PDA

View Full Version : Bynum Should Be Banned

mavsfan1000
05-09-2011, 12:13 PM
That was the dirtiest flagrant I've ever seen. Anyone that intentionally is trying to hurt someone severely should be banned. I think they have to make an example of Bynum to make sure this shit doesn't happen again.

Spurtacus
Won't happen. 10 games max most likely.

Venti Quattro
Good thing Bynum is eliminated so he can't do that to Derrick Rose :tu

hater
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes

if Barea had died or on life support then and only then would banning be considered

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM
That was the dirtiest flagrant I've ever seen. Anyone that intentionally is trying to hurt someone severely should be banned. I think they have to make an example of Bynum to make sure this shit doesn't happen again.

stop being a pussy....:hat at least Bynum, Odom, and Artest went out swinging...Pau woulda never did that shit...:lol

Venti Quattro
They went out swinging literally :lmao

Cry Havoc
20-25 games would be fine TBH. That's a much lighter checkbook for Bynum.

ChumpDumper
They went out like the sore vaginas they are.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
They went out swinging literally :lmao

Not figuratively, unfortunately.

ChumpDumper
20-25 games would be fine TBH. That's a much lighter checkbook for Bynum.About half a lockout season.

hater
what the league should do is force that fat fuck to wear a bra :lol

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
what the league should do is force that fat fuck to wear a bra :lol

Heh...yeah, homes had some serious manboobs working there... :lol

redzero
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
stop being a pussy....:hat at least Bynum, Odom, and Artest went out swinging...Pau woulda never did that shit...:lol

@ArtGarcia_NBA
Art Garcia
JJ Barea said Kobe & other Lakers checked how was doing after game & apologized for Bynum cheap shot.

I guess the rest of the Lakers are pussies, then.

Sportcamper
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Lakers players are mean…Very mean…That is not fair…

http://www.mothersspace.in/templates/template200710/images/baby_has_arrived/crying_baby.jpg

LnGrrrR
05-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I think Kobe lost a lot of respect for Bynum after that.

redzero
05-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Lakers players are mean…Very mean…That is not fair…

http://www.babyfirstyear.org/wp-content/uploads//cry_baby.jpg

:lol Real men attack the smallest player on the court because they don't like losing, right?

stxspurs
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Funny mavs fan crying for a banning for a foul....how quick we forget Howard injuring. Anderson ...or cheap shot terry nut shooting bowen....lol

hater
05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
excellent point. Knocking down a leprechaun is not nearly as bad as killing Bowen's children.

BanditHiro
05-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Ed3umTuRTqo

DMC
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Meh... he would just return with a troll account... or two.

Findog
05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm guessing 5-10 games based on his history with Wallace and Beasley and his lack of remorse after the game yesterday.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Impossible not to be biased here but the league should ban him for about a year or so - it happens in other sports.

There was clear intent to hurt the other player

A little bit higher and Barea would have been decapitated - who knows brain damage and what not

NBA should make an example of this guy

DMC
05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think it was that bad. It was an elbow, not a takedown. Sure he hit the floor hard but that's because he's a little dude and was up there pretty good.

If Artest can still play in the NBA, Bynum should not even get suspended a game.

It was silly to keep attacking the rim up 30 with 7 or so minutes remaining. You know that's going to happen in game 4 of a sweep against the defending champs if you are running the score up.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I disagree. These people are professional players who make millions of dollars.

It doesn't matter if you can't put it through the rim - nothing warrants this.

Findog
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
What makes it worse than a typical F2 is that Barea was up in the air and completely defenseless. An F2 is making contact above the shoulders with no attempt to make a play on the ball. Taking somebody out like that when they had left their feet is despicable. Anything less than 5 games is a joke.

Mugen
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Bynum should just be happy that JJ didn't land on his knees and ended fat tits' career.

LnGrrrR
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't think it was that bad. It was an elbow, not a takedown. Sure he hit the floor hard but that's because he's a little dude and was up there pretty good.

If Artest can still play in the NBA, Bynum should not even get suspended a game.

It was silly to keep attacking the rim up 30 with 7 or so minutes remaining. You know that's going to happen in game 4 of a sweep against the defending champs if you are running the score up.

If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldnt have dressed so provocatively.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Bynum should just be happy that JJ didn't land on his knees and ended fat tits' career.

this cracked me up :lol

ImDaNuts
05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Don't be driving hard to the hoop up 30 with no time left pussies

WeNeedLength
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Lol so wait, people defending Bynum say that the Mavs basically should have just held onto the ball and chucked a 25 foot three pointer every single possession with 7 fucking minutes still left in the game. GTFO.

redzero
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
The Mavericks should have just dribbled the shot clock out on every possession once they got a 30 point lead.

If only there was some way for a team to prevent their opponent from scoring. But alas, no such thing exists, so the next best thing to do is resort to cheap shots.

ElNono
05-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Not surprised pussy lakerfan is defending pussy glass knee...

Also not surprised Drew done that shit to Barea instead of, say, Chandler...

Fpoonsie
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
The Mavericks should have just dribbled the shot clock out on every possession once they got a 30 point lead.

If only there was some way for a team to prevent their opponent from scoring. But alas, no such thing exists, so the next best thing to do is resort to cheap shots.

:lol

phxspurfan
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Bynum's whirlwind tour of flagrant fouls

Ed3umTuRTqo

QbcjL7AVxMA

acY4R5N0XAs

Mugen
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
:lol Was Barea just supposed to take a step back 3 after he blew by Blake for the 50th time in the series?

There was like 8 minutes left in the game. If the Mavs just settled for 3s the rest of the game, then the lakers would have lost by 50 instead of 36, tbh.

ducks
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I think stern ask lakers if they are going to trade him
and if they are he is suspened to 25 games

redzero
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol Was Barea just supposed to take a step back 3 after he blew by Blake for the 50th time in the series?

There was like 8 minutes left in the game. If the Mavs just settled for 3s the rest of the game, then the lakers would have lost by 50 instead of 36, tbh.

I'm curious to know what the Mavericks should have done instead, too. People keep saying that Barea shouldn't have attempted a layup, so I want to know what he should have done instead.

Findog
05-09-2011, 01:50 PM
At that point it was better defense for the Lakers to allow uncontested layups than uncontested three pointers.

redzero
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
At that point it was better defense for the Lakers to allow uncontested layups than uncontested three pointers.

Somebody has been to basketbawful.

in2deep
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/5704077526_76a41ce19d_z.jpg

wow, no joke about the manboobs

Fpoonsie
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
drew was wrong and what he did was punk a$$ no doubt and was made even worse knowing that the game and series for that matter was all but lost, but still, the mood of todays game is far different from yesteryear.... :lol

X7r6vXeOfyQ

Phila already tried to make this point yesterday, and his argument got shot to shit when trying to compare it to Bynum's faggotry.

redzero
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/104kyvo.jpg

Where did this post go?

Fpoonsie
05-09-2011, 02:10 PM

I have no idea.

I quoted it, but...tha fuck?

TheManFromAcme
05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Phila already tried to make this point yesterday, and his argument got shot to shit when trying to compare it to Bynum's faggotry.

gotcha :tu

TheManFromAcme
05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/104kyvo.jpg

Where did this post go?

my apologies red,.....snafu on my end

angelbelow
05-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Bynum needs to be smarter and actually make a play on the ball. You can still knock someone down really hard by faking the block. This was just a retarded move. I also don't think it was THAT bad, however this is a new age of basketball. Violence of any kind isn't tolerated very well so with that said, they SHOULD be smart here and use him as an example. If my vision of the league was one that was cleaner and less physical (in terms of making dirty plays like this one) then I would probably suspend him for the 30 games.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not trying to lessen what Bynum did but if Boogaloo Shrimp's acting hadn't have come into play, then it may not have looked AS bad.

Man In Black
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/nba-to-levy-major-fine-and-suspension-on-bynum/

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Boogaloo Shrimp's

LnGrrrR
05-09-2011, 03:14 PM

:lmao :tu

SpurOutofTownFan
05-09-2011, 04:20 PM

tits

TampaDude
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I disagree. These people are professional players who make millions of dollars.

It doesn't matter if you can't put it through the rim - nothing warrants this.

^ this :toast

dude1394
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
stop being a pussy....:hat at least Bynum, Odom, and Artest went out swinging...

The only thing swinging was their limp appendages. Here's hoping one of your close relatives is hit by a car, you idiot.

dude1394
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM

There obviously needs to be a mercy rule for the lakers.

dude1394
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not trying to lessen what Bynum did but if Boogaloo Shrimp's acting hadn't have come into play, then it may not have looked AS bad.

Oh..I see..it was JJB's flopping by going completely vertical and landing directly on his shoulder (which has surgery last year by the way) that made it look worse than it was.

Wow...when did spurstalk REALLY digress into stupidity?

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh..I see..it was JJB's flopping by going completely vertical and landing directly on his shoulder (which has surgery last year by the way) that made it look worse than it was.

Wow...when did spurstalk REALLY digress into stupidity?

It's the NBA Forum.

monosylab1k
05-09-2011, 06:21 PM
It was a bitch move but this is retarded. I've seen plenty of harder, more malicious fouls than that.

Findog
05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
It was a bitch move but this is retarded. I've seen plenty of harder, more malicious fouls than that.

Really? I think that's about as bad as it gets, when a guy leaves his feet like that and can't brace his fall and is completely exposed. It's one thing to clock a guy above the shoulders, and quite another to potentially mess with his livelihood.

I think it's going overboard to call for a lifetime ban or anything more than a 10 game suspension, but I'd like an example of worse fouls than that.

monosylab1k
05-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Kenyon Martin's had at least half a dozen flagrants worse than that. This one looked worse than it really was, not cuz of VLE's retarded reasoning, but simply because of the size disparity. Maybe it's worse because of that, but I don't know that Bynum really put a truly malicious move on Barea like K-Mart does all the damn time.

monosylab1k
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
also, not NBA but Henderson purposely hammering Hansbrough in his face is about as blatant and malicious as flagrants get. Nobody cared cuz it was the two douchiest teams in college basketball.

cobbler
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
It was a bush league move no doubt and cannot be condoned but come on. Bynum will get a 3 to 5 game suspension ant that should be about it and fair. I have seen HUNDREDS of rougher and meaner "intentive" takes downs over the years. Bynum needs to grow up no doubt but he's a 23 year old (we often forget that) that lost his cool and gave the little runt a forearm. He didn't throw a vicious elbow to the head or any such thing with the intent to hurt. It was just his way of saying, you are not running down this lane anymore for uncontested layups. He just overdid it cause of the size difference.

All of you calling for a ban are fucking pussies that have no clue to the history of the game. It's becomming totally pussified with the flagrants etc. In the "old" days if you got a few uncontested layups in the paint you were put on your back and let know that if you wandered in there again, you will have to pay the admittence fee. Smaller guards etc had reservations and/or picked their spots for impact in the game.

Now, A guard goes in paint with reckless abandon. They are out of control a third of the time because they fear nothing. They know they are going to get bailed out with some ticky tacky foul and if they are really out of control and "HAPPEN" to land awkardly a friggen flagrant or flagrant 2 depending on his toughness to get up.

Its whats wrong with the league now. Instead of playing tough in your face D its jump in front of a guy and slide across the flloor for the charge. In the day, a defender would rather cry on the court than let someone think they could take em down. They would have looked down at the flailing offensive player on the floor, laughed, and stepped over him on the way to the fast break.

The league is being pussified by the day and its sad from an old schooler.

5 game suspension at most. How many did Mchale get for clotheslining Rambis's head?

edit: now you have idiots out there writing that both Lamars and Bynums fouls were racially motivated against the white guys. Unbelievable world we live in. Sad.

ambchang
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
^ Jordan made it happen, and Kobe capitalized on it. The Lakers benefitted more from this wussed out league than any other team.

DMC
05-09-2011, 06:48 PM
If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldnt have dressed so provocatively.
You have no room... :D

Bad analogy...

Everyone who posts here who was watching that game had a pretty good idea that it was about to happen. Up 30, protect your team and sub. If that happens, LA probably subs as well.

It was a cheap shot, but I've seen far worse for far less.

DMC
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm curious to know what the Mavericks should have done instead, too. People keep saying that Barea shouldn't have attempted a layup, so I want to know what he should have done instead.

I didn't say he shouldn't have attempted a layup, because I would have kept running it down their throats until they melted down like they did.

What I am saying is that, when you do that, you should expect that shit to happen. The fact that Bynum has those priors should be enough to tell you that it's going to happen in the biggest game the Lakers have ever played in the Shaq/Pau era.

It's not about right or wrong, it's about prevention. Don't take hard fouls and possibly lose a guy when you are going to the next round and you pretty much know it. If anyone is going to do that, let it be your bigs.

cobbler
05-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I didn't say he shouldn't have attempted a layup, because I would have kept running it down their throats until they melted down like they did.

What I am saying is that, when you do that, you should expect that shit to happen. The fact that Bynum has those priors should be enough to tell you that it's going to happen in the biggest game the Lakers have ever played in the Shaq/Pau era.

It's not about right or wrong, it's about prevention. Don't take hard fouls and possibly lose a guy when you are going to the next round and you pretty much know it. If anyone is going to do that, let it be your bigs.

:wow Not even close.

DMC
05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
:wow Not even close.

Sure it is. It ushers out the winningest coach of all times. It puts to rest the Kobe/MJ talk. It shows for certain that Kobe isn't shit without Pau which then begs the question about Shaq. It ushers the faggots out on the same horse they rode in on (a sweep).

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Sure it is. It ushers out the winningest coach of all times. It puts to rest the Kobe/MJ talk. It shows for certain that Kobe isn't shit without Pau which then begs the question about Shaq. It ushers the faggots out on the same horse they rode in on (a sweep).

No way, Jose'. Jordan is locked at 6. Kobe is fluid at 5.

Far from over.

Axe Murderer
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
the only reason i really hated this foul is because the Lakers knew the Mavs couldn't retaliate because of the next series.

DMC
05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
No way, Jose'. Jordan is locked at 6. Kobe is fluid at 5.

Far from over.

Return when that changes.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Return when that changes.

Please.

monosylab1k
05-09-2011, 07:12 PM
the only reason i really hated this foul is because the Lakers knew the Mavs couldn't retaliate because of the next series.

one sucky thing about not having Stackhouse anymore. He would have found him in the hallways and whupped his ass after the game. :lol don't think for a second that little pussy Bynum wouldn't get worked over like a bitch by Stack, either. That prep school faggot don't want it with a real nigga.

DMC
05-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Please.

Instead of telling what's going to happen, talk about what is. That we can at least agree on or present evidence for. Your prophecy is about as potent as Phil's semen.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Instead of telling what's going to happen, talk about what is. That we can at least agree on or present evidence for. Your prophecy is about as potent as Phil's semen.

6-5 Jordan. But, Jordan is stuck at 6. Kobe is still fluid. Far from over.

DMC
05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
The only fluid with Kobe is on his knee.

cobbler
05-09-2011, 07:18 PM

Kobe's still playing. The 7th game last year was far more important from a Laker history perspective. The MJ/Kobe talk is for the message boards, forums, and media. Has nothing to do with the Lakers and their past, present, or future performances. The sweep, thought embarrasing, is a blessing in disguise. Not like that hasn't happed before either. Just helps with the indecisions of the off season.

So you make a comment that this was the biggest game for the Lakers in the shaq/pau era then make it all about kobe. So sad...

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 07:19 PM
The only fluid with Kobe is on his knee.

:rolleyes

Kyle Orton
05-09-2011, 07:20 PM
You'd have to be a moron to think any game in the Dallas series was more important to LA than game 7 against Boston last year.....oh wait, this is DMC we're talking about.

lol moron

DMC
05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
You'd have to be a moron to think any game in the Dallas series was more important to LA than game 7 against Boston last year.....oh wait, this is DMC we're talking about.

lol moron

Last year was one of 5 for Kobe, one of 11 for Phil. The sweep that ended his career and possibly marginalized Kobe for the rest of his will be remembered.

Ad hom ignored, kids don't know better (especially racist emo kids).

cobbler
05-09-2011, 07:24 PM

lol moron

:toast

it's laughable. Heck, for some of us, regular season Celtic games are more important than last nights. :lol

Lakers lost. Lost their cool doing it no doubt. But if anyone thinks the Lakers brass is pacing the floor and pounding on the walls like they just lost to the Celtics in the playoffs... your an idiot of epic proportions. Both game 7 last year and the whole series of 2008 were far bigger. Not even close! The Lakers are chasing the best team record in titles. Kobe and PJ just happen to be the latest cast. They will move on (Kobe's not quite done yet) and we will bring in a new cast. In Laker land its about the title king and nothing more. All the trinkets that come to players, coaches, staff etc are just that. Trinkets and fodder for the media to debate. The Lakers are about titles!

Dr. Buss's #1 goal is to top the Celtic title count. That you can bank on.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
D can never admit when he's wrong.

Kyle Orton
05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Calling you a moron isn't an ad hominem, neat job trying to sound smart like when you said the Mavs are a profitable team.

Kyle Orton
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
D can never admit when he's wrong.

That'd be a lot of admitting.

ElNono
05-09-2011, 07:36 PM
tbh, Bynum should just be shot or traded to Miami for Bosh

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
That'd be a lot of admitting.

Sad, but, true.

Axe Murderer
05-09-2011, 07:56 PM
lol @ this series meaning more to LA than Boston

cobbler
05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
tbh, Bynum should just be shot or traded to Miami for Bosh

We dont need two Paus. Don't have enough tampon storage.

ElNono
05-09-2011, 07:59 PM
We dont need two Paus. Don't have enough tampon storage.

Sure you do... No such thing as not enough pussies... look at the Spurs with Dick and Bonner...

The Gemini Method
05-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Don't know if Bynum can control his petty anger. Like that he's passionate and that should be okay. It's not at all a classy thing he did--that's horrendous. Contrary to popular belief, we Laker fans don't condone cheap shots like that...unless its directed to trashcans or cop cars.

The Gemini Method
05-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Bynum needed to be hurt again...

DMC
05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Calling you a moron isn't an ad hominem, neat job trying to sound smart like when you said the Mavs are a profitable team.

Actually it is. When you don't address the argument and only the poster, that's ad hominem.

An ad hominem (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin): "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validity) of a premise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premise) to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

This is exactly what you did.

"You'd have to be a moron to think any game in the Dallas series was more important to LA than game 7 against Boston last year.....oh wait, this is DMC we're talking about." -Kyle Orton

In fact, I don't recall many of your posts being anything besides butt hurt ad homs. It's the mark of a child.

You didn't address why someone would have to be a moron to think that, just that they would.

TheManFromAcme
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Sure you do... No such thing as not enough pussies... look at the Spurs with Dick and Bonner...

:tu :lol

cheguevara
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
it's funny that Lakers win championships with Tits injured but the year he's finally fully healthy they get swept :lol

TheManFromAcme
05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
it's funny that Lakers win championships with Tits injured but the year he's finally fully healthy they get swept :lol

as much as I would like to argue this, your absolutely correct che.....oh, the irony...:(

Kyle Orton
05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Actually it is. When you don't address the argument and only the poster, that's ad hominem.

An ad hominem (Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin): "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validity) of a premise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premise) to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

This is exactly what you did.

"You'd have to be a moron to think any game in the Dallas series was more important to LA than game 7 against Boston last year.....oh wait, this is DMC we're talking about." -Kyle Orton

In fact, I don't recall many of your posts being anything besides butt hurt ad homs. It's the mark of a child.

You didn't address why someone would have to be a moron to think that, just that they would.

I wasn't using the fact you said it to invalidate your argument. I was just calling you a moron. What you said woulda been equally stupid if someone else said it, because game 7 of the NBA finals >>> any game in the 2nd round regarding importance.

DMC
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I wasn't using the fact you said it to invalidate your argument. I was just calling you a moron. What you said woulda been equally stupid if someone else said it, because game 7 of the NBA finals >>> any game in the 2nd round regarding importance.
Thank you for proving my point.

Why do you equivocate words? I didn't say "most important". I said "momentous". Though they are synonyms, why the tendency to insert words you can more easily attack?

Even in that post you are just repeating that I am wrong, not addressing why.

The final game of Phil's career is a significant occasion. I consider MJ to be more significant to the NBA than Kobe. Phil goes hand in hand with MJ. The end of his era is the end of a very prominent thing in the NBA, and to go out on a 36 point loss in game 4 of a sweep when you just won the previous 2 years is a big deal. You might not see it, but 20 years from now people won't care that the Lakers won game 7 of that Finals, just that they won the Finals, any Finals. However, Phil's opus will forever have that ending unless he continues to coach, and that doesn't even take into account the impact on Kobe's legacy.

Short term, nothing. Long term, everything.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
It was a bush league move no doubt and cannot be condoned but come on. Bynum will get a 3 to 5 game suspension ant that should be about it and fair. I have seen HUNDREDS of rougher and meaner "intentive" takes downs over the years. Bynum needs to grow up no doubt but he's a 23 year old (we often forget that) that lost his cool and gave the little runt a forearm. He didn't throw a vicious elbow to the head or any such thing with the intent to hurt. It was just his way of saying, you are not running down this lane anymore for uncontested layups. He just overdid it cause of the size difference.

All of you calling for a ban are fucking pussies that have no clue to the history of the game. It's becomming totally pussified with the flagrants etc. In the "old" days if you got a few uncontested layups in the paint you were put on your back and let know that if you wandered in there again, you will have to pay the admittence fee. Smaller guards etc had reservations and/or picked their spots for impact in the game.

Now, A guard goes in paint with reckless abandon. They are out of control a third of the time because they fear nothing. They know they are going to get bailed out with some ticky tacky foul and if they are really out of control and "HAPPEN" to land awkardly a friggen flagrant or flagrant 2 depending on his toughness to get up.

edit: now you have idiots out there writing that both Lamars and Bynums fouls were racially motivated against the white guys. Unbelievable world we live in. Sad.

Sorry, I was under the impression that basketball was a competition of skill. Not an arena for thugs to establish who could dish out more punishment and hurt the other team to win. Should a guy Barea's size have to worry about being able to walk for the next 3 months simply because he has an open lane and decides to take it? Is that your definition of basketball? Because to me, that's tantamount to a schoolyard bully situation where might makes right, and if you have anything to say about it you get handed a collapsed lung and wind up in the hospital.

Do you realize how early Kobe Bryant's career would have ended if every opponent of the Lakers decided to punish him for getting into the lane, and put him horizontal in mid-air? I guarantee you he would have landed wrong, on his back or neck or arm and been done for a season or more at some point.

Its whats wrong with the league now. Instead of playing tough in your face D its jump in front of a guy and slide across the flloor for the charge. In the day, a defender would rather cry on the court than let someone think they could take em down. They would have looked down at the flailing offensive player on the floor, laughed, and stepped over him on the way to the fast break.

The league is being pussified by the day and its sad from an old schooler.

5 game suspension at most. How many did Mchale get for clotheslining Rambis's head?

And a lot of old guys used to believe that blacks should play in a different league, and that intentionally breaking a man's ankle to prevent him from playing anymore was acceptable as well, does that make them right?

It used to be accepted practice that Ty Cobb would sharpen his spiked cleats before each game and go sliding hard into second with his foot up. Baseball back then was a "man's" game where you could routinely throw at the head of another batter without cause for much more than a scrum. Should we go back to that as well? Or even more recent, how about the football of the past three decades (pre-2000s), back when it was a "man's game" and grabbing another man by his head and neck and throwing him down was considered a proper tackling technique?

Let me ask you this: If Bynum was so sore, why didn't he go after Chandler, or Dirk, or anyone even close to his size? Why did both he AND Artest single out the SMALLEST guy on the court (you'll note Artest did it in the open court, so it had nothing to do with "protecting the paint")? Do you think that's something the men of the past would have done to send a message? Because from what I've heard, they went after the biggest guy on the team they could find to pick a fight with. The only message you send by hurting the little guy is that "we're too scared to throw an elbow at anyone else". Can you imagine Barkley picking out the other team's backup point guard to attack? Yeah, no. That wouldn't happen, because back when the game was rough, guys went after men their own size instead of becoming a gigantic pussy and attacking the smallest guy they could find.

DMC
05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
The black argument is like the Nazi argument. It has no place in this discussion.

Basketball, especially at this level, is physical. If you just want finesse and tea afterward, watch fencing.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
The black argument is like the Nazi argument. It has no place in this discussion.

Basketball, especially at this level, is physical. If you just want finesse and tea afterward, watch fencing.

Good lord, you can use that argument to justify anything on defense. But you NEVER saw guys like Barkley, Rambis, Bird, etc., go after someone 14 inches shorter and 100 pounds under their own weight unless the other guy got in their face first.

Do you advocate a player putting his career on the line just to drive into the paint? Please explain to me how this is an example of skilled basketball.

DMC
05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
rNtst4VBA_A

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
rNtst4VBA_A

That got Houston off our back for good. Thank, Christ.

DMC
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Good lord, you can use that argument to justify anything on defense. But you NEVER saw guys like Barkley, Rambis, Bird, etc., go after someone 14 inches shorter and 100 pounds under their own weight unless the other guy got in their face first.

Do you advocate a player putting his career on the line just to drive into the paint? Please explain to me how this is an example of skilled basketball.
Basketball isn't just about the ability to shoot or dribble. It's also a physical game, like hockey without skates. Maybe watch Euroleague?

This is why teams bring in the Horrys, Rasheeds and Artests (and Bowens).

ElNono
05-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Team Six should snipe his ass and bury him at sea... I mean... he hit JJ Barea!

DMC
05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Team Six probably killed some of Barea's relatives not too long ago.

Let's be honest. It was a hard foul, but Barea acted a lot. You don't continue to play if you cannot get up after that shot. It's typical NBA acting, like WWE. Had Bynum given him the Stone Cold Stunner, I might think differently.

sexinthatsx
05-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Actually, it is. Ad hominem means attacking the proponents of the claim rather than the claim itself. I'm sure you can figure whether what was said was ad hominem by yourself.

sexinthatsx
05-09-2011, 11:31 PM
For the rest of you who don't think the foul is that bad, a post in the beginning of the thread showed 3 videos of Bynum pulling the same signature elbow move, one of which ended up fracturing gerald wallace's rib and collapsed his lung...

When you're in the air, the slightest shove can alter the momentum of your body. When someone elbows you that hard in mid air, you'll drop to the ground in an instant.

DMC
05-09-2011, 11:41 PM
It's a bad foul, no doubt. It's not the worst I've ever seen, not even close.

Borosai
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Big fine and long suspension.

cobbler
05-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Sorry, I was under the impression that basketball was a competition of skill. Not an arena for thugs to establish who could dish out more punishment and hurt the other team to win. Should a guy Barea's size have to worry about being able to walk for the next 3 months simply because he has an open lane and decides to take it? Is that your definition of basketball? Because to me, that's tantamount to a schoolyard bully situation where might makes right, and if you have anything to say about it you get handed a collapsed lung and wind up in the hospital.

So you tell me. How many players in the history of the league. some 65 years or so, how many players have winded up in the hospital from said plays? The league was a LOT TOUGHER pre 2000 so I imagine the hospitals would have been crowded no? How come? Cause the little guys knew better than to go flying through the lane out of control mid air. Before you go all off, I am not suggesting that Barea was out of control and thats why i said Drew act was wrong.

Do you realize how early Kobe Bryant's career would have ended if every opponent of the Lakers decided to punish him for getting into the lane, and put him horizontal in mid-air? I guarantee you he would have landed wrong, on his back or neck or arm and been done for a season or more at some point..

Maybe you should pull out the tapes because I saw Kobe put on his back plenty of times. Especially during his first couple years. And, he has also benifitted from the "pussy" generation of rules.

And a lot of old guys used to believe that blacks should play in a different league, and that intentionally breaking a man's ankle to prevent him from playing anymore was acceptable as well, does that make them right?.

Using such an argument only shows ignorance. It has nothing to do with the topic.

It used to be accepted practice that Ty Cobb would sharpen his spiked cleats before each game and go sliding hard into second with his foot up. Baseball back then was a "man's" game where you could routinely throw at the head of another batter without cause for much more than a scrum. Should we go back to that as well? Or even more recent, how about the football of the past three decades (pre-2000s), back when it was a "man's game" and grabbing another man by his head and neck and throwing him down was considered a proper tackling technique?.

You are bowing my comments way out of proportion. I did not condone cheating or trying to harm someone. I said Drews foul was in poor taste and a bush move. It's not all life threatening and family changing the way your pussies make it out. I have seen thousands of harder and more ill intent fouls. Give me a break. And yes, I believe baseball and football have pussified their rules as well. Don't you dare touch the quarterback. Dont you dare throw a brushback pitch and threate the battters ability to feed his family. :lol

Let me ask you this: If Bynum was so sore, why didn't he go after Chandler, or Dirk, or anyone even close to his size? Why did both he AND Artest single out the SMALLEST guy on the court (you'll note Artest did it in the open court, so it had nothing to do with "protecting the paint")? Do you think that's something the men of the past would have done to send a message? Because from what I've heard, they went after the biggest guy on the team they could find to pick a fight with. The only message you send by hurting the little guy is that "we're too scared to throw an elbow at anyone else". Can you imagine Barkley picking out the other team's backup point guard to attack? Yeah, no. That wouldn't happen, because back when the game was rough, guys went after men their own size instead of becoming a gigantic pussy and attacking the smallest guy they could find.

Or maybe it's just as simple as Chandler and the others werent running all over the Lakers and embarrasing them. Odom and Drew apologized and explained that they we flustered and reacted poorly. BTW, funny you didnt mention Lamars which WAS against Dirk. Hmmmm

Bottom line, and it's just my opinion, is that ALL sports and even more so the NBA are pussifying the games. Talk about comparing eras? No way to do that with all thise changes. Not that you ever could, but I think even you can understand what I am saying. It's all about the $$$ and nothing more. Do you think these commissioners and owners care about the players post career? It's been proven time and time again they don't. It's all about getting the most out of that piece of property they have and has nothing to do with the players long term prognosis with regards to injuries.

The world has become pussified as we saw when people are actually concerned on how UBL was treated as we killed him. That sports should follow is no surprise to me. That people who probably have never played the game want to pussify it even more. Not surprising either...

HarlemHeat37
05-09-2011, 11:59 PM
:lol Cobbler defending a player that has repeatedly tried to kill other players..par/course for Cobbler, the man known for lying, defending welshers, defending rapists, defending racism, etc..

cobbler
05-10-2011, 12:06 AM
:lol Cobbler defending a player that has repeatedly tried to kill other players..par/course for Cobbler, the man known for lying, defending welshers, defending rapists, defending racism, etc..

Uh, pretty sure I said it was a bush league move. I am simply making a point that the leage has gone soft and IMO its not a good thing. Its a major reason you all have issues with the refs these days. All the flopping and acting has created an environment that makes it impossible to call a good and accurate game.

Never defended welching, never defended a rapist, and have never defended racism. All lies on your part again as per usual. And again, instead of discussing the topic, you turn it personal towards me proving that I am still am under your sorry ass skin and going nowhere. I killed your "high horse" routine long ago OBSESSION boy. Try again...

ambchang
05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
If the league was as tough as the early part of the 10-11 season, Barea and Beasley would have had a collapsed lung and broken ribs.

League went soft in a matter of months.