PDA

View Full Version : TBJ's Scott Carefoot on Howard and the Lakers

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/05/09/the-seeming-inevitability-of-dwight-howard-becoming-a-laker/

Worth a read.

Amaso
05-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Would not give up Bynum+Pau to get Dwight and take on Hedo's terrible contract.

lefty
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Would not give up Bynum+Pau to get Dwight and take on Hedo's terrible contract.
I agree
Pau will recover from his breakup and Bynum will hopefully be more mature

InRareForm
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I wanted to stop reading when they mentioned Pau+bynum in the deal.

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
ffs lefty, that damn avatar keeps distracting me.

lefty
05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
ffs lefty, that damn avatar keeps distracting me.
Try looking at my avy+signature for 5 minutes without touching yourself.

I dare you

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Magic’s perspective is that they can potentially get two top-five players (when healthy) at their frontcourt positions

< Scanning Lakers roster >

What's he talking about?

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 11:05 PM
[quote]Magic’s perspective is that they can potentially get two top-five players (when healthy) at their frontcourt positions/[quote]

< Scanning Lakers roster >

What's he talking about?

he must think gasol is top five when healthy.

to be fair, he was. he wont be again though.

NewcastleKEG
05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=NewcastleKEG;5229060][quote]Magic’s perspective is that they can potentially get two top-five players (when healthy) at their frontcourt positions/

he must think gasol is top five when healthy.

to be fair, he was. he wont be again though.
Yeah I know I know

It's not like the Magic's front office job is on the line or even Van Gundy. Why deal a guy that wants out.....TO A TITLE CONTENDER? Your just rewarding him for fucking you over

For brittle Bynum and mentally fragile Gasol? Don't like the Van Gundy and Gasol combo

cobbler
05-10-2011, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=rayjayjohnson;5229114][QUOTE=NewcastleKEG;5229060]
Yeah I know I know

It's not like the Magic's front office job is on the line or even Van Gundy. Why deal a guy that wants out.....TO A TITLE CONTENDER? Your just rewarding him for fucking you over

For brittle Bynum and mentally fragile Gasol? Don't like the Van Gundy and Gasol combo

Lakers are not giving up both. It will be one and filler to make thigs work. Heck, Pau and Dwight works $$$ straight up.

If Dwight has his say he and WANTS to be a Laker it will happen and the Magic wont have a say other than to let him walk at the end of the year. How did that work out for the Cavs?

And before you go off saying the Magic should just tade him wherever they wish. Dream again. What team is going to give up the assets to get Howard without some guarantee he will resign. If Howard really wants to be a Laker, it's going to happen. Then you can cry.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Why would Orlando want Gasol?..

He's 30 years old, the age in which big men generally begin their decline, and he's coming off arguably the worst stretch of his career..

They would probably take Bynum, if they're confident about his body holding up, but not Gasol..

cobbler
05-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Why would Orlando want Gasol?..

He's 30 years old, the age in which big men generally begin their decline, and he's coming off arguably the worst stretch of his career..

They would probably take Bynum, if they're confident about his body holding up, but not Gasol..

Gasol vs nothing? What do you take?

I have a feeling the Lakers won't let Drew go being Jim's pet project and all.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 12:40 AM
I would rather rebuild, then to pay Gasol 18 million a year for the next few years, while he potentially continues to decline and sulk..or I'm sure they can get a package of young players and picks from somebody, while taking back a bad contract to match the salaries..

Lakers don't have any sweeteners in a Gasol trade, they don't have any young assets, and they will never have lottery picks..

Bynum is 23, so it makes some sense, he still has potential to be a very good player..

Killakobe81
05-10-2011, 12:45 AM
I would rather rebuild, then to pay Gasol 18 million a year for the next few years, while he potentially continues to decline and sulk..or I'm sure they can get a package of young players and picks from somebody, while taking back a bad contract to match the salaries..

Lakers don't have any sweeteners in a Gasol trade, they don't have any young assets, and they will never have lottery picks..

Bynum is 23, so it makes some sense, he still has potential to be a very good player..

Most big men dont have steep declines at that age ...guards do. Pau should have at least 3 all-star caliber type years left. But I agree his best basketball is probably behind him. But who knows? If he has the pride I think he does, I think he bounces back. Dude had MVP of the Lakers Top 3 in MVP voting talk... first month of the season.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 12:50 AM
I believe Gasol will bounce back, but I don't see why Orlando would take that risk..a 30+ year old Gasol as your best player isn't going to take you anywhere..

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=NewcastleKEG;5229203][QUOTE=rayjayjohnson;5229114]

Lakers are not giving up both. It will be one and filler to make thigs work. Heck, Pau and Dwight works $$$ straight up.

If Dwight has his say he and WANTS to be a Laker it will happen and the Magic wont have a say other than to let him walk at the end of the year. How did that work out for the Cavs?

And before you go off saying the Magic should just tade him wherever they wish. Dream again. What team is going to give up the assets to get Howard without some guarantee he will resign. If Howard really wants to be a Laker, it's going to happen. Then you can cry.
Cavaliers are gonna get Kyrie Irving. Could be an elite PG in this league

What made the LeBron situation bad was the way he shit all over Cleveland, Howard won't do that

Magic might as well pack up and become the Lakers farm system team if they deal Howard and he wins a title there

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I believe Gasol will bounce back, but I don't see why Orlando would take that risk..a 30+ year old Gasol as your best player isn't going to take you anywhere..
Lakers aren't gonna deal both but where does Gasol & Bynum on the Magic take them? 1st Round lose?

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Gasol vs nothing? What do you take?

I have a feeling the Lakers won't let Drew go being Jim's pet project and all.
...... Nothing

You want draft picks and Gasol + Odom whatever is gonna make them mid round drafters. Plus it takes away their financial freedom

cobbler
05-10-2011, 03:49 AM
...... Nothing

You want draft picks and Gasol + Odom whatever is gonna make them mid round drafters. Plus it takes away their financial freedom

I wasn't trying to imply just gasol. There would always be other players, picks, future expiring considerations etc. No doubt the Magic would want to unload an unsavory contract. What I meant was the Lakers will not give up both Drew and Gasol. And if Dwight really wants to be a Laker and forces the issue, it will happen. The Magic hold no cards. That's a big "if" though. Unless of course they find some team willing to trade all the assets required to rent him for a season or less. Good luck with that.

Warlord23
05-10-2011, 07:04 AM
cobbler, if the Magic wanted to trade Howard and Hedo for Gasol, Odom and you, cobbler, for their wheelchair team, would you agree to take one for the team and go to Orlando?

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Lakers need to concentrate on a pg. they are fine in the front line dept. can't sit here and tell me that a team that is basically 11 months displaced from their last championship is washed up. That's asinine. Gasol and bynum are MORE than formidable and the league knows it. They do also need to improve on that bench.

stop with the $$ situation, contract stipulatons and commitiments. Lakers are going to consult their bean-counters and work something out. always have. always will.