PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook quote

sefant77
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Westbrook on what Dallas was doing to defend him, "Nothing, I just missed shots."

Marbury/Francis 2.0

The guy is a moron.

Axe Murderer
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
nothing wrong with that

Cessation
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Sounds like something pop would say.

DJ Mbenga
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
he missed some makeable shots. not gonna question his confidence, he is cocky guy

jag
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
If I'm Rick, I hope Westbrook stays confident and keeps his Eddie House mentality.

Fpoonsie
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
sefant doing his best "Spurfan/Terry butthurt" impression.

mavsfan1000
05-18-2011, 12:24 AM
He always misses jumpshots though. It's forcing him to shoot jumpshots is what is Dallas is doing for the most part.

Isitjustme?
05-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I agree ith you guys. Any time you can give up on a 22 year old point guard who averaged 22 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg, and 2 steals you have to do it. Ship his ass out Presti!

jag
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I agree ith you guys. Any time you can give up on a 22 year old point guard who averaged 22 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg, and 2 steals you have to do it. Ship his ass out Presti!

What's his FG% been during the postseason?

The guy consistently takes bad shots. It's tough to watch sometimes.

Nathan Explosion
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
When you're missing, they're all bad shots. Ask Josh Smith and Hawks fans. But when he's on, he's tough to guard.

But really, Westbrook should just drive to the rim and create from there. If the layup is there, take it. If you're fouled, FTs. And if the defense collapses, kick it out.

Durant should do the same. Harden seemed to be the only one getting the message for a time there.

jag
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
When you're missing, they're all bad shots. Ask Josh Smith and Hawks fans. But when he's on, he's tough to guard.

Same can be said for almost any NBA basketball player. When Jamario Moon is on, he's tough to guard.

There's a difference between high % shots and low % shots.

Isitjustme?
05-18-2011, 12:37 AM
What's his FG% been during the postseason?

The guy consistently takes bad shots. It's tough to watch sometimes.

#growingpains

Isitjustme?
05-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Every single story about Westbrook is that he works extremely hard and really wants to get better btw

sefant77
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM

I think the Thunder might be even better with:

Kidd
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

+ a solid 6th men (~15PPG) replacing Hardens role off the bench.

jag
#growingpains

#Steve Francis/Ricky Davis/Eddie House/Cuttino Mobley pains

DMC
He's right. He also missed plenty of open teammates.

Last year Dirk had a similar game against SA, going something like 12/13 or something absurd. The Mavs lost that series.

If the Mavs go away from Dirk too much, they could get into trouble. They look pretty good though. Dirk looks like a beast.

DMC
05-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Every single story about Westbrook is that he works extremely hard and really wants to get better btw

Sounds like a certain red headed love child that's played too many minutes this year (and last).

jag
05-18-2011, 12:43 AM

I don't doubt it. I can only attest to his current performance. Potential for improvement has no bearing on his current shot selection and decision making.

Isitjustme?
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
I don't doubt it. I can only attest to his current performance. Potential for improvement has no bearing on his current shot selection and decision making.

I'm more speaking to the people who act like he's some finished product. He's been very up and down this playoffs but has played very well at times. Its a glass half full, glass half empty situation and some people are acting like the glass is completely empty and has a quarter sized in the bottom of it.

NewJerSpur
05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
If I see Westbrook iso'd on Kidd to the left/right of the basket resulting in him running into the middle of the lane where all the traffic is I'm going to bust up my TV....that and him being airborn for a layup but passing into traffic or shooting an off-balance fade that barely grazes the rim because he's thinking about passing it into traffic.

His skillset and the job he's been assigned to do at PG put him in an awkward spot. Dude has athleticism for days and is still learning the position so I do cut him some slack....but it's like he either plays overly aggressive and puts up a lot of ill-advised shots or he does like he did tonight and attempts to force passes (presumably because he's letting the talk that he's shooting too much get into his head). He's going to have to find a balance on the fly, like push the tempo in transition to see if you can catch Dallas' defense off-guard and get an easy score....if it's not there and you look to penetrate, take what the defense gives you.

DMC
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm more speaking to the people who act like he's some finished product. He's been very up and down this playoffs but has played very well at times. Its a glass half full, glass half empty situation and some people are acting like the glass is completely empty and has a quarter sized in the bottom of it.
Maybe he's a glass bigger than it needs to be. He could be effective with fewer shot attempts.

Then again, 24 for 24 for just Dirk. Most teams never see that. The Thunder just got blitzed, just like LA in game 4 of the last series.

jag
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM

He's going to make shots and he's going to go on runs. But a guy taking as many shots as he takes, damn sure better go on a few hot streaks. His problem is his shot selection. He needs to learn when to defer and when to take over. Right now he seems more concerned with getting his, than making the right plays.

Isitjustme?
05-18-2011, 01:09 AM
He's going to make shots and he's going to go on runs. But a guy taking as many shots as he takes, damn sure better go on a few hot streaks. His problem is his shot selection. He needs to learn when to defer and when to take over. Right now he seems more concerned with getting his, than making the right plays.

But for the long haul you would take someone like him on your team, right?

And just for the record if Dirk keeps playing like this OKC has no chance anyways unless Scottie Brooks go Jon Chaney and sends in one of his goons to take out Diggler.

Sean Cagney
05-18-2011, 02:38 AM
fuck it I AM A CHUCKER I SHOOT BEFORE I PASS!!!!!!!!! Thats him.

Giuseppe
05-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Media has tabbed Westbrook to be their designated whipping boy. It's a hoot, no matter if it's talk radio, or print, or television they all tear him a new asshole in similar manner.:rolleyes

Ice009
05-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Didn't Steve Francis always used the say the same thing? I seem to recall Francis never, ever gave the other team's defense credit at all.

dallaskd
05-18-2011, 04:15 AM
He always misses jumpshots though. It's forcing him to shoot jumpshots is what is Dallas is doing for the most part.

lol thunder in 6

Bill_Brasky
05-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Sounds like a certain red headed love child that's played too many minutes this year (and last).

:lol a Westbrook/Bonner comparison, classic SpursTalk.

Ice009
05-18-2011, 06:39 AM
One thing I had noticed is that his misses are usually always short. that is horrible shooting and way off IMO when you are that short, you probably should learn to shoot before taking 30 shots a game. Good shooters don't normally hit the front of the rim that short. He really needs to improve.

100%duncan
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
If I see Westbrook iso'd on Kidd to the left/right of the basket resulting in him running into the middle of the lane where all the traffic is I'm going to bust up my TV....that and him being airborn for a layup but passing into traffic or shooting an off-balance fade that barely grazes the rim because he's thinking about passing it into traffic.

His skillset and the job he's been assigned to do at PG put him in an awkward spot. Dude has athleticism for days and is still learning the position so I do cut him some slack....but it's like he either plays overly aggressive and puts up a lot of ill-advised shots or he does like he did tonight and attempts to force passes (presumably because he's letting the talk that he's shooting too much get into his head). He's going to have to find a balance on the fly, like push the tempo in transition to see if you can catch Dallas' defense off-guard and get an easy score....if it's not there and you look to penetrate, take what the defense gives you.

I think he did both pass into traffic which resulted in TO and shoot extremely difficult shots

Pelicans78
05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
The Mavs closed off the rim and didn't foul him. Good defense. He's a one-trick pony. Drives to the basket, makes the occasional jumper. Has no court vision whatsoever. Thunder don't need him as much as he thinks they do. They could get by with Harden and a solid PG and still be a strong team as long as they have Durant. Westbrook just takes shots away from Durant and Harden.

Killakobe81
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM

Excellent points. He appears to be "overthinking" ...and the defense seems to be rreading when he wants to score and when he is gonna force it. He needs to vary his game more ...

redzero
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
The Mavs closed off the rim and didn't foul him. Good defense. He's a one-trick pony. Drives to the basket, makes the occasional jumper. Has no court vision whatsoever. Thunder don't need him as much as he thinks they do. They could get by with Harden and a solid PG and still be a strong team as long as they have Durant. Westbrook just takes shots away from Durant and Harden.

The Mavs definitely fouled him. Or the refs thought they did.