PDA

View Full Version : WWE went THERE...again...

8FOR!3
05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
lol, I'm watching a RAW recording from last night and remember, not only did Jerry Lawler say during the Memphis show that they were going to beat the Spurs. And now Alex Riley last night had this to say when talking about how the fans were overrating The Miz.

“Well, you people also said the Spurs were also going to make it out of the first round and we all know what happened with that"

Fuck you WWE, that was a low blow and I was just starting to get over the loss. At least he got a nice you suck chant from the fans.

:lol

lefty
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
JaG would be proud of this awesome thread

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2011, 01:11 PM
but his awesome

benefactor
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
lol pro wrestling

bus driver
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
people still watch wrestling? :wtf

Nathan Explosion
05-17-2011, 03:10 PM

I don't watch WWE anymore, but anytime someone invites me to a live show, I go. The Sports Guy had the Celtics announcer on his show and he talked about how he was in the Miami Raw during an off day between the Heat and Celtics.

They described a live show like this, it's like the Super Bowl (in terms of the spectacle, lights, fireworks and crowd reactions) but every night.

The stories are stale and personalities bland these days, but to see a show live is great. Remember, they're not selling you the steak, but rather the sizzle. And Vince McMahon can still sell it with the best of them.

TwelveGs210
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
R.I.P ECW (not the crappy mcmahon led ECW either) you will be missed

Cane
05-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Well what do ya expect since this guy was in WWE:

OMotWBNkb3c

GSH
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't watch WWE anymore, but anytime someone invites me to a live show, I go. The Sports Guy had the Celtics announcer on his show and he talked about how he was in the Miami Raw during an off day between the Heat and Celtics.

They described a live show like this, it's like the Super Bowl (in terms of the spectacle, lights, fireworks and crowd reactions) but every night.

The stories are stale and personalities bland these days, but to see a show live is great. Remember, they're not selling you the steak, but rather the sizzle. And Vince McMahon can still sell it with the best of them.

I used to work for a couple of guys who bet... I'm talking about real money wagers, on pro wrestling matches. They got mad when anybody laughed at them about it, too.

Chachachango
05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
lol at people taking wrestling seriously. Hold on, its fake,right?

Sean Cagney
05-17-2011, 09:22 PM

LOL I know right, stopped as a teen.

NickiRasgo
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
LOL I know right, stopped as a teen.

I think it's alright rather than watching Naruto when you're already 28 years old right?

ohmwrecker
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM
1bAQg-zWmsI&feature=related

Sean Cagney
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I think it's alright rather than watching Naruto when you're already 28 years old right?

I don't know what Naruto is personally nor do I care! But I see what you are saying I guess.

PublicOption
05-18-2011, 12:46 AM
how about cleveland getting the #1 pick again(and after losing Lebron).....fucking NBA is truly bullshit.

100%duncan
05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
wrestling fake. oh well fuck you wwe

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2011, 09:00 AM
It wasn't always fake.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/g/greatkabuki/06.jpg

703 Spurz
05-18-2011, 10:07 AM
lol, I'm watching a RAW recording from last night and remember, not only did Jerry Lawler say during the Memphis show that they were going to beat the Spurs. And now Alex Riley last night had this to say when talking about how the fans were overrating The Miz.

“Well, you people also said the Spurs were also going to make it out of the first round and we all know what happened with that"

Fuck you WWE, that was a low blow and I was just starting to get over the loss. At least he got a nice you suck chant from the fans.

I hope to hell you're 15 years old

703 Spurz
05-18-2011, 10:08 AM
It wasn't always fake.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/g/greatkabuki/06.jpg

Injuries can still occur if its it fake. That doesn't mean shit

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Injuries can still occur if its it fake. That doesn't mean shit

Dude, that was Kabuki's version of the Iron Claw. Back in the day with Kabuki, the Von Erichs, Bruiser Brody, and the Spoiler, this shit was real. It only got fake once I quit watching.

angelbelow
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Haha, if you watch the WWE regularly, the heels (bad guys) always take shots at all the cities they're in. I haven't watched in quite a few years but they do that stuff all the time. Its an easy and effective way to keep the fans hating the bad guys.

Drewlius
05-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Dude, that was Kabuki's version of the Iron Claw. Back in the day with Kabuki, the Von Erichs, Bruiser Brody, and the Spoiler, this shit was real. It only got fake once I quit watching.

lol, wut? :elephant

Ditty
05-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Haha, if you watch the WWE regularly, the heels (bad guys) always take shots at all the cities they're in. I haven't watched in quite a few years but they do that stuff all the time. Its an easy and effective way to keep the fans hating the bad guys.

I remember one time when Santino Marella was a bad guy, they were in Seattle, and said that people didn't think he was american enough, so he decided to have a favorite basketball team, so he took off his shirt, and underneath he had a thunder jersey :lol

and the most famous team dissed

8G8u1ErQTO0

100%duncan
05-19-2011, 02:10 AM

yeah there was a PPV way back in 06 where it was in detroit and edge dissed em for losing to the spurs in the finals IIRC

angelbelow
05-19-2011, 03:11 AM
I remember one time when Santino Marella was a bad guy, they were in Seattle, and said that people didn't think he was american enough, so he decided to have a favorite basketball team, so he took off his shirt, and underneath he had a thunder jersey :lol

8G8u1ErQTO0

:rollin @ the Rock's song

Buddy Holly
05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
It's called "cheap heat", basically saying something about the city/people that you know will get them to boo you. There's also the "cheap pop" which is basically the same as cheap heat but instead of insulting the crowd you say something positive that you know will get a good reaction. i.e. "It's good to be back in [insert city]."

I haven't watched wrestling since 2002 and I will always call it the WWF.

gospursgojas
05-19-2011, 11:49 AM
wrestling fake. oh well fuck you wwe

So are tv shows and movies

Killakobe81
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM

8G8u1ErQTO0

LOL "to the fat women Ill just say no" ...

"LOL, but Ill be back when the Lakers beat the kings in May ...

Didnt watch WWE then (or now) stopped in the Ultimate Warrior days but that was funny, thanks ...

Josepatches_
05-19-2011, 04:09 PM

:lmao:lmao

Chachachango
05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Since this is a wrestling thread, I wanna say RIP Macho Man. The most entertaining wrestler imo. God Bless his fam.

gospursgojas
05-21-2011, 01:24 AM
^ The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, funky like a monkey uuuuh yeah

Ditty
05-21-2011, 03:14 AM
1:25 mark

HsZZOmFGQus