PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Mavs Want?

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I really think Dallas matches up much better with Memphis. Durant and Westbrook seem like nightmare matchups for us. Marion is too small to guard Durant and Kidd is too slow to guard Westbrook or any elite fast twitch point guard for that matter. Memphis seems a lot like the Lakers imo. Those suit us more. But I think the Thunder will win the series in 6 against Memphis. They got the momentum now.

Booharv
05-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Dirk - Randolph would be a laughable matchup in that neither guy would have a shot in hell of stopping each other. Both might average 30.

Darthkiller
05-10-2011, 10:34 AM
memphis is 3-1 against dallas in regular season. dallas owned okc

stretch
05-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Memphis is a more complete and well rounded team, while OKC is more talented. Neither scares me though. Marion generally seems to give Durant hell though, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

There is an easy way to beat the Thunder, and the Mavs will likely be doing this through the series, considering its what they did during the season, and had great success against the Thunder by doing so... give Westbrook all the long jumpers he wants. Dude is a black hole, and cant shoot for shit, and if he knocks down a couple, he will start taking more and more bad shots. He is mostly effective either in transition, or when defenders play up on him (something Kidd cant and wont do).

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Dirk will be guarding Gasol and Chandler would be guarding Randolph I'm sure. One thing is for sure is that one of those 2 players will have to guard Dirk. Thus only having one big under the basket instead of 2 opens things up.

stretch
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM

tbh, two of their wins came with a last second shot, a third came right after Dirk got back from injury, and was ejected early.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
One of those games Dallas choked. They were up big in Memphis and blew it. I think they matchup well to Memphis despite regular season record. We have yet to play the Thunder with Perkins. They are definitely an improved defensive team and probably offensive as well due to Perkins' illegal picks.

sefant77
05-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Grizzlies.

Mavs match up better with them. Gasol and Zach will be completly gassed out after this series, they both average over 40min in these playoffs.

They will go up against well rested Dirk, Chandler, Haywood...

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Dirk will be guarding Gasol and Chandler would be guarding Randolph I'm sure. One thing is for sure is that one of those 2 players will have to guard Dirk. Thus only having one big under the basket instead of 2 opens things up.

Gasol is way too big for Nowitzki. He bullied the shit out of Tim. If Dirk guards him he will set up directly under the rim every play. Dirk will guard Randolph most likely.

Venti Quattro
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
If the Mavs could play LA every game in the playoffs they probably would. LA is a walking mismatch vs the Mavs.

dirk4mvp
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Since Tyson would be holding ZBO, Dirk's gonna have his hands full keeping Marc "I'm fat" Gasol off the boards.

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Since Tyson would be holding ZBO, Dirk's gonna have his hands full keeping Marc "I'm fat" Gasol off the boards.

Gasol can score around the basket too. I doubt they let Dirk try to guard him. Memphis would just throw the ball to him in the post and Dirk would be overmatched physically.

dirk4mvp
05-10-2011, 10:44 AM
He's already punked one Gasol, going for the second one, imho.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
No, he wouldn't..

Marc Gasol can barely create his own offense..he scored like 3 FGs that were created by himself, against the Spurs..the majority of his points come off penetration from the guards, rebounds and putbacks, open jump shots, and the attention that Randolph gets..

Dirk should be fine against him, if Chandler can hold his own against Randolph, defensively..

lefty
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
The Mavs will play a dead tired team in the WCF

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
He's already punked one Gasol, going for the second one, imho.
They have no one to guard him at all. I just don't know who he can guard.

No, he wouldn't..

Marc Gasol can barely create his own offense..he scored like 3 FGs that were created by himself, against the Spurs..the majority of his points come off penetration from the guards, rebounds and putbacks, open jump shots, and the attention that Randolph gets..

Dirk should be fine against him, if Chandler can hold his own against Randolph, defensively..

This couldn't be more wrong. Bookmarked for bumping.

dirk4mvp
05-10-2011, 10:49 AM
HarlemHeat is basically right. Are you judging him off of this playoffs alone?

Booharv
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Dirk is from Memphis iirc so he has some expertise in this arena imho If he tinks Dirk can guard Gasol I believe him.

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 10:56 AM
HarlemHeat is basically right. Are you judging him off of this playoffs alone?

Yes. He bullied Duncan around the basket in the Spurs series. He has more skills than HarlemHeat's description which makes him sound like Kendrick Perkins or somnething.

Budkin
05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
The way the Mavs are playing I don't think either team is going to stop them.

jag
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
No, he wouldn't..

Game 1:

24 points, 9FGM

Points off penetration from guards: 2
Points from rebounds and putbacks: 2
Points from open/spot-up jump shots: 0

Points from ISO : 12
Points from PnR: 2

Game 2:

12 points, 2 FGM

Points off penetration from guards: 0
Points from rebounds and putbacks: 0
Points from open/spot-up jump shots: 0

Points from ISO : 2
Points from PnR: 2

Game 3:

17 points, 7 FGM

Points off penetration from guards: 2
Points from rebounds and putbacks: 0
Points from open/spot-up jump shots: 2

Points from ISO : 6
Points from PnR or Cut to the basket: 4

First 3 games:
Points created from ISO or PnR: 28 (16 Field Goals Made)
Points off penetration from guards, rbs/putbacks or open jumpshots: 8 (4 FGM)

I think dirk would have a very difficult time with Gasol. Gasol is surprisingly versatile and when he gets good low lost position he draws a lot of fouls (15 fouls drawn over first 3 games - 5 And-1's).

ZBo obviously has trouble with tall, long players so i think Chandler would really bother him. But I'm not sure what you do with Gasol. If you put Dirk on him, I don't see him being very effective and you also risk getting him in foul trouble.

I'm not sure about putting Dirk on ZBo. Nick Collison has done a good job on him, but Collison has had to work his ass off and is incredibly physical with ZBo. ZBo also draws a lot of fouls, as well.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Dirk's defense once again not getting the credit it deserves. Dirk basically shut down Pau Gasol who is a low post scorer. I would be fine with him guarding Marc or Zach. I think Chandler has Dirk's back even when Dirk is in bad position every so often. So Dallas's twin towers make it very hard to score in the low post imo. Even Dallas's guards are great at help defense. Kidd has great hands. Dallas is still prone to the real athletic teams. Warriors in 07 was a great example of the type of teams that bother Dallas. OKC is closer to the style of the Warriors than Memphis is.

Ghazi
05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
what do ya care? bullsfan :)

Axe Murderer
05-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm really not worried about either.

OKC has Durant and Westbrook but they're horrible at closing games out. I know Durant had a monster 3rd OT but if they played that way against Dallas, there's no way it goes that far will all those mistakes they made earlier in the game.

Memphis went 3-1 against us but 2 of those games were pretty fluky, and were games I'd expect us to win in the playoffs. One thing they did well was beat up Dirk. Marc Gasol played very physical with him and that seemed to throw him off his rhythm. Memphis is the 1 team out of the 2 that has a prayer in stopping Dirk imho

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
what do ya care? bullsfan :)
Come on man. You know I'm a mavs fan. Just maybe not the type of fan you care for. :toast

jag
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Dirk's defense once again not getting the credit it deserves. Dirk basically shut down Pau Gasol who is a low post scorer. I would be fine with him guarding Marc or Zach. I think Chandler has Dirk's back even when Dirk is in bad position every so often. So Dallas's twin towers make it very hard to score in the low post imo. Even Dallas's guards are great at help defense. Kidd has great hands. Dallas is still prone to the real athletic teams. Warriors in 07 was a great example of the type of teams that bother Dallas. OKC is closer to the style of the Warriors than Memphis is.

Marc and Zach are very different than Pau in the low post.

For multiple reasons, I don't think Dirk is anything better than an average defender. At times he's below average. When you take into account the amount of effort he gives on the offensive end and the fact that he absolutely cannot get in foul trouble, it's understandable that he's limited defensively. At his age, it's probably better that he conserve energy on defense.

Regardless of what you think of Dirk's D, it's fairly obvious that he's not a better defensive player than Duncan. Even at this point in Duncan's career. I bring that up because Marc did most of his damage against Duncan in ISO.

If i'm Hollins, I make it a point to force the ball into Marc and hope Dirk gets into foul trouble.

LA didn't have anyone to stay with Barea and Terry. Memphis does. And if Allen keeps Terry in check, Dallas goes right back to remembering how hard it is to win without a 2nd option.

I think Dallas should hope for OKC.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Marc and Zach are very different than Pau in the low post.

For multiple reasons, I don't think Dirk is anything better than an average defender. At times he's below average. When you take into account the amount of effort he gives on the offensive end and the fact that he absolutely cannot get in foul trouble, it's understandable that he's limited defensively. At his age, it's probably better that he conserve energy on defense.

Regardless of what you think of Dirk's D, it's fairly obvious that he's not a better defensive player than Duncan. Even at this point in Duncan's career. I bring that up because Marc did most of his damage against Duncan in ISO.

If i'm Hollins, I make it a point to force the ball into Marc and hope Dirk gets into foul trouble.

LA didn't have anyone to stay with Barea and Terry. Memphis does. And if Allen keeps Terry in check, Dallas goes right back to remembering how hard it is to win without a 2nd option.

I think Dallas should hope for OKC.
But Dallas's help defense is way better than the Spurs. Chandler>>>Mcdyess in that category. Marion, Kidd, and Terry I've seen getting some steals off the blind side of the Lakers bigs. Dirk can use his length to bother shots. Dallas just won't let you back them down so easily. Dirk has more trouble with slashers like Odom or even worse like a athletic 3 playing at the 4 like Stephen Jackson.

jag
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
But Dallas's help defense is way better than the Spurs. Chandler>>>Mcdyess in that category. Marion, Kidd, and Terry I've seen getting some steals off the blind side of the Lakers bigs. Dirk can use his length to bother shots. Dallas just won't let you back them down so easily. Dirk has more trouble with slashers like Odom or even worse like a athletic 3 playing at the 4 like Stephen Jackson.

Dallas has much better help D than the Spurs. I agree with you there. Chandler is a good help defender, but with Randolph's range, I think Dirk could be left on an island if they call ISO's for Gasol. As far as physical strength goes, Dirk isn't weak in the post when being backed down. But Marc is huge and knows how to use his body.

It really depends on how Gasol decides to play. If Gasol starts settling for 15-ft jumpers and turnaround jumpers in ISO, then Dirk is athletic enough to bother his shots. If Marc goes straight to the low block and uses his body to get to the rim, then I don't see how Dirk can defend him or stay out of foul trouble.

Mugen
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Dallas should beat either team in 6 games.

They should hope for the team that's not gonna beat them up and be more physical in general.

That's OKC.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Marc Gasol in game 1, scored 9 FGs..5 of the 9 were assisted, 1 was a wide open jump shot, and 1 was off an offensive rebound..he only scored 2 of his FGs in the post, in 1 on 1 situations, 1 of them coming off a blatant push-off that wasn’t called, and the other on a fadeaway that he will probably never make again, during the rest of his career..

Marc Gasol in game 2 scored 2 FGs, both assisted..

Marc Gasol in game 3 scored on 7 FGs, 6 of them assisted..

Marc Gasol in game 4 scored 3 FGs, 2 offensive rebounds and 1 assisted..

Marc Gasol in game 5 scored 5 FGs, 4 of them assisted..

Marc Gasol scored 5 FGs in game 6, only 1 of them assisted, 2 coming on offensive boards, 1 of the others coming off open jump shots..

Gasol scored 31 FGs for the series– 62% of them were assisted..

5 of them were on offensive rebounds, mostly from the attention that Randolph draws inside, obviously..

2 were open jump shots where Duncan can’t go out and contest, due to old age and too much responsibility..

So he only scored 5 FGs vs. the Spurs that were created for himself..the rest were either due to his rebounding ability, due to Duncan's inability to come out and contest open jump shots, and due to the Spurs small frontline, once Duncan goes to help out on Randolph, which Duncan himself admitted..

Against OKC, Gasol hasn't been able to do much for himself..

Gasol scored 9 FGs in game 1, 6 were assisted, 1 was an offensive rebound..so he scored 2 by himself..

Gasol scored 3 FGs in game 2, all assisted..

Gasol scored 4 FGs in game 3, 3 of them assisted..

Gasol scored 11 FGs in game 4, 9 were assisted, 1 came off a tip rebound off Randolph’s miss..

Against OKC, so far, he has 27 FGs, 21 of them have been assisted, 78%..

2 came off off rebounds, from Randolph's attention, as usual..

So he has 4 FGs created for himself, out of the 27..

That's not a knock on him, he's a good player, rebounding, shooting open shots and slashing are obviously solid skills to have, for a big man..however, it's pretty clear that he can barely create his own offense..he's very reliant on his teammates for his offense..

Dirk is a much better defensive rebounder than Bonner or Splitter, and a better overall defender than Bonner and Blair..he should be able to help limit Gasol's offensive rebounding output..

If Memphis runs their offense through Gasol, Dallas should be extremely happy..

endrity
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Dallas should beat either team in 6 games.

They should hope for the team that's not gonna beat them up and be more physical in general.

That's OKC.

That's it. Dallas will be favored in each series. But Memphis will wear them out physically a lot more.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
That's it. Dallas will be favored in each series. But Memphis will wear them out physically a lot more.
Dallas should be very fresh after the sweep. And the finals usually allows for more time to prepare as you usually get 1 or 2 more days off before the finals starts. If it's all about winning the WCF, I think Dallas has a better chance of beating the Grizzlies. But whoever wins that series, will be the tougher opponent anyways due to proving to being the better team. We'll find out. I think the Thunder are the slightly better team.

jag
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Marc Gasol in game 1, scored 9 FGs..5 of the 9 were assisted, 1 was a wide open jump shot, and 1 was off an offensive rebound..he only scored 2 of his FGs in the post, in 1 on 1 situations, 1 of them coming off a blatant push-off that wasn’t called, and the other on a fadeaway that he will probably never make again, during the rest of his career..

It's funny how you talk about baskets that are assisted and those which aren't. Assists are given for anything nowadays. If you actually watch the plays, you'll see what i mean. You ignore the assisted baskets and act as if he didn't actually create that scoring chance on his own.

Marc Gasol can barely create his own offense..he scored like 3 FGs that were created by himself, against the Spurs..the majority of his points come off penetration from the guards, rebounds and putbacks, open jump shots

1st FG: PnR with Conley, he receives the ball in the paint and scores an And-1. OK. He didn't create this shot for himself.
2nd FG: Gasol receives the ball from conley at about 18 ft. Duncan challenges him to make the shot so he does.
3rd FG: Gasol receives the ball on the low block with Duncan on his back. He immediately turns and puts a hook shot over duncan. He created that shot for himself.
4th FG: Receives the ball from conley off a PnR and shoots from the FT line while Duncan closes out.
5th FG: Duncan ISO - turnaround jumper
6th FG: Duncan ISO - drives to the basket and scores
7th FG: Post up ISO on Duncan - spin move and finish at the basket
8th: Offensive rebound
9th: cut to the basket, receives the pass and finishes.

He was actually credited with assisted baskets on some of those isolations. If that's the stat you're looking at to evaluate his game then you don't know what you're talking about.

4 of those baskets were created in isolation. 1 on 1 with Duncan. Duncan actually had time to close out on him on his 18-footer, so it could actually be argued that he created that scoring chance by threatening to drive. But I'll give you that one.

We could sit here and go through every game and pick apart the plays. Looking at which baskets were assisted doesn't explain how the offense was actually created. He also hit two jump shots off the PnR, so i guess those shouldn't count because he didn't cross anyone up and toss himself an oop off the backboard.

You said he had 3 FGs created by himself against the Spurs during the 1st round. He actually had 4 during the first game.

So he only scored 5 FGs vs. the Spurs that were created for himself..the rest were either due to his rebounding ability, due to Duncan's inability to come out and contest open jump shots, and due to the Spurs small frontline, once Duncan goes to help out on Randolph, which Duncan himself admitted..

In game 1 he had 4 FGM in ISO against Duncan and you honestly think he had 5 total during the entire series?

So let me get this straight. According to you, his offense comes from:

-penetration from the guards
-rebounds
-putbacks
-jumpshots
-opposing players inability to step out and contest his shots
-frontline players that can't guard him

So basically his offense comes from the combination of where every versatile big man's offense comes from over the course of a 6-game series. Then you say he can "barely" create his own shot. Completely ignoring he did it 4 times in the first game against Duncan.

That's not a knock on him, he's a good player, rebounding, shooting open shots and slashing are obviously solid skills to have, for a big man..however, it's pretty clear that he can barely create his own offense..he's very reliant on his teammates for his offense..
If Memphis runs their offense through Gasol, Dallas should be extremely happy..

It's actually obvious he can create his own shot in 1-on-1 situations when he needs to.
He either can or can't create his own shot when he needs to. If you'd like to argue "barely", go right on ahead.

Memphis doesn't run their offense through Gasol. He's their second option in the post. Which is saying a lot for someone as versatile as he is.

endrity
05-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Dallas should be very fresh after the sweep. And the finals usually allows for more time to prepare as you usually get 1 or 2 more days off before the finals starts. If it's all about winning the WCF, I think Dallas has a better chance of beating the Grizzlies. But whoever wins that series, will be the tougher opponent anyways due to proving to being the better team. We'll find out. I think the Thunder are the slightly better team.

This is an OLD team. You get as much as rest as you can I think.

cheguevara
05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
as I said many times. If Durant takes over the remaining games OKC is getting to the WCF. Another thing, I don't think last night's loss affected the Grizz mentally as most think. Same old Memphis will come out in OKC game 5.

This looks like it's going 7 games and is gona be hell of a series. :tu Which the winner will get to the Finals. the rest of the playoffs after this are gonna blow. And the worst part is I am already seeing Lebron getting his ring and from then on it's gonna be Lebron bukkake all over the media for the next 5-10 years :pctoss

Cane
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
OKC since they can struggle to score in the playoffs. They don't have a legit post presence and they are terrible at moving the ball around which will bite them in the ass against the Mavs. However the Mavs don't really have anyone that can slow down Westbrook or Durant but then again Durant doesn't have the ball handling or passing skills to take over the game as much as he should. Ibaka and Perkins also seem to be breaking down; Perkins said his knee was only around 60% and Ibaka's been battling with some stuff.

Imo the Grizz are a more complete, bigger, physical, and more athletic team. Dallas won't be able to get their old 3 point shooters good looks throughout the series against their young legs. There will probably be plenty of foul trouble if Zbo and Dirk are facing against eachother and I give the edge to Zbo (when it comes to foul trouble) since he knows how to get away with being physical and his bread and butter are high-% shots like putbacks around the rim.

Also depends on how each coach decides to defend Dirk. If Dirk can live at the line then its all over.

Ghazi
05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
stretch... how do you think we matchup v Miami?

Ghazi
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM
dammit stretch answer!!

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
All that I know is I want the series to go 7 and have each game go down to the end. Forcing heavy minutes for the starters.

dallaskd
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Come on man. You know I'm a mavs fan. Just maybe not the type of fan you care for. :toast

lol blazers in 6

lol lakers in 6

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
lol blazers in 6

lol lakers in 6
1. Mavs didn't look good to end the season. Portland got a great addition in Gerald Wallace
2. Lakers were the defending champions with big star power. I was wrong on both series but I had reason to doubt the Mavs considering their history.

Axe Murderer
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
as I said many times. If Durant takes over the remaining games OKC is getting to the WCF. Another thing, I don't think last night's loss affected the Grizz mentally as most think. Same old Memphis will come out in OKC game 5.

This looks like it's going 7 games and is gona be hell of a series. :tu Which the winner will get to the Finals. the rest of the playoffs after this are gonna blow. And the worst part is I am already seeing Lebron getting his ring and from then on it's gonna be Lebron bukkake all over the media for the next 5-10 years :pctoss

Nobody actually reads what you post. If you're gonna do it anyway, atleast keep it to 2 lines or less to save you all that typing

stretch
05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
dammit stretch answer!!

5 games

mavs win

endrity
05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
stretch... how do you think we matchup v Miami?

Not great. We can deal with one great wing player. I don't know if we can hang with two.

The one thing though is Chandler. Coming into that 06 Finals, Dallas had outrebounded their opponent every single game in the playoffs. Miami took that away. At least Shaq was good for that. Now it's the opposite. Chandler can really dominate the glass against them, and he has to in order for the Mavs to win a possible series against them.

z0sa
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Dallas has the size in the paint to exercise their "experience" advantage over either team, making this a difficult choice. If I were a Mavs fan, I'd probably choose Memphis, simply because the Cinderella story has to end sooner or later, and that team doesn't have the experience of pushing the eventual champs to 7 games last season. No KD to face also has to be a good thing.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Not great. We can deal with one great wing player. I don't know if we can hang with two.

The one thing though is Chandler. Coming into that 06 Finals, Dallas had outrebounded their opponent every single game in the playoffs. Miami took that away. At least Shaq was good for that. Now it's the opposite. Chandler can really dominate the glass against them, and he has to in order for the Mavs to win a possible series against them.
I actually think we matchup great with Miami. No point guard or center to worry about. It's basically 3 players. I like the Dirk/Bosh matchup. I think Dirk will have a big series. Stevenson and Marion are good defenders. Having them matchup with Wade and Lebron with Chandler helping out on defense as needed. Barea won't be exposed on defense.

Mugen
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
The only team left that can beat Dallas is Miami and vice versa.

Should be a great Finals, tbh. I'd like the Mavs chances a lot more if they had HC against the Heat because i think it definitely goes 6 or 7.

Cuckolded Sissy
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Dallas beat OKC without Dirk is all that needs to be said

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Nobody actually reads what you post. If you're gonna do it anyway, atleast keep it to 2 lines or less to save you all that typing

:lol

endrity
05-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I actually think we matchup great with Miami. No point guard or center to worry about. It's basically 3 players. I like the Dirk/Bosh matchup. I think Dirk will have a big series. Stevenson and Marion are good defenders. Having them matchup with Wade and Lebron with Chandler helping out on defense as needed. Barea won't be exposed on defense.

But Stevenson or Marion are not part of what is right now the best 5 the Mavs use.

Our best lineup coming out of that LA series was:
Kidd-Jet-Peja-Dirk-Chandler.

Can you really ask Kidd to d up Wade? He can do it against bigger stronger guards, but Wade will lit him up due to superior athleticism and speed. Ditto for Peja on Lebron. Marion can play him well, but the spacing we get because of Peja completely disappears with Trix on the court. He's gonna have to score a lot of hustle points to make up for it.

I think Dirk-Chandler will absolutely murder anything the Heat have with the bigs, and I pray Haslem does come back. I think he can do nothing on Dirk. But I don't know if that is enough to counter Wade-LeBron.

Also, let's not be sure of that PG matchup. Chalmers is shooting the ball well in the playoffs, and if they use Wade as PG at time with James Jones on the court, there is no way we can hide Barea on defense.

There are many issues with that machup in my mind.

Findog
05-10-2011, 05:35 PM
You can single cover Durant with Marion, Stevenson, Brewer, let him get his 30-35 points and stay home on everybody else. Westbrook has been playing like Stephon Marbury. So while it wouldn't be easy, it's easier than Memphis in my opinion. The combo of Randolph/Gasol is a lot to deal with.