PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bulls?..

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2011, 10:53 PM
The most boring team in the NBA?..

They're a great team, tbh, the way the refs allow them to play more physical D than the rest of the NBA is nice and all, but it makes the game very boring and methodical..

The NBA is about to enter a lockout, they need all the fan support they can get, especially from the casual fan..Chicago in the Finals would essentially guarantee a decline in fan interest IMO, and that can't be good for the NBA..

Bill_Brasky
05-16-2011, 10:56 PM
+1, any team with Boozer on it is gonna be boring and shitty to watch.

dirk4mvp
05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
:lol watching Wade and LeBron iso in the half court only to jack up an 18 ft fade way is alot more interesting.

Isitjustme?
05-16-2011, 11:06 PM
This is transparent...

Venti Quattro
05-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Got bored of seeing Taj Gibson dunking over the Heat frontline tbh

Leetonidas
05-16-2011, 11:14 PM
2/10

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2011, 11:15 PM
In all honesty, if Miami doesn't win the title, I don't really see how the NBA will bounce back from this, short-term..no-name, boring teams don't generate hype and interest, we can all agree on that, whether you hate the Heat or not..

Nick Manning
05-16-2011, 11:19 PM
I'll give you 48 hours for the new look :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I'll give you 48 hours for the new look :lol

:lol Nothing wrong with it, I appreciate a good mother, especially since mother's day was just a second ago..

JoeTait75
05-16-2011, 11:20 PM
So much for reading this forum at work.

Nick Manning
05-16-2011, 11:21 PM
:lol Nothing wrong with it, I appreciate a good mother, especially since mother's day was just a second ago..

tbh I thought those were mookie's

Ace
05-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I wholeheartedly agree...

Leetonidas
05-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice avatar minus the darkness of the nips

Bill_Brasky
05-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Sweet areolas, bro.

Cessation
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't mind some of that chocolate milk, tbh.

Technique
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I'd put them in the category of the Clippers, but a lot better obviously. It gets exciting when Rose and Griffin are on the floor respectively.

endrity
05-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Kind of hypocritical coming from a Spurs fan, don't you think?

Harlem Preach
05-16-2011, 11:48 PM
seriously its an embarrassment. lebron got hacked all game, while the stern's mvp is babied through the game. i dont know why people hate lebron. he is a great human being who knows public relations

Cessation
05-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Boozer sucks.

Technique
05-17-2011, 12:00 AM

If you think Parker and Ginobili are boring then you either don't enjoy basketball or are a hater. More likely the latter.

Nick Manning
05-17-2011, 12:09 AM
If you think Parker and Ginobili are boring then you either don't enjoy basketball or are a hater. More likely the latter.

Because who doesn't enjoy soccer flops in an NBA game...

endrity
05-17-2011, 12:22 AM

Well neither is Rose if that's what you mean.

The point is that at their peak the Spurs were very similar to the current Bulls, they used a stifling perimeter defense led by public enemy no.1 wherever he went a.k.a Bruce Bowen, and coupled it with strong inside presence. They usually played at a slow tempo, and liked to grind out wins with scores in the 80s and 90s. Heck, for all the great basketball it had from a purist point of view, the 05 Finals produced some incredibly boring basketball if you want showtime.

So as long they are using your model of success, don't hate.

TimDunkem
05-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Not a fan of choco-nips?

Cessation
05-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice job of slipping a titty, mother's day is a genious excuse.

LnGrrrR
05-17-2011, 12:35 AM

They're a great team, tbh, the way the refs allow them to play more physical D than the rest of the NBA is nice and all, but it makes the game very boring and methodical..

The NBA is about to enter a lockout, they need all the fan support they can get, especially from the casual fan..Chicago in the Finals would essentially guarantee a decline in fan interest IMO, and that can't be good for the NBA..

You are better than this Harlem.

Giuseppe
05-17-2011, 12:53 AM
They're a great team, tbh, the way the refs allow them to play more physical D than the rest of the NBA

Their coach set a precedent and the refs have honored it. Anybody coulda attempted it, but, they were too busy practicing 3's & flops. The Bulls saw a void and scrambled right into it.

Hoops Czar
05-17-2011, 01:15 AM

:lol Winning is boring. How prophetic.

Hoops Czar
05-17-2011, 01:18 AM
You are better than this Harlem.

Past tense... Harlem WAS better than this.

cobbler
05-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Not like it’s a surprise or anything. Defense wins championships and we all know coach Tib's resume. It's no coincidence that none of the heat players could get past the Celts in previous years or why they won’t get by the Bulls this year with their combined talents in South Beach. The defensive and more physical teams set the tone in the playoffs. The ridiculous calls the superstars get for the majority of the year thin out a bit. When you have the 2 players who get the most in the NBA on one team that can be problematic. When you consider all the above, the deeper bench the Bulls have, and the attitudes of two teams upon defeating their 2nd round opponent, it's hard to see how everyone can think the Heat are the superior team. It's not all dunks, crab dribbles, and grandstanding.

With that said, No worries about the NBA. There are quite a few teams developing with lots of athleticism and exciting young players. The Lakers will be back next year with a new coach and possibly a big trade or two keeping the media happy and content with developing new twists. We are always relevant and save the NBA whenever needed. Besides, It’s not like “boring basketball” hasn’t represented the East for ages now is it?

ogait
05-17-2011, 06:46 AM
If only Miami could play in the fast break all the time, they would be pretty entertaining. Instead we are forced to watch the most awful half court offense wich is basically Wade or James taking turns on isolations or pick n rolls while his fellow superstar gets to watch it standing still in the corner.

Chicago does what they can with the pieces they got. Miami not so much.

Cane
05-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Ekg_vx0hmvk

Hell no!

ohmwrecker
05-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Can Harlem just turn in his Spurs fan card now?

ohmwrecker
05-17-2011, 09:35 AM

btw . . . this is a pretty common occurrence among pregnant women/new mother's. They go back to normal too (unless they were dark to begin with).

SpursDynasty
05-17-2011, 10:51 AM
The Bulls are the favorites to win the championship, having won 6 of the last 20 NBA championships. That's more than any other team in the league in the last 20 years.

Giuseppe
05-17-2011, 10:52 AM
The Bulls are the favorites to win the championship, having won 6 of the last 20 NBA championships. That's more than any other team in the league in the last 20 years.

tee, hee.

TheManFromAcme
05-17-2011, 11:29 AM

this one sounds better.....:tu

"The Lakers will be the favorites to win the champiobship, having won 10 of the last 30 NBA champsionships. That's more than any other team in the league in the last 30 years"

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Come on, he follows the spurs but we all know harlem is a lebron "fan" ...

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM

yep 2 more than the spurs, is that what you were getting at?

In fact, spur fans should root for the Heat. even if the heat can get 3 of the next 4 that only puts your franchises in a tie, if the bulls win a few that maybe a margin you may not ever be able to close ...

Hoops Czar
05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
yep 2 more than the spurs, is that what you were getting at?

In fact, spur fans should root for the Heat. even if the heat can get 3 of the next 4 that only puts your franchises in a tie, if the bulls win a few that maybe a margin you may not ever be able to close ...

That's a bold statement unless you think the NBA will cease operation in 5 to 10 years.

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
That's a bold statement unless you think the NBA will cease operation in 5 to 10 years.

I said may. I think SA is one of the best run franchises in all sports. My comment is not and indictment on SA, just a statement of fact.
Spurs have 4 titles in their whole history and they are the only small market team in the NBA with more than two titles. the bulls have 6 they get 2 more that is double what the spurs have. To get those 4 the spurs had arguably the greatest PF in history and a top 10 all-time center for the first 2. And one of the best international players ever for last two.

what are the chances that BOTH of those things happen again?

cheguevara
05-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Bulls are amazing to watch.

Hoops Czar
05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I said may. I think SA is one of the best run franchises in all sports. My comment is not and indictment on SA, just a statement of fact.
Spurs have 4 titles in their whole history and they are the only small market team in the NBA with more than two titles. the bulls have 6 they get 2 more that is double what the spurs have. To get those 4 the spurs had arguably the greatest PF in history and a top 10 all-time center for the first 2. And one of the best international players ever for last two.

what are the chances that BOTH of those things happen again?

Not good... But forever is a long time. Quality draft picks and ceasing the moment with some veteran leadership through offseason trade acquisitions can keep the Spurs relevant beyond the Duncan era. Sure, there's going to be down time, but with the right mix of players, I think the Spurs will be able to pull of Championships in the future. Its all about timing. Tank the right season and you could land yourself the next super star.

The Bulls are a much larger market and if it wasn't for Jordan, they wouldn't have any championships. That would probably deem them one of the most disappointing franchises in the NBA.

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Not good... But forever is a long time. Quality draft picks and ceasing the moment with some veteran leadership through offseason trade acquisitions can keep the Spurs relevant beyond the Duncan era. Sure, there's going to be down time, but with the right mix of players, I think the Spurs will be able to pull of Championships in the future. Its all about timing. Tank the right season and you could land yourself the next super star.

The Bulls are a much larger market and if it wasn't for Jordan, they wouldn't have any championships. That would probably deem them one of the most disappointing franchises in the NBA.

Great points. I like your posting style, solid arguments without getting all combative ...Im guessing you are not a regular in the "ghetto" of the NBA forum ... LOL

But even though they only have 6 as you say, 6 in the grand scheme of NBA titles is a BIG number. Winning titles in any sport, is extremely difficult. As the knicks show, having a big market doesnt promise you titles either. But stars tend to flock to the glamour franchises in BIG markets. If the Owners did win a hard cap, it may change things. But for the Spurs to catch the Bulls in titles if the Bulls get to 7 or 8 ... may prove very difficult. Let's say the Spurs get another star like duncan and that star helps them win 2 more titles that STILL would put the behind the Bulls if they ring this year.

But who knows maybe the spurs draft the next MJ, kobe or duncan and I am completely wrong. But I never root for a team that has more tiltles than my team to win. So I root against the Yanks, Celts, Steelers, 49ers, UK wildcats (bball) and Patriots ...

NewcastleKEG
05-17-2011, 07:56 PM

- Half of all current NBA fans grew up MJ/Bulls fans
- They have the MVP: Most exciting and electric player in the NBA since Iverson

Huge ratings