PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Next Year Upgrade SG

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
It's gonna be interesting cause Bulls don't need Boozer next year.

- Boozer
- Gibson
- Bogans
- Korver
- Brewer

If they didn't deal Asik for Courtney Lee, I doubt he's avaliable. So what can you package to get an upgrade at SG

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
they should sign jr smith

NewJerSpur
05-10-2011, 09:48 PM
they should sign jr smith

:nope

If JR Brick has problems co-existing with Geroge Karl, no way in hell he'd last a day with Thibs.

DPG21920
05-10-2011, 09:51 PM
If OJ Mayo is still on the market, he's a good gamble. They tried to trade him for Josh McRoberts, but his playoff run might have changed their minds.

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
If OJ Mayo is still on the market, he's a good gamble. They tried to trade him for Josh McRoberts, but his playoff run might have changed their minds.
Mayo is doing well with Grizz though, has hit some big shots

Bulls do have enough cap space to sign a legit SG, but a true shooting SG is a dying breed

Imagine Ray Allen on the Bulls. Celtics threw too much money at him this past off season though.

elemento
05-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Stephen Jackson

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
imagine if wade and bron had gone to the bulls.

dirk4mvp
05-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Mayo would be almost a perfect fit at SG for Chicago, imho. His ability to play some point would mesh well with Derek Allen Iverson Rose's game, tbh.

Kyle Orton
05-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Mayo if Memphis still wants him traded, or Rip if Detroit buys him out of his contract.

redzero
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
They should sign Marcus Thornton and unretire 23.

hitmanyr2k
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
imagine if wade and bron had gone to the bulls.

Lebron would have killed Rose's game and development. Wade and Rose together wouldn't be fair to the league.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Derrick Rose is not a winner, it doesn't matter who they acquire..he had his chance to be potentially guaranteed a title, all he had to do was beg Lebron, throw his hat in the mix, but he refused:lol:lol..

:lol gangbanger..
:lol Allen Iverson 2.0..

Ace
05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Doubt after their recent success Grizz let Mayo go.

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, rose isn't a winner.

like how he didnt win mvp

NewJerSpur
05-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Lebron would have killed Rose's game and development. Wade and Rose together wouldn't be fair to the league.

But he would've taught Rose the coveted "Crab dribble" and newly invented "Crab shuffle" that has swept the nation. Too bad Wade was never serious about going back home.

Kyle Orton
05-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Derrick Rose is not a winner, it doesn't matter who they acquire..he had his chance to be potentially guaranteed a title, all he had to do was beg Lebron, throw his hat in the mix, but he refused:lol:lol..

:lol gangbanger..
:lol Allen Iverson 2.0..

:lol needed to cheat on the SATs

hitmanyr2k
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM
But he would've taught Rose the coveted "Crab dribble" and newly invented "Crab shuffle" that has swept the nation. Too bad Wade was never serious about going back home.

You mean Lebron's patented 4-step-switch-the-pivot-foot travel on a layup that he pulled on Boston late in Game 4? :lol Man, I can't believe the refs are still letting that shit go.

Booharv
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Chicago did go very hard after Mayo during the season. But Heisley has a home in the Chicago area and sources say he is very hesitant to have it appear like he lost a trade to the Bulls. He has some weird issue with them reportedly. Chi offered him two firsts (one from another team which would have been a mid first rounder iirc), a second, and Ronnie Brewer for Mayo and he turned that down but went for one first and Josh McRoberts from Indiana.

rayjayjohnson
05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, the same one Paul pierce used in the same game

NewJerSpur
05-10-2011, 10:29 PM
You mean Lebron's patented 4-step-switch-the-pivot-foot travel on a layup that he pulled on Boston late in Game 4? :lol Man, I can't believe the refs are still letting that shit go.

Yup, that's the latest one in LeBron's "arsenal"......don't forget the armbar propulsion/hook/pushoff that makes him that much faster and makes the guy defending him look that much more pedestrian.

I remember when ABC ran a commercial during the playoffs with him a few years ago where he was clearly traveling on a breakaway dunk, and they ran it IN SLOW MOTION. That guy is on another level no one else can even come close to touching.

HarlemHeat37
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, rose isn't a winner.

like how he didnt win mvp

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Wv111D5r7aw/SxGqIPkYrwI/AAAAAAAAA1c/z6Ul__Ts-2c/s1600/iverson+mvp+trophy.jpg

NewcastleKEG
05-10-2011, 11:37 PM
What's with all the shots on Iverson?

Yes Rose is the most electric player since Iverson (Not Kobe). Glory days of 76er basketball was with Iverson n a bunch of stiffs

DMC
05-10-2011, 11:38 PM
People who don't remember watching a young Iverson have no idea how totally dominant he was.

Capt. Obvious
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Doubt after their recent success Grizz let Mayo go.
How much money does Memphis have left after giving out new contracts to Z-Bo, Gay, and Conley? I doubt they have enough money to keep Gasol and Mayo happy as well. Of course, the Memphis owner apparently hates the Bulls so if Mayo gets traded it's unlikely he goes to Chicago unless the Grizzlies just wait and lose him in free agency.

NewcastleKEG
05-11-2011, 12:05 AM
People who don't remember watching a young Iverson have no idea how totally dominant he was.
Best defensive PG since??? Magic?

Josepatches_
05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
:lol:lol

Wade would have killled his game the same.

Both (Wade/Bron) need the ball in his hands exactly the same but they aren't killing their games tbh.At least their numbers were better than Rose's ones in RS.

About the hate on the best player of the league.Your team will have a chance to defeate him.Let's see what happens and let's see what is or isn't fair to the league.

Venti Quattro
05-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Kob... oh shit no

Josepatches_
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM

He really was.He could drop 40 every night.Today Rose isn't better than Iverson was .He had :downspin:more talent than Iverson had around him.Let's see.

JamStone
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Bulls do have enough cap space to sign a legit SG, but a true shooting SG is a dying breed

I don't believe they do.

Anyway, someone that might interest Chicago is Jason Richardson. 30 years old and still has some game, still can shoot, and defends decently. Older now and made some big money in the league so he might be had for an MLE type salary contract. Knows he's not a superstar (at least I hope he does) and is mostly a spot up shooter who doesn't need the ball in his hands a lot so I don't think he'd interfere with Rose's game as much as some other 2-guards might playing alongside Rose. J-Rich is kind of stupid, but he's not batshit crazy like JR Smith. I think he would fit nicely on that Bulls team.

The question is whether he will take a big paycut or is there a team that still might offer him a pretty sizable contract? If he's affordable, he might be a nice options for the Bulls.

JamStone
05-11-2011, 12:18 AM

The one player in the early 2000s who I would pay big money for tickets to watch live. Unbelievable talent. The things he was able to do at his size and for someone who didn't even really work out were incredible.

I've had a few favorite NBA players in my lifetime. Guys like Isiah, Iverson, Kobe, pre-Celtics KG, Ginobili. All of them have something in common. They were/are the ultimate competitors on the basketball. You could fault each of them for a number of things on and off the court. But you could not question their desire to win and intensity to compete (second half of game 7 against Phoenix notwithstanding for Kobe). Love to watch players with reckless abandon and hustle. Truly something I loved about Iverson and his game.

picc84
05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
People consistently use Iverson to insult Rose, as if early decade AI wasn't one of the best players in the league.

Muser
05-11-2011, 09:30 AM
They need to upgrade at PF first.

sefant77
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Gerald Green, HUGE talent

sefant77
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
People consistently use Iverson to insult Rose, as if early decade AI wasn't one of the best players in the league.

~40% and below is never one of the best players in the league

Overrated inefficient chucker

NewcastleKEG
05-11-2011, 05:18 PM
~40% and below is never one of the best players in the league

Overrated inefficient chucker
2001 Sixers. In my years of watching sports, without a doubt the least talented team I've ever seen make a championship game

PG: Eric Snow
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Aaron McKie
PF: Theo Ratliff
C: Tyrone Hill

They won 56 games. . . .