PDA

View Full Version : What's easier to raise: boy or a girl?

Andrew Cunanan
05-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Thinking about having a kid, for the first time in my life. There's plenty of parents on ST, so I would appreciate your input on the matter.

Sisk
05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
As a baby? As a pre-teen? Teen?

I can tell you one thing I know for sure (I have no children) is that girls are more expensive.

Andrew Cunanan
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM

I can tell you one thing I know for sure (I have no children) is that girls are more expensive.

The whole process. Birth to 18 y/o.

SpursWoman
05-16-2011, 07:37 PM

I don't think my daughter's love of shoes and jeans is any worse than all of that xbox stuff my son has to have ... they are both equally wallet draining. Of course, we haven't gotten to weddings yet. :lol

xellos88330
05-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Early years, girls are easier. Later years, the boys are.

mojorizen7
05-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Boys.
Because when you're raising a boy there's only 1 dick you've gotta worry about....where as when raising a girl you've got thousands of other dicks to worry about.

Sisk
05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't think my daughter's love of shoes and jeans is any worse than all of that xbox stuff my son has to have ... they are both equally wallet draining. Of course, we haven't gotten to weddings yet. :lol

It all depends on what you're buying, of course. But boys don't use tampons, make up, prom dresses, etc. Weddings instantly make boys cheaper :lol

Designer jeans (you might not buy them, but many girls kill for them) cost $100+. An XBOX is like $200-300. Difference is you only need one XBOX. In my family and many others the girls require the most money. Every case is different of course.

DMC
05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
There's no easy to either of them. It depends on how they handle the transition to tweener and to adult. Some are terrors. Some are mellow. It's not gender specific.

redzero
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Thinking about having a kid, for the first time in my life. There's plenty of parents on ST, so I would appreciate your input on the matter.

Do you plan on "redoing" it if the baby comes out the wrong sex?

Gutter92
05-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Wear socks, get drunk...100% chance it'll be a boy.

Try it, come back 6 months later and let us know how the little guy is doing.

Nick Manning
05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Wear socks, get drunk...100% chance it'll be a boy.

Try it, come back 6 months later and let us know how the little guy is doing.

:lmao

Harlem, with the goods

Nick Manning
05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Do you plan on "redoing" it if the baby comes out the wrong sex?

I bet Steve Nash wants a redo

ploto
05-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I would agree in general that girls are easier when they are younger but boys are easier as they get older. Guess it depends on how you define easier. If you like lots of activity, a little boy may not be so hard for you. If you like drama, then maybe a teenage girl may not be so draining for you.

Gutter92
05-17-2011, 01:15 AM
:lmao

Harlem, with the goods

I'm not Harlem, though thats a high compliment :toast

Does HH even post in the club?

Red Hawk #21
05-17-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm not Harlem, though thats a high compliment :toast

Does HH even post in the club?

Gutter, I still can't figure out why your sig cracks me up so much every time :lol

Leetonidas
05-17-2011, 07:55 AM
If you wanna chase around destructive little monsters but have fairly easy to manage teens, boy.

If you wanna raise a sweet little ball of sunshine that will turn into a rebellious whore as soon as some pimple faced faggot comes along and tells her he loves her so he can get into her panties, girl.

desflood
05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
So far my girl has been the easiest, but none of them are teens yet.

God help me, I just realized I'm going to have three teenagers all at once.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2011, 09:28 AM
So far my girl has been the easiest, but none of them are teens yet.

God help me, I just realized I'm going to have three teenagers all at once.

Ha, I have 3 teenagers all at once; it's really no worse than having 3 in diapers all at once ;)

So far, financially, they've all run pretty even. And as far as being easiest to raise, I haven't really seen much of a difference. My daughter, of course, has had the drama queen thing going pretty strong since before she was born, but 15 years later we've gotten used to it :lol

I just think it's easier for a parent to relate to the same sex child because we can understand the thinking. Before I had sons, male thought processes were quite a mystery to me----I wanted to know "why, why, WHY are they like that??" And after having sons, it's quite clear to me why----they are BORN that way!! :lol

But more than anything I've found that they all play off of whatever kind of energy I bring to the situation. So (generally speaking) if I keep my act mellow and groovy, everything stays pretty easy.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Whichever sex you end up with just remember they are gonna gonna cost you around a quarter million each before you are done if you try to do it right.

Shelly
05-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Since I only have boys, I'd say boys. My kids are pretty mellow and outside of some typical teen attitude, I've been very lucky.

SourCandy
05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
It all depends on what you're buying, of course. But boys don't use tampons, make up, prom dresses, etc. Weddings instantly make boys cheaper :lol

Designer jeans (you might not buy them, but many girls kill for them) cost $100+. An XBOX is like $200-300. Difference is you only need one XBOX. In my family and many others the girls require the most money. Every case is different of course.

plus everyone can use the xbox. designer jeans n tampons not so much :lol

SpursWoman
05-17-2011, 10:48 AM

What about all of the games & internet & cords & headsets & xbox live subscriptions & $50 games & "I need some points!"? :wow :lol

A lot of the "extra stuff" (like expensive jeans or $60 games) my kids buy themselves with money they earn from their report cards ... and unfortunately for us, they both are honor roll students. :lol

My daughter might have a slight edge on expenses (if you consider tampons expensive?) ... but since we haven't gotten to proms and weddings yet, they are pretty even. You have to consider things like hobbies & sports, too. They've both been in baseball/softball/basketball/soccer/band/football ... a lot of it's going to depend on that stuff, too. There are tons of options for prom dresses for <$300 (for my nephew's prom last weekend, my SIL ended spending over $200 for his tux, corsage, etc., BTW), which is what you can spend on a good baseball bat.

As far as temperment, my son as been mostly easy going from birth, my daughter has always been a handful in one way or another.

*shrugs*

Sportcamper
05-17-2011, 12:19 PM
The whole process. Birth to 18 y/o.
:lol :rollin :lol

Dude...Raising a girl does not end at 18...It is just beginning...

Gutter92
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
can anyone give me some price points on chastity belts?

you can make them at home, requires a baseball cup, nails and a jock strap.

JoeChalupa
05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I have two girls so I really can't say from experience but my guess is boys are easier.

Girasuck
05-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I have 2 girls and a boy...so far my son has been the easiest, by far.

frodo
05-17-2011, 07:06 PM
girls under 10 be easier to raise than boys of same ages imho, for kids of 0-10 ages girls are less likely to get hurt/sick. however it'd start to turn opposite once puberty begins imho. for ex. every girl will suffer a bleeding crotch monthly the following 30-40 years of her life.

males get old much faster then females whichs also da truth, after 60 imo los abuelos will crap out soon and die earlier than their spouses. in general the range of age when males > females is 10-60 imho.

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
From what I've read so far my suspicions are confirmed...girls are more difficult