PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Dwight is staying in Orlando

Chris
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dwight-Howard-is-sick-of-you-questioning-his-lov?urn=nba-wp2966

"Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh"

"I'm not blaming the media. I'm saying stop with the dumb articles. They don't make be decision of mine. I jus don't want Orlando fans to believe them. Cuz they don't know. I love my city"

lol Lakers

Fabbs
05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
^^ Or agentspeak to try to jack up the contract.

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Dummy.

Of course he's going to tweet that. Besides, very few want him with LA, I for one.
Lakers front line still formidable. :toast

z0sa
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
yet another LOL Lakers moment tbh

Chris
05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Dummy.

Of course he's going to tweet that. Besides, very few want him with LA, I for one.
Lakers front line still formidable. :toast

Off topic: Would you trade Bynum for Chris Paul?

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Laker fans on the local radio are delusional

Some saying Artest + Odom for Howard

Magic aren't gutless like the Grizzlies. They aren't gonna hand Kobe titles....again

cheguevara
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
:lmao Lakers stuck with the black Pamela Anderson

ambchang
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Keep in mind that, eventually, Shaq did sign with the Lakers.

Is Dwight saying that these "dumb" articles are going to drive him away to LA, just like they did to Shaq?

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Off topic: Would you trade Bynum for Chris Paul?

No. Now, would I trade other pieces? Yes.

DJ Mbenga
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
until he signs that extension people wont stop harassing him

ElNono
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
He could use the summer to learn some grammar...

Cane
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Imo its a bad move to reference and even kinda sympathize with Shaq when you're a superstar for the struggling Orlando Magic and the Lakers just happen to be in the same boat. That must be pretty shitty for the Tragic fans.

baseline bum
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
No. Now, would I trade other pieces? Yes.

So you'd trade Bryant for Paul? I would too; that's a no-brainer.

Dex
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Imo its a bad move to reference and even kinda sympathize with Shaq when you're a superstar for the struggling Orlando Magic and the Lakers just happen to be in the same boat. That must be pretty shitty for the Tragic fans.

IMO he wouldn't be referencing it unless he had a very strong conviction that he won't be "pulling a Shaq".

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
So you'd trade Bryant for Paul? I would too; that's a no-brainer.

negative. bean stays. he's more than just "serviceable" and I know you know that.

Kyle Orton
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
lol thinking that twitter message means shit. If Dwight loved Orlando so much, he'd sign the max extension you know Orlando is willing to give him. Using Shaq as the example doesn't really indicate he wants to be in Orlando long term.

TheMACHINE
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
He says he wants to stay and that twitter message proves it. And twitter is like a contract.

IronMexican
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Not for the 25 million he's going to get this season.

Mugen
05-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Only deal the Magic should accept for Dwight is Bynum/Gasol for D12/Turk or Arenas

If LA is dumb enough to do that, then Otis Smith should be all over it because thats the best package he's going to get.

All the dumbass Laker fans here in SoCal think Bynum/Walton is good enough to get D12. :lmao

I think Dwight is as good as gone but Fat Tits and Dick's BFF isn't enough to get the best C in the league.

TheNextGen
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Mugen is right. Media usually gets it all wrong.

No one thought Shaq was going to the Lakers.

No one thought Carmelo was going to the Knicks.

Everyone was pretty sure Lebron was staying in Cleveland.

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Only deal the Magic should accept for Dwight is Bynum/Gasol for D12/Turk or Arenas

If LA is dumb enough to do that, then Otis Smith should be all over it because thats the best package he's going to get.

All the dumbass Laker fans here in SoCal think Bynum/Walton is good enough to get D12. :lmao

I think Dwight is as good as gone but Fat Tits and Dick's BFF isn't enough to get the best C in the league.

and here's :toast hoping the Laker don't do that trade.

pg is all they need and a trevor ariza kind of player (long, lanky, athletic)

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 03:39 PM

I fully endorse this post

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM

Durant, Randolph & Dirk are better than anyone on the Lakers
Rose, Wade & LeBron are better than anyone on the Lakers

Celtics are still better than the Lakers

Good luck getting past those teams

mavsfan1000
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Until he signs an extension, I fully expect him to sign with the Lakers.

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Durant, Randolph & Dirk are better than anyone on the Lakers
Rose, Wade & LeBron are better than anyone on the Lakers

Celtics are still better than the Lakers

Good luck getting past those teams

describe "better"....

your totally disregarding other elements on this Laker team other than just being "better" or lack thereof

-experience
- talent

those 2, and only having those 2 mentioned above have won championships when "athleticism" wasn't enough.

This is a early 30's (yrs) avg team. 10 months displaced from a championship.
Are you that foolish to count LA out already. Really?

Jump on the "new wave" of players all you want. I get it, but counting out the vets can be costly.

Muser
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM

A bench which doesn't suck shit would be a good start too.

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
A bench which doesn't suck shit would be a good start too.

agreed

but to say the entire bench must go? nah...

- brown? adios
- theo? -adios
- ebanks/caracter? -time will tell, but the potential is there
- artest? adios (?)
- barnes - keeper

Mugen
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM

I agree if i were a laker fan. a Bynum/Gasol for D12 would be a lateral move AT BEST. I think it makes them worse, considering they really don't have the shooters to surround Howard outside of Kobe. I think it'd be dumb to blow the Lakers up after what's been a pretty flukey postseason (LOL Spurs).

They obviously need to improve the bench and the pg spot but that's about it. They'd be favored to come out of the West next year with some minor tweaks IMO.

Would Laker fans rather keep Pau or Bynum? I know Pau is older and softer but a lot of that is negated with Drew's injury issues and immaturity.

I think they get worse if they choose Bynum over Pau.....

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree if i were a laker fan. a Bynum/Gasol for D12 would be a lateral move AT BEST. I think it makes them worse, considering they really don't have the shooters to surround Howard outside of Kobe. I think it'd be dumb to blow the Lakers up after what's been a pretty flukey postseason (LOL Spurs).

They obviously need to improve the bench and the pg spot but that's about it. They'd be favored to come out of the West next year with some minor tweaks IMO.

Would Laker fans rather keep Pau or Bynum? I know Pau is older and softer but a lot of that is negated with Drew's injury issues and immaturity.

I think they get worse if they choose Bynum over Pau.....

good take overall

lets not forget drew's first 2 injuries were through absolutely no fault of his own. he didn't land funny. he wasn't out of shape with weak muscles or ligaments, he wasn't hot-dogging a slam....he was ran into in the most awkward ways a b-ball player can get injured. his dice rolled and it was "him" that got injured. a injury that through fate and fate alone could have happened to Dwight, Tim, Lopez brothers, Noah, etc.

I think his injuries are behind him and will only get better this off-season.

Bynum is the one you keep even though I know we are keeping both not to mention that Drew is Jim Buss's "boy".

They are going to re-tool. book it.

Muser
05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Lakers need much more than a PG, they need a good backup for Kobe so he can rest through the season (although knowing Kobe he will still want to play 40 mins a night). They also need a good backup for Pau, the dude is drained both mentally and physically. And not forgetting a decent SF.

TheManFromAcme
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Lakers need much more than a PG, they need a good backup for Kobe so he can rest through the season (although knowing Kobe he will still want to play 40 mins a night). They also need a good backup for Pau, the dude is drained both mentally and physically. And not forgetting a decent SF.

agreed

DMC
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Same thing they did to Shaq? Yeah and Shaq ended up in LA..

Isitjustme?
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
lol thinking that twitter message means shit. If Dwight loved Orlando so much, he'd sign the max extension you know Orlando is willing to give him. Using Shaq as the example doesn't really indicate he wants to be in Orlando long term.

Killakobe81
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
LOL, sure, Dwight. Why not sign the extension? He may not join Lakers but I doubt he stays ... we could be like Bulls or Knicks (Lebron/Wade)and get left at the altar ...but if you believe he is staying then you also believe in Santa Claus ...

NewJerSpur
05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
CP3 Otis......make the call son.

NewJerSpur
05-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Doc Rivers' contract up this year Otis........make the call son, he LIVES in Orlando.

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 08:36 PM
describe "better"....

your totally disregarding other elements on this Laker team other than just being "better" or lack thereof

-experience
- talent

those 2, and only having those 2 mentioned above have won championships when "athleticism" wasn't enough.

This is a early 30's (yrs) avg team. 10 months displaced from a championship.
Are you that foolish to count LA out already. Really?

Jump on the "new wave" of players all you want. I get it, but counting out the vets can be costly.
Experience just walked out the door with Phil. And that element sure showed in Gasol this post season

One thing we should all walk away from the Mavericks series with is how over blown the ''Lakers are talented'' talk was.
Kobe:8-10 player in league
Odom: Disappears in road games
Bynum: Always misses a third of season and is mentally fragile (Cheap shots)
Gasol: Nothing needed to be said
Artest: 8 & 3 guy

Where is all this Lakers talent?
Brown vs Barea.....who would you rather have?
- Blake, Barnes, Fisher all garbage

If the Lakers are talented what does that make the Mavericks? Dream Team??

dbreiden83080
05-10-2011, 08:45 PM
It is very unlikely he will be a Laker next year. Orlando will shop around like Denver did with Melo and take the highest bidder. Why are people speculating Bynum is gonna be enough?

ezau
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Lakers just need a solid point guard and a couple of good shooters to surround their frontline and they'll be back as contenders next year.

baseline bum
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Mugen is right. Media usually gets it all wrong.

No one thought Shaq was going to the Lakers.

No one thought Carmelo was going to the Knicks.

Everyone was pretty sure Lebron was staying in Cleveland.

The media all had James going to NY, so that example doesn't make much sense.

crc21209
05-10-2011, 11:40 PM

:lol No one wants Walton, he's probably one of the Top 5 worst players in the NBA. He doesnt bring anything to a team, except an injured body. He's only in the league because of his Daddy's name tbh....

Venti Quattro
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Lakers just need a solid point guard and a couple of good shooters to surround their frontline and they'll be back as contenders next year.

A decent ezau post :wow :wow :wow

peskypesky
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Lakers will trade Bynum for Marc Gasol.

DazedAndConfused
05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
People are blowing the Laker's post season failures way out of proportion. They are not done competing by any means.

The trio of Gasol, Odom, and Bynum is still the best frontcourt in the NBA. Gasol had an off year, but physically he has not declined. For him, it was all mental. Odom had one of his best years ever, and Bynum is steadily improving and managing to actually stay healthy. I expect them to fully bounce back next season with renewed energy and vigor.

What people fail to understand is that 3-peating in the NBA is HARD. Making the Finals 4 times in a row is HARD. At some point you just don't have the energy, physical and mental, that it takes to get to the top of the mountain. The Lakers flat out ran out of gas and came up against a team that was hungrier than they were. They wanted to win this season, but they didn't want to fight. And that made all the difference against Dallas.

That being said, Dallas exposed some very obvious weaknesses in LAL. The PG situation has to be improved, they cannot roll with Fisher any longer. His goose is cooked. Perimeter defense was beyond abysmal with Fish, Ron, and Kobe. They need a fast and athletic PG that can keep up with the lightning quick PG's of the league. Outside shooting was also a major problem. The Lakers need to bring in some real shooters that can hit from outside with consistency. And Kobe needs a real backup, Shannon simply ain't cutting it. A guy like JR Smith would be ideal if he could be controlled.

Finally, and most importantly, they need to bring in a coach that's more defensive minded than Phil was. Shaw is simply too new and I don't trust him taking the reigns of a championship team. Rick Adelman is my #1 choice, he has always maximized the talent he's been given and I think given our roster he could do wonders. Plus, Ron loves him.

ElNono
05-11-2011, 12:24 AM
The new CBA will surely change the landscape out there... but if it's anything like the current one, I can see Denver going all out to have a marquee player again, and they have the assets to interest Orlando. Also, don't discount Dwight following the money to a lesser team with cap space like Toronto or Cleveland.

TheManFromAcme
05-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Experience just walked out the door with Phil. And that element sure showed in Gasol this post season

One thing we should all walk away from the Mavericks series with is how over blown the ''Lakers are talented'' talk was.
Kobe:8-10 player in league
Odom: Disappears in road games
Bynum: Always misses a third of season and is mentally fragile (Cheap shots)
Gasol: Nothing needed to be said
Artest: 8 & 3 guy

Where is all this Lakers talent?
Brown vs Barea.....who would you rather have?
- Blake, Barnes, Fisher all garbage

If the Lakers are talented what does that make the Mavericks? Dream Team??

i call bull on that statement. what your implying is that the laker team was/is only coachable with Phil. That's nuts! In case you haven't been paying attention, uh, other coaches have beaten Phil, much less the Lakers and have gone on to win championships.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here give you a chance to recant some of your comments here.

I give full 100% credit to Dallas for spanking that Laker ass and boy did they ever. They were the better team and exhibited pure heart and tenacity but to sit there and insist that dallas was the better team overall with it's personnel is, well, foolish.

i know "ifs" "ands" and "buts" in this game are futile but assuming that this Laker team had the focus and drive it had last year in the finals when all cylinders were in tune and no (alleged) internal B.S. was poisoning this group, I am more than confident that at the very least, this series becomes more competitive and I know you know that.

You (almost) sound like a hater on the Lakers not really sitting back and analyzing the whole enchilada. Lakers are still a superior team and a championship caliber team being only a good pg and slightly beefed up bench away from brining back the LOB to it's rightful place.