PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: Mavs praying OKC wins

DJ Mbenga
05-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Barkley whether you like him or not has been on a roll these playoffs. he said that tonight. do you agree? i love memphis and think they would beat dallas but i dont know how anyone else feels.

ElNono
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
They did a heck of a job closing down our 3's... so they got that down... I'm not sold they have anybody to stop Dirk, and I think Chandler can check ZBo

BlackSwordsMan
05-08-2011, 11:42 PM
didn't know he was on tonight woulda like to have heard what he had to say tbh

ducks
05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Mem vs bulls in finals book it

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
YES, they are big inside and can shut down the three, Dallas struggled with that team all year like we did, thats a bad matchup! Dallas might win it but IT WILL NOT BE EASY if they meet.

Halberto
05-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see Memphis go all the way, but I think the Mavs will close them out. Tyson Chandler is going to be the best defensive big they've faced.

Axe Murderer
05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
We'd be fine with either team.

The Grizzlies are hot but they are a lot like the Lakers and we have Haywood, Bynum, Marion to check ZBO and Randolph

we have OKC's number, even winning one without Dirk, but I think Westbrook could give us a lot of problems

ducks
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Allen will shut down terry and the mavs will be toast

dirk4mvp
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Allen will shut down terry and the mavs will be toast

ducks

davethedope
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
It would be a major blow to the franchise if Dallas lost to either Memphis or OKC.
I think it will be a blow to the franchise if they don't win the title, cuz it's there's to lose.

Now, I'm over my irrational Celtic hatred, and Knick self-loathing, I think the Celtics might be the only team to be able to challenge them.

However, while the Celtics can take Atlanta or Chicago, the only way they get past
Miami is by Miami choking and underachieving. I still don't think Boston can beat
a Miami firing on all cylinders.

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
I keep waiting for Conley to come crashing back down to earth, but to his credit he hasn't. Same thing for the Memphis team as a whole I guess.
I suppose if you really believe that defense wins championships, you have to believe they've got a legitimate shot to take it all this year, as they just might be the best defensive team remaining.

However, I wonder if Memphis has faced a challenging defense themselves.

Interesting playoffs to say the least. Just a few days ago, it looked like the Celtics were dead, now it's conceivable given Miami's up and down play, that the Celtics could fight their way back and win.

baseline bum
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
That quote from Barkley kind of surprises me. Memphis has lived off pressuring scoring point guards into bad turnovers in their series with the Spurs and Thunder. Not so sure that's going to work as well on someone who sees the floor like Kidd though.

Banzai
05-09-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/armpit.gif

crc21209
05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Charles and the Mavs might have to be careful what they ask for, either way. If OKC ends up in the WCF they have a 2-headed monster in Westbrook and Durant that can take over a series just like Dirk can. While Memphis has the great inside play of Gasol and Randolph. Either one would be a tough out for the Mavs....

TE
05-09-2011, 12:17 AM
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/armpit.gif
:lmao

TE
05-09-2011, 12:20 AM
It would be a tossup if the Mavs and Grizz matched up in the WCF.

The Grizzlies have the best perimeter defense in the league. I think that would be bothersome for the Dallas's perimeter players. Dirk would still have his way though, but I don't know after that. And just like someone mentioned, Chandler would be the toughest and hardest defender to score that Randolph would face so far in the playoffs.

Good and entertaining matchup tbh.

Findog
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I think we would have more answers for Z-Bo (Chandler, Haywood) than they would for Dirk (Allen is too short to guard him). That would not be an easy series though.

OKC I think would be a little easier. We have always had trouble with the quick, speedy guards, but Westbrook is in Stephon Marbury mode right now. I think we can throw Marion, Stevenson and Brewer at Durant and let him get his 30-35 points against single coverage, while staying home on everybody else.

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
The Mavs would smash the Grizzlies.

ElNono
05-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Memphis is by far the best defensive team in the postseason, IMO. One of the few, if not the only one, that can get stops when they need them. And I'm not saying this because they beat us. They've been giving hell to OKC too.

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 12:56 AM
heat winning all anyway

Cessation
05-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Memphis is the more dangerous team, and have a good chance to beat the mavs. Dirk will get his, but the memphis d can locked down the rest. Not to mention, the grizz have faced the more difficult opponents thus far. You know what they say, you're only as good as your competition.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2011, 01:02 AM
heat winning all anyway

Probably......

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 01:03 AM
heat winning all anyway

^ this :toast

mavsfan1000
05-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Dallas likes playing big teams. It's the athletic teams that give them the problems. Imo the Thunder are more athletic.

FkLA
05-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Ive been on these niggas bandwagon since they knocked us out tbh. Chuckstrodamus, who has been dead on with absolutely all his predictions, making this proclamation makes me even more confident about them making the Finals. Theyre not just big, theyre also athletic and young...and they make use of that by being the most active team in these playoffs. Both on the boards and in applying pressure and forcing turnovers. Theyve shown the ability to neutralize the 3 ball, and as good as Dirk Diggler has been I dont think that nigga can beat the Grizzlies by himself he needs some help from his shooters. Dont expect them to lay down and spread their cheeks like Kobe and co. did when faced with adversity either, Memphis might just be the most resilient team in the league right now tbh.

Borosai
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Memphis would be more problematic.

Axe Murderer
05-09-2011, 01:53 AM
The Grizzlies have the best perimeter defense in the league. I think that would be bothersome for the Dallas's perimeter players. Dirk would still have his way though, but I don't know after that.

I disagree completely. I think Dallas matches up extremely well with Memphis and not as much OKC.

Memphis has great perimeter defenders that can guard you 1 on 1. None of Dallas' perimeter players are 1 on 1 types. Sure their rotation will probly be better than LA but Dallas is gonna get a ton of wide open shots regardless due to the double teaming of Dirk and the pick n roll.

Also, Randolph will have to go against Chandler who is the best defender he will have faced by far

mingus
05-09-2011, 03:06 AM
the reason Dallas would win against the Mavs imo is Chandler. he's the reason Dallas beat LA. Chandler might be the best defensive big in the league. he did a great job on TD in '08 when he was with NO whenever he faced him one-on-one. i think he would keep Randolph or Gasol in check. Haywood is a big body they can throw at Gasol.

then you have to consider this: Randolph or Gasol is going to have to guard Dirk. that's just hilarious. he would dominate either one of those guys and just as important take them away from the paint. and neither one of those guys has had to play defense so far in these playoffs. Duncan isn't much of a threat these days offensively and OKC's bigs aren't offensive-oriented. they've had it pretty easy in that they haven't had to expend any energy defensively.

Dallas is the most complete team out there and i never thought i'd say it, but i expect them to win it all. usually the most complete team wins it. it's either them or Miami, but i think Miami lack of spacing sometimes is going to do them in.

xellos88330
05-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Memphis and Dallas.

Yes please!!!

That would be a great series. Memphis completely shut down the Spurs perimeter. If they can do the same against Dallas, then the Mavs are in for a dogfight. I would be rooting for Memphis, because I want the Spurs to have lost to the eventual WCF Champs. It would make getting ousted in the first round not feel as bad.

cheguevara
05-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Barkley whether you like him or not has been on a roll these playoffs. he said that tonight. do you agree? i love memphis and think they would beat dallas but i dont know how anyone else feels.

I already predicted Memphis would destroy Mavs/Lakers on their way to the finals weeks ago. Barkley just following my lead...

Cane
05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
OKC's designed from the outside-in and they struggle to get easy baskets in the playoffs....of course you'd rather face them. Memphis is also much more physical.

Russell Westbrook looks like he has severe tunnel vision out there as well.

cheguevara
05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Westbrook is nothing more than an 08 Parker. amazing but won't take your team anywhere.

tlongII
05-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I think Dallas would beat Memphis, but it would be a tough 7 game series. Memphis matches up well with the Mavs. They have Allen and Battier to close out on the 3's and Z-Bo and Dirk would shit all over each other. Gasol would outscore Chandler as well.

tlongII
05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Why do people think Chandler would cover Z-Bo? You have to cover Gasol too.

nkdlunch
05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
IMO both teams OKC/Memphis will give a much tougher fight to Dallas. Let's be honest, this is the REAL ranking of teams in the West:
1. Dallas
2. Memphis
3. OKC
4. Lakers
5. Spurs

nkdlunch
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Why do people think Chandler would cover Z-Bo? You have to cover Gasol too.

Dirk will have to guard ZBO. they both will destroy each other. So they cancel out.

This series would be won on Memphis defensive side. If shots stop falling for Dallas. Bye bye.