PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson couldn't stand seeing Dirk perform well because he is white

BRHornet45
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
lol sons you could tell that it absolutely killed Mark tonight having to compliment Dirk. each and every time Van Gundy or that other honky calling the game made a positive comment about Dirk, Mark quickly changed the subject or began talking about another player. If Dirk was black, then I'm willing to bet that Mr. Mark Jackson would have been hugging his nuts all night long. Instead he chose to dance around the topic of Dirk being great and was pretty quiet throughout most of the game compared to usual.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2011, 11:11 PM
:lol It is true that he was downplaying Dirk, he seemed disappointed..

Mark Jackson is probably still mad that the Mavs took out his team, tbh..

djohn2oo8
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Didn't you call Dirk a choker and overrated?

jeebus
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
ESPN gave Jackson a break from Heat games due to multiple ruined suits and equipment from Marc blowing his load every Heat possession.

WraithXx
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
are we allowed to say the "n" word on this forum? haven't quite figured that one out yet

jag
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
There's a reason Mark Jackson wasn't taken serious when he tried to get an NBA head coaching job. I don't think this is the reason. But at this point there's no telling.

TD 21
But Nowitzki is overrated because he's white. If he were black, he'd be looked at as one dimensional and soft. But because he's white, he's "amazing and a great scorer", even though he's won the same amount of rings as K. Malone. Yet Malone, who's a better player, took more criticism in his day and I don't ever remember the masses slobbering over him.

He's playing at a very high level, no question, but he's also shooting essentially uncontested jumpers. He's 7-0, being guarded by two 6-10 guys, a 6-9 guy and a 6-7 guy. They can't bother his shot. If Brooks were a decent coach, at some point he'd have said, get into his chest, force him to put it on the floor and steer him into pre-determined help spots. I know they're shooting lights out from three, but you can't let a guy shoot uncontested mid range jumpers one after the other. Those are like layups for him. You got to either hard double, on the catch or the dribble, or help on his drives and make the proper rotations.

Some will pretend the reason they're amazed with him is his age. But his age is irrelevant. He plays the easiest game I've ever seen from an elite player. Nothing he does puts stress on his body, so he should be able to do this for at least another two or three seasons. Inevitably, he'll pile up the points and be remembered as greater than he actually is. I'd rate him as the fifth best PF ever, but if he wins this championship, some idiots are going to pretend he's second and I wouldn't put it past a few to pretend he's in the discussion for first.

jag
are we allowed to say the "n" word on this forum? haven't quite figured that one out yet

Yes

WraithXx
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Yes

say it first so that I know you're not kidding

DJ Mbenga
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM

ma nigga the answer is yes.

WraithXx
05-17-2011, 11:24 PM
But Nowitzki is overrated because he's white. If he were black, he'd be looked at as one dimensional and soft. But because he's white, he's "amazing and a great scorer", even though he's won the same amount of rings as K. Malone, yet Malone, who's a better player, took more criticism in his day and I don't ever remember the masses slobbering over him.

He's playing at a very high level, no question, but he's also shooting essentially uncontested jumpers. He's 7-0, being guarded by two 6-10 guys, a 6-9 guy and a 6-7 guy. They can't bother his shot. If Brooks were a decent coach, at some point he'd have said, get into his chest, force him to put it on the floor and steer him into pre-determined help spots. I know they're shooting lights out from three, but you can't let a guy shoot uncontested mid range jumpers one after the other. Those are like layups for him.

His age is irrelevant. He plays the easiest game I've ever seen from an elite player. Nothing he does puts stress on his body, so he should be able to do this for at least another two or three seasons. Inevitably, he'll pile up the points and be remembered as greater than he actually is. I'd rate him as the fifth best PF ever, but if he wins this championship, some idiots are going to pretend he's second and I wouldn't put it past a few to pretend he's in the discussion for first.

LOL @ you listing all the reasons why he's great as reasons why he's not great... good one dude.

jag
05-17-2011, 11:24 PM

Stop being such an N-word and just say it.

jag
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM

Kyle Orton is about to come in here and erase any doubts.

Kyle Orton
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM

######, spook, jigaboo, coon, cotton picker

Nick Manning
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
######, spook, jigaboo, coon, cotton picker

spearchucker, moon cricket, porch monkey...

4>0rings
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
:lol

WraithXx
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Lmao

jag
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Kyle Orton is about to come in here and erase any doubts.

:toast

frodo
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
why not just turn off the sound if da commentating bothered u?

Ghazi
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
But Nowitzki is overrated because he's white. If he were black, he'd be looked at as one dimensional and soft. But because he's white, he's "amazing and a great scorer", even though he's won the same amount of rings as K. Malone. Yet Malone, who's a better player, took more criticism in his day and I don't ever remember the masses slobbering over him.

He's playing at a very high level, no question, but he's also shooting essentially uncontested jumpers. He's 7-0, being guarded by two 6-10 guys, a 6-9 guy and a 6-7 guy. They can't bother his shot. If Brooks were a decent coach, at some point he'd have said, get into his chest, force him to put it on the floor and steer him into pre-determined help spots. I know they're shooting lights out from three, but you can't let a guy shoot uncontested mid range jumpers one after the other. Those are like layups for him. You got to either hard double, on the catch or the dribble, or help on his drives and make the proper rotations.

Some will pretend the reason they're amazed with him is his age. But his age is irrelevant. He plays the easiest game I've ever seen from an elite player. Nothing he does puts stress on his body, so he should be able to do this for at least another two or three seasons. Inevitably, he'll pile up the points and be remembered as greater than he actually is. I'd rate him as the fifth best PF ever, but if he wins this championship, some idiots are going to pretend he's second and I wouldn't put it past a few to pretend he's in the discussion for first.

u mad? :lol :lol

jag
05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Jungle Bunny

4>0rings
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I see nothing wrong with Mark Jackson's comments or tone.

Nick Manning
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM

sup Isaiah

MavDynasty
05-17-2011, 11:34 PM
lol td21 still asshurt about dirk

Kyle Orton
05-17-2011, 11:34 PM
nappy headed hoe

BRHornet45
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
nappy headed hoe

bMsYTqMp6Q8

TD 21
05-17-2011, 11:39 PM
u mad? :lol :lol

No, I said he's playing at a very high level and is the 5th best PF ever. Or did you miss that part?

People think Nowitzki being white hurts him, as far as recognition, but it actually helps. Look no further than Barkley, who's been tea bagging him all season (actually, for a few, but more than ever this season). Why is he doing it? Because in the early 00s, when he used to criticize the Mavs and Nowitzki, he took heat for it. The undertone to it all (even though it was never said, it was obvious) was that he didn't like him because he was white. So now he's going overboard in his praise of him to prove that that wasn't the reason he wasn't as high on him years ago.

He's just one example. Look at all the fans on this board who love him. Spurs fans love him (which is bizarre, considering the rivalry). He's probably the most beloved player in the league on this board, by people who are fans of other teams. He's the one player, if you're not incessantly slobbering over him, you'll take heat. You tell me why? Is it because he's exciting? I'm not hating, I'm just calling it like it is.

ducks
05-17-2011, 11:39 PM
dirk got all the calls it was sick to watch
fuck hilter

Nick Manning
05-17-2011, 11:41 PM
bMsYTqMp6Q8

find the long-legged macdaddy vid:lol

Kyle Orton
05-17-2011, 11:42 PM
:lmao James David Manning

Axe Murderer
05-17-2011, 11:42 PM
No, I said he's playing at a very high level and is the 5th best PF ever. Or did you miss that part?

People think Nowitzki being white hurts him, as far as recognition, but it actually helps. Look no further than Barkley, who's been tea bagging him all season (actually, for a few, but more than ever this season). Why is he doing it? Because in the early 00s, when he used to criticize the Mavs and Nowitzki, he took heat for it. The undertone to it all (even though it was never said, it was obvious) was that he didn't like him because he was white. So now he's going overboard in his praise of him to prove that that wasn't the reason he wasn't as high on him years ago.

He's just one example. Look at all the fans on this board who love him. Spurs fans love him (which is bizarre, considering the rivalry). He's probably the most beloved player in the league on this board, by people who are fans of other teams. He's the one player, if you're not incessantly slobbering over him, you'll take heat. You tell me why? Is it because he's exciting? I'm not hating, I'm just calling it like it is.

u mad :lmao

BRHornet45
05-17-2011, 11:45 PM
find the long-legged macdaddy vid:lol

khuu-RhOBDU

DJ Mbenga
05-17-2011, 11:46 PM
iron can you bring back the jamesdavidmanning troll back?

Kyle Orton
05-17-2011, 11:47 PM
That was my troll and he's banned :lol

jag
05-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Is Mbenga a real poster?

Booharv
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Is Mbenga a real poster?

Ya, everyone likes him too because he puts boobs in his sig.

jag
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Mbenga, you better get your ass in here and answer me

Nick Manning
05-17-2011, 11:50 PM
khuu-RhOBDU

:lmao

Good find son. Stacy Keibler needs to be a fixture in your sig, tbh.

God Bless.

Kyle Orton
Mbenga is Iggypop123

ploto
People like Dirk because he is a really nice guy. And after all that he went through personally in the past 2 years, I am happy for him.

jag
05-17-2011, 11:51 PM

Mbenga is Iggypop123

Close enough. I'm a fan

Kai
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
You're imagining things. Just chill, Bro.

Nick Manning
"The first time I saw Obama's name was on a pair of 54 Double-D tits!"

:lmao

mavsfan1000
Mark Jackson is a little bitch. I hate that guy. Most commentators are so unprofessional these days.

bluefoot
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM

Someone is in complete denial.

No one can stop Dirk stupid ass. You make it sound like you came up with some secret formula in your mom's basement. He's a great player, that's why it looks so easy.

jag
05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't think I've ever actually read one of TD 21's wall of texts. I think I tried to read one but quit halfway.

They always seen well thought out and somewhat coherent, but I've never had time for his SpursDynasty-like opinions.

TD 21
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think I've ever actually read one of TD 21's wall of texts. I think I tried to read one but quit halfway.

They always seen well thought out and somewhat coherent, but I've never had time for his SpursDynasty-like opinions.

You should take the time, you'll be enlightened. Reading one of those is far better than reading ten mindless, irrelevant posts, like the vast majority of the ones populating this board. Seriously, how many of these people, particularly the so-called "name posters", are actually here to talk ball? All I see is a bunch of pathetic people looking for attention.

It never fails, though. Nowitzki is the one player, who, if you don't slobber over, you'll be criticized for it. Yet no one can give a half decent answer as to why that is.

cesare borgia
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by TD 21

I think you Gasol?

jag
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
You should take the time, you'll be enlightened. Reading one of those is far better than reading ten mindless, irrelevant posts, like the vast majority of the ones populating this board. Seriously, how many of these people, particularly the so-called "name posters", are actually here to talk ball? All I see is a bunch of pathetic people looking for attention.

It never fails, though. Nowitzki is the one player, who, if you don't slobber over, you'll be criticized for it. Yet no one can give a half decent answer as to why that is.

I read this post. Mostly because it doesn't consist of 17 paragraphs. Sometimes it pays to be succinct.

Sean Cagney
05-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Mark Jackson is a little bitch. I hate that guy. Most commentators are so unprofessional these days.

Jackson is one of the worst out there, period!!!!!!! He is horrible.

DMC
05-18-2011, 12:58 AM
That's the problem with ex-players who comment on the game. Give me Marv Albert and Steve Kerr. We know Steve never played.

redzero
05-18-2011, 01:01 AM

Why do you have Primer in your sig? Nobody understood that movie until they went to its Wikipedia page.

Nathan89
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
But Nowitzki is overrated because he's white. 1.If he were black, he'd be looked at as one dimensional and soft. 2.But because he's white, he's "amazing and a great scorer", 3.even though he's won the same amount of rings as K. Malone. Yet Malone, who's a better player, took more criticism in his day and I don't ever remember the masses slobbering over him.

He's playing at a very high level, no question,4. but he's also shooting essentially uncontested jumpers. He's 7-0, being guarded by two 6-10 guys, a 6-9 guy and a 6-7 guy. They can't bother his shot. 5.If Brooks were a decent coach, at some point he'd have said, get into his chest, force him to put it on the floor and steer him into pre-determined help spots. I know they're shooting lights out from three, but you can't let a guy shoot uncontested mid range jumpers one after the other. Those are like layups for him. You got to either hard double, on the catch or the dribble, or help on his drives and make the proper rotations.

6.Some will pretend the reason they're amazed with him is his age. But his age is irrelevant. 7.He plays the easiest game I've ever seen from an elite player. Nothing he does puts stress on his body, so he should be able to do this for at least another two or three seasons. Inevitably, he'll pile up the points and be remembered as greater than he actually is. 8.I'd rate him as the fifth best PF ever, 9. but if he wins this championship, some idiots are going to pretend he's second and I wouldn't put it past a few to pretend he's in the discussion for first.

Psssst guys I think he is serious:lmao

1. You can call Dirk one dimensional all you want the fact is he has many ways to score. Even if he was one dimensional if you can't stop that it doesn't matter. People usually criticize one dimensional player because once the opposing team does something to stop that one aspect of the players game then that player can't do anything. If you can't stop it, it doesn't matter.

2. Dirk is 7ft tall and he shoots what seems to be a difficult shot and make them consistently. That is amazing. He efficiently scores a lot of points. That makes him a great scorer.

3. Dirk hasn't played with the a top 50pg his entire career. He hasn't played for a team that focuses on defense. You can't win without help and a coach that stresses defense.

4. Are you seriously knocking Dirk because they can't guard him. Everything you said was a complement to Dirk. He 7ft shooting jump shots and making them= complement. He's being guarded by two 6-10 guys but scores at will so that is supposedly "uncontested"=complement. A two inch advantage is not a big deal. Apparently you didn't see Kidd guarding Kobe and thats at least a three inch difference.

5. Pretty sure he was the coach of the year last year.

6. It is pretty impressive that he is shitting on anyone that guards him at his age.

7. Once again you try to knock Dirk with complements.

8. No one care what you rate Dirk.

9. It wouldn't be idiotic at all to say Dirk is the second best Pf of all time if he wins the championship this year. How many other players can say they won a championship without a second option. I've said it before if he beats the Heat it will be one of the single most impressive accomplishments in Nba history. Winning without a second option would put him above Kg. The ring plus his finals appearance plus all his individual accomplishments should put him ahead of every other Pf not named Tim Duncan.

Budkin
05-18-2011, 01:08 AM

Come on man Dirk's got mad game. Scrubs don't score 48 pts and go 24/24 from the line. And besides, Karl Malone was a dirty fucking asshole.

ezau
05-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Dirk is a great player no doubt and at this point, he's a walking mismatch in the NBA. Back in the day, a prime KG was perhaps the only player who has the speed, height, size, and athleticism to make him work. Bruce Bowen did a decent job on him in the past and sometimes, Battier too.

The point is, you need a great defender to make him work and right now, there's simply no one who can guard him one-on-one.

dude1394
05-18-2011, 01:43 AM
lol sons you could tell that it absolutely killed Mark tonight having to compliment Dirk. each and every time Van Gundy or that other honky calling the game made a positive comment about Dirk, Mark quickly changed the subject or began talking about another player. If Dirk was black, then I'm willing to bet that Mr. Mark Jackson would have been hugging his nuts all night long. Instead he chose to dance around the topic of Dirk being great and was pretty quiet throughout most of the game compared to usual.

Pretty much been going on for about a decade now.

Sean Cagney
05-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Dirk is a great player no doubt and at this point, he's a walking mismatch in the NBA. Back in the day, a prime KG was perhaps the only player who has the speed, height, size, and athleticism to make him work. Bruce Bowen did a decent job on him in the past and sometimes, Battier too.

The point is, you need a great defender to make him work and right now, there's simply no one who can guard him one-on-one.

I would ADD sheed there too! He could defend him in his prime no doubt like Bowen or KG in their prime! Sheed like they said could have been the best ever at PF, he just never gave a shit nor worked hard enough to do it.

Giuseppe
05-18-2011, 04:10 AM
What's disappointing is that Brooks had absolutely nothing ready for Dirk. What, he thought Dirk was just gonna cool down? He has one more game. We'll see what Brooks has come Game Two. He can't wait for Game Three. By then they'll be fighting for their very existence.

dallaskd
05-18-2011, 04:14 AM
lol td21 still asshurt about dirk

cant tell if this gnsf is trolling or not tbh

stretch
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM

This is pretty much completely backwards you fucking idiot.

stretch
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
4. Are you seriously knocking Dirk because they can't guard him. Everything you said was a complement to Dirk. He 7ft shooting jump shots and making them= complement. He's being guarded by two 6-10 guys but scores at will so that is supposedly "uncontested"=complement. A two inch advantage is not a big deal. Apparently you didn't see Kidd guarding Kobe and thats at least a three inch difference.

LMAO i was cracking up at this point he made as well. I guess then Shaq sucks, because the only reason he was good is because he was too big, or Timmy sucks because if he was 6'4, he wouldnt be much of a post presence, or MJ sucks because he was a much better athlete than anyone he faced, and without that, he would have been no better than Trenton Hassell. And dont even get me started on Magic Johnson, who was practically the "Dirk before Dirk", in being an unusually oversized player for his position/skillset.

TD21: dumbass of dumbasses

stretch
05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I would ADD sheed there too! He could defend him in his prime no doubt like Bowen or KG in their prime! Sheed like they said could have been the best ever at PF, he just never gave a shit nor worked hard enough to do it.

Dirk used to always shit on KG. But Bowen definitely for a while gave him a few issues, until he finally learned how to play against smaller defenders.

Sheed definitely could have been the best PF ever. He was practically a mix of Timmy and Dirk. Just never had the mentality or work ethic. Makes people realize just how important a leaders mentality really is.

TampaDude
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
spearchucker, moon cricket, porch monkey...

moon cricket??? :lmao

mosshead
moulinyan
kaffir
sambo
spade
tar baby
yard ape

dirk4mvp
05-18-2011, 01:30 PM
:wow TD-21 is upset like a motherfucker :wow

and lol at TD-21 acting like Barkely used to hate on Dirk because he's white, he hated Dirk because he didn't go to Auburn like Charles wanted him to.

TheManFromAcme
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM

this :tu

TD 21
05-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Psssst guys I think he is serious:lmao

1. You can call Dirk one dimensional all you want the fact is he has many ways to score. Even if he was one dimensional if you can't stop that it doesn't matter. People usually criticize one dimensional player because once the opposing team does something to stop that one aspect of the players game then that player can't do anything. If you can't stop it, it doesn't matter.

2. Dirk is 7ft tall and he shoots what seems to be a difficult shot and make them consistently. That is amazing. He efficiently scores a lot of points. That makes him a great scorer.

3. Dirk hasn't played with the a top 50pg his entire career. He hasn't played for a team that focuses on defense. You can't win without help and a coach that stresses defense.

5. Pretty sure he was the coach of the year last year.

6. It is pretty impressive that he is shitting on anyone that guards him at his age.

7. Once again you try to knock Dirk with complements.

8. No one care what you rate Dirk.

9. It wouldn't be idiotic at all to say Dirk is the second best Pf of all time if he wins the championship this year. How many other players can say they won a championship without a second option. I've said it before if he beats the Heat it will be one of the single most impressive accomplishments in Nba history. Winning without a second option would put him above Kg. The ring plus his finals appearance plus all his individual accomplishments should put him ahead of every other Pf not named Tim Duncan.

1. He is one dimensional. He excels at scoring and nothing else. He has definitely become a more complete scorer, though, as he's aged.

2. For a legit 7-0 player, which he is, with outstanding touch, which he has, those are easy, uncontested shots. It's no different than O'Neal in his prime flat out bulldozing people in the paint. But when he got by on physical tools, it was recognized as such. When Nowitzki does it, the masses slobber.

3. Nowitzki has played on a team that annually has a top three payroll. Sure, he hasn't had a legit second option since the days of Nash and Finley, but he's had tons of depth and loads of near All-Star types.

4. He can be guarded if he's going to be played straight up by guys 2-5 inches shorter than him. He's 7-0 and has a high release point, which means they have no chance at bothering his shot.

5. Coach of the Year is a joke award given to teams that surprise/overachieve. It has nothing to do with coaching acumen.

6 and 7. Age is not a factor with him, because he plays as easy a game as possible. That's not a knock, that's the reality. Bryant, Duncan and Garnett are declining because they have more mileage and harder mileage, because of how they've played.

8. Sure they do.

9. It absolutely would be. Garnett was an outstanding all around player in his prime. There's only one reason anyone would rate Nowitzki ahead of him.

See what I mean. I didn't even criticize him and yet a bunch of clowns criticize me just because I don't overrate him. If it's not racial bias, you tell me why he's so beloved by media and fans alike, then? Even their most bitter rivals fans, as a whole, have an affinity for him (which is pathetic).

dirk4mvp, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that I think Barkley took the criticism to mean that he didn't like him because he was white. So now he goes overboard in his praise of him.

Homeland Security
05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
1. He is one dimensional. He excels at scoring and nothing else. He has definitely become a more complete scorer, though, as he's aged.

2. For a legit 7-0 player, which he is, with outstanding touch, which he has, those are easy, uncontested shots. It's no different than O'Neal in his prime flat out bulldozing people in the paint. But when he got by on physical tools, it was recognized as such. When Nowitzki does it, the masses slobber.

3. Nowitzki has played on a team that annually has a top three payroll. Sure, he hasn't had a legit second option since the days of Nash and Finley, but he's had tons of depth and loads of near All-Star types.

4. He can be guarded if he's going to be played straight up by guys 2-5 inches shorter than him. He's 7-0 and has a high release point, which means they have no chance at bothering his shot.

5. Coach of the Year is a joke award given to teams that surprise/overachieve. It has nothing to do with coaching acumen.

6 and 7. Age is not a factor with him, because he plays as easy a game as possible. That's not a knock, that's the reality. Bryant, Duncan and Garnett are declining because they have more mileage and harder mileage, because of how they've played.

8. Sure they do.

9. It absolutely would be. Garnett was an outstanding all around player in his prime. There's only one reason anyone would rate Nowitzki ahead of him.

See what I mean. I didn't even criticize him and yet a bunch of clowns criticize me just because I don't overrate him. If it's not racial bias, you tell me why he's so beloved by media and fans alike, then? Even their most bitter rivals fans, as a whole, have an affinity for him (which is pathetic).

dirk4mvp, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that I think Barkley took the criticism to mean that he didn't like him because he was white. So now he goes overboard in his praise of him.
LOL at the degree of butthurt here. Nowitzki is so "beloved" by the media that he DIDN'T make All-NBA first team in what was one of his best overall seasons, and so "beloved" by fans that he DOESN'T sniff the top 15 in jersey sales.

Hardly anybody gives a crap about Dirk Nowitzki outside of Dallas and Germany. If you're butthurt about his being overrated in those places, get a grip. If he's being discussed right now nationally, it's because he is the best player on one of the only four teams still playing, and because since he's never won anything he might be the beneficiary of a little benign sentiment.

TD 21
05-18-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL at the degree of butthurt here. Nowitzki is so "beloved" by the media that he DIDN'T make All-NBA first team in what was one of his best overall seasons, and so "beloved" by fans that he DOESN'T sniff the top 15 in jersey sales.

Hardly anybody gives a crap about Dirk Nowitzki outside of Dallas and Germany. If you're butthurt about his being overrated in those places, get a grip. If he's being discussed right now nationally, it's because he is the best player on one of the only four teams still playing, and because since he's never won anything he might be the beneficiary of a little benign sentiment.

You're just another example of how the masses feel about him. I not only don't hate Nowitzki, I don't even dislike him. I'm indifferent towards him. I'm just not going to get caught up in the hype and slobber over him, because he's a white guy who's amongst the best players in the world. Amidst all the points, I recognize his shortcomings. If that's interpreted as being "butthurt" or "hating", then so be it.

Red Hawk #21
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Why is TD21 so mad?

Nathan89
05-18-2011, 06:50 PM

8. Sure they do.

1. Yeah if he had to guard a great offensive player in this series like..um..um Pau Gasol he would be fucked. The guy is good enough at everything and then excels at scoring. If that makes him one dimensional then so be it. All I know is he has been the most dominate player in the playoffs and he doesn't even have a second option. He is winning without a second option. It doesn't matter if you call him "one dimensional" if he is the most dominate player in the playoffs. That means he excels so much at that "one dimension" and is good enough at other aspects of the game to make him better than everyone that played in the playoffs this year.

2. Just because a 7-0 player can hit jumpers in the face of 6-10 players all day doesn't make it an "uncontested shot". It makes him a great/unstoppable player. O'Neal bulldozing player is getting by on his physical abilities. Dirk hitting fade away jumpers is not getting by on his physical abilities it's getting by on his skill. Shooting is a skill,FYI.

3. High payroll doesn't mean shit on the court. I know you think Marion and Haywood are superstars but they are not.

4. Once again two inches is not a big deal. I guess you didn't see Kidd guarding Kobe. The only reason you see guys that are 5 inches shorter guarding him is because the Thunder is desperate for a solution.

5. He is still a professional coach and believe me he has or will tell his players the best way to guard Dirk. They may or may not be able to execute.

9. If he wins a championship this year that means he has won and lost a finals without a second option. That's getting the job done and all that matters is getting the job done. Saying he is second best over Malone(who couldn't win with a top 50 player),Charles(who couldn't win,or Kg(who only won when he joined Pierce,Allen,and Rondo) is not a stretch. You are the one overrating certain aspects of what makes a great player. Winning with a team without a second option is hard to overrate.

*Bold=compliments

Kyle Orton
05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
lol someone saying Malone was less overrated than anyone else

TD 21
05-18-2011, 07:16 PM
1. Yeah if he had to guard a great offensive player in this series like..um..um Pau Gasol he would be fucked. The guy is good enough at everything and then excels at scoring. If that makes him one dimensional then so be it. All I know is he has been the most dominate player in the playoffs and he doesn't even have a second option. He is winning without a second option. It doesn't matter if you call him "one dimensional" if he is the most dominate player in the playoffs. That means he excels so much at that "one dimension" and is good enough at other aspects of the game to make him better than everyone that played in the playoffs this year.

2. Just because a 7-0 player can hit jumpers in the face of 6-10 players all day doesn't make it an "uncontested shot". It makes him a great/unstoppable player. O'Neal bulldozing player is getting by on his physical abilities. Dirk hitting fade away jumpers is not getting by on his physical abilities it's getting by on his skill. Shooting is a skill,FYI.

3. High payroll doesn't mean shit on the court. I know you think Marion and Haywood are superstars but they are not.

4. Once again two inches is not a big deal. I guess you didn't see Kidd guarding Kobe. The only reason you see guys that are 5 inches shorter guarding him is because the Thunder is desperate for a solution.

5. He is still a professional coach and believe me he has or will tell his players the best way to guard Dirk. They may or may not be able to execute.

9. If he wins a championship this year that means he has won and lost a finals without a second option. That's getting the job done and all that matters is getting the job done. Saying he is second best over Malone(who couldn't win with a top 50 player),Charles(who couldn't win,or Kg(who only won when he joined Pierce,Allen,and Rondo) is not a stretch. You are the one overrating certain aspects of what makes a great player. Winning with a team without a second option is hard to overrate.

*Bold=compliments

1. He's one dimensional. He's not above average at anything but scoring. If he were black, he'd be knocked for his lack of rebounding/shot blocking/overall defensive presence.

2. He's 7-0, with a high release point. They're uncontested shots. Big deal if there's an extended hand near his face; they're not bothering his shot. His shooting is a skill, obviously, but it's who he's often defended by and how he's often defended that makes it easy on him.

3. High payroll doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives you a lot better chance at being good than not. Everyone talks about the lack of a true number two, but he's had tons of depth and talent around him over the years.

4. It is when a guy is 7-0, with a high release point. On the perimeter, it's different.

9. He also choked away game 3 of the '06 Finals. Lost, in his prime, to an 8th seed that wasn't built for playoff success and followed that up with two other 1st round exits.

dirk4mvp
05-18-2011, 07:24 PM
:lol one of 5 guys in NBA history to average 25/10 in the playoffs, he doesn't do anything else but score

I don't even see spurfan get this mad and upset over JET, much less Dirk. Take a step back and watch greatness as he takes a wet shit all over the Thunder.

Nathan89
05-18-2011, 07:38 PM
1. He's one dimensional. He's not above average at anything but scoring. If he were black, he'd be knocked for his lack of rebounding/shot blocking/overall defensive presence.

2. He's 7-0, with a high release point. They're uncontested shots. Big deal if there's an extended hand near his face; they're not bothering his shot. His shooting is a skill, obviously, but it's who he's often defended by and how he's often defended that makes it easy on him.

3. High payroll doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives you a lot better chance at being good than not. Everyone talks about the lack of a true number two, but he's had tons of depth and talent around him over the years.

4. It is when a guy is 7-0, with a high release point. On the perimeter, it's different.

9. He also choked away game 3 of the '06 Finals. Lost, in his prime, to an 8th seed that wasn't built for playoff success and followed that up with two other 1st round exits.

1. His lack of rebounding is in large part due to him taking outside jumpers. I guess you want him to rebound his missed shots. Yeah Zbo was really hearing from all the Nba commentators about his inability to block shots and defend. It's just too bad Zbo is black, he didn't deserve all that criticism.

2. The best teams in the league can't guard him, they just don't have the personnel or the defensive schemes to stop dirk. Do you realize that is what you just said.

3. Depth is great but you need a number two.

9. What happened to all that dominate depth you were speaking of in point #3. If he had a legitimate #2 I would assume he would have won the series. I assume because I didn't watch the series but many people on this forum say the refs gave a ton of calls to the Heat. If that's true, then he could have possibly won with a game that was officiated evenly.

*Bold=compliments

TD 21
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
1. His lack of rebounding is in large part due to him taking outside jumpers. I guess you want him to rebound his missed shots. Yeah Zbo was really hearing from all the Nba commentators about his inability to block shots and defend. It's just too bad Zbo is black, he didn't deserve all that criticism.

2. The best teams in the league can't guard him, they just don't have the personnel or the defensive schemes to stop dirk. Do you realize that is what you just said.

3. Depth is great but you need a number two.

9. What happened to all that dominate depth you were speaking of in point #3. If he had a legitimate #2 I would assume he would have won the series. I assume because I didn't watch the series but many people on this forum say the refs gave a ton of calls to the Heat. If that's true, then he could have possibly won with a game that was officiated evenly.

*Bold=compliments

1. That somewhat explains offensive, not defensive. And no, he's not a great defensive rebounder and his overall rebound rate is sub par. Randolph takes plenty of jumpers and still dominates the offensive glass. Randolph doesn't get that criticism because he's not all that long and he's not athletic. Bosh, Stoudemire, etc., have been criticized for years, even though they're very good scorers, too.

2. Too many teams make it easy on him.

3. '94 Olajuwon didn't and neither did '03 Duncan.

9. So you didn't watch the series, but you're going to comment on it? Tell me, supposed Spurs fan, what is your obsession with the best player on one of their two main rivals?

Homeland Security
05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
You're just another example of how the masses feel about him. I not only don't hate Nowitzki, I don't even dislike him. I'm indifferent towards him. I'm just not going to get caught up in the hype and slobber over him, because he's a white guy who's amongst the best players in the world. Amidst all the points, I recognize his shortcomings. If that's interpreted as being "butthurt" or "hating", then so be it.I'm not sure if that incoherent answer is some kind of trolling job, or because you go through life with pubic hair on your head and therefore cannot help it, but all I'm saying is that the only people who care about Dirk Nowitzki are Mavs fans and Germans in actual Germany. There is essentially zero hype and slobber outside of those groups.

Nathan89
05-18-2011, 08:05 PM
1. That somewhat explains offensive, not defensive. And no, he's not a great defensive rebounder and his overall rebound rate is sub par. Randolph takes plenty of jumpers and still dominates the offensive glass. Randolph doesn't get that criticism because he's not all that long and he's not athletic. Bosh, Stoudemire, etc., have been criticized for years, even though they're very good scorers, too.

2. Too many teams make it easy on him.

3. '94 Olajuwon didn't and neither did '03 Duncan.

9. So you didn't watch the series, but you're going to comment on it? Tell me, supposed Spurs fan, what is your obsession with the best player on one of their two main rivals?

1. Apparently you don't watch Randolph because he gets a ton of his offensive rebounds missing his own shot in the paint. Blair gets those type of rebounds as well. You act like Randolph is coming into the paint and getting his teammates missed shots. FYI, Dirk isn't athletic either. So the reason Randolph doesn't get that criticism is because he's not athletic. A logical person would assume that's the same reason he doesn't get that criticism and not because he is white. Then you bring up two athletic guys that do receive criticism for that. Logic is still holding true.

2. He makes it look easy. If the best players on the best teams with the best coaches can't stop him then no one can.

3. Way to bring up player that no one is rating Dirk higher than.

9. Me watching the series isn't very important but you brought it up because you couldn't disagree with what I posted. You mention how great his depth is yet they didn't step up when Dirk couldn't dominate himself. Teams need at least two options and depth. If he had that his team could have carried him at the end of game 3 and the Mavs would have took a 3-0 lead. I guess you expect him to be on top of his game all game every game.

I don't have the obsession you do. You are the one that came in here typed up and typed up a bunch of bullshit paragraphs. I just wanted to call you out on that bullshit.

jjktkk
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
1. Apparently you don't watch Randolph because he gets a ton of his offensive rebounds missing his own shot in the paint. Blair gets those type of rebounds as well. You act like Randolph is coming into the paint and getting his teammates missed shots. FYI, Dirk isn't athletic either. So the reason Randolph doesn't get that criticism is because he's not athletic. A logical person would assume that's the same reason he doesn't get that criticism and not because he is white. Then you bring up two athletic guys that do receive criticism for that. Logic is still holding true.

2. He makes it look easy. If the best players on the best teams with the best coaches can't stop him then no one can.

9. Me watching the series isn't very important but you brought it up because you couldn't disagree with what I posted. You mention how great his depth is yet they didn't step up when Dirk couldn't dominate himself. Teams need at least two options and depth. If he had that his team could have carried him at the end of game 3 and the Mavs would have took a 3-0 lead. I guess you expect him to be on top of his game all game every game.

I don't have the obsession you do. You are the one that came in here typed up and typed up a bunch of bullshit paragraphs. I just wanted to call you out on that bullshit.

I can't stand the Mavs, hate them with a passion, but dude, come on, Dirk will be one of the alltime greats in the history of the league when he decides to hang em up.

TD 21
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM

1. The point is, shooting a lot of jump shots doesn't necessarily have to equate to being an awful offensive rebounder. The difference is, Nowitzki is 7-0. Even if he's not very athletic, at that size and with decent mobility, there's no excuse to be so one dimensional.

9. If you didn't watch it, then you have no business commenting on it. So you're saying he needed the surrounding talent to carry him to a championship (in his prime, no less)? I absolutely expect an elite player, in the Finals, to carry his team.

That's what I mean when I say constant excuses. Malone would have been ripped to the end of eternity for such a colossal choke job. With Nowitzki, it's forgotten. He's apparently "cold blooded" and "a killer". All I hear about is how his numbers improve in the playoffs, yet McGrady was ripped relentlessly for not getting it done int he playoffs. Even though he has some of the best playoff numbers ever and played on severely limited teams.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 01:53 AM
McGrady himself blew a 2-0 lead against your favorite jump shooting German. Not exactly getting it done. It's also hilarious you avoiding the comment about Dirk averaging 26/10.6 in the playoffs, basically shitting on your argument.

100%duncan
05-19-2011, 02:04 AM

you're actually taking it serious dude

Brad2217
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
go mavs

Jt.ONE
05-19-2011, 12:43 PM

:nope

Venti Quattro
05-19-2011, 12:48 PM

http://valleyofthesuns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nash-horry.jpg

Nathan89
05-19-2011, 03:39 PM
http://valleyofthesuns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nash-horry.jpg

I mean't top 50 player all time. I said entire career if you think Nash is top 50 and if he is top 50 he became that after his Dallas days.

ElNono
05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Hand down... man down

Nathan89
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
1. The point is, shooting a lot of jump shots doesn't necessarily have to equate to being an awful offensive rebounder. The difference is, Nowitzki is 7-0. Even if he's not very athletic, at that size and with decent mobility, there's no excuse to be so one dimensional.

9. If you didn't watch it, then you have no business commenting on it. So you're saying he needed the surrounding talent to carry him to a championship (in his prime, no less)? I absolutely expect an elite player, in the Finals, to carry his team.

That's what I mean when I say constant excuses. Malone would have been ripped to the end of eternity for such a colossal choke job. With Nowitzki, it's forgotten. He's apparently "cold blooded" and "a killer". All I hear about is how his numbers improve in the playoffs, yet McGrady was ripped relentlessly for not getting it done int he playoffs. Even though he has some of the best playoff numbers ever and played on severely limited teams.

1. The point you made wasn't valid and that is why I mentioned how Randolph gets 90% of his offensive rebounds. Some of the other posters already mentioned that Dirk averages over 10 rebounds in the playoffs. I guess that isn't good enough.

9. Dirk scored 30 points in the most important game of that series(game 3), I don't think getting help from his teammates constitutes as being carried.

LMFAO you hear about McGrady because he couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. If you are great you can make it out of the first round especially in the East.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2011, 03:52 PM

No. And if the loser racists in this thread (and in the Club) keep it up, then they won't be posting here much longer.

Sportstudi
05-19-2011, 04:33 PM

8. Sure they do.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/omglol69/Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg

ATXSPUR
05-19-2011, 04:50 PM
No. And if the loser racists in this thread (and in the Club) keep it up, then they won't be posting here much longer.

Thanks for addressing that. It was really irritating me.