PDA

View Full Version : Dan Gilbert's son Nick has Neurofibromatosis

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Nick Gilbert was born with Neurofibromatosis (NF), a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere in the body at any time

Crazy disease and sadly, incurable

WZYlJB_F7sc&feature=related

Makes it even sadder that LeBron shunned the Make-a-Wish Foundation and turned him down. Piss-poor imho.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
:lol Karma is a bitch..

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 09:47 PM
:lol Karma is a bitch..

It kinda blows your "he loves the kids" argument out of the water, tbh. At least we now know why he chose the BGCA...guilt.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 09:49 PM
:lol It doesn't blow dick out of the water..

Stating that an athlete should stay on a team, strictly because some ugly kid has a disease, is one of the worst arguments of all-time, tbh..let alone an athlete that generated 6 million + $ for charities across the nation, with his Donation special..

Maybe the kid's father shouldn't treat his Black athletes like slaves, karma could have spared him..

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM

Stating that an athlete should stay on a team, strictly because some pussy kid has a disease, is one of the worst arguments of all-time, tbh..let alone an athlete that generated 6 million + $ for charities across the nation, with his Donation special..

I don't think most people would turn down the wishes of a dying child.

I guess LeBron has a killer instinct afterall..

rayjayjohnson
05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
maybe he could pull a derek fisher and become GM of the Lakers.

DMC
05-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Stating that an athlete should stay on a team, strictly because some ugly kid has a disease, is one of the worst arguments of all-time, tbh..let alone an athlete that generated 6 million + $ for charities across the nation, with his Donation special..

Maybe the kid's father shouldn't treat his Black athletes like slaves, karma could have spared him..

For 20 million a year, I would pick cotton.

JoeTait75
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Harlem wouldn't need 20 million to be LeBron's slave.

Jace
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Just want to point out that in the majority of cases the tumors never become cancerous and thus the disease usually isn't fatal.

"Some ugly kid"? Uncalled for.

SenorSpur
05-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not a fan of teams sending current players or family members to the draft lottery. I kind of felt bad that Gilbert paraded his kid out there for a national TV audience. However, it his appearance raises awareness to this disease, it can't be a bad thing.

I do have to wonder whether Gilbert, being a calculating owner and smart man, had ulterior motives for making that call?

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Just want to point out that in the majority of cases the tumors never become cancerous and thus the disease usually isn't fatal.

"Some ugly kid"? Uncalled for.

Cancerous or not, neurofibromatosis exacts a social death from which the afflicted can never recover.

The child reached out to LeBron, and he was ignored.

SenorSpur
05-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Cancerous or not, neurofibromatosis exacts a social death from which the afflicted can never recover.

Wow! More details on this please!

I have to admit that it was pleasing to see Kyrie Irving taking a moment to spend with Gilbert's kid. Hell, there's only a 5-year difference between them.

Fermixalot
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM

What exactly happened? Pretty shitty if it happens like you said it did.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
:lol Ya, Andrew, what happened?..give us details and links, please..

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
What exactly happened? Pretty shitty if it happens like you said it did.

Sadly, like most everything else we won't get all the details until the child has passed.

Brave young boy imho.

SenorSpur
05-17-2011, 10:13 PM
For those more familiar with this dreaded disease, does it stunt one's life expectancy?

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
For those more familiar with this dreaded disease, does it stunt one's life expectancy?

It depends on whether you have NF1 or NF2...I've heard life expectancies as low as the 30's, although some persevere and live quite longer.

Let's hope he's the latter, but combine NF with a broken heart and I'm sure his odds are drastically longer.

SenorSpur
05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
It depends on whether you have NF1 or NF2...I've heard life expectancies as low as the 30's, although some persevere and live quite longer.

Let's hope he's the latter, but combine NF with a broken heart and I'm sure his odds are drastically longer.

Good thing for him that his Daddy has unlimited resources. Even though there's no cure, at least his father will be able to see to it that he lives a comfortable lifestyle. Tonight was a great moment for both the boy, his dad and the franchise.

Still want to know more about that LeBron "brushoff" story. Don't leave us hanging bro.

Pelicans78
05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Harlem's slavery to Lebron brings him down another level.

How's it gonna feel that whoever Lebron faces in the Finals, he's not gonna be the baddest man on the floor.

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Good thing for him that his Daddy has unlimited resources. Even though there's no cure, at least his father will be able to see to it that he lives a comfortable lifestyle. Tonight was a great moment for both the boy, his dad and the franchise.

Still want to know more about that LeBron "brushoff" story. Don't leave us hanging bro.

I wish I could, but you and I both know the Lebruminati will not let the facts of the case reach the light of day. Don't forget their work at the Nike camp when "the dunk" happened.

SenorSpur
05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
I wish I could, but you and I both know the Lebruminati will not let the facts of the case reach the light of day. Don't forget their work at the Nike camp when "the dunk" happened.

OK. Well can you confirm whether this is idle rumor or do you believe there is a shed of truth behind this allegation?

If there is any truth to it, Lebron is truly even more of a sorry sack of shit that anyone realized.

I. Hustle
05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Lol slave. Only an idiot would compare making that kind of money to play a kids game to slavery.

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:35 PM
OK. Well can you confirm whether this is idle rumor or do you believe there is a shed of truth behind this allegation?

If there is any truth to it, Lebron is truly even more of a sorry sack of shit that anyone realized.

It's simple math, tbh. When does one start to follow sports when they're raised? Probably around 7 years old, tbh. So all this child has known while growing up is watching LeBron James every night for 7 years. Being that he's the owner's son, he's probably spent countless hours with James. The whole final season the child undoubtedly made countless pleas to his basketball hero to stay in Cleveland.

Just in case you're not familiar with neurofibromatosis, it's what "the Elephant Man" suffered from, if you're familiar with that film. He's never going to be comfortably assimilated into a group of friends so the most important thing in his life is basketball--and more importlanty--his favorite player (LeBron James).

LeBron chose mojitos and cocaine over a terminal child's wishes.

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 10:53 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/220/909/nickgilbert_crop_340x234.png?1305680584

Lebron, please stay.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/07/09/alg_lebron_espn-1.jpg

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
:lol thread backfire..

Andrew Cunanan
05-17-2011, 11:11 PM
In other words, you're full of shit

Now LeBron has a wifebeater defending him.

Yet another hit to his rep..:lol

DMC
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
So would I, but I'm not Black..I can't comment on the suffering that the ancestors of African-Americans experienced, so I don't know how I would feel about it..I know that a lot of African-Americans were offended by Gilbert's comments, so I imagine it hit them deeply..
You mean the same guys who spend life in prison for trying to steal 35 dollars from the quick stop? Yeah, they would be offended at the 20 million a year for playing basketball. That's why it's so hard to find anyone wanting to actually play in the pros.

Axe Murderer
05-18-2011, 01:30 AM
:lmao dlyDynasty, with the 10/10 troll goods

Also what kind of asshole is Dan Gilbert, parading that poor child out to the public audience for some marketing strategy knowing the kid is just gonna get ridiculed and made fun of? :wow

Fpoonsie
05-18-2011, 01:38 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/220/909/nickgilbert_crop_340x234.png?1305680584

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfplf9HeNh1qaskyao1_400.jpg

Axe Murderer
05-18-2011, 01:46 AM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/MrMorningstarr/chinas_elephant_man.jpg

rayjayjohnson
05-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Looks like a young Elvis Costello.

i lol'd. that was quite tumourous.

Ashy Larry
05-18-2011, 02:15 AM
poor kid .... the disease is just awful after you see some of the pictures related to it ....... just sad.

Nick Manning
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
i lol'd. that was quite tumourous.

:rollin