PDA

View Full Version : The Beaver...welcome back Mel Gibson

Nick Manning
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Just saw this preview on TV. It's good to see Mel back, he's been gone too long. I wonder if he's playing himself in this film...

ttv-gvOzaPw

Fpoonsie
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Even with all the bullshit, I've remained a big fan.

Movie looks good. Can't be any worse than Edge of Darkness...*knock-knock-knock*

redzero
05-12-2011, 10:57 PM

Movie looks good. Can't be any worse than Edge of Darkness...*knock-knock-knock*

You didn't like the part when Mel forced that guy to drink irradiated milk?

Fpoonsie
05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
You didn't like the part when Mel forced that guy to drink irradiated milk?

The scene showed promise, OBVIOUSLY, but...

Nick Manning
05-12-2011, 11:00 PM

The bullshit made me a bigger fan, tbh. He's a straight-shooter, can't hate on that.

DMC
05-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah it was kinda "Ransom"ish for awhile. I really like the role of the hitman in that one... he could carry a supporting role I am sure.

CubanSucks
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
crazy that Mel might actually break through all the controversy, especially considering he committed the ULTIMATE hollywood sin: antisemitic remarks

DMC
05-12-2011, 11:57 PM
crazy that Mel might actually break through all the controversy, especially considering he committed the ULTIMATE hollywood sin: antisemitic remarks
But Jews like money and Mel is a cash cow.

PM5K
05-13-2011, 07:01 AM
I've never given a shit about what actors do in their personal lives. I put down money to see them act, not give two shits about what causes they support (on the good side) or however many bitches they slap around (on the bad side).

desflood
05-13-2011, 08:29 AM
It feels strange to say this, but I never saw the drunken, raving lunatic we heard on the tapes as the "real" Mel Gibson. Even now, he strikes me as a great actor and filmmaker whose alcoholism derailed his personal and professional life, but not as a bad person. I may be either fooled or plain delusional, but I'm still a fan.

mrsmaalox
05-13-2011, 09:42 AM
It feels strange to say this, but I never saw the drunken, raving lunatic we heard on the tapes as the "real" Mel Gibson. Even now, he strikes me as a great actor and filmmaker whose alcoholism derailed his personal and professional life, but not as a bad person. I may be either fooled or plain delusional, but I'm still a fan.

This is how I feel also, I don't have problem with him and I hope this film does well for him.

My problem with this film will be the character played by Jodie Foster----she's just so unfeminine and unsexy to me, that I find myself unable to enjoy her in any role where she is the love interest.
But with her directing, I'd still expect it to be a decent flick.

ididnotnothat
05-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I think Mel's talent is truly behind the camera.