PDA

View Full Version : KG (younger than TD) 1-10 7 points tonight against Bosh/Anthony in Boston

elemento
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Bosh 20 points/12 rebounds

Yeah, TD would have done better than that !

TY for that Basketball zero Power, zero knowledge :lmao:lmao:lmao

k_nguyen93
05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Was reading Simmons' book of basketball. Even he knows that Duncan is better. KG punked out of 2004 Olympics because he got to second round of the playoffs while Duncan at least went and played. You gotta add the playoff games. Before 2008, KG only made it to the western conference finals once. He missed the entire 09 playoffs as well. The guy has always been more wily and athletic anyways.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Was reading Simmons' book of basketball. Even he knows that Duncan is better. KG punked out of 2004 Olympics because he got to second round of the playoffs while Duncan at least went and played. You gotta add the playoff games. Before 2008, KG only made it to the western conference finals once. He missed the entire 09 playoffs as well. The guy has always been more wily and athletic anyways.

Well, obviously, or you wouldn't have posted it. If he'd thought the opposite, he would have been added to the long list of Spurs haters.

DMC
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
KG knows too because the greatest Celtic ever told him.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Simmons is a Celtics fan and the book was written post KG trade/championship.

Thanks. I wasn't sure who he was. Career wise, Duncan is the better player, but Garnett is better currently. He had a bad game tonight, but Miami has great team defense. Duncan had plenty of games like this throughout the regular season.

J_Paco
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks. I wasn't sure who he was. Career wise, Duncan is the better player, but Garnett is better currently. He had a bad game tonight, but Miami has great team defense. Duncan had plenty of games like this throughout the regular season.

Please, you sound like an idiot. Duncan went against the most physical front-court in the NBA and played admirably. Garnett would play just as up-and-down as Duncan did. You give excuses for Garnett playing poorly and bag on Timmy when he does the same. Get out of here Hoops Imbecile.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
I assume that is sarcasm?

Sometimes its tough to tell, but this time it was genuine. I've heard of him but never read his book.

Hoops Czar
05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Please, you sound like an idiot. Duncan went against the most physical front-court in the NBA and played admirably. Garnett would play just as up-and-down as Duncan did. You give excuses for Garnett playing poorly and bag on Timmy when he does the same. Get out of here Hoops Imbecile.

Hey Merry Andrew, Duncan didn't play admirably, he played decent. Thats all I've got because the rest makes no sense. I never said Garnett didn't have bad games you goody goody, but comparing Garnett to Duncan through a Memphis/Miami comparison is flat out laughable. On a scale of Miami to Memphis, I wonder where LA's front court ranks? Thanks for the sage advice but I think I'll stick around.

Hooks
05-09-2011, 11:45 PM
MIA's front line is easily the worst defensive front line in the playoffs, Duncan would go for 18+ a game against those guys. IDK why he even attempted to make the comparison.

-Dampier
-Bosh
-Illgauskas
-Anthony

Lmao...

TDfan2007
05-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Duncan didn't play well in the playoffs because the Spurs stopped going to him in the second half despite strong first halfs. I don't care if you're MJ, Bird or Chamberlain- you can't score if you don't get the ball.

+10000000

Some people just don't understand this concept...

k_nguyen93
05-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Didn't KG get 20 shots twice in this series? When's the last time Duncan had as many? I'll see if I can post Simmon's entire section dedicated to Duncan.

Spurminator
05-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Amazing writer, very smart basketball mind-extremely bias towards his hometown Celtics. That is why it is impressive he gives Duncan the nod over Garnett in the debate.

I don't think I could take any professional basketball writer seriously if he put KG ahead of Duncan, rabid Celtics fan or not.

I'm not sure even Tommy Heinsohn would put KG over Duncan.

Budkin
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Don't mock the power.

daslicer
05-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Not surprising I said in the other thread that KG had a great game due to have 4 days off and that once game 4 starts he will be back to being an old crippled player. Celtics should be happy they got a friendlier schedule then the lakers because if they had to deal with only 1 day off before every game they would have been swept.

cantthinkofanything
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes, it's a good point.

It seems that there are plenty of decent big men floating around the NBA that would have been a good fit for this year's Spurs. i would bet that 90% of the teams in the NBA have a non-starting big man that would have been better than Matt Bonner. Also it seems like every team that needed to land a complimentary big man to become more competitive did. Except the Spurs.

k_nguyen93
05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
The one problem with that book is that there are several sections referencing Duncan. So if you just go to the section that has Duncan ranked as the 7th best player of all time, then you're not getting the full experience.

I'll get all of it!

J_Paco
05-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey Merry Andrew, Duncan didn't play admirably, he played decent. Thats all I've got because the rest makes no sense. I never said Garnett didn't have bad games you goody goody, but comparing Garnett to Duncan through a Memphis/Miami comparison is flat out laughable. On a scale of Miami to Memphis, I wonder where LA's front court ranks? Thanks for the sage advice but I think I'll stick around.

My point was your comparing the best front-court in the NBA, and with a healthy Rudy Gay there is no disputing that Memphis is the best, to one of the absolute worst. Los Angeles front-line is more versatile and has championship credibility, but throughout these playoffs Gasol, Randolph and Arthur have outperformed Bynum, Odom and Gasol. The Heat have Chris Bosh and a bunch of one-dimensional scrubs at the 5. Or do you really believe any other team could afford to play Joel Anthony 35-39 minutes with him contributing just 2-5 points?

Anyway, of course Duncan will look worse than Garnett when he's facing the most physical 4-5 tandem in the NBA with inadequate support. While, Garnett feasts on New York's cream puff front-court and has one good game against Boston. He played like shit last night but you don't mention that. They're equals in terms of what they can provide on the court, it's just that Boston is a much more well-rounded team than S.A.