PDA

View Full Version : How great would it have been if The Spurs...

davidbowie
05-09-2011, 08:50 AM
were the ones to completely embarrass and dismantle and destroy the end of Lakers/Phil's run. :whine

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Yep, yet another Spurs Fellow who thought the Mavs rippin' us a brand new one would quell the roiling.

Uh, uh.

rayray2k8
05-09-2011, 12:54 PM
The Mavs had the size to match up with the Lakers.. Did you not see what the Grizz did to the Spurs, or are you still delusional to believe that the Spurs actually had a chance?
However, had the Spurs remained in the playoffs and met the Mavs in the WCF, there could have been the possibility of San Antonio going to the finals.
Still doubt it since OKC might have killed us or if Chicago/Miami was waiting for the Spurs it wouldn't have been pretty.

Spurtacus
05-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Yep, yet another Spurs Fellow who thought the Mavs rippin' us a brand new one would quell the roiling.

Uh, uh.

Go back to the NBA forum. You fuck up every thread you post in.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Go back to the NBA forum. You fuck up every thread you post in.

This dude is on here all day it seems and posts in every thread! Why is he still here? Nobody knows. He is around 60 doing this as well, good lord if MY LIFE ends up like that I don't know man :depressed:lol

nkdlunch
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
The Mavs had the size to match up with the Lakers.. Did you not see what the Grizz did to the Spurs, or are you still delusional to believe that the Spurs actually had a chance?
However, had the Spurs remained in the playoffs and met the Mavs in the WCF, there could have been the possibility of San Antonio going to the finals.
Still doubt it since OKC might have killed us or if Chicago/Miami was waiting for the Spurs it wouldn't have been pretty.

in other words "the wheels fell off"

crc21209
05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
were the ones to completely embarrass and dismantle and destroy the end of Lakers/Phil's run. :whine

The Spurs ended their main dynasty of the era, in 03' when they spanked the Shaq-Kobe duo.....

rayray2k8
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
in other words "the wheels fell off"

Pretty much.. Or till Bonner drives them off.

TimmehC
05-09-2011, 03:58 PM
This dude is on here all day it seems and posts in every thread! Why is he still here? Nobody knows. He is around 60 doing this as well, good lord if MY LIFE ends up like that I don't know man :depressed:lol

There's not a lot to do here in AZ, tbqh.

cd98
05-09-2011, 04:30 PM
The Spurs stopped L.A.'s run in 2003. That is much sweeter given that we beat Kobe and Shaq in their primes.

The Mavs beat a Laker team that is in decline and that quit playing about three weeks into the season. They were a shell of their former, which wasn't that great a championship team anyway.

cd98
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM

LA didn't get killed on size. They got killed b/c Pau Gasol was playing injured and sucking and Kobe is over the hill and can't dominate a series anymore. L.A. also lost because Dallas shot the three ball really well. All of these things could have happened in a Laker/Spurs series.

Heck, the injury depleted Hornets almost took L.A. to the brink. They were dead on arrival in the playoffs. At least to everyone but the national pundits, who kept promising L.A. was waiting for the playoffs to turn up their game.

cantthinkofanything
05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
LA didn't get killed on size. They got killed b/c Pau Gasol was playing injured and sucking and Kobe is over the hill and can't dominate a series anymore. L.A. also lost because Dallas shot the three ball really well. All of these things could have happened in a Laker/Spurs series.

Heck, the injury depleted Hornets almost took L.A. to the brink. They were dead on arrival in the playoffs. At least to everyone but the national pundits, who kept promising L.A. was waiting for the playoffs to turn up their game.

Who would have thought the Lakers would be off the air before Franklin and Bash?

Spursdaone
05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah it would've been great. We go out against the lowly Grizzlies while the Mavs destroy Portland. I guess we just can't expect good things for this team.

bus driver
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
The Spurs ended their main dynasty of the era, in 03' when they spanked the Shaq-Kobe duo.....

this,

the spurs had their fair share of knocking out those losers. didnt the spurs shut down the GWF?

:flag:

Sean Cagney
05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I agree with those who said we got them in their prime! Shaq and Kobe in their primes is alot sweeter! The Spurs team now and Lakers team then are also better than the Mavs or Lakers of today, so I will take the 03 ending the threepeat.
this,

the spurs had their fair share of knocking out those losers. didnt the spurs shut down the GWF?

:flag:

Ur damn right they did, swept LA that year.

thispego
05-09-2011, 06:53 PM
lol rayray2k8 :lol