PDA

View Full Version : Thor

MannyIsGod
05-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Didn't see a thread up. I saw it last night and thought it was pretty damn good. Not Batman good but easily as good as the first Xmen and Spiderman.

clambake
05-09-2011, 03:26 PM
admit it, you just want to be hammered by a guy.

CubanSucks
05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Isn't one of the Nordic Gods played by a black guy?

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/12/16/racists-thor-idris-ebla-racism/

CubanSucks
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM

It's funny how they try to make this a political mess when from what I've read elsewhere it's just as much a pissed off fanboy thing. It's such a painfully obvious bullshit PR move and the writer in that link is too full of his politically correct self that he can't even think of anything else to say that isn't sarcasm

Mog
05-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I thought it was thorrible.

koriwhat
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I thought it was thorrible.

:tu

Blake
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM

so the Black guy in this movie plays the security guard that watches the front door of Asgard?

they should have let Elba play Loki.

Blake
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
:tu

thoriwhat

Dark Gable
05-09-2011, 04:29 PM

And? Thor should have been played by a badass black dude too.

IronMaxipad
05-09-2011, 04:44 PM
What batman are we talking about here? Batman Begins or TDK? Because TDK was terrible. BB>TDK

CubanSucks
05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
What batman are we talking about here? Batman Begins or TDK? Because TDK was terrible. BB>TDK

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u297/xSUFFERiNG/joe-dirt-4copy.jpg

MannyIsGod
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Its not better than either Batman - its probably on par with BB which is great but inferior to TDK in every way.

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
TDK was pretty shitty take out joker and you have christian's bale shitty clint eastwood impression and a pretty good actor in two face

MannyIsGod
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
And I thought the gatekeeper was pretty bad ass. I don't care what his race was. Wasn't Nick Fury white in the comics also?

monosylab1k
05-09-2011, 06:43 PM
hey Maxipad, breathing oxygen is about as mainstream and popular as it gets, maybe you should stop doing that just to be different too.

v2freak
05-09-2011, 06:43 PM
This movie received massive hype. Thor is one of my favorite characters. I can't bear to watch Marvel sell him out.

BlackSwordsMan
05-09-2011, 06:51 PM
This movie received massive hype. Thor is one of my favorite characters. I can't bear to watch Marvel sell him out.

I was looking on youtube for a fat nerd with glasses tear apart the movie but I found none. Only a chick who liked the movie and said that isnt that bad

leemajors
05-09-2011, 07:13 PM
And I thought the gatekeeper was pretty bad ass. I don't care what his race was. Wasn't Nick Fury white in the comics also?

White normally, Ultimates version is black I believe.

DPG21920
05-09-2011, 07:34 PM
It was ok. Didn't wow me, but I thought it was decent overall.

CubanSucks
05-09-2011, 07:57 PM
besides Christian Bale's horrible Batman voice, TDK was an incredible movie and the only reason there's so much backlash is cause of its popularity

DPG21920
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes. People like to scoff everything. It's dumb and petty.

lefty
05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
TDK was pretty shitty take out joker and you have christian's bale shitty clint eastwood impression and a pretty good actor in two face
TDK easily shits on any superhero movie

ManuBalboa
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
It was alright. I'm not familiar with Thor Comics so can't really comment too much. To give it credit, Thor was an abnormal superhero in the comic sense so they pulled off the god/alien/planetary/rainbowbridge/etc pretty damn well.

I didn't mind the black gatekeeper at all, but the Samurai Norse God...c'mon son. Hopkins was the perfect Odin though!

Trainwreck2100
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
One of the warriors 3 is asian in the comics

pawe
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM
The funny scenes/lines were actually funny. Loki and Odin was perfectly casted. The facebeam from the metal guardian that killed Thor made me deaf for a little bit.

ynh
05-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I thought it was pretty good. The guy that played Loki stole the show. Id put it next to the first xmen as far as how good it was. Solid 8 out of 10

Spursfan092120
05-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes. People like to scoff everything. It's dumb and petty.
Everyone wants to be a nonconformist...as if it's the "cool" thing to do. So they're conforming by nonconforming...pretty damn ironic if you ask me.

v2freak
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I was looking on youtube for a fat nerd with glasses tear apart the movie but I found none. Only a chick who liked the movie and said that isnt that bad

I don't really care if the movie is good or not, to be honest. Most of my friends who don't care about the comic book character have seen it. But, based on other comic book movie adaptations, I assumed it was bad. I, with shame, admit that I've seen all of Marvel's movies except Iron Man 2 and the only ones I liked were Iron Man and Spider-Man 2. Ghost Rider was okay, I guess. Wolverine Origins was terrible, in my opinion.

crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl crofl

marvel sold thor out by making a movie with him...but they didn't sell him out by creating him and selling comic books with him in them?

When you finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally get up off the floor, maybe you should look up what selling out is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out

Creepn
05-10-2011, 12:37 AM

lol just shut up. I didn't hear any backlash when they used a white marine instead of a black marine that pulled the two cops out of the rubble in the Oliver Stone World Trade Center movie. Even the black marine just declined the comments about them getting his race wrong but you get your klansmen issued panties in a wad over some fake nordic god character lol.

ChuckD
05-10-2011, 12:46 AM
i wasn't interested in seeing the movie as soon as i saw that the guy froma dventures in babysitting wasn't in it

A puppy version of Vincent D'Onofrio
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TuNqOl-2zjo/SvXSCNbpo0I/AAAAAAAAAA4/Hq1V8hi_uI4/s320/DzlItem687.jpg

Technique
05-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Didn't see a thread up. I saw it last night and thought it was pretty damn good. Not Batman good but easily as good as the first Xmen and Spiderman.

You have to be kidding me... :shootme

Thor is the biggest blockbuster bust of the year so far. Over hyped completely.

The entire movie was just a parody of Thor. It was comical, a joke, literally, I was laughing half the time. They spent more time designing the costumes than the script. Generic, predictable, cheesy, thoughtless script. No character development whatsoever. One of the main antagonist was a giant metal robot that shoots fire beams out of it's face. What?

The fact that you compared this to the first Spider-Man, one of the best comic movies ever makes me question you as a human being. That's like comparing The Dark Knight to Batman & Robin.

The worst depiction of Norse mythology ever created. Priest will be more entertaining, that I guarantee.

TheTruth
05-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Good movie. Great casting, but drug a bit towards the end.

leemajors
05-10-2011, 06:41 AM

The entire movie was just a parody of Thor. It was comical, a joke, literally, I was laughing half the time. They spent more time designing the costumes than the script. Generic, predictable, cheesy, thoughtless script. No character development whatsoever. One of the main antagonist was a giant metal robot that shoots fire beams out of it's face. What?

The fact that you compared this to the first Spider-Man, one of the best comic movies ever makes me question you as a human being. That's like comparing The Dark Knight to Batman & Robin.

The worst depiction of Norse mythology ever created. Priest will be more entertaining, that I guarantee.

The first Spider Man wasn't that great tbh.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 07:16 AM
you have to be kidding me... :shootme

thor is the biggest blockbuster bust of the year so far. Over hyped completely.

The entire movie was just a parody of thor. It was comical, a joke, literally, i was laughing half the time. They spent more time designing the costumes than the script. Generic, predictable, cheesy, thoughtless script. No character development whatsoever. One of the main antagonist was a giant metal robot that shoots fire beams out of it's face. What?

The fact that you compared this to the first spider-man, one of the best comic movies ever makes me question you as a human being. That's like comparing the dark knight to batman & robin.

The worst depiction of norse mythology ever created. Priest will be more entertaining, that i guarantee.

k

ManuBalboa
05-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Everyone wants to be a nonconformist...as if it's the "cool" thing to do. So they're conforming by nonconforming...pretty damn ironic if you ask me.

Usually agree, but Hollywood has consistently done a shitty job with comic book movies from the get-go. It's good for the fans to demand they actually start trying to do the comics justice.

scampers
05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Never read the comics, nor do I know anything about Norse mythology. Thought it was an entertaining movie. </dumb American> (note--I am calling myself a dumb American, no sarcasm :) )

That being said, I am really tired of comic book movies. It seems like thats all there is these days.

AmericanPsycho
05-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I think this movie will pretty much die after this weekend.

CuckingFunt
05-10-2011, 08:53 AM

Spider-Man? One of the best comic movies ever?

Seriously??

Cry Havoc
05-10-2011, 08:59 AM

lol

Take the rims out of basketball and you have a pretty shitty game.

Take the Godfather out of those movies and they're not so great, either.

You can't just say, "Well that movie would have sucked if not for" when that variable is the very thing that makes the movie great. I watched Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks's character green screened out and it was a stupid war movie about a bunch of guys running around in Nazi Germany.

Cry Havoc
05-10-2011, 09:01 AM
One of the main antagonist was a giant metal robot that shoots fire beams out of it's face. What?

Yeah, that's like, so unrealistic, man.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_T46kEyyVU_k/RdXyGwLWs-I/AAAAAAAAAOA/n371q8aPJB0/s400/lebowski.jpg

AmericanPsycho
05-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Spider-Man? One of the best comic movies ever?

Seriously??

I think it was one of the better ones.

redzero
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Thor was interesting. The character was likable and he had some pretty badass moves.

redzero
05-10-2011, 09:35 AM
The fact that you compared this to the first Spider-Man, one of the best comic movies ever makes me question you as a human being.

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Spider-Man 2, X-2, and Iron Man are all better than Spider-Man.

Sec24Row7
05-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I really liked it. It was very entertaining. They are 2/3 of the way to pulling off the avengers... which I never thought they would be able to do...

Problem is... everyone is a cynic now... no one likes America anymore... and the last 3rd... is about the ultimate patriot...

Cry Havoc
05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Spider-Man 2, X-2, and Iron Man are all better than Spider-Man.

How is Sin City so forgotten? That was a pretty good superhero flick.

BlackSwordsMan
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM
take out merv and it sucks
amiright

BlackSwordsMan
actually the chick with swastica kunai was pretty hot too take her out and the movie sucks as well

redzero
A History of Violence also qualifies as a comic book movie, and I think that was better than Spider-Man, too.

CuckingFunt
05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
A History of Violence also qualifies as a comic book movie, and I think that was better than Spider-Man, too.

As was Road to Perdition, if we're going to expand this thing to talk about Manga.

From Hell. Watchmen. V for Vendetta. Sin City (almost at the top of the list, as far as I'm concerned, for successfully merging the comic and film formats).

But even limiting the conversation to movies based on superhero comics, as I think was the intention of the original comment, I just don't think Spider-Man ranks very high.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Kick ass is also better than spider man, and watchmen sucked

Pick of Destiny
05-10-2011, 10:24 AM
It wasn't that good and why all the Spiderman hate? I liked it better than Sin City.

Kermit
05-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Did someone just blast Marvel for selling out? Fucking retards.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Usually agree, but Hollywood has consistently done a shitty job with comic book movies from the get-go. It's good for the fans to demand they actually start trying to do the comics justice.

The vast majority of all movies are average at best it shouldn't be a surprise that comic book movies do the same. That being said, there have been a lot of good comic movies such as:

spiderman
spiderman 2
xmen
x2
watchmen
Batman begins
TDK
Red
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I really liked it. It was very entertaining. They are 2/3 of the way to pulling off the avengers... which I never thought they would be able to do...

Problem is... everyone is a cynic now... no one likes America anymore... and the last 3rd... is about the ultimate patriot...

Yeah but everyone hates Nazi's more. We'll see how they execute it but I think they have a chance. I thought Thor would be harder to pull off than Cap.

Phenomanul
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I enjoyed the adaptation... anyone catch a glimpse of Hawkeye...???

What sucks about The Avengers is that they took the Hulk role away from Edward Norton... For continuity's sake, I thought Norton played that role about as well as anyone can play it... though the replacement (Mark Ruffalo) is likely a very good replacement...

ididnotnothat
05-10-2011, 10:51 AM
The Spiderman movies have been pretty decent, IMO. I've always been a fan of Spiderman comics though so maybe that is why I enjoy them. Same with the Batman movies. Never read Thor so don't know anything about what he is supposed to be.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Really the guy with the bow and arrow was hawkeye

Seriously only an idiot would miss that

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Spiderman 3 was fucking TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE. I thought X3 was terrible when I first saw it but then I went back and watched it and thought it was closer to average than terrible but still no where near as good as 1 or 2. But Spiderman 3 has no hope.

Venti Quattro
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd only watch this for Olivia Wilde

ManuBalboa
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I just want to see Thor clash with Hulk in the Avengers movie tbh.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 10:59 AM
^ would be bad ass.

CuckingFunt
05-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I liked X3, but would have a hard time defending it as a good movie. Think I was just so pleased that they FINALLY used Beast that I ended up enjoying the whole thing.

CuckingFunt
05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I just want to see Thor clash with Hulk in the Avengers movie tbh.

I just want to see what Whedon does with the material.

ididnotnothat
05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Spiderman 3 was the weakest for sure. The Avengers has hope.

Blake
05-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The vast majority of all movies are average at best it shouldn't be a surprise that comic book movies do the same. That being said, there have been a lot of good comic movies such as:

spiderman
spiderman 2
xmen
x2
watchmen
Batman begins
TDK
Red
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

I still like the first Christopher Reeve Superman better than all those except maybe Batman Begins.

Blake
05-10-2011, 11:19 AM
The Avengers has hope.

There is not really just one huge compelling enemy that the Avengers have had in the comics.

It has potential for huge failure, imo.

ididnotnothat
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
There is not really just one huge compelling enemy that the Avengers have had in the comics.

True. As CF stated, we'll have to see what comes of it.

redzero
05-10-2011, 11:31 AM
It wasn't that good and why all the Spiderman hate? I liked it better than Sin City.

Claiming that other movies are better =/= hate.

redzero
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Really the guy with the bow and arrow was hawkeye

Seriously only an idiot would miss that

Yes, if he was just some random dude, that would have made the casting of Jeremy Renner as some random guy with a bow, very strange.

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Comic book movies are awesome because they basically give the movie license to do crazy shit. You know, like laser beam eyes or a dude that fucking dominates with a hammer. You can do that randomly with new scrips but why not just use characters people already know and love?

Kermit
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM

They're going Skrull/Kree from the sounds of it. So, that's pretty epic if they can pull it off.

edit: That was the early rumor.

v2freak
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM

They already used the enemy that brought the Avengers together - Loki.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM

There's only one enemy that can bring the avengers together, and that is

the hulk

Dr. Gonzo
05-10-2011, 02:44 PM

lol brannon

leemajors
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM

Kang and Ultron say hi.

Blake
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Kang and Ultron say hi.

Compelling says meh.

leemajors
05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Compelling says meh.

Both very compelling. Universe conquering Emperor from the future and Henry Pym's creation gone mad.

Blake
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Both very compelling. Universe conquering Emperor from the future and Henry Pym's creation gone mad.

If they are that compelling, then it should be a no-brainer to use them in the up-coming movie.

Can't wait to see them!

leemajors
05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
http://teamcoco.com/content/enjoy-free-team-coco-thor-ringtone

MannyIsGod
05-10-2011, 03:53 PM
If they are that compelling, then it should be a no-brainer to use them in the up-coming movie.

Can't wait to see them!

Using your logic there will be no villians in the upcoming movie.

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Anybody who saw the aftercredits scene knows what object will most likely be the focal point for the avengers movie

leemajors
05-10-2011, 04:45 PM

And the Avengers suck because they have no compelling villians

leemajors
05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Anybody who saw the aftercredits scene knows what object will most likely be the focal point for the avengers movie

I cringe and am curious about MODOK might look like if they do.

Blake
05-10-2011, 04:49 PM

My logic is that without a compelling villain, the potential for a huge flop is there.

Superman, Spiderman, Batman, XMen, Thor all had compelling villains.

I had wondered about Iron Man, but they very adeptly pulled it off without having to use Mandarin.

Maybe they manage to pull it off with the Avengers too, but if they end up using an army of Skrulls, I can see large amounts of failure coming.

Blake
05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
And the Avengers suck because they have no compelling villians

meh says hello

Trainwreck2100
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I cringe and am curious about MODOK might look like if they do.

:rolleyes

nick fury said the powers they found were not unprecedented which most likely means it was found in the past

leemajors
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
:rolleyes

nick fury said the powers they found were not unprecedented which most likely means it was found in the past

I haven't seen Thor yet, but I assumed you were talking about the cube

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I really was going to see this, but almost every movie Manny likes that I end up seeing, I end up thinking "meh" :lol

Speaking of Thor, did anyone catch the comic series/graphic novel back in ~2004 called Loki, with pretty elite illustrators...it was basically an alternate Marvel Universe where Loki has successfully defeated and imprisoned Thor. Pretty damn cool.

BlackSwordsMan
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I really was going to see this, but almost every movie Manny likes that I end up seeing, I end up thinking "meh" :lol

Speaking of Thor, did anyone catch the comic series/graphic novel back in ~2004 called Loki, with pretty elite illustrators...it was basically an alternate Marvel Universe where Loki has successfully defeated and imprisoned Thor. Pretty damn cool.

isn't that the story for marvel ultimate alliance 1?

v2freak
05-10-2011, 09:59 PM
isn't that the story for marvel ultimate alliance 1?

Not really. Dr. Doom is the villain of Ultimate Alliance 1 - at least he was for PC. Loki sealed the entrance to the Bifrost Bridge and overtook Asgard with some help.

pawe
05-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Cosmic Cube?
I'll bump this thread when the movie features the cosmic cube being used by some villain (can be loki, red skull) and exchanges body with the Hulk and the Hulk going apeshit against the avengers.

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2011, 12:00 AM
rfqwrWQRWRE

Technique
05-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah, that's like, so unrealistic, man.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_T46kEyyVU_k/RdXyGwLWs-I/AAAAAAAAAOA/n371q8aPJB0/s400/lebowski.jpg

You missed the point. Out of all of the villains and untapped fictional potential that Marvel possesses, they go with a robot that shoots shit out of his face.

And to all the Spider-Man haters there's only two movies that had greater character development and overall plot, and that's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Most other Marvel movies are just what they are intended to be, entertainment. Albeit, a lot of them turn out to be quite shitty, but entertainment nonetheless.

redzero
05-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Again, thinking other movies are better =/= hate.

I don't hate Spider-Man, but it's not even the best movie in the Spider-Man franchise.

MannyIsGod
05-11-2011, 02:10 AM
You missed the point. Out of all of the villains and untapped fictional potential that Marvel possesses, they go with a robot that shoots shit out of his face.

And to all the Spider-Man haters there's only two movies that had greater character development and overall plot, and that's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Most other Marvel movies are just what they are intended to be, entertainment. Albeit, a lot of them turn out to be quite shitty, but entertainment nonetheless.

That wasn't the villian.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2011, 03:30 AM
whose the best villain then?

scampers
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Except the robot wasn't the villain, it was more of a vessel for the villain.

NASCARdad
05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I had the hots for that Avengers babe.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kJarVuKMPAQ/TAAtCz3kglI/AAAAAAAAMQo/t6Zt8SE5J_o/s1600/avengersMrsPeel.jpg

Technique
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Except the robot wasn't the villain, it was more of a vessel for the villain.

Doesn't change the fact that the movie hit the climax during the robot scene. It lasted a good 20 minutes.

Technique
05-11-2011, 01:18 PM
whose the best villain then?

At least in the movies I would have to go with.

Ra's al Ghul, Joker, and Green Goblin.

I personally love Venom and Carnage, but Spider-Man 3 was unworthy.

pawe
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
At least in the movies I would have to go with.

Ra's al Ghul, Joker, and Green Goblin.

I personally love Venom and Carnage, but Spider-Man 3 was unworthy.

Blame Eric Forman.

MannyIsGod
05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Doesn't change the fact that the movie hit the climax during the robot scene. It lasted a good 20 minutes.

Actually the climax was not during the robot scene. You suck at this.

Technique
05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Actually the climax was not during the robot scene. You suck at this.

Actually it was. The entire movie he was searching for his hammer so he can get back to Asgard. Robot was raping everyone including his friends, he found the hammer, it saved his life and he destroyed the robot. He went from a man back to being a God.

I'm glad I had to explain this to you, are you one of those people that believe the ending in Inception was a dream too?

Reggie Williams
05-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually it was. The entire movie he was searching for his hammer so he can get back to Asgard. Robot was raping everyone including his friends, he found the hammer, it saved his life and he destroyed the robot. He went from a man back to being a God.

I'm glad I had to explain this to you, are you one of those people that believe the ending in Inception was a dream too?

Wow, no comment is needed for this post.

mFFL03
05-11-2011, 11:05 PM
I thought the movie was a good 2 hours of entertainment and nothing more. I saw it at the Cinemark early bird special, $5 bucks and that's all it's worth.

The CGI looked cheesy in a lot of places but I did love the introduction to this new universe.

ONE BIG problem I did have is: SPOILER : SHIELD's reaction to the big robot. Let me get this straight, they are a secret society of super natural resources / power and they don't call in backup? Isn't this when you call in Stark or one of these other avengers?

I also hate how it's billed as a setup...the Avenger movie is probably going to suck anyway.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I thought the movie was a good 2 hours of entertainment and nothing more. I saw it at the Cinemark early bird special, $5 bucks and that's all it's worth.

The CGI looked cheesy in a lot of places but I did love the introduction to this new universe.

ONE BIG problem I did have is: SPOILER : SHIELD's reaction to the big robot. Let me get this straight, they are a secret society of super natural resources / power and they don't call in backup? Isn't this when you call in Stark or one of these other avengers?

I also hate how it's billed as a setup...the Avenger movie is probably going to suck anyway.

All they have is stark

rr2418
05-12-2011, 12:07 AM

Stark was having his own problems during Thor. Remember that SHIELD agent dude told Stark he has to go down to New Mexico b/c something came up?

rr2418
05-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I believe the "Cosmic Cube" was created in Captain America's time. So yes, the cube was created long ago. The Red Skull and other villains wanted the cube since it could change reality.

On a side note, one of the "alternative beginnings" in the Incredible Hulk movie shows Captain America frozen underneath the ice. Since his body is preserved in ice I guess that's how he'll be in the Avengers 60 years later.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
the storm that hulk is arguing with in incredible hulk is part of the one that sent thor down

rr2418
05-12-2011, 12:51 AM
the storm that hulk is arguing with in incredible hulk is part of the one that sent thor down

Is that the scene that he throws a boulder at the sky? If that is Thor, then it is at a different time. Not the movie Thor time frame.

Typhoon
05-12-2011, 01:18 AM
The only good thing Marvel has is Thanos, make a movie out of that.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 01:21 AM

The whole movie wasn't about him searching for his hammer. :lmao

Jesus Christ.

Try one more time.

Here's a hint: It doesn't have to do with a hammer but with a crown.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Also, the climax has to do with when he fights the villain. Seeing as you stupidly thought the fucking robot was the villain, I can see why you might think that was the climax.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Is that the scene that he throws a boulder at the sky? If that is Thor, then it is at a different time. Not the movie Thor time frame.

well IM2 is concurrent with TIH and so is this one

leemajors
05-12-2011, 06:45 AM
I believe the "Cosmic Cube" was created in Captain America's time. So yes, the cube was created long ago. The Red Skull and other villains wanted the cube since it could change reality.

On a side note, one of the "alternative beginnings" in the Incredible Hulk movie shows Captain America frozen underneath the ice. Since his body is preserved in ice I guess that's how he'll be in the Avengers 60 years later.

I think it's been created by various people at various times, or there is just more than one.

Dark Gable
05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
You all take a comic book movie pretty seriously.

BlackSwordsMan
05-12-2011, 08:38 AM
could batman beat thor?

rr2418
05-12-2011, 09:31 AM
well IM2 is concurrent with TIH and so is this one

I'm just wondering...if that was Thor in that Hulk rain scence how could that be if TIH took place in Virginia and Thor landed in New Mexico?

rr2418
05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
You all take a comic book movie pretty seriously.

Nah, just like any other movie. You see the movie and then you discuss it.

benefactor
05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Thinking about catching this today. 3D worth it or should I stick to 2D?

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm just wondering...if that was Thor in that Hulk rain scence how could that be if TIH took place in Virginia and Thor landed in New Mexico?

idk but there's a face in the clouds when hulk is looking up

Technique
05-12-2011, 01:17 PM
The whole movie wasn't about him searching for his hammer. :lmao

Jesus Christ.

Try one more time.

Here's a hint: It doesn't have to do with a hammer but with a crown.

You suck at this.

Here's a hint: He doesn't get the crown without his hammer.

Also, the climax has to do with when he fights the villain. Seeing as you stupidly thought the fucking robot was the villain, I can see why you might think that was the climax.

Where did I state that I thought the robot was the villain? Your fail assumptions are making you look like a retard, not saying that you aren't one to begin with.

Thor fighting Loki was more of a conclusion, given the fact that Thor obtained his hammer and is therefor 'invincible'.

It's clear now why you enjoyed Thor so much.

TeyshaBlue
05-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I think anyone with a functioning brain pan would recognize that the movie was not about a fucking hammer. It was about Thor's quest to regain the throne and his Father's respect both of which were obtained in the final scenes, ergo, the climax of the movie.

Character development > hammer quest.

TeyshaBlue
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
BTW Chris Hemsworth looked nothing like Kirk's father in Star Trek. I had a hard time believing it was the same dude.

koriwhat
05-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Thinking about catching this today. 3D worth it or should I stick to 2D?

bootleg it cause it's not worth the dime.

here, let me sum it up for you... dude is a dickhead and his father banishes him to earth with no powers, from there the movie gets real boring and it's a bunch of bs like, "wow, his name is thor?", "wow, he speaks weird.", "wow, he's not from here? weird", "wow...wow...wow..." and then boom everyone dies. ok, the end isn't like that.

this movie was lame. plus they added that no-body-having-shitty-actress portman in it to boot.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 01:47 PM

You suck at this.

Where did I state that I thought the robot was the villain? Your fail assumptions are making you look like a retard, not saying that you aren't one to begin with.

Thor fighting Loki was more of a conclusion, given the fact that Thor obtained his hammer and is therefor 'invincible'.

I don't know why I expect you to understand a simple movie when you can't even keep your own thoughts in order.

SMH.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Viking Quest > Character development > hammer quest.

FYP

GIeWjLC_SB0

Kermit
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
you suck at this.

Where did i state that i thought the robot was the villain? Your fail assumptions are making you look like a retard, not saying that you aren't one to begin with.

Thor fighting loki was more of a conclusion, given the fact that thor obtained his hammer and is therefor 'invincible'.

It's clear now why you enjoyed thor so much.

wtf?

scampers
05-12-2011, 02:59 PM
You suck at this.

Gotta admit man, you're failing hard at this. Better stop while you still can.

JoeChalupa
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM
DAmn, this movie sounds deep.

redzero
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
The movie isn't that complicated. There's just an argument about when the climax was.

JoeChalupa
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
The movie isn't that complicated. There's just an argument about when the climax was.

Humm..sounds orgasmic.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM

Not really an argument. There's pretty much only one idiot in this thread. Everyone else figured out who the villain was, what the point of the movie was, and when it climaxed.

benefactor
05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Just got back. Solid summer popcorn flick. Good visuals and the acting was surprisingly uncheesy.

lefty
05-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Ok not bad

Not BB or TDKesque, but not bad

I thought Chris H. did a good job as Thor

And Natalie Portman is yummy

And there was a Hawkeye cameo!!!!!

I didnt stay to see if there was am easter egg after the credits though....

v2freak
05-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Not really an argument. There's pretty much only one idiot in this thread. Everyone else figured out who the villain was, what the point of the movie was, and when it climaxed.

Actually yeah, you're getting real puffy over a comic book movie.

Technique
05-13-2011, 03:12 AM

Actually, the robot is linked to the villian, making him subject to the category.

I'm glad you think this movie has a point other than making Chris Hemsworth a millionare.

You have yet to provide a solid case against the climax being when Thor acquired the hammer, in turn; saving his friends and his human counterpart (most important people to him), becoming invincible (a god) and therefor returning to his rightful heir.

There really is nothing you can say to disprove this, other than saying hurrrp durrp climax is when he fought loki da evil guy!!! hurrrr

Anyway, you swayed off point, I feel the need to repeat my original statement. This time it will be retard proof.

giant metal robot shooting fire out of face = not creative, boring

character development = fails. what other decent movie has the viewers siding on the villains side for justifiable reasons?

getting bitch slapped = not deserving of hammer. he never accomplished anything to earn the hammer.

Thor is in the same category as Batman. I find Jack Nicholson's Joker more intimidating than Loki.

Reggie Williams
05-13-2011, 06:33 AM
You suck at this.

lmao rofl

you are amazing at deciphering movies and understanding them

A+

ManuBalboa
05-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Actually, the robot is linked to the villian, making him subject to the category.

I'm glad you think this movie has a point other than making Chris Hemsworth a millionare.

You have yet to provide a solid case against the climax being when Thor acquired the hammer, in turn; saving his friends and his human counterpart (most important people to him), becoming invincible (a god) and therefor returning to his rightful heir.

There really is nothing you can say to disprove this, other than saying hurrrp durrp climax is when he fought loki da evil guy!!! hurrrr

Anyway, you swayed off point, I feel the need to repeat my original statement. This time it will be retard proof.

character development = fails. what other decent movie has the viewers siding on the villains side for justifiable reasons?

getting bitch slapped = not deserving of hammer. he never accomplished anything to earn the hammer.

Thor is in the same category as Batman. I find Jack Nicholson's Joker more intimidating than Loki.

lol strong movie comprehension fail

leemajors
05-13-2011, 10:54 AM

You'd fare much better if you bothered to state or knew what dénouement is, it may have salvaged your argument to make it understandable. Without it you're just spouting bile.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2011, 03:15 PM

The Climax is when he destroys the bridge

there's really no way to reply to this

The only argument I'll grant you is people siding with Loki, but that's cause it was one of the best comic book villain performances ever.

Technique
05-13-2011, 05:18 PM
The Climax is when he destroys the bridge

there's really no way to reply to this

The only argument I'll grant you is people siding with Loki, but that's cause it was one of the best comic book villain performances ever.

Odin stated that one must be worthy of the hammer to wield it. What did he do throughout the movie as a human that was so worthy?

Jack Nicholson's Joker > Loki

Reggie Williams
05-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Odin stated that one must be worthy of the hammer to wield it. What did he do throughout the movie as a human that was so worthy?

Hint: It has something to do with Hubris.

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2011, 09:23 AM
but is there any superhero with a villian that could go toe to toe with the superhero?

cause it seems like one sided when plot device comes in for hero to secure the win...:(

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2011, 09:23 AM
but is there any superhero with a villian that could go toe to toe with the superhero?

cause it seems like one sided when plot device comes in for hero to secure the win...:(

Reggie Williams
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Omega Red and Wolverine

JoeChalupa
05-14-2011, 11:06 AM
So would I still enjoy this movie not knowing a damn thing about the comic book characters? I admit that I don't really analyze every movie I see and just simply watch them for entertainment purposes. I sometimes need to have them explained to me but in the end I just say "meh". My niece said she liked it though and never read the comics so I'll probaly redbox this.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2011, 12:20 PM

Did you even watch the movie?

TheMACHINE
05-14-2011, 12:42 PM
just saw the movie last night...i put it up there with Daredevil. lol

redzero
05-14-2011, 02:23 PM
So would I still enjoy this movie not knowing a damn thing about the comic book characters? I admit that I don't really analyze every movie I see and just simply watch them for entertainment purposes. I sometimes need to have them explained to me but in the end I just say "meh". My niece said she liked it though and never read the comics so I'll probaly redbox this.

Yes, it's possible to enjoy the movie without being familiar with the character. I'm not a Thor fan, and I found the character and the movie likable.

BlackSwordsMan
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
anyone see priest yet? which one is better? gonna go tomorrow thor or priest

lefty
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
just saw the movie last night...i put it up there with Daredevil. lol

DD was so bad....

But Thor, while not great, is still better

florige
06-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Easily. I know the story behind Thor, but not like the comic guys. It is one of my favorite movies so far this year easily. Very easy to follow, and had alot of very funny, un-cheesy scenes in it. I went in not expecting much at all and came out wanting to see it again in 3-D. And I never usually want to see any movie twice in the theater.

lefty
09-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Ultron say hi.
leemajors foresseing Avengers 2 :wow

Compelling says meh.

It has potential for huge failure, imo. Blake :lmao