PDA

View Full Version : Bulls-Heat game 1 was the most viewed nba game in cable tv history

Isitjustme?
05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/05/16/bulls.heat.ratings/index.html?eref=sihp

:wow

That HarlemHeat poster is going to have log into like at least five accounts to rejoice over this.

Def Rowe
05-17-2011, 07:45 AM
I saw the game at a sports bar here in North Hollywood, and there was a surprising amount of people cheering the Bulls on during the game, especially at the end.

Darth_Pelican
05-17-2011, 08:43 AM
That's really surprising because the Yankees - Red Sox game was on ESPN the same night, so you would think that most people in those 2 markets would be watching that game.

silverblk mystix
05-17-2011, 08:51 AM
This explains why the refs abandoned the lakers this season...:lmao

Stern has a new crush....

SourCandy
05-17-2011, 10:03 AM
But the bulls are boring team :rolleyes

GuerillaBlack
05-17-2011, 10:13 AM
That's really surprising because the Yankees - Red Sox game was on ESPN the same night, so you would think that most people in those 2 markets would be watching that game.

You can change back and forth. NBA Playoffs is where its at. Even though people hate on the NBA for being rigged, this league's casual fan interest is through the roof. Doubt tonight's game is close to Sunday night's ratings though. If it was Lakers-Thunder, then yes.

Ashy Larry
05-17-2011, 10:21 AM

if you honestly think that the majority of people was watching the bulls than rooting against the Heat and enjoying a 20+ ass whippin', you must be crazy ..... usually in blowouts, the channels start flippin' but even people who watched the game with me was enjoyin' the garbage time primarily because the Heat were getting their asses kicked.

This has more to do with Miami's Big 3

Ace
05-17-2011, 11:00 AM

People are watching in hopes the Heat lose. Nobody cares for the Bulls otherwise...

Hoops Czar
05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
The Yankees and Red Sox don't play in the NBA.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
:lol I couldn't even recognize the Bulls best player, before this series..I didn't even know his name until a few weeks ago, tbh..

stretch
05-17-2011, 11:02 AM
People are watching in hopes the Heat lose. Nobody cares for the Bulls otherwise...

Mostly true. There are definitely casual viewers out there though who are wanting to see what the Bulls are up to these days, since they are elite for the first time since the Jordan era, so that surely adds some viewers as well.

jag
05-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I saw the game at a sports bar here in North Hollywood, and there was a surprising amount of people cheering the Bulls on during the game, especially at the end.

All those Lakerfans cheering used to be Bulls fans so it's not all that surprising.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
:lol I couldn't even recognize the Bulls best player, before this series..I didn't even know his name until a few weeks ago, tbh..

You forgot the blue text.

dunkman
05-17-2011, 11:23 AM
With the Lakers out, some of their "fans" jumped back to the Bulls bandwagon . . .

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Well. why should it not be? The hype and media scrutiny on this team surpasses, what the Lakers and Celtics had the past few years .. more than the 3peat Lakers. They have been loved or hated on more than any team in recent NBA history.

Funny me and my uncle (almost all die-hard Laker fans) were the only two at a family gathering on sunday, rooting for Lebron to get his ring. Almost everyone else wanted either Lebron to fail or at the very least for Miami not to be able to just "throw" a team together and win year one.

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:32 AM
and although I agree this is more about the Heat than the Bulls, remember Chicago is a huge market. And Im sure some of the MJ era bandwaggoners will pull their starter caps and jackets out of the closets and the attics if the Bulls win ...

Killakobe81
05-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Mostly true. There are definitely casual viewers out there though who are wanting to see what the Bulls are up to these days, since they are elite for the first time since the Jordan era, so that surely adds some viewers as well.

sorry didnt realize you beat me to it ...:toast

baseline bum
05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
You can change back and forth. NBA Playoffs is where its at. Even though people hate on the NBA for being rigged, this league's casual fan interest is through the roof. Doubt tonight's game is close to Sunday night's ratings though. If it was Lakers-Thunder, then yes.

Too bad, as this is a really exciting WCF coming up. Dirk and Kidd with a great shot at a redemption vs the new young blood in the West makes this look like it could be one of the most compelling WCF matchups in years.