PDA

View Full Version : Parker for Bynum?

Fabbs
05-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Is it really gonna get any better for either team tradewise?

Of course LA can rely on it's long tradition of collusion and ref rigging. Bynum for Dwight Howard or somesuch. But let's say shock ensues and the Lakers attempts (if any) to trade Bynum are done fairly. (I know, just suppose).

Publicity whore Magic claims a trade is in the offing.

I'd do Parker for Bynum in a second. Yes he's a bitch, Laker style, but then what are the current 2008- Greg Pop Spurs if not bitches? Freakin Dick Jefferson and Bonner as the SF/PF combo. Pop has driven the Spurs to joke status so why not blow it up?

"I'm not Peter Holt", "Poops coatailed to 4 titles" blah blah blah.

I'm just asking if you would do this trade if you had the power.

TJastal
05-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Bynum would still ride the pine behind Bonner

TD21-FTW
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Trade without Bonner or RJ in is stupid!

venitian navigator
05-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd do that only if the f.o. decide we are in a rebuilding mode...and they realizae they have the chance to make other trades.

Parker (plus Green or 2^ ch.) for Bynum + Ebanks (so he could jopin his old teammate Butler)

Gino + Dice contract for Iguodala + Speighs

Jefferson + Bonner for M. Williams + Pachulia

then we draft a play maker with our 29 draft choice or we take one via f.a.

Leetonidas
05-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Ginobili is not going to be traded. Parker might be but I seriously doubt it.

But I would definitely trade Parker for Bynum. Dude is a beast when healthy and was after he came back from his injury this season.

TwelveGs210
05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
So now we can transition our playoff hopes from relying on Manu's ankles, to Bynum's knee? Pass.

cheguevara
05-12-2011, 10:24 AM
that will never happen. next.

romain.star
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Ginobili is not going to be traded. Parker might be but I seriously doubt it.

But I would definitely trade Parker for Bynum. Dude is a beast when healthy and was after he came back from his injury this season.

:rolleyes

lefty
05-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm down

DO it, R.C and Mitch

Mugen
05-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm down if the fakers take RJ off our hands as well.

I'd do a Parker/RJ for Bynum/Artest swap with some fillers from LA.

My only hesitation would be the thought of George running the point :lol

Chomag
05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I would much rather Parker for Odom but I'm not sure how that would work either. Parker is a better player then Bynum and Bynum can't shoot the 3 so he would just be Bonner's back up anyway. Seriously though giving up TP for an often injured player sounds to be to much of a gamble and Spurs could do much better then this if they really wanted to trade Parker.

yavozerb
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Is it really gonna get any better for either team tradewise?

Of course LA can rely on it's long tradition of collusion and ref rigging. Bynum for Dwight Howard or somesuch. But let's say shock ensues and the Lakers attempts (if any) to trade Bynum are done fairly. (I know, just suppose).

Publicity whore Magic claims a trade is in the offing.

I'd do Parker for Bynum in a second. Yes he's a bitch, Laker style, but then what are the current 2008- Greg Pop Spurs if not bitches? Freakin Dick Jefferson and Bonner as the SF/PF combo. Pop has driven the Spurs to joke status so why not blow it up?

"I'm not Peter Holt", "Poops coatailed to 4 titles" blah blah blah.

I'm just asking if you would do this trade if you had the power.

Great thread...:rolleyes

K-State Spur
05-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Some team will probably overpay for Bynum. Tremendous young talent - but the list of guys who have dealt with his injury list by the age of 23, then suddenly stayed healthy for long productive careers is extremely short.

Fabbs
05-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm down if the fakers take RJ off our hands as well.

I'd do a Parker/RJ for Bynum/Artest swap with some fillers from LA.

My only hesitation would be the thought of George running the point :lol
Yeah who wouldn't if the Lakers would include Soft Dick for Artest.
Not going to happen.

Fabbs
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Seriously though giving up TP for an often injured player sounds to be to much of a gamble and Spurs could do much better then this if they really wanted to trade Parker.
I may take Odom for Parker too but...

Back to the Bynum for Parker. What player(s) do you think the Spurs could do much better? What other team is gonna offer better then Bynum?

rascal
05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
odom doesn't have much productive time left.
I would not trade Parker for either Bynum or Odom.

Hill cannot be the pg so that would leave a whole at starting pg.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I think a major dilemma is whether or not the FO thinks they have one more run left.

Do they trade Parker for an impact player who may only stick around a year or two?

OR

Do they trade Parker for two or three pieces that are part of a long term rebuilding play?

silverblk mystix
05-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Bynum will never have a complete healthy season...and I hate that cocksmoker.

If Parker were to be traded...I would hope that the spurs stipulate that Bonner would HAVE to be included.

Sportcamper
05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Parker is not athletic enough to play PG for the Lakers…It would never happen….

pookenstein
05-12-2011, 02:30 PM
If that were to happen, Bynum would have to sit out the first 5 games because of the Barea foul. In these 5 games Bonner would probably make 35 of 36 threes and Pop would just sit Bynum and play Bonner 30minutes a night...

The Lakers on the other hand would get the quick PG they need and find a way to fill the hole Bynum left with M. Gasol.

Budkin
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
I hate Bynum... not Spur material.

Ross Parrot
05-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I hate Bynum... not Spur material.

Yeah, that Barea foul was too much even after the fact that Barea killed the Spurs in 09'.

lowdown
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Would not want Bynum. Would not want to trade Parker - even though he did a disappering act in most of the games in the playoff. I hope they trade their 1st pick and RJ (or Bonner, I know not likely) and move up a few picks. Include a 2nd, whatever. Get rid of the dude.

bigfan
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Bynum is a grade "A" shitbird and Id rather we do without his "talents".

05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
bynum would be a pretty good gamble for the future. some spur fans are pretty blind. bynum's potential is off the charts. he's already a good shot blocker, great rebounder, pretty agile considering his size, and has a very good fundamental understanding of working the low post. the kicker is that he's only 23. bynum's contract isn't that bad either since he'll have a team option in 2012 i believe. if he continues to be injured next year, the spurs can just cut him or trade him to a team that wants cap space. i would insist that the lakers take bonner's contract as well though.

TheSpurglar
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Can we then turn around and trade Bynum for Dwight Howard like the Lakers are going to do?

FkLA
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
In a heartbeat. He's only 22, towers over just about everyone in the league and has a solid post game. Ive been suggesting this since the 09-10 season tbh. Do it RC.

Josepatches_
05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
TP+RJ for Bynum+Odom

Do it.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, Bynum does have larger breasts than Eva.

ATXSPUR
05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
At this point I think we could have Hakeem circa 1994 and Pop would still play Bonner in front of him.

Spursnlego
05-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Neither is Fish IMO.

BlackSwordsMan
05-12-2011, 08:25 PM
yeah like lakers need another shannon brown on their team

fotan2
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
millsap is good on defense, is almost as good as chuck hayes. thats my only impress about this player.

ATXSPUR
05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
TP+RJ for Bynum+Odom

Do it.

Lakers would be stupid to do that trade.

DMC
05-12-2011, 11:43 PM
No. We don't wholesale our team as a kneejerk reaction. It's hard to build a playoff team. Blowing one up in hopes of building another one is absurd. I would understand if we were in the luxury tax, but we aren't. We are fine. Splitter will be active next year and will change the look of the team considerably.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 08:23 AM
lol @ people thinking they would not only accept this deal, but take Jefferson's contract AND give up Odom too. WTF?

That said, I'd give Parker and draft picks for Bynum. Then I'd use the MLE to get Dragic or Brooks. Prefer Dragic because Brooks is a defensive liability, just like Parker is. Use the rest of the MLE/LLE to try to lure Pietrus and then call it a day.

C - Bynum 7'1"
PF - Duncan 6'11"
SF - Jefferson 6'7"
SG - Ginobili 6'6"
PG - Dragic 6'4"

That's a combination of size, athleticism and skill that would be unmatched from the rest of the league, outside of Miami. Then you bring a talented big guy like Splitter and the versatility of Hill off of the bench. You have the scrappy garbage player in Blair to take spot minutes and make things happen, and you have Neal and Bonner as the 3 point assassins. You also have a lockdown defender in Pietrus, who is capable of guarding a LeBron or Kobe. It's far-fetched, but if it happened, I think it would be a ring. I see no reason why it wouldn't be. Nobody in the league could match that size.

ATXSPUR
05-13-2011, 08:53 AM
lol @ people thinking they would not only accept this deal, but take Jefferson's contract AND give up Odom too. WTF?

That said, I'd give Parker and draft picks for Bynum. Then I'd use the MLE to get Dragic or Brooks. Prefer Dragic because Brooks is a defensive liability, just like Parker is. Use the rest of the MLE/LLE to try to lure Pietrus and then call it a day.

C - Bynum 7'1"
PF - Duncan 6'11"
SF - Jefferson 6'7"
SG - Ginobili 6'6"
PG - Dragic 6'4"

That's a combination of size, athleticism and skill that would be unmatched from the rest of the league, outside of Miami. Then you bring a talented big guy like Splitter and the versatility of Hill off of the bench. You have the scrappy garbage player in Blair to take spot minutes and make things happen, and you have Neal and Bonner as the 3 point assassins. You also have a lockdown defender in Pietrus, who is capable of guarding a LeBron or Kobe. It's far-fetched, but if it happened, I think it would be a ring. I see no reason why it wouldn't be. Nobody in the league could match that size.

Lol @ Bonner being an assassin.

Still, I think that's about the best we can hope for.

ATXSPUR
05-13-2011, 08:55 AM
No. We don't wholesale our team as a kneejerk reaction. It's hard to build a playoff team. Blowing one up in hopes of building another one is absurd. I would understand if we were in the luxury tax, but we aren't. We are fine. Splitter will be active next year and will change the look of the team considerably.

Doing this in 2008 would have been a knee jerk reaction...how many more humiliating playoff defeats do you need to see? For the last four years we've been ousted in an embarrassing fashion. We weren't even competitive against the teams we lost to.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Lol @ Bonner being an assassin.

Still, I think that's about the best we can hope for.

He led the league in 3 point shooting, and is currently the best stretch 4(outside of Nowitzki) in the league. I'm not one of those that hates on Bonner without reason, he's a spotup shooter and Parker wasn't creating open looks for him in the playoffs. He set them up to a win a game by making incredibly difficult 3s, actually, and they blew it.

beirmeistr
05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Kobe would not allow another ball hog on the Lakers.

Fabbs
05-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Doing this in 2008 would have been a knee jerk reaction...how many more humiliating playoff defeats do you need to see? For the last four years we've been ousted in an embarrassing fashion. We weren't even competitive against the teams we lost to.
Exactly. What's the point of holding on to "The Big Three" if it's just a steady downfall into playoff failure? Tim is no longer Big, Manu injures himself and thus is not Big and Parkers mental game is too small.

I. Hustle
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Why would we do that if we are getting Oden? Oops I spilled the beans. My source is gonna kill me.

Giuseppe
05-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Kobe would not allow another ball hog on the Lakers.

Please.

After Pop welcomed a rapist on the Spurs with open arms anything is possible.

K-State Spur
05-13-2011, 09:33 AM
In a heartbeat. He's only 22, towers over just about everyone in the league and has a solid post game. Ive been suggesting this since the 09-10 season tbh. Do it RC.

How many bigs with a similar injury history prior to their 24th birthday have gone on after to have relatively healthy productive careers? Is the number even 1?

He's worth a gamble if you can get him for pennies on the dollar, but the Lakers shouldn't and wouldn't sell him for that.

By the same token, I think he'd have to play a full season next year (however many games that may be) for the Magic to even consider him as a return for Howard.

DMC
05-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I will take a playoff loss over a Timberwolves existence.

Some of you must feel your team has the same buying power as the Lakers or the Celtics. No one wants to come to SA, and the last I checked, it was still a free country.

Giuseppe
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
^Easy D

:lmao

TJastal
05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
He led the league in 3 point shooting, and is currently the best stretch 4(outside of Nowitzki) in the league. I'm not one of those that hates on Bonner without reason, he's a spotup shooter and Parker wasn't creating open looks for him in the playoffs. He set them up to a win a game by making incredibly difficult 3s, actually, and they blew it.

lol

Bonner is no where near Nowitszki's class. His offensive arsenal consists of shooting uncontested 3 pointers or taking a dribble or 2 into the paint and taking an awkward looking shot or his patented "oh shit what the hell did I get myself into" 180 degree turn and look for teammate to pass the ball to. And usually by the time he finally finds a teammate to pass the ball to (after alot of frantic zig zag running by teammates), there is less than 5 seconds left on the shot clock. This is it for Bonner. You get virtually no fast break layups, steals, turnovers, blocked shots, putbacks, etc.

And now the grizz pretty much gave the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to neutralize his open looks by using using guards / small forwards to check him out on the 3pt line and still pack the paint with size. So his one usefullness (drawing bigs out of the paint) just took a hit.

portnoy1
05-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Im guessing Fisher/Blake run circles around Parker right?

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 11:40 AM
lol

Bonner is no where near Nowitszki's class.

As a player, of course not, it's silly to even say, because it should go without saying. But... Nowitzki is nowhere near Bonner's class as a pure shooter.

His offensive arsenal consists of shooting uncontested 3 pointers or taking a dribble or 2 into the paint and taking an awkward looking shot or his patented "oh shit what the hell did I get myself into" 180 degree turn and look for teammate to pass the ball to. And usually by the time he finally finds a teammate to pass the ball to (after alot of frantic zig zag running by teammates), there is less than 5 seconds left on the shot clock.

That's because 15 seconds of the shot clock have already been dribbled out by Parker.

This is it for Bonner. You get virtually no fast break layups, steals, turnovers, blocked shots, putbacks, etc.

The same could be said for Nowitzki on all accounts.

TJastal
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
As a player, of course not, it's silly to even say, because it should go without saying. But... Nowitzki is nowhere near Bonner's class as a pure shooter.

That's because 15 seconds of the shot clock have already been dribbled out by Parker.

The same could be said for Nowitzki on all accounts.

:lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Bonner's unconventional screwball shotput/sidearm release is not mechanically sound, which is part of the reason his shooting stroke is so inconsistent, and he almost always struggles under pressure. Comparing it to Dirk's textbook jumper is laughable dude.

And as far as the rest of his game, Nowitszki has about 100 other ways to score than Bonner has, starting with an array of post up moves and fadeaways... Bonner would be lucky to hit the top of the backboard with some of the shots Dirk makes regularily.

But by all means, please carry on, I'm rather enjoying this.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 12:55 PM
:lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Bonner's unconventional screwball shotput/sidearm release is not mechanically sound, which is part of the reason his shooting stroke is so inconsistent, and he almost always struggles under pressure. Comparing it to Dirk's textbook jumper is laughable dude.

If you want to talk about form, Dirk kicks his leg out to the side and throws the ball behind his head, his shot isn't textbook at all. What I do know are the facts, Matt Bonner is a better shooter than Dirk Nowitzki.

And as far as the rest of his game, Nowitszki has about 100 other ways to score than Bonner has, starting with an array of post up moves and fadeaways... Bonner would be lucky to hit the top of the backboard with some of the shots Dirk makes regularily.That's different than normal shooting. Making tough shots is entirely different and is why Dirk is who he is. I'm not sure why you're straying away from the point, maybe because you know that you are wrong, but as I said, the point is Bonner is much more accurate from the 3 than Dirk. Kobe Bryant makes way more difficult shots than Ray Allen, that doesn't make him a better shooter.

NewcastleKEG
05-13-2011, 12:58 PM
IMO, Lakers don't give up Bynum (giving up the Front Line) advantage for a top10-15 in the league Point Guard. Keep in mind the Lakers won 2 titles with Fisher so they don't exactly view the position as important as that size advantage Drew/Gasol/Odom gives them

Parker for Odom

Do you do it? Lakers would IMO

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
IMO, Lakers don't give up Bynum (giving up the Front Line) advantage for a top10-15 in the league Point Guard. Keep in mind the Lakers won 2 titles with Fisher so they don't exactly view the position as important as that size advantage Drew/Gasol/Odom gives them

Parker for Odom

Do you do it? Lakers would IMO

I would never trade Parker for Odom. I also agree the Lakers would be stupid to trade Bynum for Parker, but I'm relying upon them possibly overreacting to being swept. Maybe they put in a call to Otis Smith, Otis tells them it's never gonna happen... then the Parker deal might look a little more enticing.

NewcastleKEG
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I would never trade Parker for Odom. I also agree the Lakers would be stupid to trade Bynum for Parker, but I'm relying upon them possibly overreacting to being swept. Maybe they put in a call to Otis Smith, Otis tells them it's never gonna happen... then the Parker deal might look a little more enticing.
Agreed. How bout Parker for Gasol? I dunno if Lakers would do that either though but if the rift between Kobe and Pau is large enough

Parker + Blair would prob the price

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Agreed. How bout Parker for Gasol? I dunno if Lakers would do that either though but if the rift between Kobe and Pau is large enough

Parker + Blair would prob the price

IMO the lakers hold Gasol in higher regard than Bynum. If they don't, they should. If the Lakers would take Parker and Blair for Gasol, hell yes I'd take that. I'd throw in a first rounder for good measure.

TJastal
05-13-2011, 01:18 PM
If you want to talk about form, Dirk kicks his leg out to the side and throws the ball behind his head, his shot isn't textbook at all. What I do know are the facts, Matt Bonner is a better shooter than Dirk Nowitzki.
That's different than normal shooting. Making tough shots is entirely different and is why Dirk is who he is. I'm not sure why you're straying away from the point, maybe because you know that you are wrong, but as I said, the point is Bonner is much more accurate from the 3 than Dirk. Kobe Bryant makes way more difficult shots than Ray Allen, that doesn't make him a better shooter.

Ahh, still sticking to the ol' guns i see...:rollin

So what do legs have to do with shooting form? You shoot with your upper body and arms last time I checked. And I'm not sure where you get the idea he "throws the ball above his head". I don't even know what the hell that means exactly. What I do know is that he shoots the ball above his head, which is where a jumpshot is supposed to be shot, whereas Bonner shoots it from his right shoulder. Which is why Bonner can't get shots off if there is anyone near him ..

You can see Dirk's shooting form here and it is textbook.

CO30cQK1qmY

And as far as accuracy goes, Bonner practices his uncontested 3's every day in practice. But that's all he can do and he generally isn't guarded closely out on the 3pt line, so it makes sense his % will be better. Dirk sees double and triple teams regularily since he's the focal point of the offense. If Bonner had this much attention paid to him he'd be lucky to shoot 25%.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Ahh, still sticking to the ol' guns i see...:rollin

So what do legs have to do with shooting form? You shoot with your upper body and arms last time I checked.

I don't know if you've ever actually played basketball before, but your legs are just as important, if not more important than your upper body.

Which is why Bonner can't get shots off if there is anyone near him ..

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the #1 3 point shooter in the NBA draws some attention, and isn't shooting all wide open jumpers.

You can see Dirk's shooting form here and it is textbook.

I'm not sure why you would pick a video where he's being fouled and going off the glass, but it was funny nonetheless because of that.

And as far as accuracy goes, Bonner practices his uncontested 3's every day in practice. But that's all he can do and he generally isn't guarded closely out on the 3pt line, so it makes sense his % will be better.

Bonner can drive and score and even create for others from time to time. He's a pretty good all-around offensive player. People get on him because he's white with red hair and unathletic. Overall, he's a great player to have on your roster, especially at his price.

Dirk sees double and triple teams regularily since he's the focal point of the offense. If Bonner had this much attention paid to him he'd be lucky to shoot 25%.

No he doesn't. He rarely sees even a double team. Reason being, you don't double team a largely one-dimensional player, when his one-dimension is jump shooting.

Spurtacus
05-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Pass on Super Tits. I also don't have a whole lot of faith in George Hill as the starting PG. Maybe regular season but he hasn't shown much in 3 playoffs.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-13-2011, 01:41 PM
would rather take a chance on an injury prone Oden then trade parker for an injury prone Bynum.

joshdaboss
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
would rather take a chance on an injury prone Oden then trade parker for an injury prone Bynum.

Rumor has it Portland is talking about offering him 9-10 million a year.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-13-2011, 01:44 PM

damn

TJastal
05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't know if you've ever actually played basketball before, but your legs are just as important, if not more important than your upper body.

One of the greatest 3 point shooters in history used to kick his leg out when he shot the ball.. his initials were RM (I'll let you figure out who he is if you can). This kind of proves that where your legs end up really make no difference..

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the #1 3 point shooter in the NBA draws some attention, and isn't shooting all wide open jumpers.

Okay, so only 90% of his 3's are uncontested. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

I'm not sure why you would pick a video where he's being fouled and going off the glass, but it was funny nonetheless because of that.

I chose this video because I knew you would whine it wasn't a 3point shot, as if it makes any difference.

Bonner can drive and score and even create for others from time to time. He's a pretty good all-around offensive player. People get on him because he's white with red hair and unathletic. Overall, he's a great player to have on your roster, especially at his price.

Bullshit. People get on Bonner because he chokes under playoff pressure. His career playoff 3pt% is 32% while Dirk's is 39%. This is not a "great player" to have on your roster, sorry.

No he doesn't. He rarely sees even a double team. Reason being, you don't double team a largely one-dimensional player, when his one-dimension is jump shooting.
lmao.. this is just absurd.

spurtech09
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Trade without Bonner or RJ in is stupid!
agree....plus I rather trade bonner and rj for bynum:depressed

spurtech09
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd do that only if the f.o. decide we are in a rebuilding mode...and they realizae they have the chance to make other trades.

Parker (plus Green or 2^ ch.) for Bynum + Ebanks (so he could jopin his old teammate Butler)

Gino + Dice contract for Iguodala + Speighs

Jefferson + Bonner for M. Williams + Pachulia

then we draft a play maker with our 29 draft choice or we take one via f.a.:lol:nope:p:

05-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Whoa that's a lot. I don't think he's worth that much considering the risk. If it were a short term contract it would be better.

ducks
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
parker for curry maybe not brynum

Nathan89
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
That's different than normal shooting. Making tough shots is entirely different and is why Dirk is who he is. I'm not sure why you're straying away from the point, maybe because you know that you are wrong, but as I said, the point is Bonner is much more accurate from the 3 than Dirk. Kobe Bryant makes way more difficult shots than Ray Allen, that doesn't make him a better shooter.

The fact is Dirk shoots a better fg% and way better ft% than Bonner. Dirk shoots a better fg% than Bonner does and he is the focus of every opposing defense he plays against. Please give me the facts that Bonner is a better shooter than Dirk. No one will agree with you.

joshdaboss
05-14-2011, 02:41 AM
The fact is Dirk shoots a better fg% and way better ft% than Bonner.

The only relevant stat is that Bonner shoots a lower percentage from the line, but if we're going to choose which stat is more important, 3 point % for FT %, the case for FT % would be a laughable one.

Dirk shoots a better fg% than Bonner does and he is the focus of every opposing defense he plays against.

Again, you're acting as if I'm saying Bonner is a better player, otherwise you'd see none of what you've just said is relevant to the matter at hand.

Please give me the facts that Bonner is a better shooter than Dirk. No one will agree with you.

Surely.

Career 3 point percentage:
Dirk Nowitzki: .381
Matt Bonner: .414

That isn't even close, I'm sorry.

UnWantedTheory
05-14-2011, 03:26 AM
The only relevant stat is that Bonner shoots a lower percentage from the line, but if we're going to choose which stat is more important, 3 point % for FT %, the case for FT % would be a laughable one.

Again, you're acting as if I'm saying Bonner is a better player, otherwise you'd see none of what you've just said is relevant to the matter at hand.

Surely.

Your a funny little dude.

joshdaboss
05-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Your a funny little dude.

I laughed at the ironical nature of calling me little, when you substituted your for you're -- something that is typical of someone who is 12-years-old.

FkLA
05-15-2011, 05:11 AM
How many bigs with a similar injury history prior to their 24th birthday have gone on after to have relatively healthy productive careers? Is the number even 1?

He's worth a gamble if you can get him for pennies on the dollar, but the Lakers shouldn't and wouldn't sell him for that.

By the same token, I think he'd have to play a full season next year (however many games that may be) for the Magic to even consider him as a return for Howard.

His injuries are somewhat overblown IMO. Theyre not related to each other so theres no chronic injuries going on there, some of them have been plain bad luck freak accidents. I wouldnt be surprised to see this kid healthy and dominating the center postion along with Howard as soon as next season.

Fabbs
05-15-2011, 12:01 PM

Career Playoff 3 point percentage:
Dirk Nowitzki: .386
Matt Bonner .322

It's not even close.
Dirk double teamed, Bonner wide open.

Bub bye.

joshdaboss
05-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Career Playoff 3 point percentage:
Dirk Nowitzki: .386
Matt Bonner .322

It's not even close.
Dirk double teamed, Bonner wide open.

Bub bye.

Um... that's funny? What is that supposed to prove? He's more clutch? I agree, completely. Is he a better shooter than Matt? Of course he isn't. When dealing with numbers, there is something that is crucial, and that is called sample size.

Bye.

ChumpDumper
05-15-2011, 01:03 PM
lol OP wants to trade for bitch tits.

05-15-2011, 05:19 PM
i'm still an advocate for this trade. spurs need to shake things up and lakers need to win now. lakers don't need gasol AND bynum clogging up the low post. getting an all star caliber point guard in return is a good trade. lakers are wasting bynum's potential by playing him next to another all star big. lakers don't need bynum, just a FA center to replace him.

bigs like bynum don't come along every day. he's got size, defense, rebounding, and good fundamental low post moves. who the fuck has that in this league anymore? he just needs to stay healthy. since duncan no longer gets the ball in the low post anymore, he can just let bynum do it and shoot his soft jump shots all day. the only thing i don't like about this trade is that it improves the lakers as well. they get an all star PG with championship experience. if that doesn't propel them to the top, i don't know what will.

bynum also has a team option i believe in 2012. so if things don't work out he's still completely tradeable/can just be cut. otherwise having a 23 year old center who already knows how to block shots, rebound, play defense, move in the post, and is 7 feet is pretty rare.

rascal
05-16-2011, 11:39 AM

Bonner is not a better shooter than Dirk.
Bonner is best with no defensive pressure at all because other teams don't even respect him and leave him open during the regular season. But during the playoffs when defenses tighten those open looks are no longer there so his % tanks.

Bonner is also very limited in creating shots if he loses his open spotup looks.

21_Blessings
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Lakers could do way better than Parker.

ducks
05-16-2011, 12:21 PM
lol at laker fan thinking they are getting cp3

parker is a better shooter then cp3
cp3 is a better passer
but cp3 has guys that can do alley (chandler)

joshdaboss
05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Bonner is not a better shooter than Dirk.
Bonner is best with no defensive pressure at all because other teams don't even respect him and leave him open during the regular season. But during the playoffs when defenses tighten those open looks are no longer there so his % tanks.

This contention seems to be pretty popular, but it is also a laughable one. Bonner was leading the league in 3 point shooting the entire season, do you think teams don't do any scouting during the regular season? Or what? Yes, I'm sure they're just leaving him open. I would actually argue that Dirk's 3 attempts are far more open, just based on the fact he is a good shooter and barely shoots any 3s. Logic would tell us that if he's going to take one, it's more than likely an open look. Whereas Bonner had nearly twice the makes of Nowitzki this year, while playing significantly lesser minutes.

Bonner is also very limited in creating shots if he loses his open spotup looks.

I disagree. I actually think Bonner's drive game is better than Nowitzki's. He has a nice little hook he makes with regularity. I've never seen Nowitzki make a hook shot in his life, I don't think it's in his game at all. What makes Nowitzki is the midrange jumper, he makes it at a high rate, but it's no wonder to me why the Mavs have 0 championship rings.

joshdaboss
05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Lakers could do way better than Parker.

For Bynum? Like who? lol

ElNono
05-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Lakers should definitely sell high now... you know his next knee injury is not a matter of if, but when...

UnWantedTheory
05-17-2011, 05:11 AM
I laughed at the ironical nature of calling me little, when you substituted your for you're -- something that is typical of someone who is 12-years-old.

I find your statement even more ironic, considering you pulled the "12 year old" card out over a very common mistake.

Again, you're a funny little dude.

K-State Spur
05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Lakers should definitely sell high now... you know his next knee injury is not a matter of if, but when...

You know that, I know that, and so does pretty much everybody else.

I don't think his open value market is near what Laker fan does. As such, I think he's unlikely to net as much in a trade that would make it worthwhile for the Lake show to move him.

Now, if you have to sell a guy for whatever you can get (like Melo last winter) - then Bynum makes for a nice return chip. But I don't know that there is a guy on that level in that situation coming up.

joshdaboss
05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
I find your statement even more ironic, considering you pulled the "12 year old" card out over a very common mistake.

Again, you're a funny little dude.

Yes, a common mistake with 12-year-olds.

Bruno
05-17-2011, 06:31 PM
The only Lakers big worth breaking down the big 3 is Gasol. Odom just isn't good enough. Bynum is better but is too much injury prone. Lakers don't have a single valuable filler to add to Bynum or Odom.

Fabbs
05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
^^ Is Jim Buss in love enough with Bynum to go Gasol for Parker?
I don't think so.

Are Kobees pampers soiled over Gasol for the playoff failure?
I don't think so either.

Can't see Parker for Gasol, Bruno. Altho it would be nice.