PDA

View Full Version : Artest, Odum, Bynum -- was it racist?

jsandiego
05-09-2011, 10:38 AM
First Artest clotheslines J.J. Barea in Game 3. Then within moments of being swept, Odum lowers his shoulder into Dirk, followed by Bynum's absolute punk move on Barea.

Is it any coincidence these 'tough guys' do these b!tch moves to the Euro and the short Puerto Rican?? I have no doubt they wouldn't try that crap on Tyson Chandler.

Why is it acceptable to cheap shot a Euro and a Puerto Rican? Just curious if anyone else considered the possibility of at least covert racism on the part of the laker cheap-shot artists, or was it just that Barea was such a pest that they were frustrated?

Maybe my speculation is totally off-base. But if it was Spud Webb or Mugsy Bogues that was the pest, I don't think Bynum would have knocked him out of mid-air during his layup drill late in the 4th Q.

Venti Quattro
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
How I wish they would've all took a shot at Pau Gasol.

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
0-4

That's the end of the story.

jsandiego
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
How I wish they would've all took a shot at Pau Gasol.
from the reports I hear, Vanessa Bryant took a shot at Pau by encouraging Pau's girlfriend to break up with him. Kobe & Pau haven't spoken in a month.:ihit:ihit

Dex
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I love how both the Laker thugs decided to take out their aggression on the smallest guy on the court. I don't even like that hamster-faced midget, but there's no room for that in the game.

An isolated incident or two would be one thing, but three key players all being ejected on blatant flagrant fouls in the closing seconds of games (or the season) goes back to the coaching staff and the orgo. If the league really cares about displaying these guys as people with character, then they need to make teams at least think twice before signing these hotheads and putting them out on the court.

DMX7
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
They only reason Kobe didn't jump in too is because he's an uncle tom.

Venti Quattro
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
They made JJ Barea, the guy that everyone in Dallas hates, so lovable in just one week.

greensborohill
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
No, Bynum did the exact same thing to Beasly and to G. Wallace, not racist, just mentally soft and fake tough.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Not racist, just pussy. As greensborohill said, mentally weak and fake tough guys. That's pretty much a perfect description of Andrew Bynum, one of the league's largest pussies. And he explained during post game, he simply couldn't take the embarrassment; he was butthurt to the max and couldn't take it like a man, had to be a sore loser. Mentally weak pussy ass bitch.

v2freak
05-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Frustration took over. I don't think it's necessarily cause Nowitski and Barea are white. It was maybe more of a wrong place at the wrong time type thing.

greensborohill
05-09-2011, 11:11 AM
don't know if you guys saw, but the reason Odom did what he did was b/c Dirk swatted his practice free throw right before Odom made the 2nd free throw.

Cane
05-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Phil Jackson trolled the shit out of the Lakers by splicing clips from Jackass into their film session. Fantastic trolling and they deserved it tbh considering their "defense" and it was Phil's last stand anyway.

Too much pressure for those egos to take.

mavsfan1000
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
It was definitely racists imo. But I guess they find it easier to pick on the weaker players. Odom is an emotional player but Bynum is a fucking thug. I would definitely not want to be in a dark alley with Bynum close by.

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
It was definitely racists imo. But I guess they find it easier to pick on the weaker players. Odom is an emotional player but Bynum is a fucking thug. I would definitely not want to be in a dark alley with Bynum close by.

That's what guns are for. :lol

TimmehC
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
No, Bynum did the exact same thing to Beasly and to G. Wallace, not racist, just mentally soft and fake tough.
this.

Sportcamper
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Sheesh...It was just a mild shove...GET OVER IT!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/img/4.0/global/swapper/201105/110509.20.jpg

Sportcamper
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Diana Taurasi throws a better forearm than that…

mavsfan1000
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Lol, you bitch.
And if Chandler did the same thing to Gasol or Blake? What would you think about that?

Sportcamper
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
It’s the playoffs…Things can get rough in the playoffs…I understand that Maverick fans are not aware of this on account that they have never been there before….

Cry Havoc
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Dude, Chandler was molested as a man child. Anyone can grab his ass without him putting up a fight. Don't go fooling yourself into thinking his bitch ass is tough. The nigga is Ho-cake material.

Naruto would kick his ass, that's for sure.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
It’s the playoffs…Things can get rough in the playoffs…I understand that Maverick fans are not aware of this on account that they have never been there before….

lol trolling Lakers fan who would be demanding that Chandler sit for a season+playoffs if he would have done that to Kobe and injured him.

lefty
Bird >> Magic

ChumpDumper
This is why no one respects the Mavs or their fans. You guys are easily rattled and have no backbone. Go back to the replay and notice how no one went after Bynum. You run up the score, you run the risk of getting cheap shotted. I'm glad Bynum did it. Just wish he had cracked his sternum or spine.
From this day forward, if your team has been eliminated from the playoffs, you are only allowed to make one post per day. That's right, you don't deserve to be taking up so much space with your worthless jargon. Let's be honest... no one gives a shit what a loser has to say anyway.

This does not mean you cannot enter the chat room or pm one another, but only 1 post per day. This will also force you lame take posters to put more time and effort into your posts due to you being limited of your freedom here. This is not an attempt to single out any one poster, but rather to restore some order around here without Kori having to ban you or shut the forum down due to so much ass pain that occurs this time of year. This new law will be applied to all posters, including Kori. Any honorable person would accept this new law without hesitation.

mavsfan1000
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
This is why no one respects the Mavs or their fans. You guys are easily rattled and have no backbone. Go back to the replay and notice how no one went after Bynum. You run up the score, you run the risk of getting cheap shotted. I'm glad Bynum did it. Just wish he had cracked his sternum or spine.
Laker fans have no class. Thanks for proving my point.

Venti Quattro
05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Laker fans have no class. Thanks for proving my point.

we have Caracter :tu

greensborohill
05-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Yeah, you wulda loved that. Instead of being on here talkin' about us being soft, you'd be on here talkin' about is being dumb and having guys suspended for the 1st game of the WVF b/c we lost our heads and went after Bynum Enjoy the offseason fuckhead.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
No one went after Bynum because they had discipline and knew they were moving on and the Lakers weren't.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
http://cdn.evilbeetgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/khloe_kardashian1.jpg

http://makemoneytwittering.com/wp-content/plugins/wpshapeshiftr/images/twitter-khloe-kardashian1.jpeg

as a millionaire nigga on the Lakers and that is my wife....yeah, I'd be mad too :lol :lol :lol Just don't be a pussy taking it out on the PF that is perpetually better than you and blame yourself you pussy ass nigga.

CavsSuperFan
05-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Thor is a superhero with the strength of the Hulk, the courage of Superman and the thick stumpy legs of Khloe Kardashian...

jsandiego
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Good point about the Wallace incident.

IronMaxipad
05-09-2011, 02:03 PM
http://cdn.evilbeetgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/khloe_kardashian1.jpg

http://makemoneytwittering.com/wp-content/plugins/wpshapeshiftr/images/twitter-khloe-kardashian1.jpeg

as a millionaire nigga on the Lakers and that is my wife....yeah, I'd be mad too :lol :lol :lol Just don't be a pussy taking it out on the PF that is perpetually better than you and blame yourself you pussy ass nigga.

Dem Legs

SnakeBoy
05-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Definitely racist. Nigga thugs always like to pretend the white man can't kick their ass even though the white man has been doing it to them for centuries.

IronMaxipad
05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
JJ Barea aint white

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Bird >> Magic

Magic: 5

Bird: 3

Just like that.

cobbler
05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
from the reports I hear, Vanessa Bryant took a shot at Pau by encouraging Pau's girlfriend to break up with him. Kobe & Pau haven't spoken in a month.:ihit:ihit

And they both addressed that to the media pre game and said it was nothing but BS. I guess we shall see.

SnakeBoy
05-10-2011, 12:56 AM
JJ Barea aint white

Dude is whiter than me and I'm of german descent.

Xylus
05-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Kobe gets clotheslined, and they cheer.

Probably the best thing that's ever happened in professional sports.

Giuseppe
05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Probably the best thing that's ever happened in professional sports.

Like O & 43!

Riddler
05-10-2011, 08:37 AM
No one went after Bynum because they had discipline and knew they were moving on and the Lakers weren't.

Plus they had no need to try and injure him. He'd eventually injure himself once again

Cry Havoc
05-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Bynumites throws an elbow and they want him banned. Kobe gets clotheslined, and they cheer.

Kobe has a long, long history of being a cheap-shotting dirty player. Meanwhile, Barea was a huge liability for the Mavs until this series and has never made a dirty play in his life. Slight difference there. I bet 90% of the NBA arenas would have cheered if Bruce Bowen would have been fouled hard and laid out on the floor.