PDA

View Full Version : So Dirk did not make First Team All-NBA....

endrity
05-13-2011, 10:40 PM
.... cause chucker Durant did?!!!! This is completely unjustified, not after the season Dirk had shooting the ball, and especially when elite teams are showing they can rattle Durant quite easily. In no way is Durant right now a guy who is a better number one option for a team trying to win a championship than Dirk is.

He is only 22, and he is going to learn and get better, but as these playoffs have shown Dirk's level of mastery of his craft is way beyond KD. Don't let those regular seasons numbers build mostly on massive chucking change your mind.

badfish22
05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
dgaf tbh

endrity
05-13-2011, 10:43 PM
dgaf tbh

I do, I care about Dirk's legacy a lot. I took people a lot to realize that as good as he was in 06, he has gotten even better and not disappeared into obscurity as some fans thought. I want him to get the credit he deserves for a wonderful season he had.

san antonio spurs
05-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I do, I care about Dirk's legacy a lot. I took people a lot to realize that as good as he was in 06, he has gotten even better and not disappeared into obscurity as some fans thought. I want him to get the credit he deserves for a wonderful season he had.
You should care about him winning championships then, not first team honors...

badfish22
05-13-2011, 11:03 PM

He can't care about both, you dumb Canadian?

endrity
05-13-2011, 11:12 PM

:stupid:

Axe Murderer
05-13-2011, 11:37 PM

crofl

this is rich coming from the fan of a team who sticks a 3 point chucker at center, in order to protect Tim Duncan's reputation as the best PF ever

Mavillionaire
05-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Dirk = best pure shooter ever

dirk4mvp
05-13-2011, 11:39 PM
:lol san antonio spurs defies stupidity every time he posts.

Now watch him tell me and everyone else in this thread to act mature and grow up :lol

san antonio spurs
05-13-2011, 11:39 PM

:rollin

san antonio spurs
05-13-2011, 11:40 PM
:lol san antonio spurs defies stupidity every time he posts.

Now watch him tell me and everyone else in this thread to act mature and grow up :lol

:lol

san antonio spurs
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
crofl

this is rich coming from the fan of a team who sticks a 3 point chucker at center, in order to protect Tim Duncan's reputation as the best PF ever
As you might have noticed most spurs fans find that stupid...

Nathan89
05-14-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't know where dirk finished in the Mvp race but I thought all year he should at least be in the top 3. The Mavs fell apart when he got injured and he kept his team competitive when Butler got injured.

Then the playoffs came and he swept the defending champs without a second option to speak of. This really is an incredible feat. I have been very impressed by Dirk this playoffs and very unimpressed by Durant.

Dirk just didn't get the credit he deserves but hopefully he can ring this year and force people to give him credit. It really doesn't seem very likely, but I also thought the Lakers would have a easy series against the Mavs. It would be one of the single most impressive accomplishments by a player in Nba history beating the Heat with no second option.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I don't know where dirk finished in the Mvp race but I thought all year he should at least be in the top 3. The Mavs fell apart when he got injured and he kept his team competitive when Butler got injured.

Then the playoffs came and he swept the defending champs without a second option to speak of. This really is an incredible feat. I have been very impressed by Dirk this playoffs and very unimpressed by Durant.

Dirk just didn't get the credit he deserves but hopefully he can ring this year and force people to give him credit. It really doesn't seem very likely, but I also thought the Lakers would have a easy series against the Mavs. It would be one of the single most impressive accomplishments by a player in Nba history beating the Heat with no second option.

Derrick Rose for the win. :toast

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree this was a travesty.

It's not just raw numbers or advanced stats that necessarily lead to the conclusion that Dirk is a far superior player than Durant. I mean, I know most sports fans have an unremittingly inimical aversion to using stats to compare players. It's weary-eyed, confirmation bias-prone hand wavy "gut feelings" and "just watch the game you can't encompass all of that into numbers" that constitute the real method by which we determine certain players to be superior.

Even if you follow the latter approach, I'm curious if there are any non-OKC fans who would prefer building a team around Durant over Dirk.

I can only speak for myself personally, but every time I see Dirk shoot the ball I feel like it's going in. I am comfortable with every shot he takes. Threes, twos, free throws, off balance, on balance, it doesn't matter, I feel like Dirk is going to make every shot he hoists up. I feel like Dirk will make the most intelligent and optimal decision whenever he has the ball (shoot, pass to the open man, dribble hard to the rim, etc.)

I don't feel that way with Durant. Not even close. Every 3 I see him chucking up I expect him to miss. Every time I see his lanky ass drive to the basket I feel like he's going to end up taking an ill-advised shot. Every time I see him flailing his arms in the air I feel like I'm watching a manufactured superstar who's given arbitrary preference from the referees by virtue of his manufactured reputation.

There's nothing manufactured about Dirk. He doesn't live at the free throw line. He doesn't rely on foul calls in his favor to score points. He doesn't rely on obviously subjective and inconsistent play calling by the refs to produce superstar-level numbers.

I consider Westbrook to be not so far from Durant. Consider that Dirk has no one even close to the level of Westbrook to "fall back on," and despite this difference I am far more confident that this Mavericks team can win a championship this year than I am with OKC.

Dirk should have been All NBA 1st team.

mabrignani
05-14-2011, 02:21 AM
as a kid i traded a dirk rookie card to a mavs fan friend for a tim duncan rookie card.
one of the best decisions ive ever made

TE
05-14-2011, 02:26 AM
It's pretty much the type of shit the NBA is trying to sell off to the casual observer.

Everyone and anyone who knows a little more than a casual observer would agree that Dirk not being first team All-NBA is fucking stupid.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Meh, KD is a more prettier type shot shooter, so there. :p:

Barney Stinson
05-14-2011, 05:00 AM

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller might want to have a word with you.

endrity
05-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I agree this was a travesty.

It's not just raw numbers or advanced stats that necessarily lead to the conclusion that Dirk is a far superior player than Durant. I mean, I know most sports fans have an unremittingly inimical aversion to using stats to compare players. It's weary-eyed, confirmation bias-prone hand wavy "gut feelings" and "just watch the game you can't encompass all of that into numbers" that constitute the real method by which we determine certain players to be superior.

Even if you follow the latter approach, I'm curious if there are any non-OKC fans who would prefer building a team around Durant over Dirk.

I can only speak for myself personally, but every time I see Dirk shoot the ball I feel like it's going in. I am comfortable with every shot he takes. Threes, twos, free throws, off balance, on balance, it doesn't matter, I feel like Dirk is going to make every shot he hoists up. I feel like Dirk will make the most intelligent and optimal decision whenever he has the ball (shoot, pass to the open man, dribble hard to the rim, etc.)

I don't feel that way with Durant. Not even close. Every 3 I see him chucking up I expect him to miss. Every time I see his lanky ass drive to the basket I feel like he's going to end up taking an ill-advised shot. Every time I see him flailing his arms in the air I feel like I'm watching a manufactured superstar who's given arbitrary preference from the referees by virtue of his manufactured reputation.

There's nothing manufactured about Dirk. He doesn't live at the free throw line. He doesn't rely on foul calls in his favor to score points. He doesn't rely on obviously subjective and inconsistent play calling by the refs to produce superstar-level numbers.

I consider Westbrook to be not so far from Durant. Consider that Dirk has no one even close to the level of Westbrook to "fall back on," and despite this difference I am far more confident that this Mavericks team can win a championship this year than I am with OKC.

Dirk should have been All NBA 1st team.

word!

Dirk´s tounge
05-14-2011, 06:29 AM
"According to NBA.com’s Stats Cube, the Mavericks' clutch net rating (points per 100 possessions) in the playoffs is plus 73.91. That dwarfs their outstanding regular season clutch net rating of plus 25.12.

“Well, it helps to have Dirk,” Jason Kidd said. “When you have a go-to guy, nobody panics. You kind of welcome that atmosphere and that stage. We always are under control and try to make the right play. It helps to be able to go to a guy like Dirk who really welcomes that stage.”

Nowitzki has 32 points and no turnovers during those 19 clutch minutes. His true shooting percentage (which factors in the value of free throws and 3-pointers) during that time is an off-the-charts 82.5."

05-14-2011, 06:45 AM
dirk should have won the MVP. not even getting 1st all NBA is a travesty.

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 08:07 AM

...without a ring.

endrity
05-14-2011, 08:21 AM
...without a ring.

i know you are just trolling, but still.....

4 - 0 !!!!

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 08:25 AM
i know you are just trolling, but still.....

4 - 0 !!!!

O & Forever!

dirk4mvp
05-14-2011, 08:26 AM
culbear, still salty from that GD skunker not even a week ago!

lmcontrollinao!!!

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Psssssssssstttt......2006.

endrity
05-14-2011, 10:53 AM
2004, 2008, 2011

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 11:29 AM
2004, 2008, 2011

O & Forever!

endrity
05-14-2011, 12:28 PM
4 - 0

DMC
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
All NBA teams are like the last thing mentioned in career highlights.

dunkman
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Dirk is between the best and top 3 player of the NBA since some time, but Durant logged more minutes, took more field goal attempts and had better stats. It's different thing to score in the playoffs than in regular season, it shows there who's the actually the better player.

However, it's an regular season honor, so perhaps Durant and LeBron deserved the first team. Dirk had his minutes managed this season.

Kobe made the first all-nba team instead of Wade, and that's a travesty. Howard instead of Love is another.

Jodelo
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
...without a ring.

Because he did not play against the Lakers more often...

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Because he did not play against the Lakers more often...

I don't qualify 'em. I just tote up the raw cyphers.

And Dirk ain't got diddly squat.

DMC
05-14-2011, 06:16 PM
That's some heap a good cypherin' you do there Culby.

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 06:19 PM
- "I do know that I am very happy about the Spurs season this year. I wasn't disappointed at the loss to Memphis"

- Easy D

Ah...ain't that sweet.

Ashy Larry
05-14-2011, 07:15 PM
dirk is a pimp

but dude is sounding like Kobe fan

dude1394
05-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Dirk doesn't give a rat's behind.