PDA

View Full Version : Fan Survives Downtown in Pistons Jersey

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Nothing but southern hospitality here. (http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pjournal9e_20050609.htm)

And a little jab at the end! I'd be concerned about walking through LA or Miami or Indiana in a jersey, but not Texas. Not enough bad blood there yet!

Ishta
06-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Welcome to our BEAUTIFUL city.....Hope you enjoy the sights, cause you won't enjoy the games!

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL
GO SPURS GO

SpursWoman
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
See, a few of the guys that the reporter interviewed "got it". There's not enough bad blood yet because most of us were rooting for you guys to kick the Laker's ass last year, and you did. It's hard not to like them, even if for only that.

:lol

Clandestino
06-09-2005, 09:01 AM
bad ass article!

Sense
06-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Nothing but southern hospitality here. (http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pjournal9e_20050609.htm)

And a little jab at the end! I'd be concerned about walking through LA or Miami or Indiana in a jersey, but not Texas. Not enough bad blood there yet!

You can say you got the smartest basketball fans in San Antonio,Texas.

No offense but you can no longer claim to be the best after the brawl..

:rolleyes

angel_luv
06-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Welcome to our BEAUTIFUL city.....Hope you enjoy the sights, cause you won't enjoy the games!

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL
GO SPURS GO

Told!

MadDog73
06-09-2005, 09:03 AM
good article. I'm telling you, this is gonna be a great series. Both teams have such class, it'll be a joy to watch (the Spurs win). :D

spurschick
06-09-2005, 09:04 AM

There are quite a few Laker fans that live here and they've never been shy about wearing their jerseys to games - there is usually some verbal banter, but I've never seen any real fights break out. Pretty amazing considering how ugly THAT rivalry has been over the years.

slayermin
06-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Laker Fans aren't as classy to us Spurs Fans here in Los Angeles.

We are absolutely hated out here.

Sense
06-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Laker Fans aren't as classy to us Spurs Fans here in Los Angeles.

We are absolutely hated out here.

Would you mind if I used your signature ?

I've been asking for that animation for a long time....

SPURS21
06-09-2005, 09:33 AM
its sad that this is even a big deal. in toronto you can wear any team jersey at any time and be embraced

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-09-2005, 09:34 AM
You can say you got the smartest basketball fans in San Antonio,Texas.

No offense but you can no longer claim to be the best after the brawl..

:rolleyes

The brawl was a few idiots who are banned from attending any events whatsoever at the Palace and a few other venues owned by the same people. Not punishment enough as far as I'm concerned, but that's what they got, along with probation. And FYI, the city was not in flames after we won the championship. It was one car, and that was not even proven to be a result of the win. Worse things happened in Chicago, but it was barely a blip on the radar outside of the Great Lakes region. You can't sneeze in downtown Detroit and without it making national headlines.
The big problem is we won't ever get a chance to redeem ourselves. We've been branded.

On the bright side, y'all are getting some great press. Congratulations!

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Hope you enjoy the sights, cause you won't enjoy the games!

It doesn't matter who wins - I anticipate thoroughly enjoying all the games. I just hope neither team decides to not show up for what could be the best finals in decades.

GO PISTONS!!!

samikeyp
06-09-2005, 10:14 AM
The big problem is we won't ever get a chance to redeem ourselves. We've been branded.

Sad but true. Its not fair to the rest of the Pistons fans who get lumped in with the actions of a few idiots.

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 10:21 AM
I wonder if they do this on the reverse?
Can spurs fan walk around Detriot in a #20 jersey and go unscathed??

AS far as the article : Awesome! I wouldn't expect anythgin less from this town!

EasilyAmused
06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Funny and cute article!

The brawl was a few idiots who are banned from attending any events whatsoever at the Palace and a few other venues owned by the same people. The big problem is we won't ever get a chance to redeem ourselves. We've been branded.
On the bright side, y'all are getting some great press. Congratulations!

I would hate it if my city would get bad press because of a few idiots. It truly is unfair.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Can spurs fan walk around Detriot in a #20 jersey and go unscathed??

Absolutely. Beer is not readily available on the streets. :lol
However, the only team that actually plays in downtown DetROIT is the Wings, and we welcome fans of all teams, except maybe Colorado. They're on their own!

samikeyp
06-09-2005, 10:49 AM
^^:lmao exactly! See how far you would get wearing a Claude Lemieux jersey!! "I can't believe I shook his friggin' hand!"