PDA

View Full Version : next!

koriwhat
05-12-2011, 12:41 PM
i walk the stage saturday... lol walking the stage for an associates degree.

anyhow, what next? i don't think i care for school as much as the next person so i doubt i sign up to finish out a BA degree. i think i might move out of TX at the end of the summer or i might stick around and keep trying to perfect this tattoo thing i got going at the moment. i'm getting pretty damn good at this tattoo shit if i must say so myself.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Here we go

koriwhat
05-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Here we go

:tu

Drachen
05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
i walk the stage saturday... lol walking the stage for an associates degree.

anyhow, what next? i don't think i care for school as much as the next person so i doubt i sign up to finish out a BA degree. i think i might move out of TX at the end of the summer or i might stick around and keep trying to perfect this tattoo thing i got going at the moment. i'm getting pretty damn good at this tattoo shit if i must say so myself.

Associates Degree? I thought everyone made fun of you for UTSA....
(when not bringing up the tatoos you have in a certain location).

Confused.

Oh and congratulations.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Congrats.

koriwhat
05-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Associates Degree? I thought everyone made fun of you for UTSA....
(when not bringing up the tatoos you have in a certain location).

Confused.

Oh and congratulations.

yeah, i have no idea about the utsa thing though i wouldn't diss anyone for going to that school. school is school.

btw, thanks!

hater
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
the job market is fucked anyway. get a school loan, stay in school and keep living of your parents or whoever is that supports you. extend this as long as you can.

or you can go work at macdonalds for the rest of your life.

Sisk
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Definitely get a Bachelor's degree.

ashbeeigh
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
work and go to school. Then you get the best of both worlds.

JoeChalupa
05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Congrats!
I don't even have my associate's degree. :(
I would continue on go for your next degree. Don't stop!

TE
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Anything more than a AA would be good.

Congrats.

koriwhat
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
as of right now i am leaning towards moving to the west coast, continuing to tattoo and do design work while trying to get into calarts.

Nick Manning
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
as of right now i am leaning towards moving to the west coast, continuing to tattoo and do design work while trying to get into calarts.

You should check out West Hollywood. Good luck and I hope you pursue your dreams.

mrsmaalox
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
:toast

DMC
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
1. Ignore anyone who says you cannot make it with just an Associates Degree. You can. I know plenty of people who are doing very well who aren't even holding a degree.

2. If you got a degree in something because it's fun, you probably won't make any money at it, however if you got one in something that's in demand, you will be fine. It gets you in the door and gets you looked at. That's all you can ever ask. You will spend your next 10 years unlearning everything you learned in college anyhow.

3. See 1. Never listen to people who scoff at any level of degree. Plenty of non-degree holding people scoff at post grad, as if it's overkill. Plenty of post grads scoff at non-degree professionals as if they don't have the fundamentals to do the job. There are gems and lemons in each category. Just put your mind into what you want and go there. Days go by and so do people's opinions.

Congrats on the degree.

DMC
05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
It would be wise to stay in school, tbh. An AA Degree might get you a job as a security guard for Costco, but not much else. Congrats though.
Good example (thanks). Ignore asshole trolls like this who likely haven't even graduated HS yet. I know AS and AAS holding people who make 6 figures. It's not as cut and dry as some make it sound. Once you get to that level, you really have no idea who has what degree. You just know who's the expert and who's not.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 05:44 PM
1. Ignore anyone who says you cannot make it with just an Associates Degree. You can. I know plenty of people who are doing very well who aren't even holding a degree.

2. If you got a degree in something because it's fun, you probably won't make any money at it, however if you got one in something that's in demand, you will be fine. It gets you in the door and gets you looked at. That's all you can ever ask. You will spend your next 10 years unlearning everything you learned in college anyhow.

3. See 1. Never listen to people who scoff at any level of degree. Plenty of non-degree holding people scoff at post grad, as if it's overkill. Plenty of post grads scoff at non-degree professionals as if they don't have the fundamentals to do the job. There are gems and lemons in each category. Just put your mind into what you want and go there. Days go by and so do people's opinions.

Congrats on the degree.

I agree with 2 and 3 and but I have a problem with #1. While you CAN be successful without even a diploma, the stats show that the more education you have the more money you make. Getting an appropriate bachelors is a good idea.

MavTalker
05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
i walk the stage saturday... for an associates degree. i sign up to finish out a BA degree. i'm getting pretty damn good at this tattoo shit if i must say so myself.

http://www.gordtep.com/files/2009/11/bike_horn.jpg

DMC
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I agree with 2 and 3 and but I have a problem with #1. While you CAN be successful without even a diploma, the stats show that the more education you have the more money you make. Getting an appropriate bachelors is a good idea.

You are disagreeing with something I didn't say.

And LOL at "2 and 3 but not 1" because 3 says "see 1". :lol

Sisk
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
the stats show that the more education you have the more money you make.

What they leave out is the amount of debt all the education puts you in.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
You are disagreeing with something I didn't say.

And LOL at "2 and 3 but not 1" because 3 says "see 1". :lol

I didn't say I was disagreeing with anything you said. I said I had a problem with it, mainly because it doesn't tell the full story. Its not a big deal, just an observation.

The point you made in 3 was that different people will scoff you no matter what. Thats what I agreed with. I thought it would be obvious.

I guess not.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
What they leave out is the amount of debt all the education puts you in.

This is some older info:

Just in case you still had some doubts, the U.S. Census Bureau has released data proving the substantial value of a college education in the United States. Workers 18 and over sporting bachelors degrees earn an average of $51,206 a year, while those with a high school diploma earn $27,915. But wait, there's more. Workers with an advanced degree make an average of $74,602, and those without a high school diploma average $18,734

But I still think it makes the point.

You can easily get a bachelors and not leave with very much debt. You don't have to go to an out of state school and you don't have to go to a private school and you can still get a good degree. I think its reasonable to expect to leave undergrad with no more than about 40k in debt and even that is pushing it.

So, 40k in debt to make on average that much more in less than 2 years? Pretty good idea, IMO. Of course these are just average and general figures and they don't mean everyone is going to leave with a low amount of debt and it doesn't mean everyone will make that much more but its something to consider.

Sisk
05-12-2011, 06:54 PM
This is some older info:

But I still think it makes the point.

You can easily get a bachelors and not leave with very much debt. You don't have to go to an out of state school and you don't have to go to a private school and you can still get a good degree. I think its reasonable to expect to leave undergrad with no more than about 40k in debt and even that is pushing it.

So, 40k in debt to make on average that much more in less than 2 years? Pretty good idea, IMO. Of course these are just average and general figures and they don't mean everyone is going to leave with a low amount of debt and it doesn't mean everyone will make that much more but its something to consider.

It all depends on who you are and how much money you have that determines how much debt you accumulate, of course. At Texas A&M cost per semester is about $10,000. You're including only tuition costs - while costs such as rent, food, gas, etc. add up significantly.

I could've stopped going to school and started making $50-60k a year with only my high school diploma. My parents wanted me to go to school and in today's society not getting your degree has such a negative stigma. Not to mention I wanted to go to A&M.

The point is, you can be successful without any degree whatsoever you just have to be motivated and have a good idea... and of course not be a total moron.

MannyIsGod
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
It all depends on who you are and how much money you have that determines how much debt you accumulate, of course. At Texas A&M cost per semester is about $10,000. You're including only tuition costs - while costs such as rent, food, gas, etc. add up significantly.

I could've stopped going to school and started making $50-60k a year with only my high school diploma. My parents wanted me to go to school and in today's society not getting your degree has such a negative stigma. Not to mention I wanted to go to A&M.

The point is, you can be successful without any degree whatsoever you just have to be motivated and have a good idea... and of course not be a total moron.

I agree you can be successful without a degree. Its just not as likely. I didn't leave any costs out, I figured a person going to school will still work. Its definitely not easy, but no one said it was ever going to be easy. The point is that if you want to go to school and leave without much debt you can easily do it.

4>0rings
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM

This. There are entry level jobs in my field starting at 50k with just an Associates degree.

2. If you got a degree in something because it's fun, you probably won't make any money at it, however if you got one in something that's in demand, you will be fine. It gets you in the door and gets you looked at. That's all you can ever ask. You will spend your next 10 years unlearning everything you learned in college anyhow. My ex wanted to help people. She went into social work, has a masters and makes high 30's... on a masters degree and 25k in school debt...

That's what she wanted to do so that's all she cared about.

Congrats on the degree.This. Just handle your business in school, don't half-ass the things you want to do. Cut your piece of the pie and tell everyone else to fuck off.

Nick Manning
05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Who else finds it ironic that the ringleader of the "You don't need a degree" mob is DMC?

This is the same tool who was willing to fly halfway across the country and show his engineering degree to a college kid at the Chuckbox.

DMC
05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
butt hurt, butt hurt, stalk, butt hurt, stalk, butt hurt... multi troll, butt hurt... stalk... etc...

CubanSucks
05-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Congrats on the degree.

Good example (thanks). Ignore asshole trolls like this who likely haven't even graduated HS yet. I know AS and AAS holding people who make 6 figures. It's not as cut and dry as some make it sound. Once you get to that level, you really have no idea who has what degree. You just know who's the expert and who's not.

:tu :tu

If you have a good job right now then completely forget furthering your education for the time being. I recently read in an article showing the stats for how flooded the market is with post grads and how many are completely fucked or have to move back in with parents because of a lack of jobs. The idea of furthering your education just for the POTENTIAL is completely dated and unpractical. Of course, if you have a strong passion for a specific field then by all means learn up on it as much as possible. Unfortunately in today's world, there's so many students going for their bachelors just...cause. There's a mentality that higher education is not only everyone's right, but necessary to "find yourself and learn about the world"

DMC
05-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I didn't say I was disagreeing with anything you said. I said I had a problem with it, mainly because it doesn't tell the full story. Its not a big deal, just an observation.

The point you made in 3 was that different people will scoff you no matter what. Thats what I agreed with. I thought it would be obvious.

I guess not.
No it wasn't obvious, but I apologize for my over the top response.

I interview people with degrees all the time. What I see is that those who have spent time in the field then pursued a degree generally have a much more solid grasp on the concepts of the position in which they are applying then someone who finished school first and put in a couple years at some firm.

mouse
05-13-2011, 01:32 PM
All those diplomas your about to hang on your wall and yet you act like a sexually frustrated 15 year old online. My advise is to start deleting your postings before you apply at your next job. :tu

JoeChalupa
05-13-2011, 01:56 PM
There are many successful people with no degrees. Neither the wife or I have a degree and we do ok but for some doing ok is not enough and I can understand that. We both feel that we screwed up by not getting a college degree but we also believe that getting depressed over it won't solve anything. Since both our jobs offer tuition reimbursement we are taking advantage of it although it does mean it will take longer just to get an associate's degree but it would be an accomplishment for us.

Nick Manning
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
The people in here who don't have college degrees have some other kind of tangible skill or trade that will make them money. koriwhat doesn't have that, unless you consider tattooing the local produce a skill. He needs as much higher education as he can get.

mouse
05-13-2011, 02:19 PM
But seriously on a side note........if your going to apply at UPS or any other job that allows shorts?
you might want to consider wearing these...first

http://www.styleceo.com/images/stores/1023/f/footsmart-brown-mens-microfiber-nylon-firm-support-over-the-calf-socks-pair-6699299

Fpoonsie
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Congrats, man. All bullshitting aside, it's more than I can (officially) lay claim to so far.

Don't have any advice, though. Pretty sure I'm wasting my time at UNT as is...

koriwhat
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
All those diplomas your about to hang on your wall and yet you act like a sexually frustrated 15 year old online. My advise is to start deleting your postings before you apply at your next job. :tu

you're one to talk mr. dumpster diving hobo who lives on a messageboard.

btw, you're very unfunny but that's a realization for you to figure out on your own.

The people in here who don't have college degrees have some other kind of tangible skill or trade that will make them money. koriwhat doesn't have that, unless you consider tattooing the local produce a skill. He needs as much higher education as he can get.

yeah, i don't have any tangible skill or trade... yep, running a whole screen-printing biz by myself meant nothing, knowing how to program websites and whatnot means nothing too, as well as tattooing because we all know how simple it is to just lay ink on skin, putting together computers and troubleshooting them isn't much of a trade or skill, and...

hating on me cause' it's the cool thing to do, that's fine by me. give me another goal and i'll find a way to accomplish it. my motivation seems to only come from others hating, wish i could just motivate myself instead.

Congrats, man. All bullshitting aside, it's more than I can (officially) lay claim to so far.

Don't have any advice, though. Pretty sure I'm wasting my time at UNT as is...

thanks man! i am still not so sure i am "proud" of this degree even though i have a flood of people at the moment, here and in my real life, telling me i should be proud. i appreciate the congrats from you all.

JoeChalupa
05-13-2011, 04:51 PM
You should be proud. I know I'd be. I believe in the end you won't be judged by how many degrees you have. In all honesty I couldn't tell you what the majority of my friends education level is. It is not an issue.

CubanSucks
05-13-2011, 05:19 PM
tbh in today's world an associates of APPLIED science/technology/arts could end up being more valuable than any other degree. Problem is actually getting into the programs.

Axe Murderer
05-14-2011, 12:28 PM
do whatever you enjoy doing as long as you are well off

life isn't all about making the most money

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Unless you want tons of money tbh. In all seriousness tho, life is about happiness, it's just that as a money grubbing jew I believe money = happiness.

CubanSucks
05-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Unless you want tons of money tbh. In all seriousness tho, life is about happiness, it's just that as a money grubbing jew I believe money = happiness.

most definitely. It's just in today's world (that's like the 20th time I've said that), going out there with a bachelors degree in world FULL of bachelors degree applicants doesn't exactly give you a leg up. But, if you're able to get into a program for an applied associates degree, you're pretty much guaranteed a job afterward. Granted you might not make as much money, you'll at least have a leg in the door

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 02:50 PM
It depends on the bachelors degree. Being one of the many people with a bachelor's degree in liberal arts isn't gonna do jack shit for you. A degree in some kind of engineering or accounting/finance will.

koriwhat
05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
man that was a long ordeal... it took almost 3 hrs for that ceremony to end.

i have one funny story from earlier... my school asked a prior student from the late 80's to speak at this ceremony and the dude was cracking everyone up. his introduction spoke highly about how the dude went on to be a success, how he left an imprint at my school, etc... when the dude went to speak he immediately said, "congrats! i have no idea why i am here but i am honored. i was never someone who made an impression or left an imprint so i don't know why i am giving this speech but i am thankful for the opportunity. i was a C/D student while i attending this school and just did what i had to do to get out of it..."

that dude had us all balling but after him came some annoying goodie two-shoes girl who turned her speech into some sort of political agenda. everyone was wishing she'd shut up and sit down but instead she went on and on and on for like 10 minutes, maybe a bit longer.

all in all, it's been a great day. i also went and had some badass food at my favorite little mx restaurant off broadway, picante grill.

DMC
05-14-2011, 03:56 PM
:lmao

I laughed pretty good at that.

DMC
05-14-2011, 03:59 PM
man that was a long ordeal... it took almost 3 hrs for that ceremony to end.

i have one funny story from earlier... my school asked a prior student from the late 80's to speak at this ceremony and the dude was cracking everyone up. his introduction spoke highly about how the dude went on to be a success, how he left an imprint at my school, etc... when the dude went to speak he immediately said, "congrats! i have no idea why i am here but i am honored. i was never someone who made an impression or left an imprint so i don't know why i am giving this speech but i am thankful for the opportunity. i was a C/D student while i attending this school and just did what i had to do to get out of it..."

that dude had us all balling but after him came some annoying goodie two-shoes girl who turned her speech into some sort of political agenda. everyone was wishing she'd shut up and sit down but instead she went on and on and on for like 10 minutes, maybe a bit longer.

all in all, it's been a great day. i also went and had some badass food at my favorite little mx restaurant off broadway, picante grill.
Congrats again. Good idea earlier about deleting posts that have your picture or anything linked to something that might get you fired or just not hired. They do internet searches for things like that and I've seen plenty of people get denied an interview, including one guy who's credentials were impeccable, but he had a facebook page called "Spanish Fly" in which he billed himself a gigolo. It was funny, but not to HR.

DMC
05-14-2011, 04:00 PM
It depends on the bachelors degree. Being one of the many people with a bachelor's degree in liberal arts isn't gonna do jack shit for you. A degree in some kind of engineering or accounting/finance will.
True. Liberal Arts degrees are everywhere, mostly waiting tables.

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Liberal Arts degree = 1 year later saying "Oh shit I need to go to law school now!"

dirk4mvp
05-14-2011, 05:11 PM
people saying money can't acquire you happiness are basically lying to themselves.

DMC
05-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Money cannot buy happiness but it can by a yacht that you can name "Happiness" or a hooker named "Happiness". Poverty can't buy shit. If you are wealthy and aint happy, it's not the money.

DMC
05-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Liberal Arts degree = 1 year later saying "Oh shit I need to go to law school now!"
Yep, and 5 years later saying "fuck this waiting tables shit, I cannot even pay off my Liberal Arts degree"

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
:lol Money can't buy you happiness is probably the belief that I hate most..

While it's true for some people, it's false for the majority of humans, in all honesty..my girlfriend was the same, she always told me that she didn't care about money and just wanted to pursue her interests in school..she did, she loves her job, but her monetary issues are evident and do affect her life, in regards to desired luxuries, obviously..

As for koriwhat, I fully agree with the poster that said you should continue going to school, as long as it doesn't affect you from a financial perspective..for me, I'm still relatively young and in school right now, I was fortunate to have won a large amount of $ a few years ago, which will allow me to potentially pursue long-term education for a Masters..obviously, this isn't an option for a lot of people, money is an issue, but if you can do it, I'd stay in school as long as you can..

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Money cannot buy happiness but it can by a yacht that you can name "Happiness" or a hooker named "Happiness". Poverty can't buy shit. If you are wealthy and aint happy, it's not the money.

DMC is bringing the goods to this thread :lol, I love it when people even take it so far so they act like wealth and happiness are mutually exclusive. If you're wealthy and unhappy, wealth isn't your problem.

dirk4mvp
05-14-2011, 10:37 PM

Basically.

Axe Murderer
05-15-2011, 10:16 AM
it can buy a little happiness tbh but ask anyone rich who's lost a loved one they'll tell you they'd give it all away to bring that person back..some CEO making 5 mil a year bonuses but so stressed he doesn't get to enjoy it and finally has a stroke from the pressure would also tell you money ain't everything..shoot for a comfortable 80-100k living and you'll be livin the life.

agreed

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't get the "people would give money away to bring a loved one back hypothetical". It's not like being rich leads to family members dying.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2011, 12:09 PM
^exactly^

I think poor people have an at least equal but probably higher probability of family members dying anyway :lol

Axe Murderer
05-15-2011, 12:26 PM
i think my nigga TC was just saying that money sometimes consumes people's lives so much that they forgot about their loved ones and they don't realize it until it's too late. i think

but i agree in the sense that a lot of ppl today are too worried about getting that next big job/big raise that they can't even enjoy their life when they are perfectly well off as it is

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Money isn't mutually exclusive with family and health. You can have all 3. Family and health is irrelevant to whether or not money brings happiness. You don't lose family and health by having money.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
"Money doesn't buy happiness" is just something poor people say.

dirk4mvp
05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
"money never brought my anything but headache"

-grandpa TC, former millionaire

" i have money, family, and good health"

- grandpa4mvp, still alive and kickin millionaire

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Teachers have patented it more than anyone else :lol.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah I'm saying family and health is irrelevant to having money.

It'd be like saying, "Having a nice car is nice, but making sure your penis doesn't get chopped off is more important!"

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:23 PM
:lol you just don't get it. who said they were exclusive? i said money wasn't the most important thing in life. health and family >> money. those are necessities, money is icing on the cake. you can be totally happy without piles of money. and plus there are a thousand other scenarios where money can cause more headache than it's worth. basically if you set your heart on money you'll never be fulfilled. but if you earn a comfortable living and live your life to your desires, you can be very happy.

Is there any kind of an inverse relationship between money and family + health?

They're two completely unrelated things. It's not like chosing to be poor guarantees no one I'm close to gets a terminal disease.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
um what? :lol

i never said that the 2 weren't mutually exclusive. i said chasing money never fulfills

If you have shitty health and shitty family, will choosing to be poor alleviate the problem at all? I don't understand how family and health is relevant at all to having money.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah I'm saying family and health is irrelevant to having money.

It'd be like saying, "Having a nice car is nice, but making sure your penis doesn't get chopped off is more important!"

This:lol

family, health, and money are mutually exclusive things

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 02:26 PM
You can be in good health, have a healthy family, and still be living off ramen noodles and skunk beer.

Money enhances and improves your life, and makes happiness more accessible

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:27 PM
dude, go take your adderall. i said 2 posts up that they were exclusive from one another. did you not understand what that meant or something? it's another way of wording what you just repeated twice

Then why do you keep bringing up family and health in a discussion about money. You can say it all you want to avoid looking stupid, your actions contradict it.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Money and health aren't mutually exclusive, but I'm gonna keep talking like they are mutually exclusive and keep acting like you have to chose between one or the other!

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
it's hard to have a good relationship with family if you're obsessed with money.

:lmao so you are saying they're mutually exclusive. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
as far as "mutually exclusive" money goes, chasing it won't ever lead to fulfillment. money can't bring you happiness. it's hard to have a good relationship with family if you're obsessed with money. it won't bring you a woman who actually loves you for you, and not your cash. worrying about money too much is bad for your health.

these are the things im saying

I think you're reading too much into it. You'd be hard pressed to find somebody who isn't chasing the American dream, be it passively or aggressively. More often than not, they do it to better their lives and the lives of their family. A family that does not want for anything is usually happier.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I actually think they're the opposite of mutually exclusive. Who the fuck wants to have poor family members who everytime you visit say, "Hey, can you give some money to help the family out!"

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:31 PM
it's hard to have a good relationship with family if you're obsessed with money.

i mean they are independent variables, neither one has an effect on the other.

lol contradicting yourself

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I actually think they're the opposite of mutually exclusive. Who the fuck wants to have poor family members who everytime you visit say, "Hey, can you give some money to help the family out!"

That would suck. Thank God I'm white.

CubanSucks
GranddadCubanSucks- this thread sucks now :depressed

Kyle Orton
That would suck. Thank God I'm white.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
must i break everything down for you, or do you just do this on purpose? i'm really not sure.

i say that they're independent in the sense that you can have both, but a lot of people with messed up priorities don't appreciate the family that they have. having a father, mother, etc doesn't necessarily equate to having a good relationship with them.

You said they have no impact on each other, then you said if you value money too much it's tough to have a good relationship with your family. How is that not contradicting yourself?

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:41 PM
because having family doesnt equal having a good relationship with them or fully appreciating them

So you're saying a good relationship with your family and money are mutually exclusive :lmao

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
You don't earn money in a stress free job. That's a pipe dream. If you want money, be prepared to have stress here and there.

And tbh, I'm plenty happy having a strained relationship with my dad. Doesn't bother me at all.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:49 PM
:lmao you're calling me an angry person when all you do is whine about how globalists are taking over the world?

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:52 PM
What you don't know is that I AM a globalist who's in on it :wow

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I remember you going on a rant about how the globalists faked Obama's birth certificate or something along those lines

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:55 PM
:lmao qualifying that as "anger"

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Bill Romanowski injured countless people in his NFL career and I don't think it was anger at all, more just being a crazy guy.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not a girl, not everything I do is prompted by emotion.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 03:07 PM
I'll give you credit TC, you've successfully steered the argument away from money because you were getting railed on that subject.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I didn't think it was possible to divert the attention away from kw in his own thread.

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 03:14 PM
hate = extreme anger

I'm glad you're now a therapist

Gordon Gekko
05-15-2011, 03:15 PM

That is total BS. Just look how many rich people turn to drugs to fight their depression and other mental issues. Believe me, there are plenty of rich people who are generally content with their life but not necessarily happy how their life is going.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 03:19 PM
That is total BS. Just look how many rich people turn to drugs to fight their depression and other mental issues. Believe me, there are plenty of rich people who are generally content with their life but not necessarily happy how their life is going.

Cool story. For every rich person you know who's like that, I can show you 100x as many destitute people who are the same.

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 03:41 PM
so then they're regular people just like everyone else

if rich people have happy and depressed people just like every other classification of human beings then obviously money didn't buy them any more happiness

Ok, so how does that change the point?...behind door #1 is depression and wealth. Behind door #2 is depression and poverty.

Which door are you going to open?

mouse
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Ok, so how does that change the point?...behind door #1 is depression and wealth. Behind door #2 is depression and poverty.

Which door are you going to open?

Door #3

http://img.timeinc.net/time/2010/poy_2010/poy_mz/poy_cover_z_1215.jpg

Nick Manning
05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Door #3

http://img.timeinc.net/time/2010/poy_2010/poy_mz/poy_cover_z_1215.jpg

I wonder if those are his real eyes

Kyle Orton
05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
mouse would be on the side that money isn't important

DMC
05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
so then they're regular people just like everyone else

Except when they put their pants on, they make gold records.

if rich people have happy and depressed people just like every other classification of human beings then obviously money didn't buy them any more happiness

Would you be happy if you won the lottery? Problem solved.

DMC
05-15-2011, 04:40 PM
yeah but i wouldn't start acting like a jackass, i'd be happy i had enough to cover the necessities and put the rest in some sort of investment. you know what's the only things that would change if i won the lottery?

1) pay off school loans
2) buy a boat and fish more
3) buy my parents a house

wouldn't change a whole lot for me

That's how happiness goes though. It's not a complete state of being. It's categorized. You are basically happy now with some basic needs being met but you would prefer to have an easier row to hoe if that were possible.

It's not going to fix inside issues. It's going to fix a shit load of outside ones though.

The boat thing comes with it's own set of issues. :D

Imagine waking up tomorrow and knowing you can fly to Costa Rica if you want and rooster fish, and you can be there in high style as long as you like. You can go from there to Belize and fish for tarpon or charter a float plane, go out to the cay and bone fish for a week. The little hotel there cooks your catch if you like and serves it to you on the beach, a beach only float planes and boats reach.

You can do that anytime you wish, and you can take whomever you want that wants to go.

That's just for starters.

Money is good.

Axe Murderer
05-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I didn't think it was possible to divert the attention away from kw in his own thread.