PDA

View Full Version : Leon Valley Elementary

desflood
06-09-2005, 01:13 PM
My oldest starts school this coming fall and I was hoping one or two of the parents in here lived in Leon Valley and knew something about the school? I can go look at the school, but I'd also like some parental input about the real "goings on".

Shelly
06-09-2005, 01:39 PM
I think Leon Valley is okay. I've never heard anything bad about it It's a recognized school. My youngest goes to Braun Station.

http://www.nisd.net/schools/ratings/

ObiwanGinobili
06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I lived in Leon Valley for 2 years but don't ahve kids old enough to go to school.
I do have a friend w/ 5 kids that go to that school and it's great. She loves it.
It's almost a "small town" school.
Also the local buisnesses in leon valley go out of thier way to donate and help out.
Walgreens usually offers free halloween or christmas photos.

FromWayDowntown
06-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I attended Leon Valley Elementary when the new version first opened back in like 1980 (when I started school, Leon Valley Elem. was the school on the corner of Bandera and Grissom; that's now the Mackey School). I have no idea what it's like anymore, but when I was there, it was a great place filled with great people and really good teachers.

FWIW, I was also in the first group to attend Braun Station, back in like 1982 (IIRC). We lived on some wierd boundary when I was a kid; while I was in elementary school we never moved, but I somehow went through 3 different campuses.