PDA

View Full Version : Would Aaron Brooks be a good fit with Lakers?

Ari Gold
05-14-2011, 06:53 PM
He is a free agent this summer, should the Lakers sign him to replace that old piece of shit Fisher?

Brooks/Fisher
Kobe/Brown
Artest/Barnes
Gasol/Caracter;Smith?
Howard/Ratliff

Trade Blake for a back-up PF or C. Lakers champs again

benefactor
05-14-2011, 06:56 PM
He's a helluva lot better than what they have. He'd be a decent stopgap for now.

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
The Suns are so desperate to make the Brooks trade look better than the giant abortion it was so don't count on them letting him leave. I can't wait to see the albatross contract fat faggot Lon Babby gives him.

Isitjustme?
05-14-2011, 06:59 PM
The Suns are so desperate to make the Brooks trade look better than the giant abortion it was so don't count on them letting him leave. I can't wait to see the albatross contract fat faggot Lon Babby gives him.

I never understood that trade or even heard a good argument for it.

Kyle Orton
05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Suns fans loved it, then again Suns fans have an affinity for loving retarded things (like lottery teams).

djohn2oo8
05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Brooks would be a good pickup depending on if his attitude has improved.

The Pros - Shoots the hell out of the ball, is a very streaky shooter, ability to create his own shot. Penetrates the lane very well

The Cons - NO defense, is not a true PG, cannot distribute the ball well, tends to let the game get into his head

Technique
05-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Shit. Might as well get Monta Ellis.

kamikazi_player
05-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Anybody who replaces fisher or Blake is an upgrade for the lakers, would it be a good fit? I don't see why not, it's not like the lakers have a true PG anyways. He might hurt them on the defensive end, but fisher is past his prime anyways and plays little to no d nowadays.

The Franchise
05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Anybody who replaces fisher or Blake is an upgrade for the lakers, would it be a good fit? I don't see why not, it's not like the lakers have a true PG anyways. He might hurt them on the defensive end, but fisher is past his prime anyways and plays little to no d nowadays.

Fisher plays prime Jordan D compared to Aaron. He'll give you 25-30 points here and there, but he'll make the other point look like an allstar most nights.

kamikazi_player
05-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Fisher plays prime Jordan D compared to Aaron. He'll give you 25-30 points here and there, but he'll make the other point look like an allstar most nights.

U have a quick PG that can penetrate, neither fisher, Brooks or Blake can defend that, so really its not an issue. If we want to account for all around game, Brooks will be the best option that they had at the PG position for a while

DJ Mbenga
05-14-2011, 09:58 PM
if blake or fisher suddenly retires sure. but they aint going anywhere, cant give brooks that much dough to be a 3rd stringer or make a guy with 3 years left into a 3rd stringer

Giuseppe
05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
^DJ, carrying his Lakers Brothers water of a Saturday evening.

God bless ya, boy.

dirk4mvp
05-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Shit. Might as well get Monta Ellis.

This post makes no sense. Aaron Brooks and Monta Ellis are not on the same level.

Lizard_King
05-15-2011, 12:40 AM
:lol suns

rayjayjohnson
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
:lol spurs

Venti Quattro
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
no

Kai
05-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Brooks is restricted, no way PHX lets him go. It would essentially be Dragic and a 1st for less than half a season w/ Brooks. Not to mention the fact that they definitely wouldn't let him walk to the Lakers of all teams.

Technique
05-15-2011, 02:02 AM
This post makes no sense. Aaron Brooks and Monta Ellis are not on the same level.

Lakers already have a ball hogging chucker. If you're going to get one at PG, go with Ellis.

100%duncan
05-15-2011, 03:43 AM
:lol spurs
:lol gangbangged by 41 nikkas everynight

dirk4mvp
05-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Lakers already have a ball hogging chucker. If you're going to get one at PG, go with Ellis.

Remind me not to read your posts anymore, like anybody does in the first place.

Technique
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Remind me not to read your posts anymore, like anybody does in the first place.

That story bro.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I never understood that trade or even heard a good argument for it.

The argument was Dragic seemed to regress (which if you pro-rate his stats this and last year, isn't really true), and the brass suspected that with a lockout, he'd return to Europe and never come back, so they felt compelled to get some form of value for this unfounded expectation, and a Dragic for Brooks straight up would have been solid enough. Then Sarver stepped in and said, "Hey, I can't have two 1sts in one draft, can I? I can? FUCK THAT! Send them a 1st now so I don't look like a douche on draft night when I select either a fucktard nobody player like Clark, or sell it off and pocket the savings."

You don't need sense when discussing Robert fucking Sarver.

I was pissed because, like Gortat, Brooks was/could have been a Suns selection years back with their 1sts, but the selection (Gortat) or pick that could have been the selection (Brooks) were traded for cash. Suns should have had both Gortat and Brooks the last four seasons. They have Gortat, at least, last year's Western Finals are a hell of a lot more interesting as Brooks' injured back wouldn't have likely mattered. Oh well... Fuck Sarver.

dirk4mvp
05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
That story bro.

lol Amare the best PF in the league

lol new york spur fan