PDA

View Full Version : Hate to admit it....

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
But this Bulls team would absolutely shit on the Lakers...mitch definitely needs to make a move.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Dude...gasol would totally be ineffective against this team. 2008 all over again

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Sometimes the best move is the one not made. If Gasol and/or Bynum is traded, it will be a big mistake

Killakobe81
05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Dude...gasol would totally be ineffective against this team. 2008 all over again

I agree ...sorta. We are not far. But close don't count either. To win we need to swap for a "hungrier" younger star to add with Kobe.

Killakobe81
05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Sometimes the best move is the one not made. If Gasol and/or Bynum is traded, it will be a big mistake

Disagree. It depends on who we get back ...

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Disagree. It depends on who we get back ...

You could trade one or both of them for Howard and Arenas, and still have a shitty bench

NRHector
05-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Lakers and Spurs tbh

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 10:06 PM
You could trade one or both of them for Howard and Arenas, and still have a shitty bench

come on now..fisher...haha

Howard > Bynumm or Gasol

NewJerSpur
05-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I know the Magic are dying to get rid of Arenas' contract but if they get Bynum or Gasol in a swap for Howard attendance is going to dip MIGHTILY. Better off selling your soul and trying to secure CP3 who's already halfway out the door in NO. GET'RE DONE OTIS!!

GuerillaBlack
05-15-2011, 10:11 PM

This.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 10:12 PM
so we have a shitty bench...doesnt mean we dont improve

Nathan89
05-15-2011, 10:12 PM
It would probably look something like that Pistons series.

IronMexican
05-15-2011, 10:14 PM
If it's a no brainer like Pau for Howard, you obviously pull it.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 10:16 PM
come on now..fisher...haha

Howard > Bynumm or Gasol

You're missing the point. Sure Howard is better than either one of those two, but you have to give up alot to get him, to which you have no bench already, and possibly having to give up Odom, the most consistent player off the bench. The Lakers will still be the favorites in the West next year, and at this stage of Kobe's career, you add to what you have, not subtract. Tweaks to the bench, a little more depth, and they'll be right back in the finals

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
If it's a no brainer like Pau for Howard, you obviously pull it.

What about Pau AND Bynum?

Killakobe81
05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
You're missing the point. Sure Howard is better than either one of those two, but you have to give up alot to get him, to which you have no bench already, and possibly having to give up Odom, the most consistent player off the bench. The Lakers will still be the favorites in the West next year, and at this stage of Kobe's career, you add to what you have, not subtract. Tweaks to the bench, a little more depth, and they'll be right back in the finals

Fixing the bench may be tough but we shall see. Like i said we are not that fa r ...but not that close as constituted ... we make the moves you say, then maybe.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
tweaks to the bench...you gonna switch fisher with Blake? The bench wasnt our only problem...gasol was pussified and fisher got old over night...dont forget ron artest with his 25% shooting.

IronMexican
05-15-2011, 10:20 PM
What about Pau AND Bynum?

No, I don't do it. But that's probably what it would take. I wouldn't do it, though. One or the other. Throw in some cheap expiring like Luke if it helps.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
so we have a shitty bench...doesnt mean we dont improve

Never said that they wouldn't improve in other ways, just that trading both Gasol and Bynum would not improve the team.

NewcastleKEG
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Few issues

- Lakers face the problem that all teams with consistent success do; players are now older and thus overpaid

- Agreed trading BOTH Gasol & Bynum is too much of a price even for Howard but team has no maneuvering space OR valuable trade bait without dealing one of them. They could wait for Bynum to walk next summer (if they choose) but he's the younger and less expensive piece

- IMO Lakers have 3 choices
1)Try and trade Gasol & Odom to Magic and hope Arenas gets in line with this Laker team. Because even at his price tag he is still an improvement over Fish & Blake

2)Somehow try to deal for Paul or Deron Williams. This is basically a dream

3)Go into the season next year with the same team and put the focus on summer of 2012 although that doesn't really solve the issue IF Gasol doesn't straighten out

Basically the control is out of the Lakers hands. They need to catch a break from another club in a trade OR a free agent that is desperate for a ring opportunity

ElNono
05-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Lakeshow has other pressing questions too, like who's gonna be the coach?

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 10:24 PM
tweaks to the bench...you gonna switch fisher with Blake? The bench wasnt our only problem...gasol was pussified and fisher got old over night...dont forget ron artest with his 25% shooting.

You really shouldn't worry about that, some dumbass owner (cough, Michael Jordan) would probably take some of those bad contracts for real talent. Watch Stephen Jackson end up with the Lakers or some shit like that

IronMexican
I don't see NJ letting go of that overrated PG. Paul would be a dream, though. Maybe NO wants to get something out of him before he bolts.

NewcastleKEG
No, I don't do it. But that's probably what it would take. I wouldn't do it, though. One or the other. Throw in some cheap expiring like Luke if it helps.
The price for Howard is steep

Gasol or Bynum + Odom and your taking Arenas' contract

NRHector
if Howard goes to the Lakers will Phil Jackson come out of retirement just to get another easy ring?

IronMexican
05-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Fisher got old over night? He was decent in the 2007-2008 regular season(or maybe anyone looked decent compared to Smush Parker), and he totally sucked once the post-season started. He was getting dominated by Williams in the WCSF that year and it almost went 7 cause of him. In 2009 he was terrible the entire year, and he redeemed himself with that three pointer. Last year he was terrible in the regular season, but played surprisingly well in the post-season. And this year, he just sucked ass. It was expected.

IronMexican
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
The price for Howard is steep

Gasol or Bynum + Odom and your taking Arenas' contract

I'd do Gasol and Odom in a heartbeat. Arenas is a wildcard and looks done, but whatever.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
-Get a real backup PG, or a starting one
- Find a sucker to take Artest's and Blakes contracts
- Pre injury Barnes will definitely help you guys
- Send Gasol to the tree of woe and whip his ass into a MAN

NewcastleKEG
05-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd do Gasol and Odom in a heartbeat. Arenas is a wildcard and looks done, but whatever.
Bynum & Howard gonna go well together? Not really. They are both similar players

Plus I dunno if Magic do the deal with the meltdown Gasol had and his 17 million a year contract

IronMexican
05-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Bynum & Howard gonna go well together? Not really. They are both similar players

Plus I dunno if Magic do the deal with the meltdown Gasol had and his 17 million a year contract

I don't care if it sounds like it wont work. It's Dwight and Bynum.

I don't think they'd go for it either. He's damaged goods. A pussy.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't do bynum and gasol together, but id do one with lamar.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2011, 11:04 PM
If you get dwight and bynum, you'd just trade bynum for something else

Cessation
05-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Lakers are done, gasol is clearly over the hill, so he won't be able to carry bean to championships anymore. You'd have to make a trade on the level of the "gasol collusion" get get back into it. With overblown scrub contracts like, blake and walton, good luck with that.

Venti Quattro
05-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Chicago 4-1

GoodOdor
05-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Hook up gasol with dirk's ex(use dr.buss connection to get her out of jail) - gasol problem solved.

That leaves getting a decent point guard and serviceable bench players. Doable.

Baron Davιs
05-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Honestly you're lucky to have what u won the past 3 years.

Last year; barring injury to Perkins Boston would of won that game 7.

Prior in 09 the KG injury primarily, also injuries to Yao/Jameer helped bring the first title.

and in '08 the Gasol robbery trade helped catapult from first rd fodder to elite status.

So be thankful what'd u had thus far. Much luck has gone your way, Laker fans

21_Blessings
05-16-2011, 03:47 AM
All the Lakers have to do is trade the Big Spanish Vag and they'll be good for another 2-3 Finals appearances.

The Spurs and Celtics though? :lmao

The only trade-able assest the Spurs have is a sex criminal getting paid minimal money. Good luck with that.

NewJerSpur
05-16-2011, 04:06 AM
All the Lakers have to do is trade the Big Spanish Vag and they'll be good for another 2-3 Finals appearances.

The only trade-able assest the Spurs have is a sex criminal getting paid minimal money. Good luck with that.

:sleep

LnGrrrR
05-16-2011, 04:16 AM

:lol Good one. Did you hear the one about the priest and the rabbi?

Tinystarz
05-16-2011, 07:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fSBFsgjfCvM/TaN7q5oVr_I/AAAAAAAAAwI/eRul19a3mr4/s400/angry-birds-holiday_news.jpg

Giuseppe
05-16-2011, 07:42 AM

tee, hee.

Leetonidas
05-16-2011, 07:49 AM

Ironic considering the Lakers have the most untradeable sex criminal in the league making 30 million a season. Good luck with that. :lmao

Also the Spurs have plenty of assets...young players (Hill/Blair/Neal) on cheap contracts to pair with shitty players (RJ/Bonner) with crap contracts or a good player with a reasonable contract (Parker).

Giuseppe
05-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Team: San Antonio Spurs

:lmao

Ashy Larry
05-16-2011, 09:21 AM
if Howard goes to the Lakers will Phil Jackson come out of retirement just to get another easy ring?

wouldnt be another easy ring .... they'd become the worst free throw shooting team in the league and still have shitty perimeter defense .......

Ashy Larry
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/1%20Draft%20n%20Trade/Sign%20n%20Trade/f0919e3a.jpg

They should play for PHX .... they'd fit right in

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 09:29 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/1%20Draft%20n%20Trade/Sign%20n%20Trade/f0919e3a.jpg

They should play for PHX .... they'd fit right in

:lol

picc84
05-16-2011, 09:41 AM
The frontcourt is not the problem. The backcourt is. We are slow, old, and there are no shooters there.

Gasol/Odom/Bynum should not be touched, unless you can get Dwight Howard. Kobe obviously can't be touched. Anyone else should be expendable to get some athletes and shooters in the backcourt.

People who can dunk in the open court and hit wide open three-pointers....pretty much the bare minimum of whats required from NBA players, yet the Laker backcourt can't do it.

jjktkk
05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Team: San Antonio Spurs

:lmao

A painful end to this Laker's run for the cubby.

Giuseppe
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
A painful end to this Laker's run for the cubby.

Perhaps, but,

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

will see me thru.

djohn2oo8
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Perhaps, but,

will see me thru.
http://bit.ly/mAG0gG

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Perhaps, but,

will see me thru.

Don't buy into it Cul.

Lakeshow run isn't over and they know. Why is it that they are so fascinated and obsessed with it? I'll tell ya; it's because their demise is certified.

Our sunrise is guaranteed. They won a LOB 4 years ago. They are done. Lakers got it 11 months ago.

Riddler
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Don't buy into it Cul.

Lakeshow run isn't over and they know. Why is it that they are so fascinated and obsessed with it? I'll tell ya; it's because their demise is certified.

Our sunrise is guaranteed. They won a LOB 4 years ago. They are done. Lakers got it 11 months ago.

Your sun is setting too. Kobe aint gettin any younger, or passing the ball

Giuseppe
05-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Don't buy into it Cul.

What, me worry?
http://www.leconcombre.com/concpost/us/postcard4/alfred_e_neuman.jpg

jacobdrj
05-16-2011, 10:28 AM
IMHO, unless the Lakers get either Noah or Howard back (i.e. a defensive big), a trade should not be made. However, I think Fisher is absolutely killing them, providing limited offense and zero defense. They need a pure shooter for the triangle (assuming they still run that with the next coach). For example, Ben Gordon. I have no idea how they would acquire a guy like that, but that is what they need IMHO...

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Your sun is setting too. Kobe aint gettin any younger, or passing the ball

:nope nah.......

Just need a "serviceable" Kobe. Don't need a 27-28 year old Kobe these days.
He's on the downswing of his peak but in the peak nonetheless.

Keep thinkiing otherwise basketball fans.

picc84
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Kobe's nowhere near his peak. And his prime ended years ago, though he's dropping from such a high place that he's still a top 6-10 player.

I want to see what the summer off does for him. He won't have surgery, and he said he can just focus on strengthening the knee instead of recovering from the injury. I think he'll look better next season.

cheguevara
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Kobe Bryant: NO TRADE CLAUSE

:lol Lakers = fucked

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Kobe's nowhere near his peak. And his prime ended years ago, though he's dropping from such a high place that he's still a top 6-10 player.

I want to see what the summer off does for him. He won't have surgery, and he said he can just focus on strengthening the knee instead of recovering from the injury. I think he'll look better next season.

agree, to an extent. he's still elite or a tad below elite but to put him at 6-10 top player means that his decline is not as significant as you think.
he's just right there where the graph just begins to slope and nowhere near the base.

:tu

Giuseppe
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM

http://www.s9.com/images/portraits/23886_Piccolo-Brian.jpg

jacobdrj
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM

With the trio of biggs the Lakers have on the roster right now, there is no need for Kobe to be great. Very good, perhaps, but not great.

They need to fill their gaping hole at PG. They need some kind of depth at SF...

Guards are a dime-a-dozen. Almost any NBA guard is better than D-Fish right now. Almost and NBA SF currently on a roster would provide some relief for the SF situation (should that SF get PT).

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
With the trio of biggs the Lakers have on the roster right now, there is no need for Kobe to be great. Very good, perhaps, but not great.

They need to fill their gaping hole at PG. They need some kind of depth at SF...

Guards are a dime-a-dozen. Almost any NBA guard is better than D-Fish right now. Almost and NBA SF currently on a roster would provide some relief for the SF situation (should that SF get PT).

Good take Jacob :tu

Please forward your comments to other nimrods in this thread that insist that this is not the case.

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.s9.com/images/portraits/23886_Piccolo-Brian.jpg

Cully?

..would that be Brian Piccolo (sp?)
explain the reference.....

cheguevara
05-16-2011, 12:54 PM

NBA where almost anything will get you a championship.

wake up. almost anything MIGHT make the lakers a better team. But they got bukkaked in 4 games by Dallas. Almost anything will not make them anywhere near championship caliber

they would need a superstar a la CP3, Deron to resurrect them.(which is not gonna happen) Otherwise it's Holocaust v. 2.0 and so on

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 01:01 PM

wake up. almost anything MIGHT make the lakers a better team. But they got bukkaked in 4 games by Dallas. Almost anything will not make them anywhere near championship caliber

they would need a superstar a la CP3, Deron to resurrect them.(which is not gonna happen) Otherwise it's Holocaust v. 2.0 and so on

you keep telling yourself that....

you are making it sound like the Dallas series was the proverbial last nail in the coffin when in fact it's not. quite frustrating, if you ask me...:bang

your just hatin to hate that's all.

for every article and analysis you read defining the Lakers ultiamte demise, there are 5 after that one that conclude a re-tooling is all that is needed from better b-ball minds than yours or mine.

just stop

Cry Havoc
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM

you are making it sound like the Dallas series was the proverbial last nail in the coffin when in fact it's not. quite frustrating, if you ask me...:bang

for every article and analysis you read defining the Lakers ultiamte demise, there are 5 after that one that conclude a re-tooling is all that is needed from better b-ball minds than yours or mine.

just stop

Really, the Lakers biggest problem right now might be finding a coach that knows how to teach good defense, be patient with Bynum/Artest when they do stupid shit, and still be competent enough to get the team to flow together and work well within an offensive scheme.

The Lakers are far from done. They aren't a sinking ship by any means. However, the kitchen/crew quarters are on fire and they don't exactly have ballast control right now. It's a pretty tedious situation unless they can make a huge trade.

cheguevara
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM

just stop

what retooling? use your logic. Jackson is gone. Fisher is washed up, Kobe is only good for 1 series tops, Artest is a shell of himself, So is Pau. Bynum is more mediocre/injured than good. Barnes/Brown/Blake and the rest of the bench(except Odom) are the laughingstock of the league. Most have ridiculous salaries so itd be hard to trade them.

those above are FACTS. not assumptions. FACTS.

Now, even in the best case scenario where Pau gets back his groove. This team still not smelling WCF next year.

All lakerfans can hang onto is some delusional trade scenarios. Fine whatever helps you sleep at night. But when reality arises and next season comes along and the same sorry ass team trots down the court led by geriatric Fisher and arthritic bag of shit Kobe. It will probably finally sink in, the Lakers are done.

jacobdrj
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM

The Lakers were a very high seed in the Regular Season. They have had great success (3 straight finals appearances, the last 2 ending as champions) in the Post Season, until this season with a very similar roster. Obviously age is a factor for all people/players, however, not every player on the Lakers are geriatrics.

Kobe played adequately. Pau played below his level, but that is more of an aberration to his career. Everyone has slumps. The other bigs played adequately/well.

The fact remains that while D-Fish may have had 'something' in the tank last season, his team-mates were a bit younger, and could still cover for him because of the dominence of the bigmen and the fundimental workings of the Triangle offense...

HOWEVER, the age has cause the other players to slip. There is NO EXCUSE the Lakers can't replace D-Fish with some rookie/minimum contract platyer from the D-League. At least they would get some defense out of the PG position, and maybe even some athleticism that would have greatly reduced the pressure on Kobe/Pau/Artest/Odom/Bynum...

AND P-Jax, (unlike some other coaches) generally develops his bench, even when they are less talented than that of other teams...

They need to fill the hole at PG. Plain and simple. It is so glaringly obvious. Had ANYONE with a PULSE played for D-Fish against Dallas, they would have made it a series... The Lakers were playing 4-on-5 and still made it to the 2nd round...

In a 7 game series, a quality coach with good talent can exploit glaring holes you wouldn't otherwise be able to examine in a regular season match-up over an 82 game season...

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
what retooling? use your logic. Jackson is gone. Fisher is washed up, Kobe is only good for 1 series tops, Artest is a shell of himself, So is Pau. Bynum is more mediocre/injured than good. Barnes/Brown/Blake and the rest of the bench(except Odom) are the laughingstock of the league. Most have ridiculous salaries so itd be hard to trade them.

those above are FACTS. not assumptions. FACTS.

Now, even in the best case scenario where Pau gets back his groove. This team still not smelling WCF next year.

All lakerfans can hang onto is some delusional trade scenarios. Fine whatever helps you sleep at night. But when reality arises and next season comes along and the same sorry ass team trots down the court led by geriatric Fisher and arthritic bag of shit Kobe. It will probably finally sink in, the Lakers are done.

where did you read or from what source did you get that Kobe was good for 1 more series? Really che? generate the source (s) and I'll lay off

delusional Laker fans? I can't take away the series with Dallas. They slapped us silly and that's that. Throw the pie at my face but they were not the better team. sorry.

If any fan of any team has reasons to be optimistic for off-season "magical" trades, it's Laker fan. Don't get mad, those things just happen.

Cry Havoc
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
The Lakers were playing 4-on-5 and still made it to the 2nd round...

Against the Hornets? More like playing 4 on 2 with what that team could bring to the table.

cheguevara
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
where did you read or from what source did you get that Kobe was good for 1 more series? Really che? generate the source (s) and I'll lay off

see 2011 playoffs

TheMACHINE
05-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Tim Duncan = NO "NO TRADE CLAUSE"

Spurs = still wont trade him

:lol Spurs = dumbasses

djohn2oo8
05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Tim Duncan = NO "NO TRADE CLAUSE"

Spurs = still wont trade him

:lol Spurs = dumbasses

Lol trade him for what? Kobe will be making 30 million dollars late into his 30's :lol

TheManFromAcme
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
see 2011 playoffs

how in-depth of you....:lol

dunkman
05-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Perhaps another coach can get something from Barnes (if he picks his option) and Blake, those are serviceable bench players. Fisher is a liability on defense, but he's like Horry, and will be very difficult to replace adequately. He will be useful as second or third string PG.

SF rotation isn't bad with Artest, Barnes and Walton.

If Stern doesn't help the Lakers again, and if Howard doesn't demand to be traded for LA, as 'Melo forced the trade with the Knicks, it will be difficult for the Lakers to arrange a trade and still be good. Bynum, Gasol and Odom are still relatively young and by far the best bigman rotation in the league. However, Gasol seems to be too psychologically sensitive perhaps he will never recover the all-star form. He and Kobe make difference for the Lakers when the things get difficult.

Despite being over the cap, the Lakers have many options to land a better PG:
- They have many scouts and tend to pick good players in the draft.
- They have the trade exception from the VJJ trade.
- And they could use the MLE.
- Or arrange a trade.

The Mavs clearly outclassed the Lakers and that was without Butler, their starting SF, and a good bench player 'Bois. The Mavs will suffer when their superstar loses a step, since they have only one, right now whenever the Mavs really need to score they can go with Dirk and he always gets the points. And he's 33, as Kobe. The Lakers don't have a true superstar after Kobe, but with him differing more to the Lakers bigs will be a good thing for that team, because those players score with 1.50 points per FGA efficiency.

Baron Davιs
05-17-2011, 12:57 AM

Matt Barnes Key Player

Kobe best in league still :lol

Bynum finally healthy lakers get swept

Backdoor-sweep

Baron Davιs
05-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Perhaps, but,

will see me thru.

Jordan 6
Kobe 5.

ZING

TheManFromAcme
05-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Jordan 6
Kobe 5.

ZING

... shame on me for forgetting the dynasty that was the San Diego Clippers before they moved to L.A. :rolleyes

DMC
05-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Pau's girl likes to be shat upon I understand. Someone said she was covered in Brown just recently.