PDA

View Full Version : I.M.F. Chief Sexual Assault Case

Brazil
05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/17/nyregion/17crime-sub337/17crime-sub337-articleInline.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:pop_me_up2('http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/05/17/nyregion/17crime-sub337.html','17crime_sub337_html','width=720,heig ht=554,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes'))
Michael Appleton for The New York Times

I didn't see posted any thread about this affair.

As you may know, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, has been arrested due to allegations that he had sexually assaulted a housekeeper in a lavish suite at a Sofitel hotel.

Though horrified by those alleged crimes, the French are scandalized by the images of Mr. Strauss-Kahn’s brusque treatment by the New York police, and his exposure in the American media.

I found this quote on the new york times from an ex french justice minister.

“I found that image to be incredibly brutal, violent and cruel,” the former justice minister Elisabeth Guigou told, referring to widely published photographs of a beleaguered-looking Mr. Strauss-Kahn, handcuffed and led by several New York police officers. “I am happy that we do not have the same judicial system.”
As justice minister, Ms. Guigou, now a parliamentarian, oversaw the passage of a law prohibiting the publication of photographs of handcuffed criminal suspects.

Do you think, in that case, the published images are shoking because its a damage to the presumption of innocence ?

Even proven not guilty, the guy is politically dead.

JudynTX
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
:lol He thinks it was a setup.

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
innocent

cheguevara
05-17-2011, 03:08 PM
he is guilty by reason of frenchyness.

next.

cheguevara
05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Even proven not guilty, the guy is politically dead.

not in france he ain't. if he somehow manages to get aquited he will be a hero in france.

man on wire
05-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Now I know why his wife didn't want him going out dancing with the guys.

Cuckolded Sissy
05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
typical Jew behavior

lefty
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Strauss-Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!!!!!!!

Shit, completely forgot he existed

Brazil
05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Strauss-Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!!!!!!!

Shit, completely forgot he existed

Lefty come on he is just the IMF chief and was one of the primary candidate to the French election.

All I can say is he rapedPERIOD

boutons_deux
05-17-2011, 05:30 PM
BHL defended rapist Polanksi, now BHL defends rapist DSK. Modern day "droit de seigneur", I guess.

If you're friend of BHL and/or artiste, BHL says rapists should not be harassed by the the puritanical US legal system.

baseline bum
05-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Hope he dies in prison. Why the hell do they have him on suicide watch? He's got enough money to buy his way out of the charge just like OJ.

lefty
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Lefty come on he is just the IMF chief and was one of the primary candidate to the French election.

All I can say is he rapedPERIOD

Is he still married to anchorwoman?

san antonio spurs
05-17-2011, 07:03 PM
BHL defended rapist Polanksi, now BHL defends rapist DSK. Modern day "droit de seigneur", I guess.

If you're friend of BHL and/or artiste, BHL says rapists should not be harassed by the the puritanical US legal system.
I wonder if he would do the same to non jews

ChuckD
05-17-2011, 08:32 PM
He's going down because as much money as he makes, he was worried about his fucking phone he left behind in the Rape Suite. He called the hotel frantically looking for it, and the cops were already there. They had the hotel play it off and say that they would deliver it to him if he would tell them where he was. The dumb fuck told them he was at the airport.

ploto
05-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Apparently, other women may be coming forward with similar stories, including an investigation into a situation very similar to this one.

janetcn12
05-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Lol..smh..trap or not..he is stupid

Slomo
05-18-2011, 08:29 AM
When I heard the story I thought it was stupid to the point of being unbelievable. But I doubt that the state department would have allowed the news to break if the evidence wasn't solid and as others have pointed out this is (probably) not the first time, so I guess he's just incredibly retarded.

And I don't care if the maid came prancing in his room wearing nothing but a smile - when you occupy a position like his you don't fall for something like this.

But I agree with the photo question. I know that in many European countries compromising/prejudice photos of accused are not published until proven guilty (to protect the presumption of innocence) - that's not a bad thing IMO.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Wouldn't be the first time a foreigner has failed to grasp the intricacies of the American justice system. Money allows you to get away with murder, championships allow you to get away with rape. Silly frog.

Summers
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Do you think, in that case, the published images are shoking because its a damage to the presumption of innocence ?

It may depend on who you ask because what is considered shocking is relative. The only reason there are pictures is because he's rich/famous/powerful and I don't think anyone in America finds those pictures bothersome (unless they showed some evidence that he was mistreated by the police), but as an American, I was confused and surprised to hear that a lot of French people feel he was treated cruelly because your laws and judicial system are geared to protect the accused of any humiliation while a trial is being conducted. But on this side of the pond we know an accused is hand-cuffed, printed, and put in jail and then, ideally, given a fair trial before a judge and jury. I think most Americans know being cuffed and hauled to jail doesn't make you guilty of a crime (even minor traffic violations can result in this treatment).

boutons_deux
05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Evidence is mounting that DSK is sexual predator.

Female employee previously warned about IMF head

Hungarian-born economist Piroska Nagy voiced "doubts about Dominique Strauss-Kahn's suitability for running an international institution," according to the person, who was familiar with the letter's content but declined to be identified, citing the sensitivity of the matter.

Nagy, who had worked at the IMF for decades, left the organization after the affair with Strauss-Kahn in 2008. Although the relationship has long been public knowledge, and an IMF-commissioned investigation into the case cleared Strauss-Kahn of wrongdoing, it is back in the news after the 62-year-old Frenchman's incarceration on sex crimes charges in New York.

Strauss-Kahn is a self-acknowledged womanizer, but some say he's guilty of something far more serious: A pattern of sexual assaults dating to at least 2002.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/05/17/imf_head_assault_2/index.html

Slomo
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
It may depend on who you ask because what is considered shocking is relative. The only reason there are pictures is because he's rich/famous/powerful and I don't think anyone in America finds those pictures bothersome (unless they showed some evidence that he was mistreated by the police), but as an American, I was confused and surprised to hear that a lot of French people feel he was treated cruelly because your laws and judicial system are geared to protect the accused of any humiliation while a trial is being conducted. But on this side of the pond we know an accused is hand-cuffed, printed, and put in jail and then, ideally, given a fair trial before a judge and jury. I think most Americans know being cuffed and hauled to jail doesn't make you guilty of a crime (even minor traffic violations can result in this treatment).

I agree with you, but don't you think that such a rule about the non publication of the photos is a good one?

Evidence is mounting that DSK is sexual predator.

Female employee previously warned about IMF head

Hungarian-born economist Piroska Nagy voiced "doubts about Dominique Strauss-Kahn's suitability for running an international institution," according to the person, who was familiar with the letter's content but declined to be identified, citing the sensitivity of the matter.

Nagy, who had worked at the IMF for decades, left the organization after the affair with Strauss-Kahn in 2008. Although the relationship has long been public knowledge, and an IMF-commissioned investigation into the case cleared Strauss-Kahn of wrongdoing, it is back in the news after the 62-year-old Frenchman's incarceration on sex crimes charges in New York.

Strauss-Kahn is a self-acknowledged womanizer, but some say he's guilty of something far more serious: A pattern of sexual assaults dating to at least 2002.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/05/17/imf_head_assault_2/index.html

Yep, more and more similar stuff is floating up...

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Dumb shit probably has AIDS now

Brazil
05-18-2011, 02:08 PM

I do think it's an example of cultural differences we can have between US and Europe.
It seems nobody in the US is choked to see such kind of pictures but here in France it's actually a very big deal, French consider that publication like that is an humiliation, I'm not sure it's an issue for the presemption of innocence but for reputation and image it does some damage and this without considering the pain for the family and friends.

If he is convinced to be not guilty, he will be dead anyway politically IMO.
I disagree with Che about the hero stuff, his politics opponents would find a way to maintain the suscpition even if declared non guilty. They already started BTW.

symple19
05-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Dumb shit probably has AIDS now

I saw a report that stated that the woman lived in an apartment building that rents exclusively to those with AIDS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18/dominique-strauss-kahn_n_863517.html

It would be awesome if he contracted it because of this

dumb-fuck frenchie

lefty
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
It's a setup

A fucking setup

symple19
05-18-2011, 02:45 PM
You know what? I could give a fuck if Europeans don't show people in handcuffs.

Yes, some innocent people will be embarrassed by having to go through a perp walk, but the vast majority are indeed guilty and deserve every bit of humiliation that come their way.

And give me a break about this "what about the family of the accused, what about their embarrassment"? Who gives a fuck. Are they being paraded about? No. The only victim in this case, assuming he is indeed guilty, is that poor woman and her 10 year old daughter.

Don't wanna get dragged in front of the media with cuffs on? Then don't break the law.

pretty simple, IMO

Brazil
05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
You know what? I could give a fuck if Europeans don't show people in handcuffs.

Yes, some innocent people will be embarrassed by having to go through a perp walk, but the vast majority are indeed guilty and deserve every bit of humiliation that come their way.

And give me a break about this "what about the family of the accused, what about their embarrassment"? Who gives a fuck. Are they being paraded about? No. The only victim in this case, assuming he is indeed guilty, is that poor woman and her 10 year old daughter.

Don't wanna get dragged in front of the media with cuffs on? Then don't break the law.

pretty simple, IMO

apparently you missed the whole point I don't give a damn if he is guilty nobody does, the issue here is if he is innocent.

the vast majority is guilty so why caring about the minority... great logic

it's me
05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
http://news1.ghananation.com/thumbnail.php?file=image/Nafissatou_Diallo2_598442146.jpg&size=article_medium