PDA

View Full Version : If Heat win this year

InRareForm
05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
and there is no lockout. Heat will be getting another MLE to improve the roster... Who will they get?

What team will have a chance to beat them with summer offseason moves?

I see Lebron getting 3 rings in 5 years.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Dalembert and the Heat have a wink-wink agreement, according to my sources, tbh..

Mavs have a chance to beat them in the Finals, this year, if they get there, but probably not after this year..

Celtics, Lakers and Spurs are done, with very virtually no championship potential next year..

Memphis is a cute story, but this is their peak..

OKC and Chicago are probably the only 2 teams that will be able to beat them next year, but both teams will have to make some moves..players like Rose and Westbrook generally won't win you a title..

Josepatches_
05-11-2011, 10:19 PM
They should trade Mike Miller if someone wants him so they would have more cap space

Ghazi
05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm scared of this Heat team :(

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
You were also wrong about them, Ghazi.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2011, 10:23 PM
They should trade Mike Miller if someone wants him so they would have more cap space

He has no value right now..they're better off waiting until his thumb is healthy, he shouldn't have any trouble getting back to the 43-45% 3-point shooting range..

Ghazi
05-11-2011, 10:24 PM
You were also wrong about them, Ghazi.

no I wasn't

but you were WRONG BOUT DEM MAVERICKS :)

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
no I wasn't

Yes you were IIRC.

Kyle Orton
05-11-2011, 10:26 PM
If Wade and Lebron can will this extremely flawed roster with terrible chemistry to a title, it means they're winning the next 5 titles in more dominant fashion once Miller's finger gets healthy, Haslem comes back, they use their MLE on a center, and they have a full training camp and even more time to learn how to play with each other. Sucks for us Heat haters, but it's the reality.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2011, 10:28 PM
If Wade and Lebron can will this extremely flawed roster with terrible chemistry to a title, it means they're winning the next 5 titles in more dominant fashion once Miller's finger gets healthy, Haslem comes back, they use their MLE on a center, and they have a full training camp and even more time to learn how to play with each other. Sucks for us Heat haters, but it's the reality.

:lol Heat have no go-to guy..

Sean Cagney

SCARY as HELL.........

Kyle Orton
:lol Heat have no go-to guy..

I never said that...

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I never said that...

I know, but you know who did say it:lol..

:lol Hitman
:lol classy Bulls fan
:lol Derrick Rose is the best, classiest closer in the league

Kyle Orton
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
:lol "I'm a Scottie Pippen fan so people will think I have great basketball knowledge!"

J_Paco
05-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Michael Jordan (but two inches shorter and less talented) and Magic Johnson (in Karl Malone's body with Julius Erving's athleticism) sounds scary as shit to me too.

:wow:wow:wow

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:32 PM
no I wasn't

Fine defensive team. Celtics/Heat will be an epic ECF. I'd pick the Celtics but wouldn't be surprised either way.

Vanilla ecstasy :)

Well, well, well, you tried to send ol' DPG to that tree on his own, but he said "shhhhhh", you're coming with me. You were WRONG BOUT DEM HEAT and I didn't forget it.

Ghazi
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
pfft

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
It doesn't get anymore wrong than picking the Celtics over the Heat when the Heat beat them, especially 4-1. :lol

If you're not wrong, I'm not wrong. CHOOSE. I said the Mavs won't win a title, so I'm not wrong yet :)

djohn2oo8
05-11-2011, 10:39 PM

DAF86
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Michael Jordan (but two inches shorter and less talented) and Magic Johnson (in Karl Malone's body with Julius Erving's athleticism) sounds scary as shit to me too.

:wow:wow:wow

You might as well have said: John Stockton (but taller and darker with less passing and more scoring) and Barry Bonds (in a basketball player body with slighty less ehancing drugs taken). :lol

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Ghazi's ass is off to that infamous tree all of the sudden. He picked theCELTS.

Kyle Orton
05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
PG: Chamlers/Shelvin Mack or another PG available at pick 33
SG: Wade/Mike Miller
SF: Lebron/Mike Miller
PF: Bosh/Haslem
C: Dalembert/Anthony

Does anyone see this team losing when the star players are all in their prime and are now comfortable playing with each other? I sure as hell don't.

DPG21920
05-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Not really. Especially if they add a little more explosiveness to their bench (maybe a Thornton or something).

DAF86
05-11-2011, 10:50 PM
PG: Chamlers/Shelvin Mack or another PG available at pick 33
SG: Wade/Mike Miller
SF: Lebron/Mike Miller
PF: Bosh/Haslem
C: Dalembert/Anthony

Does anyone see this team losing when the star players are all in their prime and are now comfortable playing with each other? I sure as hell don't.

You can't get Jones out of the rotation after the way he stepped up for them this season. If the Heat can't get a good PG I would just rotate Chalmers, Wade, James, Miller and Jones in the PG/SG/SF positions.

Kyle Orton
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm not taking him outa the rotation, he's a free agent after the season and I think he's gonna cash in on the season he had. Chalmers is also a free agent but he's been so inconsistent this year Miami might keep him.

I think if they somehow got Shelvin Mack, he'd be the perfect PG for them. High bball IQ, great spot up shooter, and never tries to do too much.

Hoops Czar
Dalembert and the Heat have a wink-wink agreement, according to my sources, tbh..

I hope the source isn't your social studies teacher or the guy in the back alley. I think someone has Heat ecstasy.

Celtics, Lakers and Spurs are done, with very virtually no championship potential next year..

Do you have insider information or is this just a hunch?

J_Paco
You might as well have said: John Stockton (but taller and darker with less passing and more scoring) and Barry Bonds (in a basketball player body with slighty less ehancing drugs taken). :lol

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

I'm pretty sure most people agree that Wade's game is similar to a young-Jordan, he just isn't as talented (Duh!). While the Barry Bonds stuff is a bunch of bullshit. LeBron isn't as ridiculously jacked as Bonds, Karl Malone or even Dwight Howard. But, his measurements are nearly identical to Malone. Nice try, though.

DAF86
05-11-2011, 10:55 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

I'm pretty sure most people agree that Wade's game is similar to a young-Jordan, he just isn't as talented (Duh!). While the Barry Bonds stuff is a bunch of bullshit. LeBron isn't as ridiculously jacked as Bonds, Karl Malone or even Dwight Howard. But, his measurements are nearly identical to Malone. Nice try, though.

Don't get mad, I just found funny your comparissons with so many "buts" :lol

HarlemHo 37
05-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I hope the source isn't your social studies teacher or the guy in the back alley. I think someone has Heat ecstasy.

It's Lebron, tbh...

DJ Mbenga
05-11-2011, 11:10 PM
there is about a 99.9% chance there will be a lockout

Hoops Czar
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM
there is about a 99.9% chance there will be a lockout

BUT, there will be season.

daspurs
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not taking him outa the rotation, he's a free agent after the season and I think he's gonna cash in on the season he had. Chalmers is also a free agent but he's been so inconsistent this year Miami might keep him.

I think if they somehow got Shelvin Mack, he'd be the perfect PG for them. High bball IQ, great spot up shooter, and never tries to do too much.

Hell no hes a hometown kid, and my dad has spoken to him a few times about that too . Hes staying here.

Amaso
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
The main thing that will stop them is either Lakers getting Dwight Howard for a reasonable price or one of their big 3 getting injured for the playoffs. Other than that, I can expect a couple of championships out of that core.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
The problem with the Lakers is that Howard wouldn't have a legit go-to guy on the perimeter..Shannon Brown is not good enough, Fish is too old..

Amaso
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
The problem with the Lakers is that Howard wouldn't have a legit go-to guy on the perimeter..Shannon Brown is not good enough, Fish is too old..

I see what you did there...

Ghazi
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM

:lol

TampaDude
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
The Heat will likely win the title this year, and they're only going to get better over the next few years. That is a scary thought indeed for the rest of the NBA. I expect LeBron to have at least 3 rings when all is said and done.

Giuseppe
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
The Heat will likely win the title this year, and they're only going to get better over the next few years. That is a scary thought indeed for the rest of the NBA. I expect LeBron to have at least 3 rings when all is said and done.

That would put him at least 2 behind Kobe.

I could live with that.

Kyle Orton
05-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Why do Lakers fans assume Orlando would be so willing to work out a sign and trade with LA? They could very well do what Cleveland did with Lebron and refuse to work out a sign and trade with any team that doesn't have the cap room to get Howard on its own.

TampaDude
05-12-2011, 12:01 AM
That would put him at least 2 behind Kobe.

I could live with that.

AT LEAST 3, dude...and Kobe is locked at 5 forever...so you never know...

Giuseppe
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
AT LEAST 3, dude...and Kobe is locked at 5 forever...so you never know...

And Kobe will have AT LEAST 5.

TampaDude
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
And Kobe will have AT LEAST 5.

No...at MOST 5. :lol

Giuseppe
05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
No...at MOST 5. :lol

I remember when everybody said he'd never get another one after 3.

He made every one of those fucks sorry. & I bore witness.

TampaDude
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I remember when everybody said he'd never get another one after 3.

He made every one of those fucks sorry. & I bore witness.

You also bore witness to 36. :lol

Baseline
05-12-2011, 03:52 AM
LeBron and Wade actually pass the ball. Miami will be Destination #1 for every free agent they desire for at least the next five years.

Why would anybody, including Dwight Howard, choose to play with Kobe Bryant? Bryant has never seen a shot he didn't like. Yet he's never seen a teammate he likes. And most definitely, his teammates hate his guts.

narmerguy
05-12-2011, 05:34 AM
LeBron and Wade actually pass the ball. Miami will be Destination #1 for every free agent they desire for at least the next five years.

Why would anybody, including Dwight Howard, choose to play with Kobe Bryant? Bryant has never seen a shot he didn't like. Yet he's never seen a teammate he likes. And most definitely, his teammates hate his guts.

Maybe his teammate wants a divorce from his wife or something.

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 05:38 AM
....Celtics and Spurs only are done, with very virtually no championship potential next year..

fix it for ya

Lakers are FAR from done and you know it

Muser
05-12-2011, 06:09 AM
They are done unless they get a huge overhaul. If JJ fucking Barea can get into the paint at will then Wade/LeBron would massacre L.A.

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 06:14 AM
They are done unless they get a huge overhaul. If JJ fucking Barea can get into the paint at will then Wade/LeBron would massacre L.A.

getting a good pg is not a huge/major overhaul because that's all they need. that front line is still the best in the league. again, writing off a team that is 11 months displaced from a championship is silly.

pau is a puss but will get his act straight
drew is a inmature boy who will mature this off season
Kobe is kobe, on the decline but more than just serviceable

Laker FO will make some good moves this off season. not to worry.

Giuseppe
05-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Testify Brother Acme. Testify!

Bill_Brasky
05-12-2011, 10:01 AM
getting a good pg is not a huge/major overhaul because that's all they need. that front line is still the best in the league. again, writing off a team that is 11 months displaced from a championship is silly.

pau is a puss but will get his act straight
drew is a inmature boy who will mature this off season
Kobe is kobe, on the decline but more than just serviceable

Laker FO will make some good moves this off season. not to worry.

Nope. Lakers gonna suck again next year and if they somehow miraculously got to the finals, the heat would mash the fuck out of em.

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Nope. Lakers gonna suck again next year and if they somehow miraculously got to the finals, the heat would mash the fuck out of em.

...with a 30 year old wade? once his master is in decline, bron will be left all alone and we all know what that means.

:lol

Laker front office, light years ahead of Miami front office even with Riles in there. precise needs will be met.

you put way to much credence with your boys in south beach.

don't get me wrong, they are good but to put them out into the stratosphere is goofy

Kyle Orton
05-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Wade's age is a little deceptive given how little mileage he has compared to other 29-30 year olds. Didn't start in the NBA till age 22 and has several injury shortened seasons. While athleticism is a very large part of his game, it's not completely dependent on athleticism the way Lebron's is, and playing on a team where he can take a night off here and there will only help him age less. He has at the very least 2-3 years left at the level he's playing at, and several years after that where he'll still be really good.

Kyle Orton
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Laker front office, light years ahead of Miami front office even with Riles in there. precise needs will be met.

After an offseason of Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, Ratliff, resigning Shannon Brown and Derek Fish as meeting precise needs, are you that confident LA's front office is any good at making off season tweeks sans when an MLE bargain like Artest falls into their lap?

Yeah, they have tons of talent at the top (a lot of which he inherited), but Mitch doesn't have the best track record when it comes to using things like the MLE to add the right role players (Radmanovic, Vujacic, Blake, etc.).

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 10:34 AM
After an offseason of Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, Ratliff, resigning Shannon Brown and Derek Fish as meeting precise needs, are you that confident LA's front office is any good at making off season tweeks sans when an MLE bargain like Artest falls into their lap?

Yeah, they have tons of talent at the top (a lot of which he inherited), but Mitch doesn't have the best track record when it comes to using things like the MLE to add the right role players (Radmanovic, Vujacic, Blake, etc.).

Huh?

Mitch ultimately delievered LOB's in '09 and '10, that's all that needs to be said regarding that. Fisher was just as slow last year as in '09.

heavy underestimating going on here.

Kyle Orton
05-12-2011, 10:41 AM
C'mon Acme I know you're smarter than that, you bolded a line out of context. I was specifically talking about the MLE which is basically what LA has to work with this off season regarding adjustments. Do you think Kupchak has done an overall good job in recent years utilizing the MLE?

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 12:04 PM
C'mon Acme I know you're smarter than that, you bolded a line out of context. I was specifically talking about the MLE which is basically what LA has to work with this off season regarding adjustments. Do you think Kupchak has done an overall good job in recent years utilizing the MLE?

I think he's done enough considering what's been available. He took the reigns over from logo in 2000 and has managed to produce 2 championships. That in itself is stellar when you also consider the debacle that occurred when the team was gutted right after 2004. Recent MLE transactions? Again, not bad considering.

Look, I don't get into the inner-workings of MLE's. All I know is that if any franchise is capable of improvising what and what not the league allows, it's the Lakers

NewcastleKEG
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I think he's done enough considering what's been available. He took the reigns over from logo in 2000 and has managed to produce 2 championships. That in itself is stellar when you also consider the debacle that occurred when the team was gutted right after 2004. Recent MLE transactions? Again, not bad considering.

Look, I don't get into the inner-workings of MLE's. All I know is that if any franchise is capable of improvising what and what not the league allows, it's the Lakers
Let's be honest, without the ridiculous Gasol trade it's 0 titles

Atleast a third of the teams in this league would have made the Finals if they added a Gasol

TheManFromAcme
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Let's be honest, without the ridiculous Gasol trade it's 0 titles

Atleast a third of the teams in this league would have made the Finals if they added a Gasol

why wont you factor:

- chemistry (not counting this year of course)
- other talent on the team
- coaching
- ownership

Getting Gasol didn't guarantee a championship. Nothing is ever guaranteed.
Look at the fully-loaded, super-re-tooled Laker team in '04. People complained about those transactions and look what happened.....Lakers fell flat on their face

Mitch has done a great job in my opinion and is still the best G.M. in the league if not top 3 (I have lots of respect for R.C. Buford there at Spurs central).

DMC
05-12-2011, 06:14 PM
McDyess... maybe?