said above, why not have KOBe the great defender guard Billups or Hamilton who were going off or Pierce and Allen in 08, instead he guards Rondo and Prince lol and shoots 38% while guarding those TOUGH guards:lmao:lmao

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
So Tim Duncan being an all star most of those years was not justified? I mean this year cool, but all those bogus all stars? Are you serious? He was fit for that more than a few times, hell until this year which I give you when has he not been an all star? Last year? I can give you that as well just to make you happy, otherwise? LMFAO okay.

You win, BR... :lol

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 11:15 PM

Nice wedgee, BR.

tee, hee.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Nice wedgee, BR.

tee, hee.

Blahhhhhhhh like I said a million times, if he was so great on D why not shut down Billups or Hamilton in 04 who were killing them? Why not step over to guard one? Boston in 08 when Pierce and Allen go off, why not guard one of them if you are so great on D? They are all smaller right or around your size? Good D player but VERY OVERRATED! I always use this here as an example and it's a damn good one. Instead he guards Prince or Rondo lol! Lets the others go off.

SKUNKER HERE TEE HEE!!!!!!!!!! :rollin:rollin

ohmwrecker
05-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Bynum should get the nod, tbh.

BRHornet45
05-08-2011, 11:22 PM
sons Duncan hasn't been a legit all star since 2005 ... over the last SIX seasons he has been awarded a spot on the all star team not because of his play on the court, but because of what he did from 99-05. you can't deny that each and every year there were far more deserving players with far better stats. I mean hell over the last six years Duncan has only put up 20 and 10 ONCE.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:24 PM
sons Duncan hasn't been a legit all star since 2005 ... over the last SIX seasons he has been awarded a spot on the all star team not because of his play on the court, but because of what he did from 99-05. you can't deny that each and every year there were far more deserving players with far better stats. I mean hell over the last six years Duncan has only put up 20 and 10 ONCE.

Ur an idiot....... PERIOD.

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:25 PM

tbh, West should have been an All Star just for bitchslapping Dirk... The NBA has a bias, son...

BRHornet45
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Ur an idiot....... PERIOD.

son I challenge you to take your homer glasses off and simply just look at the stats and the facts. I understand that Timmy is a hero of yours and you will side with him all the time, but come on man be real for once. you can't SERIOUSLY believe that Duncan has been an All Star over the last six seasons? I give him maybe 1 or 2 of those seasons AT BEST to make the all star reserves ... if that

Killakobe81
05-08-2011, 11:28 PM
son I challenge you to take your homer glasses off and simply just look at the stats and the facts. I understand that Timmy is a hero of yours and you will side with him all the time, but come on man be real for once. you can't SERIOUSLY believe that Duncan has been an All Star over the last six seasons? I give him maybe 1 or 2 of those seasons AT BEST to make the all star reserves ... if that

Preach on BR, they love you when you hammer Rose, Kobe and Lebron but try to crucify you when you attack Tim ...dont let them off the hook!!

Spur, Laker and Hornets fans all eating the same turd sandwich ...

DPG21920
05-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Killa is melting down :lol

Killakobe81
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Killa is melting down :lol

LOL you want more ...thought i regulated you yesterday ...

DPG21920
05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
:lol Melting down and delusional.

Did the fam enjoy their Lakers Mother's Day Massacre?

DJ Mbenga
05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
should be tony allen. but i love how the spurs fans pile on when its about kobe but when br moves on to duncan suddenly he is stupid

Giuseppe
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Preach on BR, they love you when you hammer Rose, Kobe and Lebron but try to crucify you when you attack Tim ...dont let them off the hook!!

Spur, Laker and Hornets fans all eating the same turd sandwich ...

Killa

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
should be tony allen. but i love how the spurs fans pile on when its about kobe but when br moves on to duncan suddenly he is stupid

count me as a Spurs fan that didn't think TD deserved his last AS selection... I thought LMA deserved the spot....

Killakobe81
05-08-2011, 11:40 PM

preach DJ!!

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:42 PM

Not me I will always set it on this dude and his boy Carlton NO RINGS Paul at PG! He can talk all he wants, but his team will get sent outta town soon like it was in Charlotte when his boy leaves the team :rollin:rollin:rollin, still no rings there......

TimmehC
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
count me as a Spurs fan that didn't think TD deserved his last AS selection... I thought LMA deserved the spot....

This.

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2011, 11:49 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1171/lolkobefail.png

fck kobe

Hoops Czar
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM

Post 2007, his defense was above average for a player at his position but the all-star appearance are not sincerely justified. Either he was voted in by default or by reputation.

Cessation
05-08-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll give that this years allstar selection for duncan was questionable, in prior years, I think not. His contribution on d, plus all the intangibles he provides don't show up on the boxscore. Sadly not one of br's best troll jobs, but he did have a couple of gems this week.

dunkman
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
I think that Duncan was a legit all-star, even this year. By the time of the all-star selections, the Spurs had the best NBA record and while not obviously through offensive production, objectively he was somehow more important than other Spurs players, hence the 0:6 record while he was injured.

MI21
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Duncan has had some questionable All-Star decisions, like many aging bigmen. This year he only made it because of the Spurs gaudy record. If they had a normal record, he wouldn't of made it. I don't agree with it, but it's not unlike when the Pistons had 4 All-Star. They weren't all deserving.

His defense has slipped now and probably doesn't deserve All-Defense team.

Kobe Bryant hasn't deserved All-Defensive team status in the last 5 years, perhaps ever.

Barfunk
05-09-2011, 12:15 AM

You probably mean he hasn't been a legit all star since 2007 as Duncan put up 20, 10, 3, and 2 on 55% shooting on a CHAMPIONSHIP squad that year bro. Then he put up 19 and 11 in 2008, 19 and 10 in 2009, and 18 and 10 in 2010 (His 2011 selection was undeserved. Plus, he was only averaging 28 mpg). If players like Pow Gasol can make the all star game never averaging 20 and 10, why can't Duncan?

ElNono
05-09-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/9...l-defense-team

First team: All-Defensive First Team (in order of vote point totals): Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett

Second team: All-Defensive 2nd Team (in order of vote point totals): Tony Allen, Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, Andre Iguodala, Joakim Noah

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Jelloisjigglin
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Kobe is a great defender 'most' of the time. Unfortunately too often he decides to gamble or play "free safety" thus leaving shooters wide open. It's pretty fucking annoying tbh

So yes, he's D is at least slightly overrated.

Ashy Larry
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
He's been getting selected in 10 of the last 11 seasons... which has really been a gimmick for, at least, the last 5 seasons...

Does he deserves the selection this year? :hat

nope. Most of us on this forum has seen the majority of Laker games. I'm a Lakers fan but I just tell it like it is. I call a spade a spade. Have you seen anything Kobe has done this year on the defensive end that makes you say damn, that's first team material ???

1 steal per game
0.2 blocks per game

so it must be his man to man defense that got him on the first team .....

I just don't see it.

Ashy Larry
05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1171/lolkobefail.png

fck kobe

:rollin

TD21-FTW
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/19/129187629945023635.jpg

ElNono
05-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Humble Larry with the goods...

TD21-FTW
05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
From now on, leave Kobe alone becouse...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/gallenb123/NBA/raped-1.jpg

Jodelo
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Kobe over Iguodala and even Allen wow... :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Bito Corleone
05-09-2011, 03:16 PM
sons Duncan hasn't been a legit all star since 2005
Legit question: Should David West have been an all star in any, or all, of those years?

Ashy Larry
05-09-2011, 05:07 PM

counted because clearly Duncan wasn't even close to the numbers and productivity coming from LA. And with that said, Kobe doesn't deserve this one either......

Ashy Larry
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Legit question: Should David West have been an all star in any, or all, of those years?

I'd say in 2008. New Orleans made a pretty good run that year even though they lost to San Antone. You could definitely make a case for that year .......

FkLA
05-09-2011, 05:45 PM
no way he deserves it, glorified tmac hasnt guarded the opposing teams best perimeter player in years....especially in the regular season. theyve had guys like fox, george, ariza, and now artest handle that and fisher was a solid defender in his younger yrs too. which is understandable considering how much energy he uses up on the offensive end chucking up 25+ shots, so i dont really blame glorified tmac for this i blame the clueless niggas that keep gift wrapping him these selections bolstering his already overrated resume.

Jt.ONE
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
but i love how the spurs fans pile on when its about kobe but when br moves on to duncan suddenly he is stupid

this.

Jt.ONE
05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
concerning the OP though, kobe definitely doesn't deserve all-def team this year, last year neither