PDA

View Full Version : paul millsap

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-11-2011, 11:33 AM
The jazz are in rebuild mode and since they have Favors on a contract at half the price, Al jefferson, and have 2 lottery picks in the draft i think they would be willing to trade Millsap for a package of players. Blair, Bonner, Mcdyess and maybe a future draft pick if needed. Out of all the pipe dreams posted on here this seems possible.

TimmehC
05-11-2011, 11:47 AM
pass.

coachmac87
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I think heawqqowqq could fit next to Timmy...he is undersized but still grabs rebounds and cab actually score the ball. He has a solid mid range game, and he will finish at the rim. I can see him easily averaging 14 and 8.

Warlord23
05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Better than Blair/Bonner/Dice, but definitely not the missing piece for this team. He's not big enough to protect the rim or guard Gasol/ZBo/Bynum type bigs one on one, which is what we sorely need.

Calispursfan11
05-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Millsap = Blair + half an inch and outside jumper. Meh...

peacemaker885
05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
If he's in to replace Dick, I would go for it.

Muser
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Millsap = Blair + half an inch and outside jumper. Meh...

+ much better in every area.

spurtech09
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
If he's in to replace Dick, I would go for it.
agree:toast

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM
i see we are 50/50 on the idea. im not really looking for millsap to fix all of our problems but we would get a reliable scoring big that can stretch the D & at the same time we get rid of bonner.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Better than Blair/Bonner/Dice, but definitely not the missing piece for this team. He's not big enough to protect the rim or guard Gasol/ZBo/Bynum type bigs one on one, which is what we sorely need.

if defensive bigs like Ibaka and perkins cant guard zbo then i dont know who can.

ChuckD
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd rather have Al Jefferson.

ChuckD
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Spurs need to go after Josh Smith, hes a perfect fit. If they can grab him, bring in Richards, Splitter improves and adds 10 pounds, and we draft well we could be in it next year.

Smith is an idiot. While he would shore up the defense, that would be offset by him destroying the offense by jacking N number of long twos every game, especially when contested.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Spurs need to go after Josh Smith, hes a perfect fit. If they can grab him, bring in Richards, Splitter improves and adds 10 pounds, and we draft well we could be in it next year.

like howard and pau, smith is out of our reach. dont think we can come up with any type of package that would attract the hawks. unless we can package jefferson for marvin williams.

Hawks get: Blair, Bonner, Mcdyess, jefferson, draft pick or 2( if needed)
Spurs get: Smith & Williams.

spurs then can focus on trying to get Nene and then we can have the brazilian towers coming off the bench

Spurs da champs
05-11-2011, 11:31 PM
He can play small forward pretty decent.

TJastal
05-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Jefferson for Smith straight up. Do it, RC!

TJastal
05-12-2011, 07:51 AM
like howard and pau, smith is out of our reach. dont think we can come up with any type of package that would attract the hawks. unless we can package jefferson for marvin williams.

spurs then can focus on trying to get Nene and then we can have the brazilian towers coming off the bench

:lmao

Obstructed_View
05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Bonner and Dice for Milsap. Make it so.

JR3
05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I like the guy, but we don't need an undersized big. We are in need of a long big. It may be a great option if we just can't find a bigger big.

JR3
05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
afterall, he is much bigger than blair.

Mal
05-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Do you even know how trades work ? Both team should agree on terms, that`s how it`s works

elemento
05-12-2011, 03:13 PM
afterall, he is much bigger than blair.

No he is not. He is only 1 inch taller than Blair. Blair beats him in wingspan and vertical reach, so id say its pretty even .

coachmac87
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
If we can somehow replace him with Bonner and Blair so be it...The guy can score, I believe he dropped 40 this past season. I also remember him being a fit for the Lakers in the playoffs a year ago. He is a strong rebounder for his size and unlike Blair he can finish at the basket at a high rate.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Do you even know how trades work ? Both team should agree on terms, that`s how it`s works

all of you can look up my trade on the trade machine and will show that the trade works. hope all of you do. gets annoying how everyone on here thinks they know everything. we all know bonner, blair, and jefferson are not going anywhere this offseason. like i posted at the beginning of the thread. "pipe dream". dont know why im being attacked when people are trying to packaging the same players for howard and gasol.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 08:29 AM
The comparisons to Blair are spot on. The Spurs need size, not another 6'8" guy.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-13-2011, 12:48 PM
The comparisons to Blair are spot on. The Spurs need size, not another 6'8" guy.

hes compared to blair but hes way more skilled. he has a solid jumper, better rebound, & can finish at the rim. hes a realistic trade option. not to many teams willing to give up size. he would give our froncourt a huge boost with a big that can score, we get rid of bonner, and splitter gets the minutes he desereves. only way we really get size is gonna be thru free agency with nene or perkins or chandler.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 12:59 PM
hes compared to blair but hes way more skilled. he has a solid jumper, better rebound, & can finish at the rim. hes a realistic trade option. not to many teams willing to give up size. he would give our froncourt a huge boost with a big that can score, we get rid of bonner, and splitter gets the minutes he desereves. only way we really get size is gonna be thru free agency with nene or perkins or chandler.

You're saying you'd rather have Millsap than Nene? lol

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
You're saying you'd rather have Millsap than Nene? lol

no but i would rather have millsap than bonner. can you agree with me on that & Nene is a free agent. possible to sign him if hes willing to take less money by offering him the full MLE.

tim_duncan_fan
05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
He can play small forward pretty decent.

I fucking love Paul Millsap, especially at SF.

He'll hit more clutch threes in one season with us than RJ and Bonner have in their entire careers.

Proxy
05-13-2011, 08:44 PM

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree that we need size, but many of you are vastly underrating Millsap. Guy is a balla. If you can trade some combination of Blair/Bonner/Dice for him you do it without thinking. Duncan/Splitter/Millsap/long young athlete (Ibaka type - from draft I guess) looks like a nice frontcourt to me.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-13-2011, 11:12 PM
no but i would rather have millsap than bonner. can you agree with me on that & Nene is a free agent. possible to sign him if hes willing to take less money by offering him the full MLE.

You're dreaming. Nene will get 10mil+. No way he settles for the MLE.

Cessation
05-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm sure jazz could get better players for milsap than scrubs like bonner, blair, and jefferson. We'd need a gm on the level of isiah thomas to get rid of these clowns.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-14-2011, 01:20 PM
You're dreaming. Nene will get 10mil+. No way he settles for the MLE.

you never know. if he wants a ring thats what he will have to settle for because pretty much all contenders are way over salary cap and we dont know what will happen with the new CBA. plus we have his national team teammate splitter. maybe he would want to play next to him like scola wanted to play next to manu.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-14-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm sure jazz could get better players for milsap than scrubs like bonner, blair, and jefferson. We'd need a gm on the level of isiah thomas to get rid of these clowns.

thats why we really need to target the Bobcats. maybe we can get Sjax or tyrus thomas. if there plan is to target CP3 then maybe we can convince them that they need a slasher like RJ or a shooter like bonner.

ChuckD
05-14-2011, 04:56 PM
you never know. if he wants a ring thats what he will have to settle for because pretty much all contenders are way over salary cap and we dont know what will happen with the new CBA. plus we have his national team teammate splitter. maybe he would want to play next to him like scola wanted to play next to manu.

Players only sign for peanuts to ring chase when they are well past 30, no matter what they say. Nene is in his prime. He won't sign cheap for anyone.

G-Dawgg
05-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Millsap can't be judged by his size. He's proven in this league that his height is not an issue for him. He plays much larger than he is. He maybe isn't
the rim protector that most would like but he is so good scoring inside, rebounding and making hustle plays and working hard on defense. He's an excellent combination of strenth, mobility, and has some nice offensive skills.

I'd like him on this team, he's exactly the type of player that the Spurs organization looks for too as far as character, effort, defense IQ etc

Hooks
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't give a fuck if he's undersized, he is a beast! If the Spurs could get Millsap and W. Chandler they'd contenders once again.

DMC
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Over Jefferson, sure. Otherwise he's a couple of lucky games and too many minutes away from a slightly improved Blair.

joshdaboss
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Over Jefferson, sure. Otherwise he's a couple of lucky games and too many minutes away from a slightly improved Blair.

I hope you're talking about Richard, because Al is twice the player Millsap is.

G-Dawgg
05-14-2011, 06:12 PM

Blair can only wish he was Millsap... Millsap actually has offensive skills. Blair is just an effort/garbage guy...

20beastie45
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM

+1 it's unlikely that Utah will make moves to trade Al Jefferson. But hey, we can wish

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/RaRaRaYebo/Screenshot2011-05-14at83214PM.png

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/RaRaRaYebo/Screenshot2011-05-14at83320PM.png

DMC
05-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I hope you're talking about Richard, because Al is twice the player Millsap is.
Yes, Dicky J. Al would be great on the Spurs.